Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

episode that made you cry the most...

tv_lover066

[41]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 12
    TwistedConverse wrote:

Lullaby. Darla dying. She's my favourite character and I was soooo sad she was gone. I'm still annoyed we got Connor for her. 99% of us would prefer more Darla and less Connor.

You sure aren't letting this go...i wonder of the obsession with Darla is healthy, just kidding

TwistedConverse wrote:

NFA. I don't love Wes as much as most do (I do still love him though) and I don't really care for the Wes/Fred relationship (in all honesty I kinda prefer Fred/Gunn. I'm sorry. Don't hurt me. And I much, much prefer Wesley/Lilah) but that scene is outstanding. It was so beatifully written and acted.

Whoa...Honestly?...Fred/Gunn...*jaw hits ground*....honestly?...*stares in disbelief*...honestly?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tv_lover066

[42]Oct 8, 2008

Well, I find that it isn't a matter of who is dying that causes me to display signs of weepiness, but watching the reactions of the other characters. Like when Buffy died, I sorta had a gentle tear or two during her speech but once i saw the reactions of the Scoobies and in particular the Spike tears, I just blubbed! Cordelia's death on the other hand wasn't a cryer because there was no real reaction from anyone...yes i know they felt sad but i feel we didnt really get to see enough emotion from the other characters...and in all honesty because Cordy had been absent in some S4 and 5 for so long it kind of already felt like she was gone.

But Wes/Fred/Illyria NFA...such a beautiful moment...well written and performed...still makes me cry to this day.

9bones3

[43]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 8
    It's a tie between Hole in the World, You're welcome, and Not fade away.

TwistedConverse

[44]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 23
    I know. I just Fred and Gunn were more suited than Fred and Wesley. It's odd as I actually much prefer Wes over Gunn.

SVU_Obsessed

[45]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 22
    Gunn got on my nerves when he and Wes were fighting over Fred. I don't know why Wes didn't bother me, but Gunn just got irritating.

tv_lover066

[46]Oct 10, 2008

SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    Gunn got on my nerves when he and Wes were fighting over Fred. I don't know why Wes didn't bother me, but Gunn just got irritating.

Maybe because Wes was just so smooth about the whole thing. Gunn was just annoying.

SVU_Obsessed

[47]Oct 10, 2008
    tv_lover066 wrote:

SVU_Obsessed wrote:

Maybe because Wes was just so smooth about the whole thing. Gunn was just annoying.

Exactly. Wes was just so cool about it and Gunn just got in everyone's face.

TwistedConverse

[48]Oct 11, 2008
    Whereas I was actually on Gunn's side . I think it was more to do with Wesley going on about his friends had abandoned him. I was sort of sitting there thinking "Yes, because you stole Angel's son and then proceeded to lose him to a maniac who then brought him to a hell dimension". I was just annoyed that he acted like the victim whereas I felt it was mainly his fault he lost his friends.

lexi_1793

[49]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 6
    Omg I loved Gunn/Fred there relationship was so cute. And the way Gunn was when he was around her made me love him. I love the episode when he sold away his soul. You can tell how much their love had grown in that epi. When Wesley was drooling over Fred he kinda creeped me out. I liked him better in season 1 and 2. And when he was with Virginia.

tv_lover066

[50]Oct 11, 2008

lexi_1793 wrote:
    Omg I loved Gunn/Fred there relationship was so cute. And the way Gunn was when he was around her made me love him. I love the episode when he sold away his soul. You can tell how much their love had grown in that epi. When Wesley was drooling over Fred he kinda creeped me out. I liked him better in season 1 and 2. And when he was with Virginia.

Gunn/Fred were a teensy weensy bit cute...only because of adorable fredykins! And come on, Wes did NOT drool. I would have noticed something like that, but Wes was really a stand up guy *no sarcasm* he let fred be with gunn because he was a nice guy...and lets face it, wes used to be a bit of a push over at that time...but by S4, enough was enough...he became a man! and went after his woman! It was always Fred and Wesley from the very beginning, such a perfect fit.

And that Virginnia was soooo annoying, and in no way better for wes.

SVU_Obsessed

[51]Oct 11, 2008
    tv_lover066 wrote:

lexi_1793 wrote:

Gunn/Fred were a teensy weensy bit cute...only because of adorable fredykins! And come on, Wes did NOT drool. I would have noticed something like that, but Wes was really a stand up guy *no sarcasm* he let fred be with gunn because he was a nice guy...and lets face it, wes used to be a bit of a push over at that time...but by S4, enough was enough...he became a man! and went after his woman! It was always Fred and Wesley from the very beginning, such a perfect fit.

And that Virginnia was soooo annoying, and in no way better for wes.

Completely agree!

TwistedConverse

[52]Oct 11, 2008
    Oh I so loved Virginia. I always wanted to see more of her.

Fred/Wesley just seemed like "They're both really smart. They must get together and have babies". I preferred the opposites attract thing Fred and Gunn had going on. That said, I'm glad Fred/Wesley got the moments in Season 5 when Fred is dying and when Wesley is dying, mainly because I don't think J.August Richard would be able to do emotional very well, whereas Alexis Denisof was outstanding.

SVU_Obsessed

[53]Oct 11, 2008
    I can't picture Gunn being super emotional either and plus Fred and Wes just seemed more connected than Fred and Gunn.

lexi_1793

[54]Oct 11, 2008

Drool was the wrong word. And I cant think of the right word. But basically what I'm trying to say is something didn't seem right with Wes (because his throat was slit.) I think i would have liked them together if he was still the guy throwing axes in walls.

But you guys are right, J. August Richard wouldn't be able to pull it off like Alexis.

Edited on 10/11/2008 9:12pm

OctoberGirl9

[55]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    The only ep that brought me to tears was Doyle's death. Fred was only in my fav character mode when she was with Gunn, as for Wes... After season 2 I just couldn't like him anymore. He treated Gunn badly and his obsessive oggling of Fred gave me the creeps. Wes IMO only redeemed himself when he died. Sorry!!!!! pwease Wes lovers don't eat me alive!

TwistedConverse

[56]Oct 12, 2008
    I think the huge majority of people here way prefer Wesley over Gunn, so you'll likely be eaten by the Wes lovers

I think I'm the only person to really not care when Doyle died. I just went "Oh" and then forgot about it him 2 episodes later. Plus, Wesley is so much better IMO.

SVU_Obsessed

[57]Oct 12, 2008
    OctoberGirl9 wrote:
    The only ep that brought me to tears was Doyle's death. Fred was only in my fav character mode when she was with Gunn, as for Wes... After season 2 I just couldn't like him anymore. He treated Gunn badly and his obsessive oggling of Fred gave me the creeps. Wes IMO only redeemed himself when he died. Sorry!!!!! pwease Wes lovers don't eat me alive!

Hope you taste good with salt! Wow, bad attempt at humor. Anyways, to be fair Gunn treated Wes badly too. And I teared up when Doyle died, especially when I saw the video thing afterwards that he made attempting to advertise for 'Angel Investigations'. I can't even watch that anymore without gettng sad, especially since the guy who played Doyle actually did die later on.

tv_lover066

[58]Oct 12, 2008

OctoberGirl9 wrote:

Guess i shouldnt have read this post whilst insanely hungry eh?

What madness is this? Wes treated Gunn badly? Gunn was a right *beep* to Wes. And when Gunn was with Fred in my eyes he became a sap, so uncool, and couldn't even fight for his woman properly. Gunn was just left in the shadow of Wes's manliness. And Wes did not oggle at fred obsessively...he did it way more before she was with Gunn.

Finally, yep Doyle was a cryer...how could they kill him off. He was an adorable, cheeky Irishman, but it was a great way to go, and it did give me my Wesley!!

lexi_1793

[59]Oct 12, 2008

TwistedConverse wrote:
    I think the huge majority of people here way prefer Wesley over Gunn, so you'll likely be eaten by the Wes lovers I think I'm the only person to really not care when Doyle died. I just went "Oh" and then forgot about it him 2 episodes later. Plus, Wesley is so much better IMO.

Wesley made me laugh hystarically! Doyle was funny, but Wes made the team feel like family.

TwistedConverse

[60]Oct 13, 2008
    To be honest, I felt Wes was being a bitca to Gunn. He kissed his girlfriend and continued ogling her. Gunn has every right to be annoyed at him.