Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Buffy/Angel viewing order?

shadowzoid222

[1]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 2

Im going through another buffy/angel cycle and i dont feel that watching buffy-angel-buffy-etc quite satisfies the best viewing order. For

For example, i heard that buffy episode 15 season 5 has to come before angel season 2 episode 11. Can anyone supply an ENTIRE list for watching the series. I know it will be hard and will take a long time, but is anyone up to the challenge? Here, ill start us off: (from chris everett of hometheaterforum.com)

Btvs-- The Freshman 401--This and AtS 101 take place at the same time, but this is the order Joss intended.
    AtS--City of 101
    AtS--Lonely Heart 102
    BtVS--Living Conditions 402
    BtVS--The Harsh Light of Day 403--This and AtS 103 are the first real cross-over
    AtS--In the Dark 103
    AtS--I fall to pieces 104
    BtVS--Fear,Itself 404-- Haloween
    BtVS--Beer Bad 405
    BtVS--Wild at Heart 406
    BtVS--The Initiative 407
    AtS--RM W/A VU 105
    AtS--Sense and Sensitivity 106
    AtS--The Bachelor Party 107--107,408 and 108 are the second crossover set
    BtVS--Pangs 408--Thanksgiving
    AtS--I will Remember you 108
    BtVS--Something Blue 409
    BtVS--Hush 410--410 and 411 take place back to back
    BtVS--Doomed 411
    AtS--Hero 109
    AtS--Parting Gifts 110
    AtS--Somnamulist 111
    BtVS -- A new Man 412
    AtS --Expecting 112
    AtS -- She 113
    BtVS The I in Team 413 -- 413 and 414 take place back to back
    BtVS Goodbye Iowa 414
    AtS --I've Got you under my Skin 114
    AtS -- The Prodigal 115
    BtVS --This year's Girl 415 415 and 416 are back to back
    BtVS -- Who are you 416
    BtVS -- Superstar 417
    AtS -- The Ring 116
    AtS -- Eternity 117
    BtVS -- Where the Wild Things Are 418
    BtVS -- New Moon Rising 419
    AtS -- Five by Five 118 118-422 are nearly back to back
    AtS -- Sanctuary 119
    BtVS -- The Yoko Factor 420
    BtVS -- Primeval 421
    BtVS -- Restless 422
    AtS -- War Zone 120
    AtS -- Blind Date 121
    AtS -- To Shanshu in LA 122

This is somewhat arbitrary, but keeps the story intact and minimzes DVD changing. There is one continuty error going this route:

Spoiler:
    When Cordy calls Willow for hacking advice, Cordy says that she (willow) was breaking into computer files too, which happend some days before using this episode order

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

grailwolf

[2]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 55

I disagree about the basic premise. When the episodes were aired through Angel Season 2 (A2) and Buffy Season 5 (B5) they were on the same network and were very deliberately shown in a particular order. By the way, B5x15 is the episode "I Was Made To Love You" so I think you meant to say B5x14 which is the episode "Crush".

**SPOILERS coming up, so if you haven't seen these eps then move along, nothing to see here**

The reason you were told to change the order for A2/B5 was probably related to Drusilla. However, your source was incorrect. Dru leaves L.A. after A2x11, arrives in Sunnydale in B5x14, and then leaves for parts unknown. The timing fits perfectly, and if you watch the episodes in another order you will actually see the story incorrectly.

So my vote for A1-A2/B4-B5 would be to watch one episode of Buffy, then one episode of Angel. Lather, rinse, repeat. This keeps everything synchronized nicely right up to Willow's appearance in A2.

If you're really too lazy to switch discs between episodes (I mean, how long does that really take?) then your order for B4/A1 seems pretty good (other than the continuity error you point out).

I'll have to think about my recommendations for B5/A4.

Charisma69

[3]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 18

Hey, whatever happened to our list from the 'thon? I mean you already did the legwork then so it should still be around somewhere. We had a great order going.

I do miss hanging out during the 'thon days. Of course now with "Riley" I'd never be able to stay home on Saturday nights. He's already giving me static about wanting to be at my house on the 20th so I don't miss the final installment of Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog.

uncle_mark

[4]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 12

The 'Thon schedule is still up at http://www.zrk.us/megathon_schedule.pdf. I've actually just started watching Angel straight through without intermixing Buffy to see if it enhances my appreciation of Angel.

shadowzoid222

[5]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 2
    Whas is this 'thon schedule? How it come to rise and is it accurate?

tjaman

[6]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 32
    In honor of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer's" 10th anniversary (March 10, 2007), a group of us got together on Yahoo!Messenger and watched the "Buffy" and "Angel" and "Firefly" episodes together, on average, about five episodes every weekend for the year running up to it. It was mostly fun. We called it "Do Buffy in a Year." And we did.

It is as accurate a schedule as is possible given the fact that "Rm w/A Vu" talks about Cordy finding peanut butter in Angel's bed that shouldn't have gotten there until "I Will Remember You," and then shouldn't have been in there at all anyway given that whole "do-over" thing.

I mean, if "Angel's" going to be that wobbly on its own, any attempt to fit Angel's picking up the amulet in A4x22 and showing up to hand it off to Buffy in B7x21 is just going to take magic. Also, it's hard to fit the Beast blocking out the Sun (even locally, which is mind-blowing) and Wesley breaking Faith out of prison into any kind of Sunnydale timeline.

So yeah, all things considered, the work that the editor of both the "Angel" and "Buffy" boards did in zippering the two serieseseses together for the 'Thon is pretty DAMN' good.

Edited on 07/02/2008 11:38pm
    Edited 3 total times.

___Mr_Nasty___

[7]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 24
    tjaman wrote:
    It is as accurate a schedule as is possible given the fact that "Rm w/A Vu" talks about Cordy finding peanut butter in Angel's bed that shouldn't have gotten there until "I Will Remember You," and then shouldn't have been in there at all anyway given that whole "do-over" thing.

What?

tjaman

[8]Jul 3, 2008
    Cordy found peanut butter in Angel's bed in A1x05.

Buffy and Angel were ... um ... playing with their food ... in A1x08.

hercule111

[9]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 3

Actually, It's Angel who finds peanut butter in the bed after Cordelia spent the night... Cordelia never finds peanut butter in Angel's bed....so it makes sense....

Thanks

hercule111

[10]Jul 3, 2008
    Cordelia used Angel's Bed when she drops in after leaving her first appartment....She has breafest in bed(we don't see her, only assume)drop some peanut butter in the bed and Angel finds it...It's after that that he ask Doyle to help her find a new place.

___Mr_Nasty___

[11]Jul 3, 2008
    Yeah, that's right [tj.

Looks like you just got owned by a large baby-man

tjaman

[12]Jul 3, 2008
    Funny ... I don't feel owned ...

From A1x05: "Rm w/a Vu":

Cordelia: "Angel, at some point in recent history you got peanut butter on the bed. And it's gross. I think you're going to have to change your sheets."

. .

I think both of you just got tly pwnd by my superior "Angel" quote mad memory skillz. Cheers.

Edited on 07/03/2008 12:20pm
    Edited 3 total times.

hercule111

[13]Jul 3, 2008
    Yes she says that.... but you have to get the sarcasm....when you look at her face when she says that, you know she knows that she drop some peanut butter on the bed and she's trying to get away with it...

tjaman

[14]Jul 3, 2008
    No.

hercule111

[15]Jul 3, 2008
    It's obvious she did it...It's not a mistake in the viewing order...I know it could be seen as related to the ''sex scene'' with food when Angel and Buffy eat in bed, but it's not...It's just Cordy being Cordy and annoying Angel while she's living there with him....

Cheers...

___Mr_Nasty___

[16]Jul 3, 2008
    She said it in an attempt to pre-emptively pin blame on Angel, tj. Sorry, dude but it's, like, waaay obvious.

LAWL

hercule111

[17]Jul 3, 2008
    It's funny that Angel only finds the peanut butter on his bed after Cordy had used it...After all, he slept in his bed everynight before that and no PB, but after Cordy spends 1 night and have breakfest, he finds PB....Funny

hercule111

[18]Jul 3, 2008
    Anyway, it's a funny moment in the show...I love the humour Cordy brings to it!!

tjaman

[19]Jul 3, 2008
    Even if you're not living in a fantasy world in which Angel has peanut butter in his home in the first place -- and in which the Furies would never bring peanut butter with them on a ... visit (see? I can imagine off-camera scenes, too), it doesn't explain why you first posted this:

hercule111 wrote:

Actually, It's Angel who finds peanut butter in the bed after Cordelia spent the night... Cordelia never finds peanut butter in Angel's bed....so it makes sense....

Thanks

Because that's patently a load.

Oh, and Mr.N? Jasmine's still an evil, lying sack.

Edited on 07/03/2008 12:38pm