Angel

Darla

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 14, 2000 on The WB

• Through Darla and In Hell...

Darla-Angel is desperate to rescue Darla from the clutches of Wolfram & Hart and flashbacks reveal what a dangerous and powerful relationship they shared as history weirdly seems to be repeating itself. The trip down memory lane begins with Darla being sired by the Master and ends with the gang of Spike, Drusilla, Darla and Angel being torn apart when Angel is cursed with a soul.

The Darla arc continues to get better with this wonderful episode that's completely centered around the fallen sire of Angel. The flashbacks are at their finest, where we see how Darla was sired and by the Master no less, who makes an amazing return on Angel. I love how Angelus taunts and shows no respect to the Master and the Master delievers this line as Angelues leaves with Darla:

Master: "I'll give it a century...tops!"

Also there are some other great flashback scenes like Spike eating the gypsy family that cruse Angel and Darla testing Angel with wanting him to eat a baby. The present day scenes are also disturbing like with Darla being worn out and so depressed because of her soul she cuts herself violently. But what's also great is the Lindsey's growing attraction toward Darla and the way Darla flirts with him to play with his heart. But the ending is just a incredidle ending with Darla so desperate to get Angel to make her a vampire again and Angel so shocked by it as these lines are said:

Darla: "I made you who you are, you owe me!"
    Angel: "Owe you, you..damned me."

It's just such a powerful ending with David and Julie being so perfect in that scene with the flashback scene intertwined. All and All, a stunning episode that continues the Darla arc on a high note and one of the best episodes from Season 2.