Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Charisma Carpenter.

tvtome_xena321

[61]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 27
    I agree with Cordy in the 100th over Buffy, if Cordy had stayed on the show as regular in season 5, then I have no problems with Buffy in the 100th, but since Cordy was gone, she was needed in the 100th for the story. YW was the best episode for Cordy. I agree, she needed to put him back on track, sure he had some connection to Buffy, but she was out of his life and not there for 5 years, so yeah Cordy was the better choice. If Cordy had awaken from her coma in the season 4 final Home, I wonder what they would of done, would she have stayed on, or would they have her as never awakening up in the final. But I'd hate for her to not appear in season 5 at all. But I've gotta say pregnancy sure does ruin a character alot, look at prison break with Sarah.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SmashedEntropy

[62]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 2
    I actualy got to meet Charisma this past summer at a fan expo, and a fan had asked her this very question "What happen?" her reply was the writters had run out of storie ideas for Cordy. She said beacuse she and Angel were on the verge of getting together and then the whole connor/coma thing happened(she HATED that story line and made sure to tell us the boy who played connor did not cut his toe nails before the love seen and it grossed her out! LOL), they didn't know were her character would fit in. She said they could not bring her and Angel together cause well HELLO happy ending not in Jossverse! She also didn't know the 100th ep was her last ep until she signed on to do it! She said she cried and refused to do it, but then David Furry came to her with the script, they both cried and after reading it she though it was so beautiful and the perfect goodbye for Cordy that she had to do it. As she spoke you could tell she was still very bitter about being let go without any warning.

NJZ

[63]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 29
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    But I've gotta say pregnancy sure does ruin a character alot, look at prison break with Sarah.

That's very true. In all the shows I've seen where an actress has to go on maternity leave or if they have the pregnancy written in, the show tends to suffer. The shows I can think of from the top of my head are Angel, Charmed, Prison Break and Desperate Housewives; I'm sure there's probably many more

NJZ

[64]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 29
    gwen13579 wrote:
    ^ Considering you're more for B/A than C/A, that was very respectful of you to say that.

Well, thank-you. I've never really had a problem with the Cordy/Angel relationship to be honest. I didn't like at first how they were trying to turn Cordy into another Buffy, but in retrospect, I think the Cordy/Angel thing worked out well (except for the whole Connor thing which was just icky). I like Bangel, but lately (Season 8 of BtVS), I'm not liking Buffy very much so that might have something to do with it too.

gwen13579

[65]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 8

SmashedEntropy wrote:
    I actualy got to meet Charisma this past summer at a fan expo, and a fan had asked her this very question "What happen?" her reply was the writters had run out of storie ideas for Cordy. She said beacuse she and Angel were on the verge of getting together and then the whole connor/coma thing happened(she HATED that story line and made sure to tell us the boy who played connor did not cut his toe nails before the love seen and it grossed her out! LOL), they didn't know were her character would fit in. She said they could not bring her and Angel together cause well HELLO happy ending not in Jossverse! She also didn't know the 100th ep was her last ep until she signed on to do it! She said she cried and refused to do it, but then David Furry came to her with the script, they both cried and after reading it she though it was so beautiful and the perfect goodbye for Cordy that she had to do it. As she spoke you could tell she was still very bitter about being let go without any warning.

ew that's disgusting

thanks for sharing, i'm glad charisma felt that way about the whole thing. and yeah joss and happy endings don't go together. but cordy was always so central to the show and it just felt so... incredibly... odd and wrong her not being there. but yeah, i get what she's saying.

-Joshua-

[66]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 4
    Imagine what the actor for Conner thought after hearing that Charisma was grossed out by it lol.

SmashedEntropy

[67]Jan 18, 2008
    Oh I also forgot to mention that Charisma also mentioned that Cordy would not have had a place in season five because her character would not have worked at the law firm with the rest of them.( I so agree with this, could we really see our Cordy at Wolfram and heart?)

As for the non clipping of the toe nails, I hope that the actor heard or got wind of her comment so he knows for next time! I mean sure it's a staged love scene, but come one primp alittle... it's Charisma frigging Carpenter!!!!

gwen13579

[68]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 8
    I agree, Cordy was never W&H material. Then again, neither was Gunn. Or Lorne. Or Wes... Fred... Angel.

JoshSutton

[69]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 15

SmashedEntropy wrote:
    Oh I also forgot to mention that Charisma also mentioned that Cordy would not have had a place in season five because her character would not have worked at the law firm with the rest of them.( I so agree with this, could we really see our Cordy at Wolfram and heart?)

I could see her as Angel's receptionist cos she pretty much was in previous seasons. As far as her character goes, i dont think she'd have been yay W&H. It maybe would've been interesting for her to be seperate from the group for a while and see how she would've coped.

asutho

[70]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 17
    I know what really happened.
    I listening to an interview with Charisma Carpenter, and of course she was asked why she wasn't in season 5. What she said was that she went on maternity leave, had her baby, got into shape, and like a week before she was set to film she found out through the media, making it much worse that she wasn't "invited" back for the fifth season.

asutho

[71]Jan 19, 2008
    lazloscloset wrote:
    I don't think SMG should have even been an option for the 100th episode. She was on 2 episodes thru the first 4 seasons, while CC was on practically all of them. She should have been first choice, not second.

I read an interview saying that SMG was there first choice, however she couldn't do it because an aunt died/she didn't really want to do it anyway, so they figured, they would bring Charisma back and finish her story

-Joshua-

[72]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 4
    Wow, interesting.

AOT_Doctor

[73]Jan 21, 2008
    kooladey wrote:

After reading many reviews and discussing with fellow Tv.com members, I have to say I agree that writing Cordelia out of the show the way they did in Home (4x22) was the right thing to do. But Ithe episode is still not in my favourite's catagory.

I know I may be asking this for the millionth time, but does anyone know why Charisma Carpenter got fired. I know she got fired, but I don't know why.... and it's beginning to bug me!!!

Oh, visit my profile and read my reviews if you want to...

It doesn't matter why she left..im just glad she left. She was by far the most annoying character on Buffy and Angel. Her character development was unrealistic. God just god. Fred is a close second..what an annoying person

asutho

[74]Jan 21, 2008
    AOT, I'm pretty much disagreeing with everything you say today, Cordelia had one of the best character developments, as did Fred and Wesley

AOT_Doctor

[75]Jan 21, 2008

asutho wrote:
    AOT, I'm pretty much disagreeing with everything you say today, Cordelia had one of the best character developments, as did Fred and Wesley

oh come on are you serious..i didnt want to add wes in there because he was ok..annoying but ok. But you just named the 3 most annoying and worst unrealistic charecters in the buffy universe. I mean Wes went from this geeky no figthting skills having annoying thing..to this emo sadistic guy in a matter of what..a week from when he got hi throat slit..it's BS.

Fred went from this weird quite..totally in love chick..to this emo oh god i dont love you anymore gunn because you killed someone..who i was going to kill anyways..wtf

Cordelia goes from this fashion obsessed, Hollywood actress wanabe to this kickass im so serious about everything, wahh wahh Angel you're going to the darkside wahh wahh annoying chick.

Fred is redeemed by ilyria which is a very good charecter but fred..eh

AOT_Doctor

[76]Jan 21, 2008

omg i forgot about gunn..lol the gangster..Wes was a more believable gangster then gunn the guy who played gunn wasn't convincing to begin with..but gunn went from this i don't trust anyone but me guy to this..oh Fred you are so adorable..i watch soap operas why don't you love me Fred blah blah blah guy

although his new character development in the comic is what gunn is suppose to be. This hate filled vengeful Nubian God

asutho

[77]Jan 21, 2008
    did you ever consider just not watching Angel, because you seem to hate the whole show

tjaman

[78]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 32
    Maybe he liked Angel.

AOT_Doctor

[79]Jan 21, 2008

asutho wrote:
    did you ever consider just not watching Angel, because you seem to hate the whole show

EH, i hate people who use rational like that. I find some of the character's annoying...and unbelievable at times yes..but i am a die hard Angel / Buffy fan I am a fan of all things Joss Whedon. Angel and Buffy are written beautifully...why would i stop watching because of a few annoying lines from an annoying character every now and then.

I'm just saying that the show was much better without Cordelia...hell the show was much better without Fred. And even though Wes was emo at times..the chemistry between him and Ilyria was amazing

And as i said earlier..Gunn in the comics is what he should have been on the show..so yea

AOT_Doctor

[80]Jan 21, 2008

tjaman wrote:
    Maybe he liked Angel.

I do

and Spike, Lorne, Harmony, Lilah, Lindsey, Gwen, and Nina