Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Charisma was how old?

beowulf579

[1]Aug 4, 2011
    • level: 59

I don't know...it just kind of surprised me. She was 28 years old when she graduated from Sunnydale and 33 years old in her very last episode "You're Welcome". I know many actors play younger than they are but I would have thought she was at least 5 years younger.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jack756

[2]Aug 4, 2011
    • level: 14
    beowulf579 wrote:

I don't know...it just kind of surprised me. She was 28 years old when she graduated from Sunnydale and 33 years old in her very last episode "You're Welcome". I know many actors play younger than they are but I would have thought she was at least 5 years younger.

it dont surprise me b/c alot of acotrs/actress look very young so they can pull it off.

Edward_Nigma

[3]Aug 4, 2011
    • level: 54
    Well she was hot, so it worked.

tvtome_xena321

[4]Aug 9, 2011
    • level: 27
    Doesn't surprise me one bet, alot of actors on glee are as old as 29 and still in high school. So if they can pull it off, then it doesn't matter. But sometimes watching Angel, I forget Cordelia is suppose to be what early 20's, I sometimes felt Cordelia acted like someone in her late 20's, she was what 23 in Your Welcome.

SweetMissJaye

[5]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 21
    beowulf579 wrote:

I'm not really surprised by her age. Older actors and actresses can often do a lot of things that younger actors and actresses might not be comfortable doing. It's pretty easy to make them look young, also.

Loralee_jk

[6]Aug 15, 2011
    • level: 38

she was 28 when she was suppost to be 18?!?!?!?

mattgus

[7]Aug 30, 2011
    • level: 14
    i know i read that on buffy and prob all shows where there are lots of scenes with crowds of teens ie..hs campus,college,that everyone is 18y/o and older...i don't remember if it is an insurance or contract for extras thing or what. obviously there are lots of kids on tv...but angel and buffy were more adult. the contents of the episodes were not something 16y/o would have been doing,even if there was purposeful appeal to the teen crowd...at least for buffy. cordy never looked like a highschooler. even in the 1st yr of buffy...cordy alwaays had an adult appeal,that is sex apppeal. take it from a guy,she was very adult...

PenguinSuzie

[8]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 10
    Mercedes McNab was like 17 in Buffy S1 though wasn't she?

Cordelia did look much older than 23 in You're Welcome, but that was more of an experiance thing and everything they'd gone through. It's difficult to think that it'd only been a couple of years for the characters. It seems like longer.

Jon_MW_14

[9]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 39

Yes, Mercedes McNab was 17 in Buffy season 1. I still can't believe she was that young when she started on Buffy.

Edited on 01/02/2012 4:12pm