Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

episode that made you cry the most...

lexi_1793

[21]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 6

Angel

Your Welcome. I cant watch it without crying. I dont think I ever can. I can hardly read about it. (I hope
    Joss is kicking himself for it)

Buffy

The episode The Body would have to be the saddest. I didnt cry on that except for Anya's speech and when Dawn was told about it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvownsLEXIE

[22]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 21
    "Hero" makes me cry every time, but I sob for hours after I watch "Not Fade Away." Saddest episode ever.

mobbs456

[23]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 16

When Fred died - everytime i hear the line "please wesley why can't i stay?" still makes my heart jump out of my body and performs The Can-Can. Very emotional.

Oh and i cried with laughter at Smile Time - does that count?

oh and Sarah Michelle Gellar's plea of "I'll never forget" in I Will Remember You hurts as well.

but there were that many emotional episodes in Angel compared to Buffy.

kay199

[24]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 4

Home (just the last scene)

A hole in the world

Not Fade away

Msblakelewis

[25]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 21
    Youre Welcome= sooo sadd Cordelia was 1 of my fav characters in the buffyverse and was one of the few supporters of Angel and Cordelia as a couple they were so cute together and just hearing her last speech at the end was depressing how she was telling Angel how she wished she could be there when he got his redemption and her explaining to Angel that it was her offramp.

The scene where Fred dies and the scene where Wesley dies are really close seconds

Katara0017

[26]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    Season 1:
    I Will Remember You: Angel being human, Buffy and all that very sad
    Hero: Doyle's Sacrifice

Season 5:
    Not Fade Away: Wesley/Illyria

tv_lover066

[27]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 12
    wow, there are so many...hmmm...the one that made me cry the most is a toss up between Doyle's death and the whole Wesley/Illyria moments before Wesley's death! just the whole bit had so much emotion and There is Wesley jus loving Fred but it kinda looks as if Illyria has feelings for Wes...Just breaks my heart! My boy Wesley gone!!

clau019

[28]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 10

By far, Wesley's death in NFA. I honestly had never cried so much watching tv.

From Buffy I guess I'd have to say Willow and Xander's last scene from Grave.

cjhtwo

[29]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 6
    There were a lot of tears in the show! You're Welcome, and A Hole in The World are way up there, but when
    Wesley died in Not Fade Away - heck I'm crying right now!!! I'm currently watching the reruns on TNT on tape, so I just saw Not Fade Away yesterday and now I'm watching Parting Gifts and I teared up when Wesley came through the door. As sad as it was when Wesley held Fred when she died, it was absolutely unbearably sad - sobbing sad - when Illyria turned into Fred and held Wesley while he died. I'm having trouble seeing the keyboard right now. (I suppose it's not helping that right now Cordelia is talking about Doyle who just died.)

SVU_Obsessed

[30]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 22
    The very first ep of either Buffy or Angel that I cried in way 'The Gift'. I sobbed...like the girl that I am.

I also cried a little when Anya and Spike kicked off in 'Chosen'. 'Not Fade Away', 'You're Welcome', and 'Hero' were sad too. I basically bawled during Wes's death scene, especially when Illyria/Fred asked Wes 'Do you want me to lie to you now'.

I didn't cry during 'The Body', because it's mostly the music that makes me sad and since there was no music playing I couldn't feel all that emotional.

tjaman

[31]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 32
    SVU ... is that you? You're using punctuation, line breaks, the shift key and complete sentences. All kidding aside, well done! It's great to see your voice again after all this time, and so articulate. Happy posting!

SVU_Obsessed

[32]Sep 7, 2008
    Hey!!!! Course I'm back! And I've always used punctuation thank ya very much! So what ep made tears come to ur eyes??

sollunaestrella

[33]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 7

SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    I didn't cry during 'The Body', because it's mostly the music that makes me sad and since there was no music playing I couldn't feel all that emotional.

Really? I thought the lack of music was an absolutely brilliant way to make it all the more emotional. It captures a horrible sort of starkness and loneliness, the feeling that you're trapped in this reality you don't want to be in. It forces you to take in the events that are going on without any sort of lens coloring your reaction, which sometimes can be far more powerful than weeping violins.

That's not to downplay the importance of music at all - it's extremely, hugely important. (Besides, since I very well may be a musician myself in a few years, I should never say that it's not - someday I might be out of a job because of it. ) The Gift, for example, is amazingly scored and couldn't be any other way. But the importance of music means that the lack of music is also really important. For the huge emotional moment of Joyce's death, I think the lack of music captured the perfect mood.

Anyway, that was a bit of a tangent. I cry really easily at shows/movies/books, and Buffy made me cry buckets many different times (The Body included). Angel not so much, though - not sure why. A Hole in the World was very sad, but I didn't cry as much as I probably should have. I teared up a bit in You're Welcome, but Cordy's death didn't really affect me much; I don't think they handled it that well, at least in terms of the other character's reactions. It should have been a much bigger deal. Not Fade Away made me cry the most - not only Wes's death, which was heartbreaking, but the episode in general. I'm very, very late in discovering both Buffy and Angel - I actually watched them just this summer, first all of Buffy, then all of Angel - and so when I finished Angel I think it just hit me that there was no more to come. Except for the comics and everything, but that's different... and I haven't gotten around to picking them up yet.

tjaman

[34]Sep 7, 2008
    Sorry -- I may have been confoozing you with someone else on the LOST forum who has SVU prominent in their username. I haven't been there in months.

"NFA" still gets me, as does "Hole in the World." Also, I've got Kim Ritchie's "Place Called Home" on my Shuffle and it can still give me a lump in my throat.

SVU_Obsessed

[35]Sep 7, 2008
    tjaman wrote:
    Sorry -- I may have been confoozing you with someone else on the LOST forum who has SVU prominent in their username. I haven't been there in months.

"NFA" still gets me, as does "Hole in the World." Also, I've got Kim Ritchie's "Place Called Home" on my Shuffle and it can still give me a lump in my throat.

I thought so, because I'm a little bit obsessive compulsive in the whole grammar area and your message seemed a bit off. But anywayz, it confused me more because I havent been on the site in months and I was trying really hard to remember who the hell you were.

tjaman

[36]Sep 7, 2008
    I'm hard to recall.

SVU_Obsessed

[37]Sep 7, 2008
    sollunaestrella wrote:

SVU_Obsessed wrote:

Really? I thought the lack of music was an absolutely brilliant way to make it all the more emotional. It captures a horrible sort of starkness and loneliness, the feeling that you're trapped in this reality you don't want to be in. It forces you to take in the events that are going on without any sort of lens coloring your reaction, which sometimes can be far more powerful than weeping violins.

That's not to downplay the importance of music at all - it's extremely, hugely important. (Besides, since I very well may be a musician myself in a few years, I should never say that it's not - someday I might be out of a job because of it. ) The Gift, for example, is amazingly scored and couldn't be any other way. But the importance of music means that the lack of music is also really important. For the huge emotional moment of Joyce's death, I think the lack of music captured the perfect mood.

Anyway, that was a bit of a tangent. I cry really easily at shows/movies/books, and Buffy made me cry buckets many different times (The Body included). Angel not so much, though - not sure why. A Hole in the World was very sad, but I didn't cry as much as I probably should have. I teared up a bit in You're Welcome, but Cordy's death didn't really affect me much; I don't think they handled it that well, at least in terms of the other character's reactions. It should have been a much bigger deal. Not Fade Away made me cry the most - not only Wes's death, which was heartbreaking, but the episode in general. I'm very, very late in discovering both Buffy and Angel - I actually watched them just this summer, first all of Buffy, then all of Angel - and so when I finished Angel I think it just hit me that there was no more to come. Except for the comics and everything, but that's different... and I haven't gotten around to picking them up yet.

Well, the ep just didn't do anything for me emotionally. Sure I felt a little sadness when Dawn found out, but other than that...nada. If some sad music might have been playing then my faulty water pipe might have busted and I would be saying that it was the saddest ep I'd ever seen.

SVU_Obsessed

[38]Sep 7, 2008
    tjaman wrote:
    I'm hard to recall.

Nah, I know I've seen your name before and I think for certain we have chatted a bit, but I just couldn't place 'who' you were, like what I remembered about you. Sorry bout the confusion.

niceisgood

[39]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 2
    Your welcome, no doubt.

TwistedConverse

[40]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 23

The Gift. I cry every time I watch it and I very, very rarely cry. It's the only episode I cried in. Even though I know Buffy is going to be back in the next episode, it's still so heartbreaking. One of the many reasons that episode is my all time fave.

Didn't cry in these but was left absolutely depressed by them-

Lullaby. Darla dying. She's my favourite character and I was soooo sad she was gone. I'm still annoyed we got Connor for her. 99% of us would prefer more Darla and less Connor.

NFA. I don't love Wes as much as most do (I do still love him though) and I don't really care for the Wes/Fred relationship (in all honesty I kinda prefer Fred/Gunn. I'm sorry. Don't hurt me. And I much, much prefer Wesley/Lilah) but that scene is outstanding. It was so beatifully written and acted.

You're Welcome. As a fan of both Cordelia and Cordelia/Angel I was left broken. Broken I tell you! I am SO glad Cordy came back instead of Buffy. Even though I prefer Buffy slightly as a character. But not by much.

Chosen. That last scene between Buffy and Spike was just... incredible. I would have been seriously upset by Anya's death (behind Darla she's my all time favourite) but it was so quick and ignored that I wasn't.

More but these are my all time saddest moments.