Angel

Benediction

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM May 13, 2002 on The WB

• What The Holtz Was He Thinking?

7.9
    Benediction-Angel and Connor successfully engage in some much-needed father-son bonding when they find themselves fighting side-by-side. Then foster-father Holtz stirs things up by suggesting Connor should leave him to live with Angel. Meanwhile, Lilah continues to work on recruiting Wesley for the bad guys; and Cordelia's closeness with Angel causes a rift in her relationship with Groosalugg.

Okay, this episode makes me officially hate Holtz as a villian and a character! It seems since the writers made him a villian of the season they were trying to make him have a point, but beside taking Connor to Quor-toh, his motives have been irritating. Also, I would like to go off on Justine, who is an ungrateful, annoying chick to the fullest degree. Angel saves her life not once but twice yet she still follows the man who used her and left her with no real concern, yet she goes to Holtz and still acts like he was her Savior. I have never seen the supposed father/dauthger relationship they have, because he has never taught her anything she doesn't already know. Okay before I go on I'll go to the good parts of the episode. David and Vincent continue to show an uncanny father/son dynamic, especially when they fight side by side in the night club and when they are play fighting in the alley. Lilah and Wesley have a great scene in the night club as she tests his new logic, but one thing I don't understand is how Wesley could have known that was Connor with Angel. He has had barely any contact with the group to know this, and Lilah didn't even know who he was even after she was there when Holtz jumped through the portal with the baby? But anyway, it's also interesting to see Groo realizing how close Cordy is to Angel, which begins his exit from the series. Also, the ending frustrated me beyond belief. Holtz says he loved Connor and killing himself will make his vengence worth it by making Connor love him. But Holtz comes off as ignorant old fool, he never loved Connor, Justine or anyone he worked with. He just used them to try and kill Angel. I mean Holtz has become just as bad as Angel was and his revenge becomes pointless in the end. It just stupid how gullible Justine is for going through with his plan and Connor seeing the 2 holes in his neck now makes him want to kill Angel, great! All and All, a good episode with developments that annoy me but great parts to balance it out.