Andy Barker, P.I. Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

How long will it last?

dude6363

[1]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 60

With an already dismal 6.8 rating here before it even airs one has to wonder how long this will last. Personally, I don't see it standing the test of time, scratch that, standing up with other NBC Thursday night Comedy hits. (Friends, Scrubs ect.). With an eh plot I just can't see this show lasting over 30 ---35 episodes tops.

What's your prediction? It'll kick the can someday will it make it to the 3rd episode? How about the 300th?

Voice when AB P.I. will go into the big TV in the sky!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maaarin

[2]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 18
    I saw a clip on NBC's site... It really doens't loo funny... IMHO, NBC will cancel it after the 6 episodes... Ratings - a little better than 30R at the beginning, then it will sink...

bunny_ears

[3]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 6
    Well, unfortunately Andy Richter shows have never done well. It's too bad because he is actually very funny. Probably his best performance was in Arrested Development! I am really looking forward to this show and I hope it doesn't disappoint.

smith_kyle

[4]Mar 14, 2007
    • level: 7
    I'm gonna guess  5-10 episodes, then it's dead.

sistersun

[5]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 10
    smith_kyle wrote:
    I'm gonna guess 5-10 episodes, then it's dead.

Based on what I've seen at NBC.com so far, if the show lasts that long, I'll be surprised. (and disappointed that so many other *good* shows don't make it to ten episodes.)

It's cute, but I can't see myself tuning in or making space in my taping schedule for this one.

TimWidhalm

[6]Mar 15, 2007

sistersun wrote:
    smith_kyle wrote:
    I'm gonna guess 5-10 episodes, then it's dead.
    Based on what I've seen at NBC.com so far, if the show lasts that long, I'll be surprised. (and disappointed that so many other *good* shows don't make it to ten episodes.) It's cute, but I can't see myself tuning in or making space in my taping schedule for this one.

Why does every network hate Andy Richter, I mean Andy Richter controls the univers was crap FOX and so was quintuplets(I liked it a little because I like Ryan Pinkston and Sarah Wright is hot) and now this show is competely unfunny, thanx a lot NBC, although I don't blame you for giving him a chance since he was so good as Conan's sidekick but he should've stayed with Conan where he would of at least always had a job.

WorkingStiff79

[7]Mar 16, 2007
    • level: 4
    Probably 5 or 6 episodes. That's not to say that it's a bad show, it's not, but it is different and we all know how well shows like this are treated. I saw the pilot and another episode online a few days ago and didn't care for the show but I thought I'd give it another chance and so I watched the pilot again on tv tonight and I liked it. I guess I'm not very good at watching tv shows online, I'm just not used to it, I always get distracted. It's not really laugh out loud funny but it is clever and I like all the characters, especially Simon. That car chase scene was pretty good, reminded me of S&H and they use a lot of music on this show which I love. I hope this show lasts for a while but with my luck it probably won't.

-Cybrus-

[8]Mar 16, 2007
    I watched the first episode on NBC this week, and it wasn't very good. If this show makes it past 4 aired episodes, I'll be surprised.

jussten

[9]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 9
    TimWidhalm wrote:

Andy Richter controls the univers was crap.[/QUOTE]

Your crazy, that show was very good, deserved a better fate.

as for this show...... they'll air the 6 episodes and then its done. Too bad because this show has potential.

kendahlj

[10]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 5
    I don't think I laughed one time. Just didn't work for me. Decent enough premise though...but I just don't think Richter is the one to pull it off. This won't make it four episodes.

nannorm

[11]Mar 20, 2007
    Personally I thought this show was pretty funny.  i actually laughed out loud a few times, which doesn't happen as much as i'd like with shows these days (30 Rock being a huge exception this year).

I think it has potential but I doubt I am within the majority. 

The biggest problem for shows these days is they don't even get a proper chance to see if they have potential.  It's not right. 

Like why is Til Death (I do like this show but...) still being given a chance when something like Help Me Hlep You was pulled SO fast and I thought it was nice and intelligent.  That has happened to many shows this year and its wreaking havoc on my recording schedule!  ;-)

I'm venting now....

I just hope they give it long enough to develop because I think this Andy show has potential.

n00dl3b0y

[12]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 11
    Hopefully it'll last a long time. The first six full eps are avalible on NBCs site, streamed. The first was okay, but they kept getting better and better. The sixth had me laughing out loud nearly the entire time. I hope they don't pull it too soon. There's definitely some potential here.

quijote98

[13]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 3

WorkingStiff79 wrote:
    Probably 5 or 6 episodes. That's not to say that it's a bad show, it's not, but it is different and we all know how well shows like this are treated. I saw the pilot and another episode online a few days ago and didn't care for the show but I thought I'd give it another chance and so I watched the pilot again on tv tonight and I liked it. I guess I'm not very good at watching tv shows online, I'm just not used to it, I always get distracted. It's not really laugh out loud funny but it is clever and I like all the characters, especially Simon. That car chase scene was pretty good, reminded me of S&H and they use a lot of music on this show which I love. I hope this show lasts for a while but with my luck it probably won't.

My thoughts exactly.  I've enjoyed both episodes on TV so far (was not aware of the freebies online).  I love the characters and this is my kind of humor, but it is true that most viewers do not accept "new" and "different" very well.  It's a shame that most people don't get it (if the comments here are any indication).  Oh well, maybe the producers will dumb it down so that people can embrace it.  Shame. 

usagisakura

[14]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 11
    n00dl3b0y wrote:
    Hopefully it'll last a long time. The first six full eps are avalible on NBCs site, streamed. The first was okay, but they kept getting better and better. The sixth had me laughing out loud nearly the entire time. I hope they don't pull it too soon. There's definitely some potential here.

I agree, I really didn't like the pilot that much, but the 2nd episode was way better. I enjoyed it a lot more. I'm looking foreward to watching the 3rd one.

WorkingStiff79

[15]Mar 24, 2007
    quijote98 wrote:

WorkingStiff79 wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I've enjoyed both episodes on TV so far (was not aware of the freebies online). I love the characters and this is my kind of humor, but it is true that most viewers do not accept "new" and "different" very well. It's a shame that most people don't get it (if the comments here are any indication). Oh well, maybe the producers will dumb it down so that people can embrace it. Shame.

I'm sick of the same old boring sitcoms. I'd rather watch original shows like Knights of Prosperity and Andy Barker than George Lopez or Two and a Half Men. I think NBC should give shows like Andy Barker some time to find an audience. Heck they were patient with The Office, maybe they will do the same with Andy Barker. I'm sure people will get into it sooner or later, it's a great show. I thought the episode they aired on Thursday was hilarious, even better than the pilot.

6thSimpson483

[16]Mar 27, 2007

The problem is getting a second season. if it can do that It should last a while, but if it doesn't thatn 6 episodes. I hope it lasts becuase I've seen all the episodes on NBC.com and their really funny

PhDnotMD

[17]Mar 28, 2007
    • level: 5
    Maybe not even 6 episodes. According to The Futon Critic, April 12th's episode will be "The Big No Sleep" (#106) and that will be the Season One Finale. That means that they won't air #105, "The Lady Varnishes".

Of course, they could be wrong. It is a funny premise, but I think it asks too much of today's younger audiences. Episode one kept referring to Chinatown, and I would be surprised if more than 10% of the audience have even heard of it - much less seen it.

Oh well, Forget it, Jake. It's cancelled.

WorkingStiff79

[18]Mar 28, 2007
    PhDnotMD wrote:
    Maybe not even 6 episodes. According to The Futon Critic, April 12th's episode will be "The Big No Sleep" (#106) and that will be the Season One Finale. That means that they won't air #105, "The Lady Varnishes".

I believe "The Lady Vanishes" is only available online at NBC's site. I don't understand why they can't just air that episode on tv.

bunny_ears

[19]Mar 28, 2007
    • level: 6
    Let's all remember that The Office had only six episodes for season one, and the first episode of that show was just okay. So Andy Barker could definitely get better.

benchervin

[20]Mar 29, 2007
    PhDnotMD wrote:
    To bad because "The Lady Varnishes" was the funniest one of the 6. (Maybe it will be the season 2 premiere, if season 2 actually happens.)

I think it is a funny show, and very entertaining, of the 6 episodes I've seen so far, but I don't think it will last very long. It's funny, but I liked "AR Controls the Universe" better. They should've kept that one instead. I'll still continue to watch "ARI" though.
    Edited on 03/29/2007 8:52pm