Andy Barker, P.I. Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

Cancelled

mdstudio

[1]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 5

Though we will get to see the final two episodes on Saturday night, the show is cancelled.

http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2007/04/andy_barker_pi_nbc_andy_richter_sitcom_cancelled.php  

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jamie106

[2]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 12
    NBC and TV audiences never gave it a chance. Another good show cancelled too soon.

mysteryfox2007

[3]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 9

omg! that is really disapointing, i thought this was a really funny show. is it because of ratings? which would be weird, b/c it had 30 Rock's old timeslot, and they got an early renewal and everything.

*sigh*, poor Andy, maybe he should go back to Conan. He's just not been having the best of luck since he left. 

mp34mp

[4]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 16
    oh come on! This was the strongest show Andy has been on yet. You gotta be kidding me! They had strong cast members, strong writing with interesting supporting characters and wit up the @ss. Talk about a premature killing by NBC.

sophistiquated

[5]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 11

Well if they really wanted it to last, they wouldn't have put it on Thursday...at 9:30, and during March Madness. They couldn't put it during American Idol but maybe Wednesday at 9:30?

I really liked this show. 

Lookaloop

[6]Apr 11, 2007
    F*cking NBC jackasses. How can they cancel their funniest show after The Office? I don't understand what's wrong with this world! Friday Night Lights should've been jerked off instead but people wanna watch their pretty people and their melodrama. Smart funny writing? No people don't want that (unless there's some jerked around love story going on). This is b*llsh#t NBC!

RIP Andy Barker.

avmon

[7]Apr 11, 2007
    Why couldn't NBC have renewed Andy Barker for at least 13 episodes next season, wait till Scrubs finished its run by early March by then (I'm assmuing it will be renewed), then put Barker in its place? That might have gotten some viewers who have Scrubs withdrawal (or who have just watched 30 Rock) and made Richter and Co. perform competenly in their time slot.

bunny_ears

[8]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 6
    It is surprising that they pulled this show so quickly. 30 Rock started with just an initial order of six episodes and it took awhile for that show to get started. The same thing happened with The Office.

It's just frustrating that a television show has to get 20 million viewers in order to be "successful."

mp34mp

[9]Apr 11, 2007
    I wonder if NBC has sentimental ties to the 30 Rock show, it being Tina Fey & Alec Baldwin at the helm. Andy doesn't exactly have the momentum on his side. Conan should have brought some leverage, but as much as I love Late Night, that's not in prime time and NBC knows what truly matters in advertising $$$. Andy deserved a better fate than this. I know NBC is in financial difficulties, but Andy Parker P.I. doesn't look anymore expensive to produce than 30 Rock, especially given the casts in comparison. In essence, I blame the popular consensus who wouldn't know a good show if it bit them in the ass. Stupid American Idol & ABC. Common consensus doesn't prevail, appealing to the lowest common denominator did.

Lookaloop

[10]Apr 12, 2007
    mp34mp wrote:
    I wonder if NBC has sentimental ties to the 30 Rock show, it being Tina Fey & Alec Baldwin at the helm. Andy doesn't exactly have the momentum on his side. Conan should have brought some leverage, but as much as I love Late Night, that's not in prime time and NBC knows what truly matters in advertising $$$. Andy deserved a better fate than this. I know NBC is in financial difficulties, but Andy Parker P.I. doesn't look anymore expensive to produce than 30 Rock, especially given the casts in comparison. In essence, I blame the popular consensus who wouldn't know a good show if it bit them in the ass. Stupid American Idol & ABC. Common consensus doesn't prevail, appealing to the lowest common denominator did.

wonderful insight

jammerpearl

[11]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 7
    i wouldnt give up all hope yet! the new schedules come out in mid may and only 1 source so far is saying its canceled! im hoping conan can through around some weight at nbc and get it a renewal

mdstudio

[12]Apr 13, 2007
    Much as I like Andy, I suspect the show got as much chance as it did because of Conan's involvement.

mp34mp

[13]Apr 14, 2007
    both Saturday night episodes were hilarious. NBC doesn't know what the hell they're doing.

nannorm

[14]Apr 15, 2007

These great shows are dropping like flies!  It isn't right the way they are forever pulling new shows before they have a chance to learn to crawl, let alone walk!

This show had a brilliant sense of humour behind it.  

R.I.P. Andy Barker, P.I.

You will be missed by many.

Hankercheifs all around... 

seanlyger

[15]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 7

I knew I shouldn't have gotten hooked on this show! Every sitcom Andy Richter touches dies!

Nothing against the guy, but his track record sucks. I really like this show and hope that the source is somehow mistaken.

I mean come on, "Find Out Why Your Favorite Movies Suck; $1". Thats classic!

Scrantonicity

[16]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 3

I would have watched it last night if I knew it was on.

Thanks NBC!

SoylentYellow

[17]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 21
    mdstudio wrote:

Though we will get to see the final two episodes on Saturday night, the show is cancelled.

http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2007/04/andy_barker_pi_nbc_andy_richter_sitcom_cancelled.php  

Not terribly suprising considering the low ratings. 

NBC stands for No Body Cares.   Its only real hit is "Heroes" which I really dont care for.   It still manages a couple of top 20 (barely) shows like DOND or Law & Order clones. Still watch ER, though that one has gotten stale and needs to end soon.    NBC consistently ranks 3rd or 4th in the ratings (last Wednesday it finished behind CW - now thats BAD!!!).   I remember the days of the 80s and 90s when NBC was Must See TV - now its a mostly a load of crap.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings.aspx?id=weekly

I didnt like this show much, but it wasnt as bad as "Thank God Youre Here".  Its definitely true that networks these days axe shows fairly quickly - they have maybe 6 episodes to produce a positive ratings trend or its .... curtains!

Edited on 04/16/2007 9:06am
    Edited 3 total times.

DZA187

[18]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 10
    the last few eps of this show were good... just wasnt given a chance at all.. sad to hear its cancelled.

biffkowalski

[19]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 3

Poor Andy.  It must be so disappointing to be part of something that you know is good and still have it cancelled.  That's also two critical hits but rating misses for Tony Hale.  At least A.D. was around long enough that it made it to DVD.

My husband I will miss this show.

westcoastwillam

[20]Apr 17, 2007
    thats BS!!! this shows rocked i loved it so much  it was damn funny conan made this show dman what a bummer  my day is ruined lol