Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Charisma Carpenter.

tvtome_xena321

[41]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 27
    Kusonaga wrote:
    Mel-Belle wrote:

I didn't say she was cheery, I'm not even imagineing her cheery when I'm thinking of it, I'm imagining her well kind of messed up as if she was captured by the Wolfram&hart hell dimension and just escaped ready to help Angel. Course that's just me.

Eh, even then, I don't really think it works. Cordelia just appearing at the end? From seemingly nowhere? That just takes away the poignancy of Angel, Spike, Gunn and Illyria staring death in the face in that rainy ally.

Appearing out of nowhere is just strange, but I have no issues with Cordy staying in season 5. Say SMG did appear in the 100th, I reckon Cordy would of awaken from her coma in Power Play.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kooladey

[42]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 5
    Maybe she would have woken in Power Plaay, but that's unlikely. Joss didn't have anytime for her and she wasn't the first chosen to star in YW. SMG was.... so I think, if SMG did star in the 100th episode, whatever it would have been called, I think Joss would have just left her in her coma... which makes me sad

tjaman

[43]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 32
    I dunno. It seems like transferring that Vision was pretty significant. Bringing her back allowed them to reconnect with that video of Doyle and bring the whole story full circle.

lazloscloset

[44]Jan 7, 2008

kooladey wrote:
    Maybe she would have woken in Power Plaay, but that's unlikely. Joss didn't have anytime for her and she wasn't the first chosen to star in YW. SMG was.... so I think, if SMG did star in the 100th episode, whatever it would have been called, I think Joss would have just left her in her coma... which makes me sad

Yeah it sucks to know that CC was second choice for the 100th episode. That's why it will always of my opinion that JW is a prick Excuse me for the language.

Edited on 01/07/2008 3:56pm
    Edited 2 total times.

kooladey

[45]Jan 8, 2008
    lazloscloset wrote:

kooladey wrote:

Yeah it sucks to know that CC was second choice for the 100th episode. That's why it will always of my opinion that JW is a prick Excuse me for the language.

It is my favourite episode EVER! I just, IMO, think that JOss didn;t have any time for her which seems strange, because everyone else on this show, and on Buffy, he got on with! it just seems a bit bizarre that he didn't like Charisma..... but is still a great episode!

kooladey

[46]Jan 8, 2008

Is anybody else annoyed at Joss for not having time for Charisma Carpenter? Say your opinion right here! I won't report you for abusive comments......

gwen13579

[47]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 8
    Yeah, damn him for that. (Excuse my blasphemy but I do feel strongly about this)

So who was the 1st choice? Let me guess... SMG? Oh please. She was done with the BTVS-verse long before Buffy even ended. Why would she wanna go on Angel, even for one episode?

I am angry though. Charisma played an integral role on the show, and by not having her as 1st choice, it's like taking her and the character for granted, who's been there since day one of Buffy.

JoshSutton

[48]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 15

I dont think it was just Charisma he didnt get on with. I heard that SMG didnt get on with either Joss or she fell out with some producers, not sure why. But i dunno.

Did anyone else hear that?

Edited on 01/08/2008 2:57pm

PilotofSerenity

[49]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 13

The reason why SMG was unable to appear in the 100th episode of Angel was two-fold, first she was in Japan to film "The Grudge" and the her favorite aunt passed away, so she was in the grieving process, so she didn't feel she could do her best job. It wasn't because she didn't get along with Joss or the producers. She was willing to appear in the episode, but outside forces prevented her to do so.

In the case of Charisma Carpenter, Joss and Charisma did have a falling out for a short time, but they managed to mend their relationship by the time they worked together on Veronica Mars and appear together at the Buffy panel on the Bonus Disc in the Chosen Collection. Also, the reason why Joss may not have had time for Charisma during the filming of "You're Welcome" was that he was probably finishing up the script of "A Hole in the World" and for the feature film "Serenity", finishing up the preproduction parts of the film.

Edited on 01/08/2008 3:22pm

Mel-Belle

[50]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 18
    When did they have the falling out? was it when Season 4 of Angel came on? cause I could understand that.

NickSeng

[51]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 17
    Actually the reason he didn't have any time for her was because Joss was actually having a secret affair with Paris Hilton, who was set to return on the 100th episode as Doyle. Thankfully, that didn't work out coz they broke out shortly before filming the episode.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Rob-V

[52]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 2
    I'm sure i read in an interview that Joss planned season 5 with Cordelia included but Charisma didnt return his calls or something, so he changed his Cordy ideas and brought in another character....Harmony

lazloscloset

[53]Jan 10, 2008
    I don't think SMG should have even been an option for the 100th episode. She was on 2 episodes thru the first 4 seasons, while CC was on practically all of them. She should have been first choice, not second.

gwen13579

[54]Jan 10, 2008
    lazloscloset wrote:
    I don't think SMG should have even been an option for the 100th episode. She was on 2 episodes thru the first 4 seasons, while CC was on practically all of them. She should have been first choice, not second.

My thoughts exactly. SMG being first priority over CC who's been there the whole time is just wrong I think.

PilotofSerenity

[55]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 13
    I think both would have been great choices in that episode, albeit the episode had to have been rewritten if Buffy was the character rather than Cordy. In the end, the episode was great, and that is all that should matter.

gwen13579

[56]Jan 11, 2008
    It made the most sense for it to be Cordy rather than Buffy. Emotionally, Angel became closer to Cordy over the years. As S6 of Buffy proved, when he met up with Buffy after she was brought back, there was an emotional connection lacking, that she had with Spike. Therefore, Cordy being his literal and emotional guide and his strength in that episode was significant and fitted perfectly.

JoshSutton

[57]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 15

gwen13579 wrote:
    It made the most sense for it to be Cordy rather than Buffy. Emotionally, Angel became closer to Cordy over the years. As S6 of Buffy proved, when he met up with Buffy after she was brought back, there was an emotional connection lacking, that she had with Spike. Therefore, Cordy being his literal and emotional guide and his strength in that episode was significant and fitted perfectly.

To be fair, we didn't get to see Buffy and Angel's reunion in season 6. We didn't even hear much about it so i don't think its right to say there was a lacking in emotional connection. Cos we don't know what happened.

On another note i think it would have made sense for it to be Buffy who got him back on track to being a Hero. She was the first woman he ever loved, she knew him very well. And i think their connection was always and would always stay strong. Did you see that kiss in Chosen? I think she would've been great for the episode. Cordy could've been brought back later or sooner etc.

NJZ

[58]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 29
    PilotofSerenity wrote:
    The reason why SMG was unable to appear in the 100th episode of Angel was two-fold, first she was in Japan to film "The Grudge" and the her favorite aunt passed away, so she was in the grieving process, so she didn't feel she could do her best job. It wasn't because she didn't get along with Joss or the producers. She was willing to appear in the episode, but outside forces prevented her to do so.

I'm pretty sure SMG also said that she didn't want to do any Angel Season 5 episodes because she wanted Buffy's last appearance to be on BtVS rather than Angel coz otherwise "Chosen" would've been cheapened by it or something like that. Anyone else hear that?

NJZ

[59]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 29
    JoshSutton wrote:
    On another note i think it would have made sense for it to be Buffy who got him back on track to being a Hero. She was the first woman he ever loved, she knew him very well. And i think their connection was always and would always stay strong. Did you see that kiss in Chosen? I think she would've been great for the episode. Cordy could've been brought back later or sooner etc.

I think if SMG had been in the 100th episode, it wouldn't have been as good as it was. Season 5 was depressing as a whole and Buffy coming to LA to make Angel into a hero again wouldn't have worked with that theme. Cordy doing it made more sense because she did actually die by the end, but also taught Angel a lesson for the few moments she was there. With Buffy, it would've been a quick trip and she'd go back to Sunnydale at the end hence lacking the emotional resonance that was left at the end of "You're Welcome". Don't get me wrong, I'm a Bangel shipper over Cordy/Angel, but it just felt like Cordy was the right woman for the job, not Buffy.

gwen13579

[60]Jan 13, 2008
    ^ Considering you're more for B/A than C/A, that was very respectful of you to say that.

I agree. Angel NEEDED Cordy at that point more than anybody. It was significant that it was her who put him back on that path that he needed to be on. And I don't doubt his love for her either, which made even more of an impact.