Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Charisma Carpenter.

xoxJoJoRulesxox

[21]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 12
    I Thought She Just Wanted To Spend Time With Her Baby. But Think About It, If She Hadnt BeenPut In A Coma, Then We Wouldnt Of Had The Amazing Episode, 'You're Welcome'!
    Edited on 12/27/2007 6:30am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NJZ

[22]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 29
    JoshSutton wrote:
    insomniac360 wrote:
    I heard it was because that after 7 years of writing her character, Joss and the guys just didn't know what else to do with Cordelia's character.
    I read that in an interview too. And you guys saying she should be brought back, i really disagree tbh. Hear me out, yes it would've been great to have Queen C there for all of her funny lines but the episode You're Welcome wouldnt have been as great oif at all if she had. The final scene makes the episode. Its pretty damn sad too...

I completely agree. To bring Cordy back after "You're Welcome" just cheapens the entire episode. And it'd lose it's emotional resonance.

kooladey

[23]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 5

Once again, I think you're worng NJZ... I understand your opinion, in all fareness, but having Cordy back after YW would have been good i.e, helping Angel make better decisions. . . I know the last scene in YW made that episode what it was, but if Charisma did decide to stay on, along with Joss Whedons approval, then the rest of the season would have been pretty good becasue Queen C was back! (the show was good, except Fred dying )

kooladey

[24]Dec 28, 2007
    ** i meant to say season, not "show"

gwen13579

[25]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 8
    Angel was lost without Cordy. He admitted it to her himself. She was like his guide. She brought him closer to human. And she was his 'dearest friend'. It's obvious just by seeing how happy he is to see her in the last episode she's in that she's a real detriment to the show. It would be like Willow or Xander not being around for Buffy. The core group is very odd I think without Cordy. She was there since day one and it always felt strange not seeing her there. And yes, I still believe she remains one of Angel's great loves, their relationship just never was given a chance - fate always intervened. Without Cordy and then without Fred, you know that's when the show's coming to an end. They were the two most cared about people on the show and Angel/Wes/Gunn are really lost without them both.
    Edited on 12/28/2007 11:16am

NJZ

[26]Dec 28, 2007
    kooladey wrote:

Once again, I think you're worng NJZ... I understand your opinion, in all fareness, but having Cordy back after YW would have been good i.e, helping Angel make better decisions. . . I know the last scene in YW made that episode what it was, but if Charisma did decide to stay on, along with Joss Whedons approval, then the rest of the season would have been pretty good becasue Queen C was back! (the show was good, except Fred dying )

I get what you're saying, and it would've been good. I wouldn't have minded if Cordy had never been killed. What I do mind is if they bring her back after she has died. It just doesn't fit in with the themes of the show and a Season 6 return would be rather pointless coz she has no place in the show anymore.

-Joshua-

[27]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 4
    NJZ wrote:
    kooladey wrote:

I get what you're saying, and it would've been good. I wouldn't have minded if Cordy had never been killed. What I do mind is if they bring her back after she has died. It just doesn't fit in with the themes of the show and a Season 6 return would be rather pointless coz she has no place in the show anymore.

Unless she came back like Darla did for Conner.

Mel-Belle

[28]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 18
    SRH55 wrote:
    Throughout season 4, she was pregnant in real life. So they had to kill her off and then in season 5 when she came back for "You're Welcome", that was after her pregnancy which is why she looks so delicious in that episode.

Well if that's so then why didn't she come back to the show after You're Welcome??

JoshSutton

[29]Dec 29, 2007
    • level: 15
    Mel-Belle wrote:
    SRH55 wrote:
    Throughout season 4, she was pregnant in real life. So they had to kill her off and then in season 5 when she came back for "You're Welcome", that was after her pregnancy which is why she looks so delicious in that episode.
    Well if that's so then why didn't she come back to the show after You're Welcome??
    I think thats the whole thing whereJoss Whedon didnt know what to do with ehr character anymore, at least i think i read that in an inteview :\ But yeh she was pretty much done, she was practically Buffy Summers without the slayer strength, she went from a superficial rich popular girl to a hero, so there was nothing else to do with her. Hmm maybe cept the visions actually come to think of it... I may just take back my point.

kooladey

[30]Dec 29, 2007

[/QUOTE] I get what you're saying, and it would've been good. I wouldn't have minded if Cordy had never been killed. What I do mind is if they bring her back after she has died. It just doesn't fit in with the themes of the show and a Season 6 return would be rather pointless coz she has no place in the show anymore. [/QUOTE]

But if Cordelia did stay after the episode YW, Joss would probably have a written a story about her to fit her in for the rest of season five, and for season six!

I don't believe that the writer's ran out of idea's for her character... I'm not an experienced writer, but I could have written an entireseason about her!

NJZ

[31]Dec 30, 2007
    kooladey wrote:

I get what you're saying, and it would've been good. I wouldn't have minded if Cordy had never been killed. What I do mind is if they bring her back after she has died. It just doesn't fit in with the themes of the show and a Season 6 return would be rather pointless coz she has no place in the show anymore. [/QUOTE]

But if Cordelia did stay after the episode YW, Joss would probably have a written a story about her to fit her in for the rest of season five, and for season six!

I don't believe that the writer's ran out of idea's for her character... I'm not an experienced writer, but I could have written an entireseason about her!

[/QUOTE]

I guess you could write more but I dunno...I just feel like it wouldn't have worked. "You're Welcome" was a great episode for Cordy, her story came full circle. Joss may have felt it was better to leave it there rather than put her back into the cast and think up storylines just for the sake of keeping her in the show.

NJZ

[32]Dec 30, 2007
    -Joshua- wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    kooladey wrote:

Unless she came back like Darla did for Conner.

Ooh, I didn't think of that. Interesting point.

Mel-Belle

[33]Dec 31, 2007

Yea I was just thinking, YW was an awesome ep, but me and other fans on another forum thought, wouldn't it had been neat if, at the finale, imagine this.

Wes is dead and in the alley Gunn comes over weak from loss of blood, Spike and Angel both helping him down. llyria comes down and tells about Wes' death. The demons are coming and the team are looking beyond, when out of the shadows, a voice is heard. "Need a hand?" Cordy comes walking out ready to fight, and the team stands together, Angel's last words, "Let's go to work!"

I mean if that happened, they would of had allot to write about for a season 6. I mean where did Cordy come from what happened, things like that. They could of done allot more with her character I think .

Edited on 12/31/2007 1:45am

gwen13579

[34]Dec 31, 2007
    Good theory, it sounds kind of strange though, with her just ... appearing at the battle like that. Would've been interesting though I admit. I thought it would've been good if Cordy had been Angel's inspiration for him to keep fighting in the finale. Like he heard her voice or something. They do kind of hint at that in Power Play, when it's revealed Cordy's kiss gave him the visions of the Black Thorn members. I still don't think Cordy got enough recognition after her death, but let's face it, it was a rushed and contrived wrap-up. Most of the season was. After Fred died, the spark went. And what the hell was that Nina girl about? She's in like 3 episodes and suddenly she's in bed with Angel??
    Edited on 12/31/2007 10:46am

Kusonaga

[35]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 6
    Sorry, but Cordy appearing at the end like that would've been pretty... well, stupid, IMO. If she had magically appeared at the end all cheery Cordy like, it would've taken away the entire message of the last two episodes.

Mel-Belle

[36]Jan 3, 2008
    Kusonaga wrote:
    Sorry, but Cordy appearing at the end like that would've been pretty... well, stupid, IMO. If she had magically appeared at the end all cheery Cordy like, it would've taken away the entire message of the last two episodes.

I didn't say she was cheery, I'm not even imagineing her cheery when I'm thinking of it, I'm imagining her well kind of messed up as if she was captured by the Wolfram&hart hell dimension and just escaped ready to help Angel. Course that's just me.

And gwen, I so agree with you on that, what was with the whole Nina story line? I found it irritating.

sef123

[37]Jan 3, 2008
    I must be about the only person who could never stand the character of Cordelia, in either show. So I hope that Joss does not bring her back.

Kusonaga

[38]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 6
    Mel-Belle wrote:

I didn't say she was cheery, I'm not even imagineing her cheery when I'm thinking of it, I'm imagining her well kind of messed up as if she was captured by the Wolfram&hart hell dimension and just escaped ready to help Angel. Course that's just me.

Eh, even then, I don't really think it works. Cordelia just appearing at the end? From seemingly nowhere? That just takes away the poignancy of Angel, Spike, Gunn and Illyria staring death in the face in that rainy ally.

gwen13579

[39]Jan 4, 2008
    sef123 wrote:
    I must be about the only person who could never stand the character of Cordelia, in either show. So I hope that Joss does not bring her back.

No offence but I don't know how you could bear to watch either show if you really hated Cordelia that much. She was an integral character at some point in both shows.

NJZ

[40]Jan 4, 2008
    Kusonaga wrote:
    Mel-Belle wrote:

Eh, even then, I don't really think it works. Cordelia just appearing at the end? From seemingly nowhere? That just takes away the poignancy of Angel, Spike, Gunn and Illyria staring death in the face in that rainy ally.

I agree. Cordy just appearing doesn't seem right.