Angel

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM May 06, 2002 on The WB

• Here's Connor

A NEW WORLD

The Good;

Anthony Starke who plays Tyke also played Ezra in the TV version of the Magnificent Seven, my favourite character, very Doc Holliday (he's also Sanchez's assistant Truman Lodge in the Bond film Licence to Kill). Love the way you can see Gunn and Groo just automatically reacting to Connors attack without a moments hesitation. Love Myrna too.

The Bad;

Connor jumping on the bus looks very fake. The shootout with the police looks like it belongs in the Matrix films as indeed does the initial confrontation at the Hyperion. Also, where is the body of the beastie that proceeded Connor through the rift? Holtz's makeup also isn't too good. CC's blood seems almost translucent which it wouldn't be unless that's a side effect of her half demon side. You can see Angel's shoulder reflected in the door when he tries to follow Conor outside

Best line:

Tyke; (pointing to where his ear used to be) "You'll have to speak up because I DON'T HEAR SO GOOD!"

just beating;

Fred; "Poor Connor he must be so scared"

Gunn; "Yeah he looked real scared when he was KICKING MY ASS!" (once again Gunn is AI's straight man)

Jeez, how did they get away with that?

Sunny dead in the bathtub with the needle in her arm. Such realistic depictions of death and suffering always more disturbing than demons and vampires. Connor cutting Tyke's ear off!

Apocalypses: 5

Wes: 5

Doyle; 1

Lorne; 3

Groo; 1

Kills: none but Connor must be quite the boy to fight off Angel, Gunn and Groo!?

Cordy: 5 vamps, 3 demons

Angel; 39 vamps, 57 and 1/2 demons, 7 humans

Doyle; 1 vamp

Wes; 12 demons+3 vamps, 2 humans

Kate; 3 vamps

Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.

Gunn; 10 vamps+ 11 demons.

Groo; 1 demon

Alternate Fang Gang:

Cordy: 2

Angel: 8

Fred; 1

Characters killed: Sunny ODs.

Recurring characters killed;

8;

Total number of Angel Investigations:

6, Angel, Cordy, Gunn, Fred, Lorne and Groo

Angel Investigations shot: Angel by the police in the motel shootout

Angel: 12

Gunn; 1 Fred

Fred; 1 Gunn

Groo; 1Cordy

Kinky dinky:

Tyke appears to be attempting to force Sunny to have sex with him in return for drugs. Connor is fascinated by a bra he finds at the squat. The Groo once spent 11 days standing stock still to avoid being mated with by a herd of Burrbeasts. He implies that he was a virgin before him and Cordy. Connor strips before Sunny and they kiss.

Captain Subtext;

Sunny warns him not to play 'teddy bear in the hole' with another of the residents.

Know the face, different character; 4

Parking garages;

Buffy characters on Angel; 16

Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony

Questions and observations;

When does Connor reload his arm cannon, it has 3 tubes but he fires four shots? Note Wes keeps a couple of swords in the umbrella stand by his door. It's an interesting comparison between Groo and Riley, both love their sweethearts but realise they're not the ones for them so leave. However whilst Riley was pretty much agony to watch the Groo does it much more subtly and with dignity (maybe the writers learned their lesson?). The LAPD at the crime scene seem remarkably forthcoming to Gunn, maybe they're friends of Kate's? Connor intends to find Tyke from his scent, has he inherited his parents vamp senses? Angel says that Stephen isn't an Irish name, true but in Southern Ireland Boxing Day is also known as St Stephen's Day.

Marks out of 10; 7/10, pretty good

• A New World

A New World was a really great episode of Angel. I really enjoyed watching this episode as Angel trys to track down Connor, who is now a battle ready teenage warrior from a Hell Dimension. It truly was a new world for Connor, and he made a friend by helping a young woman in trouble. I thought this was a nice touch to the episode's story. I thought it fitting and fun to watch Lilah taunt Wesley and offer him a job. Lorne's connection to close the rift was fun and interesting. I enjoyed the surprise at the end and I can't wait to watch the next episode!!!!!!!
  • Connor returns and he ain't happy (what's new?)

A New World is a great episode with some great scenes but due to the fact it brought my least favourite character (Connor) into the show I can never fully love it.

The opening scene is quite good but the slow mo fight seriously annoyed me- it's not The Matrix people! Also, Angel's drawn out "Nooo!"'s were just annoying as hell- whether it's his son or not he just tried to kill him! Also I didn't like his whole "once I have get a chance to talk to him" riff- Connor has been brought up in a hell dimension, raised to despise Angel and told to kill him and Angel thinks that by saying a few words Connor will become a happy, loving child? Think Angel. Actually, Angel just annoyed me the entire way through this episode and I don't really know why. The girl Connor saves, Sonny, is a tragic character and couldn't be a worse way to introduce Connor to L.A.- her world is terrible and although she is nice, she introduces him to fighting and drugs. Connor's experiences twist his view of this world and make him even more distrustful than he already was.

The Cordy and Groo scenes were interesting. The part where he says he thought her affection for him has waned and then she opens her eyes during the kiss somewhat proves he's not right for her and that she's having doubts. It's so clear to us as viewers that her and Angel belong together and it's frustrating having to wait until the end of the season to see it happening!

Lilah and Wesley's relationship pretty much begins here with their first meeting. I like that she's so honest and tells him he committed the worst sin- betrayal. I like their relationship and think it's interesting, especially next season.

A New World is a great episode that has some nice scenes and a shocker ending of Holtz appearing (uh-oh). It's very important and shouldn't be missed.
  • Connor: The Teenage Years

A New World-Angel's son Connor is brought back from the Hell dimension a feral teenage warrior, and is hellbent on vengeance against his father for Angel's bloody past. When he fails, the confused teen escapes to the mean streets of L.A. Determined to set things straight, Angel searches for his son, who in the interim befriends a troubled but kind homeless girl. Meanwhile, the dimensional rift through which the young man traveled continues to cause trouble at the hotel.

After the arrival of a mysterious boy from Quor-toh, we come to realize that it is Connor and his return to his father makes for interesting episode. Vincent Kartheiser makes good first appearance as the slightly confused yet fearless young teenager struggling to adjust to the streets of L.A. I love that the episode shows L.A. as another hell dimension for Connor and how the people he interacts with shapes his opinion of this world. The fight scenes in the episode are all great especially Connor beating on the thugs of L.A. and even ripping off one's ear...ehh, Tyson much? David and Vincent have some nice chemistry as Angel tries to make his son realize he's his son and he can't make up for his past. Another great part of the episode is Lilah offering Wesley a nw job as his now unemployed and lonely. Both actors work off each other well, as you can see how much each truly depise each other. The episode ends on a frustrating note as Holtz had returned, ohh here we go! All and All, a great episode with some nice developments and scenes.
    Probably the best pre-mindwipe Connor episode. After this episode, he's a anti-hero that you can never quite trust, and is just REALLY annoying. Probably the best part of this episode is where Angel and Connor are having a heart to heart previous to Ty's intrusion. David Boreanez's facial expressions are amazing ... to take a quote from a Simpsons episode, "you can actaully pinpoint the moment his heart breaks". Holtz's plan has worked to perfection as Angel is in a hell dimension as he has to stand there are recieve nothing but seething hatred from the only son he'll ever have. His past crimes are compounded 1000 times over as Connor serves as a mouthpeice for Holtz's hate filled agenda. Classic episode.
  • The son is not remotely ready to bond with the Father

We pick up where we left off from The Price. The gang is standing in the lobby staring at...Connor? Connor goes on full attack mode and takes everyone (except Angel) down pretty quickly and runs off. Angel wants to follow but sunlight is not his friend, as usual. Gunn and Groo give chase but Connor hops a bus, literally. The bulk of this ep is spent chasing Connor down and focusing on how Connor is dealing with being back in the real world. He is most definitely a fish out of water and he loathes Angel, thanks to all of the wonderful bedtime stories Holtz has probably told him. The episode ends with Angel trying to get Connor to go back to the hotel with him, but Connor declines. At the end we also see a familiar friend has followed Connor from the hell dimension; Holtz, and he certainly hasnt aged well.
  • hell connor!

This is the first real appereance of connor. it was awesome! his chemestry with angel and the fight scene and the way he tricked his dad at the end. just wow.

the episode was perfect from beginning to end. angel looking for his son while his son is inlove with a drug addict chick who takes an overdosis. what a way to be introduced to the world i say.

connor sees angels real face and when he goes away he comes to holtz and sees him all old. holtz also arrived to la.

i hate groo he is annoying and keeps cordelia apart from angel. the episode is very very good. one of the best of the show.
  • Watching Angel chase his son around L.A. was heart breaking.

Seeing Connor as a grown child was shocking enough but seeing what he had become was insanity. Cutting off ears, crazy karate, and anger the likes of which a teenager had never posessed was a thrill to watch. And seeing Angel attempt to reconnect and chase him all over the city was a heart wrencher. He looked so sad and so emotional through out the entire episode. Your heart just breaks for him, especially when rewatching the episode after seeing the rest of the season.
  • WOW

It was one of the most greatest episodes in the show i mean it was sooo GREAT David did a great job as afather in the show and that makes you wonder what kind of fathers he will be when his son is going to try to kill him it's alot of presure but is he going to handle it to still love conor and to protect him from the bad guys and himself i know you are going to to take a bad image about the kid at first but when you are going to understand him you will see what he sees.
  • One of the shows best episodes. Angel's son Connor comes back from the hell dimension. only as a teenager and to kill his father. he soon realises that this world isn't far from beeing hell either. I think this episode is very powerful and amazingly direc

A New World

This is to me the strongest season 3 episode. it's powerful. Connor comes back from a hell dimension and everything he goes through here he experienced as another hell dimension. Angel saes him and shows him his real face and at the end Connor goes to an alley to find his other father. Holtz. this episode is very powerful in so many ways.

cut to where The Price ended. he shoots some arrows at them and it almost kills Angel and Groo throws an axe at him but Connor protect himself 'Interesting'

the credits start

cut to Angel seeing it and he sees it's Connor but he fights and they all fight and Connor is very strong and defeats everyone but then Angel finally defeats him and throws him on the ground and almost kills him but tells him to stand up and Connor runs away and Angel runs after him but Gunn and Groo stop him and bring him back. Connor runs on the highway and jumps up a bus and it goes away. Angel goes back and tells them to find out where the bus is heading up to. Cordy says that her vision was about that and Fred gives him the address and he leaves. Lorne knows where to go because they can't go to Wesley and Groo and Cordy stay to guard the hotel. Fred realised that Gunn went to Wes to save her and says that they can never go back to there again.

cut to Lilah going over to Wes and she goes into his home. she's there to offer him a job and gives him a book of hers that he read about the inferno. she says it's about the mouth of hell and the one who comes in the mouth in the middle is Judas who was the traitor so she tells him not to pretend like he's too good to work with them. cut to Connor on top of the bus and jumps off it. cut to Gunn and Fred talking to Angel on the phone and they say people saw him and Angel is in the sewers and he needs the sun to go down cause his son is gonna stay alive. cut to Connor in a place and hears a guy Tyke being mean to a girl Sunny and he throws away her cd's and tries to put her in his car and Connor comes down and Tyke tells him to walk away but Connor walks towards that man. He says Connor isn't scary and some men come out and knock him out and Tyke says he's scary. Connor wakes up again and he fights them all and beats them down and he saves Sunny and before they leave Connor cuts off Tyke's ear and in that way he won't forget him.

cut to Groo and Cordy and she's impressed with him standing there still and she keeps talking about Angel but she says that she's only interested in Groo and they kiss and he says that he was afraid that her affections for him were winged and she looks kinda weird and then something comes out and it knocks them out. cut to Angel, Fred and Gunn in that place and they know Connor was there and they have to find him cause he's all alone in a strange world. cut to Connor and Sunny coming over to a few rooms and they go in an apartment. she says it's home for tonight and people come there a lot and she finds some clothes and tells him to take it on and she has some food and she sees him naked and then when he's warring clothes again she gives him some food and he likes. he sees a tool for eating but she says it's for something else. she shows him drugs and says it's medicine for when she's sad and he asks if she's sad and she says she isn't and they eat some more food together.

cut to Gunn and Fred coming home and they find Cordy and Groo on the floor. cut to Sunny and Connor together and she says she has had worse days and she came here to get away from her dad but Connor to find him. she likes what Connor says and then they kiss and she says she will be right back. cut to Wes looking into the book and realised what Lilah said. cut to Connor waking up and he goes to find Sunny and finds her in the bathroom with a needle on her hand and goes to her and finds the thing she called medicine and then finds his dad behind him. Angel things she used drugs but he didn't and Angel wants to make it right but he doesn't and then they fight and Connor doesn't want to listen and Angel throw him on the ground and Connor tells him to stop calling him Connor cause his name is Steven.

cut to the hotel and Fred wants to call Wesley but nobody wants to and then comes Lorne with a woman and she's hard to find. cut to Connor and Angel and Angel likes his new name even though it's not Irish. Connor says that his father taught him everything and Angel says Holtz is not his father and Connor hits Angel and says he doesn't get to say that name and Connor says he knows how to kill vampires and wants to see Angel's second face and Angel shows it to him and hen morphs back and he hopes Connor will accept it one day. then come Tyke and some guys and Angel says that Sunny is dead and they want to kill them because of what Connor did to his ear. he wants his coat and all the drugs inside it.

cut to the hotel and the woman is there to shut the portal and she uses some magic to close the tear in reality and she closes it and can't say if anything came out and isn't gonna stay either and leaves. cut to the apartment again and the cops come and Tyke grabs Connor from behind and they start to shoot and Angel grabs Connor to the ground and they start to shoot and Angel tells Connor to get out and a cop shoots at him but Angel comes in the way and it hits him and tells Connor to go but he stays so Angel stands up and leaves with Connor. on the streets they stop and Angel tells Connor to come with him but Connor has to go and he knows he isn't alone. he comes to an alley and someone comes out of the shadows. it's Holtz 'Hello, Son' and Connor responds 'Hi dad'.

Black Out
    Best episode quotes:

Gunn: Angel? I hate to bring that up, but are we sure this was Connor? Just 'cause he said 'hi, dad'?
    Angel: That was him.
    Gunn: Couple of weeks ago he was wearing diapers. Now he's a teenager?"
    Cordelia: Tell me we don't live in a soap opera.
    Lorne: Yeah, well, personally I'm less worried about the 'how he grew up' than the 'why he came back.'
    Angel: He came back because he could. He found a way to escape that place.
    Lorne: Yeah, well, that's a possibility. Here is another: you sure he said 'hi, dad' and not 'you're dead'?
    Angel: He's angry and afraid. As soon as I get a chance to talk to him... Fred?
    Fred: Seventeen goes all the way downtown. Ends up at Union Station.
    Angel: Okay. Look, I'm going underground. Somebody hit the surface streets.
    Gunn: We got it, man.
    Groo: We will not fail - man.

Lorne: Well - I-I might know a guy, who knows another guy.
    Groo: Is it dangerous? Gunn and I can protect you.
    Lorne: Well, no. It's not dangerous, it's just awkward. This guy is all hands. I mean, all hands, like fifty of them. Anybody fluid in sign language?

Lilah: I would have called, but I figured you'd only tell me to go to hell, so, I thought I'd just take a shot and drop by. - Aren't you going to invite you in?
    Wesley: No.
    Lilah: Okay. Huh. Not what I expected. You know, bunch of flowers and 'get well' cards, maybe a couple of those balloons with the smiley faces on them? Wow. I guess when she slit your throat she nicked your sense of humor.
    Wesley: Not at all. I find you being here extremely funny.
    Lilah: And how is that?
    Wesley: Because you're going to offer me a job.
    Lilah: It's a shame, really, what happened. You dedicate your life to a cause, and the very people you try to help turn their backs on you.
    Wesley: Yes. Tragic. Now get the hell out.
    Lilah: Man of your talents, scholar, man of intellect...
    Wesley: Deep inside knowledge of Angel Investigations.
    Lilah: Did I mention that Wolfram and Hart has the finest library of mystical, occult, and supernatural reference material in the world? Full medical, dental, 401(k) package.
    Wesley: Not interested.
    Lilah: Hey, it was worth a shot. - Anyway, here is something to help pass the time in the unemployment line.
    Wesley: Dante's Divine Comedy.
    Lilah: Actually it's just part one, the inferno. It's not a first edition, more like the fifteen hundreds, but it's in the original Tuscan. Have you read it?
    Wesley: Several times.
    Lilah: Then you know it's a guided tour of the underworld, the nine levels of hell.
    Wesley: Yes. Descending, concentric rings based on severity of the sin.
    Lilah: You know, I always forget - the very bottom of hell, in the ninth circle, the devil is frozen in ice, right? He got three heads, three mouths and those mouths are reserved for the worst sinners. Now, I can't remember - who is in the center mouth? Wh-what was his name? The one person in all of human history deemed the greatest sinner? Who is it?
    Wesley: Judas Iscariot.
    Lilah: Right. The worst spot in hell is reserved for those who betray. So, don't pretend you're too good to work for us.

Angel: Did you find him?
    Gunn: No. Looks like we just missed him though. He's leaving a trail.
    Angel: What? Did he hurt somebody?
    Gunn: No, nothing like that. I mean gawkers. Folk's not used to seeing a kid in animal skins riding on top of a bus - not south of St. Monica Boulevard, anyway.
    Fred: Two more Robin Hood reports.
    Gunn: You hear that? He's still headed downtown.
    Angel: Where are you?
    Gunn: Ah, just east of Union.
    Angel: He won't head all the way into town.
    Gunn: You don't think?
    Angel: Too many people. He'll jump off, head for some place less populated.
    Gunn: Well, you want us to turn around, come and get you?
    Angel: No. Still a few more hours till sunset. Just keep following the trail. The minute it goes cold, let me know.
    Gunn: And if it doesn't go cold? I mean, if we find him first.
    Angel: He's my son. He's my son, and he's alive. He's gonna stay alive.
    Gunn: Right. Anything else we can do for you?
    Angel: Yeah. Make the sun go down.

Sunny: Brand new, never opened. They got to be worth half a gram, huh?
    Tyke: They suck.
    Sunny: They rock! Look! It's like every hit in the eighties! Plus - plus, this girl is hot.

Tyke: An entire suit made of Chamois. That's different. 'What are you wearing to the Oscars?' 'My Chamois suit.'

Cordelia: Isn't your neck stiff? You've been standing exactly like that all day.
    Groo: Pylean warriors are trained for such endurance. I once happened upon a herd of Bur-beasts and as you know, engorged Bur-beasts will couple with anything that moves. I was forced to stand perfectly still for eleven days and nights.
    Cordelia: So, you were never...
    Groo: No. That honor was yours, princess.
    Cordelia: I don't know. Angel does all that 'ninja statue, don't move a muscle or you're dead' stuff, too. Me, I wouldn't last ten minutes. Of course, heels? Not helping.
    Groo: Yes. I'm sure Angel has regaled you with his many exploits.
    Cordelia: Oh, he's tried alright. But I get so bored with all that 'days of yore' crap. Ah - I mean - they're nothing like your thrilling tales of adventure! Not that you need adventurous tales to impress me. I'm impressed by you just being you.
    Groo: But the way you constantly speak of Angel.
    Cordelia: Is because these last weeks have been so hard for him. He needs me. And you do, too.
    Groo: Princess, I should be watching for creatures from the other dimension.
    Cordelia: You're the only creature from another dimension I'm interested in.
    Goo: I was worried that your affection for the Groosalug had waned.

Gunn: Cops say it was a drug thing gone wrong. Some guy got killed. It wasn't our boy. They caught one of the badies. I.d.ed a local as the shooter.
    Fred: So, he was here but not part of...
    Gunn: Oh, he was part of it, lot of mayhem. Including the guy's ear sliced off as a trophy.
    Fred: Uh!
    Angel: He was raised in a hell dimension, okay?

Sunny: So, that was really cool today. So, where did you learn to fight all bad-ass like that?
    Connor: In Quor-toth.
    Sunny: Quor-toth? That's in Mexico, right? Oh. Sorry. Lots of folks squat here. Most are cool, but... If a fat guy, wearing furry slippers asks you to play 'teddy bear in the hole' just tell him to get lost. - So, ah - what did you do for kicks in Quor-toth?
    Connor: Kicks?
    Sunny: You know, like fun. Parties, movies, the mall? How do you spend your time?
    Connor: I hunt.
    Sunny: Big surprise. Home, sweet home.
    Connor: This is - this is home.
    Sunny: Tonight it is. - You're welcome to crash here, too. Hmm, I don't think it's your size. People squat here and they leave stuff. So, uhm, how do you feel about losing the whole - 'dead animal' thing? I mean, not that I'm against eating a cheeseburger. We have all food groups. Meat and chocolate. So, you really were going to kill Tyke.
    Connor: He was hurting you.
    Sunny: Well, it's good you didn't.
    Connor: Why?
    Sunny: Ahem, because it's wrong? I mean - I know Tyke's a bastard, but the cops are even worse. God, I love these. Have you ever had one? Well, then get on down here, cowboy. Isn't it the best?
    Connor: I know this. A tool for eating.
    Sunny: Ah, uhm, no. Uhm - that isn't for - food. It's for this. I get it from Tyke. - It's - medicine.
    Connor: You're sick?
    Sunny: No. It's - it's not that kind of medicine. - It helps me sometimes when I'm - sad.
    Connor: You're sad?
    Sunny: No. Hm-mm.

Fred: Connor is new to this world, alone, probably scared."
    Gunn: Yeah, he looked scared, kicking my ass.

Sunny: Hmm, food, cash, a place to crash. I've had worse days. How about you? So, what's your deal? Why did you come to LA?
    Connor: To find my father.
    Sunny: Really? Heh. I came here to get away from mine. - Parents should have to take like a test or something, before they can have kids. And if they're - drunks, or idiots, or evil - they should be sterilized.
    Connor: If they're evil they should be killed.
    Sunny: You don't say much but - I like what you say.

Angel: She didn't shoot any of this crap in you, did she?
    Connor: No.
    Angel: Okay. I'm sorry. I just... We'll take care of this, okay? Together.
    Connor: Too late. - Too late.
    Angel: Connor. - I'm sorry about... - Was she you're friend? Connor. Just talk to me. Well, you know, I figure you have to be feeling like you traded in one hell dimension for another right about now, but if you just let me... What are you doing? What is that?
    Connor: Give that back!
    Angel: Why? Who're you tracking? Right. I get it. You're going after they guy that gave her the junk.
    Connor: His medicine killed her.
    Angel: And you're going to do what about it?
    Connor: Punish.
    Angel: You mean, kill. Slow down. Listen to me!
    Connor: No!
    Angel: You will listen. I'm not gonna let you walk out that door and get into any more trouble. - Hear me?
    Connor: Fine.
    Angel: I'm sorry. You just don't understand how this world works.
    Connor: I understand. Sunny was nice. Now she's dead.
    Angel: Connor...
    Connor: Stop calling me that! My name is Steven.

Gunn: And then what?
    Cordelia: And then what nothing. Standing, talking, boom - knocked on our butts.
    Gunn: You think something else came out of there?
    Cordelia: Hello? Face down. Knocked out?

Angel: Steven. Okay. - Steven. - It's a good name. - Not Irish, but... - Look - I know we haven't gotten off to a great start here, but if we can just - take a minute. - That'd be good. - Please, just...Don't run away from me, alright? I lost you once already. - There's just - there's just so much I wanna know, so much I need to know. - Okay? You been okay? I mean - what was it like there? - Did you have any friends? - Okay, I mean, not friends. It's not like you were at summer camp. I mean, you were stuck in a - hell dimension. - Connor - I'm so sorry. I tried to get you back. I did. I tried to come after you. I would have done anything. I just... I just... I couldn't find a way in."
    Connor: I found a way out.
    Angel: Yeah. - You did. - You sure did. - I should've - I should've tried harder. I - I shouldn't 've quit. But you're back. And-and - and that's what's important, you know? You-you came back to me. I wanna know everything, son. I wanna know everything. Everything about you, you know, what your life's been like? You - must have a million questions.
    Connor: No.
    Angel: No?
    Connor: My father told me everything.
    Angel: Your father. - Holtz isn't your father. He's...
    Connor: You don't get to say that name! You don't even get to think it! I know - everything. He told me all about you. That you're a - a thing that kills and drinks blood. You're a vampire.
    Angel: What do you know about vampires?
    Connor: Decapitation, stake in the heart, daylight, fire - did I forget anything? - You have a second face. A face for killing. - Show it to me. I wanna see it. Come on, show me! Show me the face you used to kill my father's family. Show me! Come on! Show me!
    Angel: Looks like this, son.
    Connor: That's what you are.
    Angel: It's part of what I am. A part I hope you will be able to accept one day.
    Connor: You'd have to kill me first.
    Tyke: Well, that's a plan. But I've got a better one. Chamois man.
    Angel: No, no, no. Don't.
    Tyke: Where's Sunny?
    Angel: Would that be the dead girl in the bathroom?
    Tyke: Who are you?
    Angel: I'm his father.
    Connor: No, you're not.
    Angel: Let me handle this? Let's find a way to work this out. Talk through it. Which is a thing we do here. There's no need for violence.
    Tyke: I'm sorry. Did you say 'no need for violence?' You may wanna speak up, you may wanna speak up you see, I don't hear so good any more!
    Goon: Sunny's dead in the can. O.D.
    Tyke: You know, I begged her to get help. Oh, well. One down, one to go.
    Angel: We can make this right.
    Tyke: You can give me a new ear?
    Angel: Well - maybe you can wear a hat.
    Tyke: Maybe I can blow your head off.

Connor: Do you need to stop?
    Angel: I'm okay. Behind here. Maybe I do need a second.
    Connor: What you did...
    Angel: Are you hurt? You know, if you want, you can come back to the hotel. No pressure or anything.
    Connor: No, uh...
    Angel: But if you, you know, if you need a place to stay.
    Connor: I have to go.
    Angel: You're not alone. - You know that, right?
    Connor: Yeah. I know.

Story: 10
    Acting: 10
    Writing: 10
    Picture: 10
    Gripping: 10
    My Rank: 10
    Total: 10
  • Preparing for a scrap with "the Destroyer" from the slugs' dimension (see The Price), the gang instead have to deal with Angels son Connor, now a teenage wildchild after sixteen years in the hell dimension of Qu'ortoth.And someone else has come through wi

Some people think they have rather a troubled childhood, never having a place to settle down ,be loved, chill out,etc. Well, those folks have it easy cause here's Connor. How's this for size? Not yet through his second decade, hes already had assassination attempts,kidnapping, having to be sung to by Lorne, a horrific trip through a space &time rift and growing up in a hell dimension where you kill for sports and wear the bones of your enemies as a necklace. Now hes punching his way back for revenge.
    Amongst the first batch of episodes produced for 2002, "A New World" exhibits a more dynamic look and feel for the show with the first shots of the slo-mo "Matrix" effects in the battles.As usual, these new shots hit an uneasy balance in such a drama-led show as "Angel" - while some scenes are clearly generated, there are a number of small little classy effects where its hard to see the join. In the middle of this, my favourite shot of the episode is where Angel chases Connor out into the sunshine, nearly risking becoming an LA kebab in his quest for knowledge and answers.As usual with Joss' shows, a great mix of pathos, mood and music.
    However, the episode loses its way in the second half back at Sunnys squatter apartment. I do have a problem with someone as street smart as Sunny being prepared to talk about addiction in so simplistic a manner to Connor. The young man could lead a whole gang of warriors on the streets, but his life exsistence is none exsistant. You have to think that pushed to the extreme without Angel around to bring him back from the brink, Connor would turn his part of LA into a mini-hell dimension like Qu'ortoth with no morals,just chaos. His smart mouth in talking his way out of a situation - well,he only gets that later on once he and Angel make up and shake up during the Beasts rampage.
    In a LA mini-hell ruled by Connor, Wes would feel right at home. Wyndham-Prices' story arc in Season Three is simply fantastic and Alexis Denisof plays a wounded and guilty Wes with a touch of class. If he is already in the mouth of the Devil (see allusions), then he is right where Wolfram & Hart and the Senior Partners want him to be - in the "home office", his own personal hell on earth. Right when you think he can't sink any lower, along comes Lilah and theres only one choice after that - the door or the bedroom. Guess which one Wes goes for???
    Setting the stage for Season Four, "New World" does a good job in setting out the ground rules. We'll have to wait a bit longer to find out how Wes and Angel Inc. get back together, but Connors decision on his parental figure is far deeper and sooner.....