Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Angel season 6

Jack_bauer24

[1]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 1

Does anyone agree with me that WB The network that aired Angel on made a terrible mistake axed it in 2004? I think it should got a series 6 and many more seasons because it was doing really well in the ratings!

I don't understand why WB Axed it for? I got all 5 seasons on dvd and i watch it everytime and it makes me sad that it was axed in 2004 and didn't get a sixth series which is a shame!

Angel was a brilliant spin-off from Buffy The Vampire Slayer, it was even darker then Buffy!

Edited on 01/24/2012 11:58pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Psy4potato

[2]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 10
    Def. agree. And someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the exec that axed the show quit a few months later? That always bugged me too. The show took a new turn in the 5th season, and I was sad to see Charisma leave the series (although 'You're Welcome' was an amazing episode). The cast they had was great, the plot was moving, and I loved Sarah Thompson as Eve (some differ on this I know) and I also love that they brought Harmony back! It's a shame the show got killed before it's prime, and that there has been no other spin off of either Angel or Buffy since then.

No1Slayerette

[3]May 16, 2012
    • level: 9

My source is Wikipedia, so I wouldn't read too much into it, but apparently Whedon asked the head of WB's entertainment for an early pick-up because they would generally leave it very late to do so, and he thought the ratings and critical reception garnered that. The executive turned around and cancelled the show, and yeah, I think he did leave quite soon after that, and other executives at the WB afterwards said it was a mistake. David Fury beleived that if they had waited until May like they usually had to that Angel would have been picked up for a sixth season.

Here's the link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_(TV_series) just scroll down to Cancellation.

Gilda

[4]May 23, 2012
    • level: 4

I remember seeing somewhere that the WB had plans on airing a remake of the 60's soap Dark Shadows, so a new show involving vampires and that it was really promisingbut the execs didnt like the idea of having two vampire basedshows on at the same timeso they chose the newer one. however that project got scrapped shortly after they already cancelled Angel.