Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Charisma Carpenter.

  • Avatar of grailwolf

    grailwolf

    [123]Jan 23, 2008
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 4,578

    Well... That was fun.

    Some of the comments in this thread got moderated, others were just deleted (without penalty) because they were not relevant after the others had been deleted. You can check your moderation history to determine whether you were penalized or not. Most posts were not.

    Now... let's get back to the conversation, shall we?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of asutho

    asutho

    [124]Jan 24, 2008
    • member since: 08/29/04
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,830
    PilotofSerenity wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    PilotofSerenity wrote:

    Actually, Xander and Cordelia never had sex. If they did, it would have been a filmed in the sense like Willow and Oz's first time and Buffy and Angel's. It wasn't. Xander's first time was with Faith. That's why Faith said in "Empty Places" to Amanda and Kennedy that she had him first, to shut Anya up.

    eh yes..i know all of this... mr technical

    if you want to get technical about it..they didn't film spike and Buffy having sex in the chosen..which it was heavily implied that they did.



    Actually, Joss said he left it open. He left the fans to draw their own conclusions. If some fans thought they had sex, they did, and if some though Spike and Buffy didn't have sex, they didn't. The first time I watched Chosen, I just thought Buffy and Spike had an intimate moment without having sex.

    I always felt they didn't because when Spike found Buffy after been kicked out they spent all night together without sex and that was important, to so they had real feelings for each other.

    As for Cordelia, she was 16-18 when she was in high school, she was very immature but towards the end of season 3 she was becoming a slightly more mature woman, she had the moment with Xander after him buying her the prom dress, she knew about the mayors plans, but rather than run like Anya, she stayed and helped the Scoobies with their plan (although she still had really stupid suggestions).

    She went to LA and began to help people, she started to get feelings for Doyle, and he died straight after, she got the visions and started to get more involved rather then just trying to get money. In the first season finale she was in the hospital because she was having like 1000 visions at once. She could FEEL everyones pain, she knew how everyone was suffering, so after this ordeal she really wanted to help people.

    In season 2 she got more involved but her visions became more painful, by season 3 they were so painful that she was taking medication, and the only way to live however keep her visions were to become half demon. She had a choice to be completely separated from her visions and to be a famous actress, but she chose to help people.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [125]Jan 24, 2008
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    AOT_Doctor wrote:

    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    I'm just saying that the show was much better without Cordelia...hell the show was much better without Fred.
    The only episodes without both Cordy and Fred are the last few of Season 5 when Fred becomes Illyria. Are you seriously saying that those last few episodes are much better than anything the previous seasons have to offer? BTW, I've read all the latest posts and your reasoning for your dislike of Cordelia is unconvincing. I get that you might find a character annoying for whatever reason but to say that her development was unrealistic and then not giving any good reasons for your view is rather irritating.

    eh to you.

    Yes the show was much better without Cordelia and Fred. Apparently you didn't read good enough. I gave very good reasons for why her characters's development wasn't realistic. I gave several reasons actually. Whats irritating is you not backing up anything you say. Tell me how her development was realistic Mrs. hypocrite. And i think it's a safe bet to say that people prefer Ilyria over Fred. OMG Gunn I love you...Oh wait Gunn I don't love you anymore because you killed a man i Was just going to kill anyway. And now i love Wes because he agreed with me. Complete and total suck.



    Your reasons for finding Cordy's development unrealistic pretty much consist of ad-libbing a character's feelings without any explanation (just as you've written for Fred above). Hence, it's unconvincing. I see you have explained some of your reasoning, but most of it just seems like you hate the character just for the sake of it. I don't need to tell you how her development was realistic coz Pilotofserenity pretty much has said everything anyway. And I see you haven't really responded to his/her huge post with any rebuttal which just goes to prove my point further. Oh, and being rude to the people on here (including myself) just because they don't agree with you just makes you come off as immature and child-like.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AOT_Doctor

    AOT_Doctor

    [126]Jan 29, 2008
    • member since: 12/14/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 135
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:

    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    I'm just saying that the show was much better without Cordelia...hell the show was much better without Fred.
    The only episodes without both Cordy and Fred are the last few of Season 5 when Fred becomes Illyria. Are you seriously saying that those last few episodes are much better than anything the previous seasons have to offer? BTW, I've read all the latest posts and your reasoning for your dislike of Cordelia is unconvincing. I get that you might find a character annoying for whatever reason but to say that her development was unrealistic and then not giving any good reasons for your view is rather irritating.

    eh to you.

    Yes the show was much better without Cordelia and Fred. Apparently you didn't read good enough. I gave very good reasons for why her characters's development wasn't realistic. I gave several reasons actually. Whats irritating is you not backing up anything you say. Tell me how her development was realistic Mrs. hypocrite. And i think it's a safe bet to say that people prefer Ilyria over Fred. OMG Gunn I love you...Oh wait Gunn I don't love you anymore because you killed a man i Was just going to kill anyway. And now i love Wes because he agreed with me. Complete and total suck.

    Your reasons for finding Cordy's development unrealistic pretty much consist of ad-libbing a character's feelings without any explanation (just as you've written for Fred above). Hence, it's unconvincing. I see you have explained some of your reasoning, but most of it just seems like you hate the character just for the sake of it. I don't need to tell you how her development was realistic coz Pilotofserenity pretty much has said everything anyway. And I see you haven't really responded to his/her huge post with any rebuttal which just goes to prove my point further. Oh, and being rude to the people on here (including myself) just because they don't agree with you just makes you come off as immature and child-like.

    Yea first off..someone asked how was her character annoying..and i pretty much gave my reasons how..by ad libbing as you say. I did reply to pilot my post were just deleted. And also you're the ones who resorted to name calling because i didn't agree with you. I mean i was talking about how i dint like Cordy and you people went on to say things about my typos and punctuation. I stayed on topic while you people made sarcastic remarks..which some of you apologized for. And yet you sit there and you call me childish? huh

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [127]Jan 30, 2008
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:

    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    I'm just saying that the show was much better without Cordelia...hell the show was much better without Fred.
    The only episodes without both Cordy and Fred are the last few of Season 5 when Fred becomes Illyria. Are you seriously saying that those last few episodes are much better than anything the previous seasons have to offer? BTW, I've read all the latest posts and your reasoning for your dislike of Cordelia is unconvincing. I get that you might find a character annoying for whatever reason but to say that her development was unrealistic and then not giving any good reasons for your view is rather irritating.

    eh to you.

    Yes the show was much better without Cordelia and Fred. Apparently you didn't read good enough. I gave very good reasons for why her characters's development wasn't realistic. I gave several reasons actually. Whats irritating is you not backing up anything you say. Tell me how her development was realistic Mrs. hypocrite. And i think it's a safe bet to say that people prefer Ilyria over Fred. OMG Gunn I love you...Oh wait Gunn I don't love you anymore because you killed a man i Was just going to kill anyway. And now i love Wes because he agreed with me. Complete and total suck.

    Your reasons for finding Cordy's development unrealistic pretty much consist of ad-libbing a character's feelings without any explanation (just as you've written for Fred above). Hence, it's unconvincing. I see you have explained some of your reasoning, but most of it just seems like you hate the character just for the sake of it. I don't need to tell you how her development was realistic coz Pilotofserenity pretty much has said everything anyway. And I see you haven't really responded to his/her huge post with any rebuttal which just goes to prove my point further. Oh, and being rude to the people on here (including myself) just because they don't agree with you just makes you come off as immature and child-like.

    Yea first off..someone asked how was her character annoying..and i pretty much gave my reasons how..by ad libbing as you say. I did reply to pilot my post were just deleted. And also you're the ones who resorted to name calling because i didn't agree with you. I mean i was talking about how i dint like Cordy and you people went on to say things about my typos and punctuation. I stayed on topic while you people made sarcastic remarks..which some of you apologized for. And yet you sit there and you call me childish? huh



    I'm not the one that's been calling you names. If the others around here have, that's not my fault. You responded to me with name calling and sarcastic remarks, not the other way round. Nor did I ever say anything bad about your punctuation or typos. If you want to respond to others with churlishness, that's fine by me, but don't tar us all with the same brush.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kooladey

    kooladey

    [128]Feb 3, 2008
    • member since: 08/14/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 111

    Hey guys... let's not fight. We're here to talk about the topic of Charisma Carpenter, and the role of Cordelia and her relationship with JOss and the rest of the Buffyverse Crew.....

    Has anyone got anything else to say about that topic?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JoshSutton

    JoshSutton

    [129]Feb 4, 2008
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,155
    Cordelia was hot. Yep! That's my input.
    Edited on 02/04/2008 5:38am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [130]Feb 4, 2008
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kooladey

    kooladey

    [131]Feb 4, 2008
    • member since: 08/14/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 111

    JoshSutton wrote:
    Cordelia was hot. Yep! That's my input.

    Very true...

    Has anyone else found out any info. about the relationship between Joss and Charisma...?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AOT_Doctor

    AOT_Doctor

    [132]Feb 5, 2008
    • member since: 12/14/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 135
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:

    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    I'm just saying that the show was much better without Cordelia...hell the show was much better without Fred.
    The only episodes without both Cordy and Fred are the last few of Season 5 when Fred becomes Illyria. Are you seriously saying that those last few episodes are much better than anything the previous seasons have to offer? BTW, I've read all the latest posts and your reasoning for your dislike of Cordelia is unconvincing. I get that you might find a character annoying for whatever reason but to say that her development was unrealistic and then not giving any good reasons for your view is rather irritating.

    eh to you.

    Yes the show was much better without Cordelia and Fred. Apparently you didn't read good enough. I gave very good reasons for why her characters's development wasn't realistic. I gave several reasons actually. Whats irritating is you not backing up anything you say. Tell me how her development was realistic Mrs. hypocrite. And i think it's a safe bet to say that people prefer Ilyria over Fred. OMG Gunn I love you...Oh wait Gunn I don't love you anymore because you killed a man i Was just going to kill anyway. And now i love Wes because he agreed with me. Complete and total suck.

    Your reasons for finding Cordy's development unrealistic pretty much consist of ad-libbing a character's feelings without any explanation (just as you've written for Fred above). Hence, it's unconvincing. I see you have explained some of your reasoning, but most of it just seems like you hate the character just for the sake of it. I don't need to tell you how her development was realistic coz Pilotofserenity pretty much has said everything anyway. And I see you haven't really responded to his/her huge post with any rebuttal which just goes to prove my point further. Oh, and being rude to the people on here (including myself) just because they don't agree with you just makes you come off as immature and child-like.

    Yea first off..someone asked how was her character annoying..and i pretty much gave my reasons how..by ad libbing as you say. I did reply to pilot my post were just deleted. And also you're the ones who resorted to name calling because i didn't agree with you. I mean i was talking about how i dint like Cordy and you people went on to say things about my typos and punctuation. I stayed on topic while you people made sarcastic remarks..which some of you apologized for. And yet you sit there and you call me childish? huh

    I'm not the one that's been calling you names. If the others around here have, that's not my fault. You responded to me with name calling and sarcastic remarks, not the other way round. Nor did I ever say anything bad about your punctuation or typos. If you want to respond to others with churlishness, that's fine by me, but don't tar us all with the same brush.

    Once again someone here takes the focus off the point off this thread entirely...and i'm sure i'll be blamed for it once again..but here goes. You told me i was rude to others and was being childish...but now your saying they were rude to me, but i shouldn't take it out on you? how about you comeback when you get your facts straight little lady. And as far as being rude to you..ha..i don even remember who you are..so..meh..and if i was rude to you..safe chance that you were rude to me first...now thats childish

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lazloscloset

    lazloscloset

    [133]Feb 5, 2008
    • member since: 01/10/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 201
    Arrive

    Raise Hell

    Leave

    Alright, Stone Cold.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JoshSutton

    JoshSutton

    [134]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,155
    So errr yeah, how about that Charisma Carpenter?
    Edited on 02/06/2008 7:24am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [135]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:

    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    I'm just saying that the show was much better without Cordelia...hell the show was much better without Fred.
    The only episodes without both Cordy and Fred are the last few of Season 5 when Fred becomes Illyria. Are you seriously saying that those last few episodes are much better than anything the previous seasons have to offer? BTW, I've read all the latest posts and your reasoning for your dislike of Cordelia is unconvincing. I get that you might find a character annoying for whatever reason but to say that her development was unrealistic and then not giving any good reasons for your view is rather irritating.

    eh to you.

    Yes the show was much better without Cordelia and Fred. Apparently you didn't read good enough. I gave very good reasons for why her characters's development wasn't realistic. I gave several reasons actually. Whats irritating is you not backing up anything you say. Tell me how her development was realistic Mrs. hypocrite. And i think it's a safe bet to say that people prefer Ilyria over Fred. OMG Gunn I love you...Oh wait Gunn I don't love you anymore because you killed a man i Was just going to kill anyway. And now i love Wes because he agreed with me. Complete and total suck.

    Your reasons for finding Cordy's development unrealistic pretty much consist of ad-libbing a character's feelings without any explanation (just as you've written for Fred above). Hence, it's unconvincing. I see you have explained some of your reasoning, but most of it just seems like you hate the character just for the sake of it. I don't need to tell you how her development was realistic coz Pilotofserenity pretty much has said everything anyway. And I see you haven't really responded to his/her huge post with any rebuttal which just goes to prove my point further. Oh, and being rude to the people on here (including myself) just because they don't agree with you just makes you come off as immature and child-like.

    Yea first off..someone asked how was her character annoying..and i pretty much gave my reasons how..by ad libbing as you say. I did reply to pilot my post were just deleted. And also you're the ones who resorted to name calling because i didn't agree with you. I mean i was talking about how i dint like Cordy and you people went on to say things about my typos and punctuation. I stayed on topic while you people made sarcastic remarks..which some of you apologized for. And yet you sit there and you call me childish? huh

    I'm not the one that's been calling you names. If the others around here have, that's not my fault. You responded to me with name calling and sarcastic remarks, not the other way round. Nor did I ever say anything bad about your punctuation or typos. If you want to respond to others with churlishness, that's fine by me, but don't tar us all with the same brush.

    Once again someone here takes the focus off the point off this thread entirely...and i'm sure i'll be blamed for it once again..but here goes. You told me i was rude to others and was being childish...but now your saying they were rude to me, but i shouldn't take it out on you? how about you comeback when you get your facts straight little lady. And as far as being rude to you..ha..i don even remember who you are..so..meh..and if i was rude to you..safe chance that you were rude to me first...now thats childish

    Um, why don't you just scroll up a little and read all the quotes to see who I am? I'm the only person you've responded to in this thread for the last few days so you 'forgetting' me means absolutely nothing to me. When I said you were being rude to others, I was referring to the posts early on in this thread. I'm sure quite a few people will agree with me that your remarks are snarky and sometimes even offensive. As for others being rude to you, I was pointing out something that you stated first. See above where you wrote "And also you're the ones who resorted to name calling because i didn't agree with you." I wasn't saying they were rude to you, I said if they were rude to you, it's not my fault. I'm not responsible for the actions of other users so yes, I don't expect to be blamed if you didn't like what someone else said to you.

    Anyway, like others have said, all this 'fighting' is pointless and I'm really not bothered with it anymore. I'd like to get back on to what was a very interesting topic.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NptuneSunnydle

    NptuneSunnydle

    [136]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 01/19/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 111
    JoshSutton wrote:
    So errr yeah, how about that Charisma Carpenter?


    Not going to be at Paleyfest, too busy? Or still bad blood? Discuss amongst yourselves!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AOT_Doctor

    AOT_Doctor

    [137]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 12/14/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 135

    lazloscloset wrote:
    Arrive Raise Hell Leave Alright, Stone Cold.

    alright indeed

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AOT_Doctor

    AOT_Doctor

    [138]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 12/14/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 135
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:

    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    I'm just saying that the show was much better without Cordelia...hell the show was much better without Fred.
    The only episodes without both Cordy and Fred are the last few of Season 5 when Fred becomes Illyria. Are you seriously saying that those last few episodes are much better than anything the previous seasons have to offer? BTW, I've read all the latest posts and your reasoning for your dislike of Cordelia is unconvincing. I get that you might find a character annoying for whatever reason but to say that her development was unrealistic and then not giving any good reasons for your view is rather irritating.

    eh to you.

    Yes the show was much better without Cordelia and Fred. Apparently you didn't read good enough. I gave very good reasons for why her characters's development wasn't realistic. I gave several reasons actually. Whats irritating is you not backing up anything you say. Tell me how her development was realistic Mrs. hypocrite. And i think it's a safe bet to say that people prefer Ilyria over Fred. OMG Gunn I love you...Oh wait Gunn I don't love you anymore because you killed a man i Was just going to kill anyway. And now i love Wes because he agreed with me. Complete and total suck.

    Your reasons for finding Cordy's development unrealistic pretty much consist of ad-libbing a character's feelings without any explanation (just as you've written for Fred above). Hence, it's unconvincing. I see you have explained some of your reasoning, but most of it just seems like you hate the character just for the sake of it. I don't need to tell you how her development was realistic coz Pilotofserenity pretty much has said everything anyway. And I see you haven't really responded to his/her huge post with any rebuttal which just goes to prove my point further. Oh, and being rude to the people on here (including myself) just because they don't agree with you just makes you come off as immature and child-like.

    Yea first off..someone asked how was her character annoying..and i pretty much gave my reasons how..by ad libbing as you say. I did reply to pilot my post were just deleted. And also you're the ones who resorted to name calling because i didn't agree with you. I mean i was talking about how i dint like Cordy and you people went on to say things about my typos and punctuation. I stayed on topic while you people made sarcastic remarks..which some of you apologized for. And yet you sit there and you call me childish? huh

    I'm not the one that's been calling you names. If the others around here have, that's not my fault. You responded to me with name calling and sarcastic remarks, not the other way round. Nor did I ever say anything bad about your punctuation or typos. If you want to respond to others with churlishness, that's fine by me, but don't tar us all with the same brush.

    Once again someone here takes the focus off the point off this thread entirely...and i'm sure i'll be blamed for it once again..but here goes. You told me i was rude to others and was being childish...but now your saying they were rude to me, but i shouldn't take it out on you? how about you comeback when you get your facts straight little lady. And as far as being rude to you..ha..i don even remember who you are..so..meh..and if i was rude to you..safe chance that you were rude to me first...now thats childish

    Um, why don't you just scroll up a little and read all the quotes to see who I am? I'm the only person you've responded to in this thread for the last few days so you 'forgetting' me means absolutely nothing to me. When I said you were being rude to others, I was referring to the posts early on in this thread. I'm sure quite a few people will agree with me that your remarks are snarky and sometimes even offensive. As for others being rude to you, I was pointing out something that you stated first. See above where you wrote "And also you're the ones who resorted to name calling because i didn't agree with you." I wasn't saying they were rude to you, I said if they were rude to you, it's not my fault. I'm not responsible for the actions of other users so yes, I don't expect to be blamed if you didn't like what someone else said to you.

    Anyway, like others have said, all this 'fighting' is pointless and I'm really not bothered with it anymore. I'd like to get back on to what was a very interesting topic.

    I would scroll up...but..yeah i wont. I find it funny how you keep saying how i was rude to people in this thread but not ever saying what i said to be rude. I'm the one who stays on topic here and you and your pals resort to the name calling and sarcasm and yet..im the one being childish i say i don't like cordy and i get hahahaha you spelled about abou you're retarded and people putting rude comments about me in their sig but...lol..im the childish one right?..Like everything you've posted in this thread for the past few days..i try to get back on topic..and you bring up a 2 week old argument. LOL hell in my last post i said that you keep taking this thread off topic and now you're going to sit here and lecture me about getting back on topic..when you're the one he keeps taking us off topic...ha

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JoshSutton

    JoshSutton

    [139]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,155
    NptuneSunnydle wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    So errr yeah, how about that Charisma Carpenter?
    Not going to be at Paleyfest, too busy? Or still bad blood? Discuss amongst yourselves!
    Seriously? That sucks. I hope theres a last minute thing where she decides to come afterall.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NptuneSunnydle

    NptuneSunnydle

    [140]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 01/19/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 111
    JoshSutton wrote:
    NptuneSunnydle wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    So errr yeah, how about that Charisma Carpenter?
    Not going to be at Paleyfest, too busy? Or still bad blood? Discuss amongst yourselves!
    Seriously? That sucks. I hope theres a last minute thing where she decides to come afterall.


    People are still signing on, SMG held out for a while before saying yes so there is still hope. I would love it if David was there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.