Angel

Carpe Noctem

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Oct 15, 2001 on The WB

• Freaky Filler!

5.8
    Carpe Noctem-An old man casts a body-switching spell on Angel, and enjoys the many pleasures of being eternally young, handsome, and bloodthirsty in Los Angeles while a dying Angel tries to get his body back.

Another mediorce episode with ony a few interesting parts but a dry plot. It looked like David was having fun playing horny, pimp-esqe, jacka$$. But I wish I had fun watching him, but I really didn't. The whole body switching storyline is like the most common plot device used in fantasy show, yet the Angel writers couldn't make decent episode out of this one. While David put a lot into his new role while Rance Howard just bores while playing Angel and his constant escape seen are boring to watch. Fred was great as usual with her cute little crush for Angel, which is crushed by the stomachache inducing make-out session between Marcus/Angel. I don't care what kinky fetish you have for vampires Lilah, NEVER AGAIN! Poor Fred, her reaction and crying scene was so sad. There are some funny scenes like Marus mistaken Wesley for being gay and Fred hitting an unconsicous Marus with Angel screaming in Marcus' body:

Angel: "His out Fred, his out!"

Besides that, that's about it! All and All, a boring episode which is one of the usual lite filler Angel episodes that are made.