Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Charisma Carpenter.

  • Avatar of JoshSutton

    JoshSutton

    [141]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,155
    NptuneSunnydle wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    NptuneSunnydle wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    So errr yeah, how about that Charisma Carpenter?
    Not going to be at Paleyfest, too busy? Or still bad blood? Discuss amongst yourselves!
    Seriously? That sucks. I hope theres a last minute thing where she decides to come afterall.
    People are still signing on, SMG held out for a while before saying yes so there is still hope. I would love it if David was there.
    It would be good to see them all in the same place.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of whiterose27

    whiterose27

    [142]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 11/30/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 29
    I also heard that she left because she wanted to after having a baby. I did miss her character in season 5 but I think it would have done the show a great disservice to just have her magically come back and be okay. At the end of season 4, it was established that giving birth to Jasmine would drain her life force so bringing her back would have cheapened the show and the writing. Yes, I miss her and she was a great character but that was the way it had to be.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NptuneSunnydle

    NptuneSunnydle

    [143]Feb 8, 2008
    • member since: 01/19/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 111
    I always wondered what the false memories of season four was like. They knew Cordy gave birth to Jasmine, but did they all think it was immaculate conception? Maybe they just believed that she was impregnated when she decended from the higher plane.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [144]Feb 8, 2008
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:

    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    I'm just saying that the show was much better without Cordelia...hell the show was much better without Fred.
    The only episodes without both Cordy and Fred are the last few of Season 5 when Fred becomes Illyria. Are you seriously saying that those last few episodes are much better than anything the previous seasons have to offer? BTW, I've read all the latest posts and your reasoning for your dislike of Cordelia is unconvincing. I get that you might find a character annoying for whatever reason but to say that her development was unrealistic and then not giving any good reasons for your view is rather irritating.

    eh to you.

    Yes the show was much better without Cordelia and Fred. Apparently you didn't read good enough. I gave very good reasons for why her characters's development wasn't realistic. I gave several reasons actually. Whats irritating is you not backing up anything you say. Tell me how her development was realistic Mrs. hypocrite. And i think it's a safe bet to say that people prefer Ilyria over Fred. OMG Gunn I love you...Oh wait Gunn I don't love you anymore because you killed a man i Was just going to kill anyway. And now i love Wes because he agreed with me. Complete and total suck.

    Your reasons for finding Cordy's development unrealistic pretty much consist of ad-libbing a character's feelings without any explanation (just as you've written for Fred above). Hence, it's unconvincing. I see you have explained some of your reasoning, but most of it just seems like you hate the character just for the sake of it. I don't need to tell you how her development was realistic coz Pilotofserenity pretty much has said everything anyway. And I see you haven't really responded to his/her huge post with any rebuttal which just goes to prove my point further. Oh, and being rude to the people on here (including myself) just because they don't agree with you just makes you come off as immature and child-like.

    Yea first off..someone asked how was her character annoying..and i pretty much gave my reasons how..by ad libbing as you say. I did reply to pilot my post were just deleted. And also you're the ones who resorted to name calling because i didn't agree with you. I mean i was talking about how i dint like Cordy and you people went on to say things about my typos and punctuation. I stayed on topic while you people made sarcastic remarks..which some of you apologized for. And yet you sit there and you call me childish? huh

    I'm not the one that's been calling you names. If the others around here have, that's not my fault. You responded to me with name calling and sarcastic remarks, not the other way round. Nor did I ever say anything bad about your punctuation or typos. If you want to respond to others with churlishness, that's fine by me, but don't tar us all with the same brush.

    Once again someone here takes the focus off the point off this thread entirely...and i'm sure i'll be blamed for it once again..but here goes. You told me i was rude to others and was being childish...but now your saying they were rude to me, but i shouldn't take it out on you? how about you comeback when you get your facts straight little lady. And as far as being rude to you..ha..i don even remember who you are..so..meh..and if i was rude to you..safe chance that you were rude to me first...now thats childish

    Um, why don't you just scroll up a little and read all the quotes to see who I am? I'm the only person you've responded to in this thread for the last few days so you 'forgetting' me means absolutely nothing to me. When I said you were being rude to others, I was referring to the posts early on in this thread. I'm sure quite a few people will agree with me that your remarks are snarky and sometimes even offensive. As for others being rude to you, I was pointing out something that you stated first. See above where you wrote "And also you're the ones who resorted to name calling because i didn't agree with you." I wasn't saying they were rude to you, I said if they were rude to you, it's not my fault. I'm not responsible for the actions of other users so yes, I don't expect to be blamed if you didn't like what someone else said to you.

    Anyway, like others have said, all this 'fighting' is pointless and I'm really not bothered with it anymore. I'd like to get back on to what was a very interesting topic.

    I would scroll up...but..yeah i wont. I find it funny how you keep saying how i was rude to people in this thread but not ever saying what i said to be rude. I'm the one who stays on topic here and you and your pals resort to the name calling and sarcasm and yet..im the one being childish i say i don't like cordy and i get hahahaha you spelled about abou you're retarded and people putting rude comments about me in their sig but...lol..im the childish one right?..Like everything you've posted in this thread for the past few days..i try to get back on topic..and you bring up a 2 week old argument. LOL hell in my last post i said that you keep taking this thread off topic and now you're going to sit here and lecture me about getting back on topic..when you're the one he keeps taking us off topic...ha



    I won't bother going back and quoting every little thing you've said. You're not worth the time. And if you want to get back on topic so much, just don't reply and let it be.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [145]Feb 8, 2008
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    NptuneSunnydle wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    NptuneSunnydle wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    So errr yeah, how about that Charisma Carpenter?
    Not going to be at Paleyfest, too busy? Or still bad blood? Discuss amongst yourselves!
    Seriously? That sucks. I hope theres a last minute thing where she decides to come afterall.
    People are still signing on, SMG held out for a while before saying yes so there is still hope. I would love it if David was there.


    I think SMG only decided to go because her career seems practically non-existent at the moment. Would be good for her to do something for the Buffy fans after all this time. David turning up would be good as would Alyson Hannigan and ASH.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JoshSutton

    JoshSutton

    [146]Feb 8, 2008
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,155

    NJZ wrote:
    NptuneSunnydle wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    NptuneSunnydle wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    So errr yeah, how about that Charisma Carpenter?
    Not going to be at Paleyfest, too busy? Or still bad blood? Discuss amongst yourselves!
    Seriously? That sucks. I hope theres a last minute thing where she decides to come afterall.
    People are still signing on, SMG held out for a while before saying yes so there is still hope. I would love it if David was there.
    I think SMG only decided to go because her career seems practically non-existent at the moment. Would be good for her to do something for the Buffy fans after all this time. David turning up would be good as would Alyson Hannigan and ASH.

    I agree. Wish i could go. And d'ya know, it took me a while to figure out what ASH stood for cos i was actually reading it was Ash.. i was like whose Ash?!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kingerique

    kingerique

    [147]Feb 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/01/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 223
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:

    NJZ wrote:
    AOT_Doctor wrote:
    I'm just saying that the show was much better without Cordelia...hell the show was much better without Fred.
    The only episodes without both Cordy and Fred are the last few of Season 5 when Fred becomes Illyria. Are you seriously saying that those last few episodes are much better than anything the previous seasons have to offer? BTW, I've read all the latest posts and your reasoning for your dislike of Cordelia is unconvincing. I get that you might find a character annoying for whatever reason but to say that her development was unrealistic and then not giving any good reasons for your view is rather irritating.

    eh to you.

    Yes the show was much better without Cordelia and Fred. Apparently you didn't read good enough. I gave very good reasons for why her characters's development wasn't realistic. I gave several reasons actually. Whats irritating is you not backing up anything you say. Tell me how her development was realistic Mrs. hypocrite. And i think it's a safe bet to say that people prefer Ilyria over Fred. OMG Gunn I love you...Oh wait Gunn I don't love you anymore because you killed a man i Was just going to kill anyway. And now i love Wes because he agreed with me. Complete and total suck.

    Your reasons for finding Cordy's development unrealistic pretty much consist of ad-libbing a character's feelings without any explanation (just as you've written for Fred above). Hence, it's unconvincing. I see you have explained some of your reasoning, but most of it just seems like you hate the character just for the sake of it. I don't need to tell you how her development was realistic coz Pilotofserenity pretty much has said everything anyway. And I see you haven't really responded to his/her huge post with any rebuttal which just goes to prove my point further. Oh, and being rude to the people on here (including myself) just because they don't agree with you just makes you come off as immature and child-like.

    Yea first off..someone asked how was her character annoying..and i pretty much gave my reasons how..by ad libbing as you say. I did reply to pilot my post were just deleted. And also you're the ones who resorted to name calling because i didn't agree with you. I mean i was talking about how i dint like Cordy and you people went on to say things about my typos and punctuation. I stayed on topic while you people made sarcastic remarks..which some of you apologized for. And yet you sit there and you call me childish? huh

    I'm not the one that's been calling you names. If the others around here have, that's not my fault. You responded to me with name calling and sarcastic remarks, not the other way round. Nor did I ever say anything bad about your punctuation or typos. If you want to respond to others with churlishness, that's fine by me, but don't tar us all with the same brush.

    Once again someone here takes the focus off the point off this thread entirely...and i'm sure i'll be blamed for it once again..but here goes. You told me i was rude to others and was being childish...but now your saying they were rude to me, but i shouldn't take it out on you? how about you comeback when you get your facts straight little lady. And as far as being rude to you..ha..i don even remember who you are..so..meh..and if i was rude to you..safe chance that you were rude to me first...now thats childish

    Um, why don't you just scroll up a little and read all the quotes to see who I am? I'm the only person you've responded to in this thread for the last few days so you 'forgetting' me means absolutely nothing to me. When I said you were being rude to others, I was referring to the posts early on in this thread. I'm sure quite a few people will agree with me that your remarks are snarky and sometimes even offensive. As for others being rude to you, I was pointing out something that you stated first. See above where you wrote "And also you're the ones who resorted to name calling because i didn't agree with you." I wasn't saying they were rude to you, I said if they were rude to you, it's not my fault. I'm not responsible for the actions of other users so yes, I don't expect to be blamed if you didn't like what someone else said to you.

    Anyway, like others have said, all this 'fighting' is pointless and I'm really not bothered with it anymore. I'd like to get back on to what was a very interesting topic.

    I would scroll up...but..yeah i wont. I find it funny how you keep saying how i was rude to people in this thread but not ever saying what i said to be rude. I'm the one who stays on topic here and you and your pals resort to the name calling and sarcasm and yet..im the one being childish i say i don't like cordy and i get hahahaha you spelled about abou you're retarded and people putting rude comments about me in their sig but...lol..im the childish one right?..Like everything you've posted in this thread for the past few days..i try to get back on topic..and you bring up a 2 week old argument. LOL hell in my last post i said that you keep taking this thread off topic and now you're going to sit here and lecture me about getting back on topic..when you're the one he keeps taking us off topic...ha



    I won't bother going back and quoting every little thing you've said. You're not worth the time. And if you want to get back on topic so much, just don't reply and let it be.


    LOL
    you both post off topic to criticize the other for posting off topic?? and both continue the argument to criticize the other for continuing the argument?? and when NJZ said she wanted to get back on topic AFTER spending the previous 10 lines putting across her point it just reminded me so much of my sisters attempts to always get the last word in when we were growing up, so i knew if AOT replied NJZ would suddenly become bothered enough to go and reply off topic again!
    Sorry to interfere in a private argument but it just brought me back to when i was a kid. And maybe if i get the last word in you two can stop trying so hard to be the one to get the last word in yourselves and call it a drawer(whoops or even a draw!), or at least start to criticize me for interfering and stop fighting each other. Anyway back to Cordelia
    If she had been brought back in season 5, it could have been good to see the banter between Spike and Cordy, but after season 4 i am not sure it would have been the right thing to do to bring her back. Sometimes main characters have to be written out to keep the show fresh, and i think season 5 worked really well for the most part. And if she had come back we would not have had the genius of Youre Welcome. It would be great if everybody turned up to Paleyfest, but it is still a pretty impressive line up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [148]Feb 9, 2008
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    Dude, I don't care who gets the last word. All I was stating in the first place was that AOT didn't have to be rude. Then it just got blown out of proportion because he/she thought I was being rude to him/her. You misconstrued my actions, I wasn't criticising AOT for going off-topic. What I said was that I'd have liked to end the argument then and there, whether he/she agrees with me or not. That's all. And feel free to post back if you or AOT want the last word. I really won't reply back unless it's warranted.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [149]Feb 9, 2008
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    JoshSutton wrote:

    NJZ wrote:
    NptuneSunnydle wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    NptuneSunnydle wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    So errr yeah, how about that Charisma Carpenter?
    Not going to be at Paleyfest, too busy? Or still bad blood? Discuss amongst yourselves!
    Seriously? That sucks. I hope theres a last minute thing where she decides to come afterall.
    People are still signing on, SMG held out for a while before saying yes so there is still hope. I would love it if David was there.
    I think SMG only decided to go because her career seems practically non-existent at the moment. Would be good for her to do something for the Buffy fans after all this time. David turning up would be good as would Alyson Hannigan and ASH.

    I agree. Wish i could go. And d'ya know, it took me a while to figure out what ASH stood for cos i was actually reading it was Ash.. i was like whose Ash?!



    Haha. That's happened to me on occasion too. I wish I could go too. Hopefully someone will video portions of it and then post it up on youtube or something.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JoshSutton

    JoshSutton

    [150]Feb 9, 2008
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,155
    NJZ wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:

    NJZ wrote:
    NptuneSunnydle wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    NptuneSunnydle wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    So errr yeah, how about that Charisma Carpenter?
    Not going to be at Paleyfest, too busy? Or still bad blood? Discuss amongst yourselves!
    Seriously? That sucks. I hope theres a last minute thing where she decides to come afterall.
    People are still signing on, SMG held out for a while before saying yes so there is still hope. I would love it if David was there.
    I think SMG only decided to go because her career seems practically non-existent at the moment. Would be good for her to do something for the Buffy fans after all this time. David turning up would be good as would Alyson Hannigan and ASH.

    I agree. Wish i could go. And d'ya know, it took me a while to figure out what ASH stood for cos i was actually reading it was Ash.. i was like whose Ash?!

    Haha. That's happened to me on occasion too. I wish I could go too. Hopefully someone will video portions of it and then post it up on youtube or something.

    Yeeah im hoping for the same.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NptuneSunnydle

    NptuneSunnydle

    [151]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 01/19/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 111
    Forgive me for being a little off topic but I have to vent. Paleyfest tickets went on sale to the public sunday morning, and I was at my computer at 8:55 waiting for 9 so I could snatch my ticket up right away. THEY WERE ALREADY SOLD OUT! The Paley members were able to buy their tix on Friday. Since I didn't want to buy a year membership I totally missed out. I was planning on writing about it for a fandom paper I have to do for my popular culture class. Now I just have to write about the crazy draw Buffy still has on people.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [152]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    We Jossfans are a little psychotic ...

    Part of our charm, really.

    .
    Edited on 02/11/2008 9:28am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NptuneSunnydle

    NptuneSunnydle

    [153]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 01/19/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 111
    I went pretty psycho when I couldn't get my ticket let me tell you.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PilotofSerenity

    PilotofSerenity

    [154]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,182

    NptuneSunnydle wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    So errr yeah, how about that Charisma Carpenter?
    Not going to be at Paleyfest, too busy? Or still bad blood? Discuss amongst yourselves!

    It was just announced here that she will be at Paleyfest.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of XtremeG21

    XtremeG21

    [155]May 3, 2008
    • member since: 01/10/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 31

    I know I'm a little late here but I do think killing Cordy was a huge mistake...She was so the heart of this show and I never believe in the "We didn't have any more stories to tell" when it comes to a character. I don't know the story behind it and obviously Charisma is not bitter about it because she appeared at Paley with Joss and also in a Round Table Discussion with Joss in a DVD extra. So obviously, the problem wasn't between Joss and Charisma or if it was the hatchet is buried but I just don't understand why they killed her...She would have been so interesting working in Wolfman & Hart and dealing with Spike...From what i understand, Spike was one of the reasons Cordy left but to me, Spike was a Buffy person and to lose Cordy(a Buffy person sure, but she became an Angel person 100%) over him was cheap...Her ending episode was terrific and one of the only episodes I saw of season 5 but I was highly disappointed and Angel just wasn't the same for me without her, which is why I didn't watch much of season 5.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [156]May 4, 2008
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    Ben (from LOST) wanted her dead.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NickSeng

    NickSeng

    [157]May 4, 2008
    • member since: 02/17/04
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 3,633
    XtremeG21 wrote:

    I know I'm a little late here but I do think killing Cordy was a huge mistake...She was so the heart of this show and I never believe in the "We didn't have any more stories to tell" when it comes to a character. I don't know the story behind it and obviously Charisma is not bitter about it because she appeared at Paley with Joss and also in a Round Table Discussion with Joss in a DVD extra. So obviously, the problem wasn't between Joss and Charisma or if it was the hatchet is buried but I just don't understand why they killed her...She would have been so interesting working in Wolfman & Hart and dealing with Spike...From what i understand, Spike was one of the reasons Cordy left but to me, Spike was a Buffy person and to lose Cordy(a Buffy person sure, but she became an Angel person 100%) over him was cheap...Her ending episode was terrific and one of the only episodes I saw of season 5 but I was highly disappointed and Angel just wasn't the same for me without her, which is why I didn't watch much of season 5.

    Actually, the reason she was fired was because Charisma was a Bangel shipper, and she didn't want her character to get out of the way. So she decided to gracefully bow out, to pave way for those 2.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PilotofSerenity

    PilotofSerenity

    [158]May 4, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,182

    NickSeng wrote:
    Actually, the reason she was fired was because Charisma was a Bangel shipper, and she didn't want her character to get out of the way. So she decided to gracefully bow out, to pave way for those 2.

    So as a Bangel shipper, she wanted to get in Bangel's way. Odd way to show her preference.

    Anyways, my orginal plan was just to say:

    She is hot.

    That is all.

    Edited on 05/04/2008 8:29pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NickSeng

    NickSeng

    [159]May 4, 2008
    • member since: 02/17/04
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 3,633
    get *in* the way.

    It's Monday. It's very early. I have the typing skills of a Gnu.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JoshSutton

    JoshSutton

    [160]May 5, 2008
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,155

    NickSeng wrote:
    get *in* the way. It's Monday. It's very early. I have the typing skills of a Gnu.

    Is that 100% true? So she liked the Buffy and Angel story and because her character was getting in the way she decided to leave the show..?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.