Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

episode that made you cry the most...

clau019

[61]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 10

TwistedConverse wrote:
    I think it was more to do with Wesley going on about his friends had abandoned him. I was sort of sitting there thinking "Yes, because you stole Angel's son and then proceeded to lose him to a maniac who then brought him to a hell dimension". I was just annoyed that he acted like the victim whereas I felt it was mainly his fault he lost his friends.

Even though he meant well deep down, Wesley make a huge mistake, yes (the mistake being not telling them about the fake prophecy, not losing Connor because it's not like he planned for that to happen). But that doesn't justify the others' reaction. Who went to visit him at the hospital after Angel tried to kill him? Only Fred. To tell him to never go back to the hotel. Not even Cordy cared for him anymore, and she was his best friend there. After he found Angel in Deep Down did anyone say anything to him? A pat on the back maybe? Nope. He made a huge mistake. Angel tried to kill him for it. You'd think that'd be enough.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OctoberGirl9

[62]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    HAH! I knew I'd get attacked. Good thing it's all in good fun. **shys away from spotlight chuckling** No, really I love Wes, it's just I personally felt more connected to Gunn. I know from personal experiance what it's like to have a really good friend only to have the friendship torn almost apart by love and jealousy. I thought that Gunn grew as a person and we also got to see that softer side of him when he was with Fred. To me she brought out the worst in Wes. **hides quickly**

tv_lover066

[63]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 12

OctoberGirl9 wrote:
    HAH! I knew I'd get attacked. Good thing it's all in good fun. **shys away from spotlight chuckling** No, really I love Wes, it's just I personally felt more connected to Gunn. I know from personal experiance what it's like to have a really good friend only to have the friendship torn almost apart by love and jealousy. I thought that Gunn grew as a person and we also got to see that softer side of him when he was with Fred. To me she brought out the worst in Wes. **hides quickly**

Well, love can bring out the good as well as the bad in people. And it's not like being with Fred didnt bring out the worst in Gunn...i mean he killed a man for her. And though Fred may have brought out some bad side of Wesley she also brought out some good in him. I loved how happy she made him, especially after all the darkness of S3 and 4. So it really is a double edged principle, because love brings out the good and bad in all people.

SVU_Obsessed

[64]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 22
    I'm still feeling for the Wes/Fred vibe. I don't know why, but I keep thinking of that spin the bottle ep in season 4.

OctoberGirl9

[65]Oct 14, 2008
    tv lover I agree with you about love bringing out the best and worst inpeople. Still in my opinion it just didn't go well for either of them, actually there have been days I wish it had been done differently like Fred going home or just going for Wes. Instead of screwing with Gunn's head in the first place. We got to much love triangle stuff from BVS.

[66]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 29
    I will remember you, since I'm a huuge Bangel shipper! But also the season finaly of season 3 (the name slipped my mind), spin the bottle and the episode Fred died. I was crying for hours after the episode in all of these

gmvail23

[67]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 50
    In Angel the epi that made me cry the most was "Hero". But the sadest episode of the Whedonverse has to be "The Body" I cry like a baby everytime I watch that episode.

michelle429

[68]Dec 18, 2008
    There were several that made me cry:
    Hero - Doyle's last moments.
    I Will Remember You - When Buffy was saying "I won't forget..."
    Home - The whole Angel/Connor scene was sad.
    Your Welcome - The very end.
    Not Fade Away - Wesley's death.

But, by far the saddest episode:
    A Hole in the World - Fred dying in Wesley's arms.

Shaneburn

[69]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 3

I just polished off Buffy and Angel in the last 6 months or so. It's a tough call for me between The Body and Not Fade Away. I am like an earlier poster, I don't cry about bad things, I cry about other people being sad about bad things happening. The times that I can recall actually tearing up:

#1 - Buffy slowly falling apart in the opening of The Body.

#2 - Illyria after Wes' dies in Not Fade Away.

#3 - Dawn in The Body when she finds out.

#4 - Wes after Fred dies in Hole.

#5 - Cordy and Angel watching Doyles video at the end of Hero.

I think the problem was in some of the death scenes that they didn't give me a chance to mourn. Anya died so quick I was shocked and Xanders response was so glib. Cordy basically 'dies' at the end of Season 3 and takes a season or so to finally kick, and when she does its just Angel on screen and... just didn't do it for me. One that, now that I think about it was really passed over was Tara dying. I was really upset for Willow for about a minute... then she started going black haired crazy lady and it broke my feelings up enough that I was fine.

Friendsfan121

[70]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 6

I'm a huge Buffy and Angel fan, and I realize I'll probably get virtually attacked on here for saying that, but oh well.

Buffy:
    Becoming

Lover's Walk

The Body

The Gift

Angel:
    I will remember you- I get sad watching them be together because I know what will happen

You're Welcome- I always loved Cordy, and this episode made me cry so hard!

Not Fade Away- Do I even have to explain?

My friends think I'm devoid of human emotion because I don't cry during movies, but Buffy and Angel both have a way of getting to me!

Buffycharmgeek

[71]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 6

ok here are the episodes that made me cry when i first watched them the second time i just get teary but dont really cry. in order from each show.

buffy

hells bells (when anya makes that speach about love and then takes that awful walk down they ail solo is just heartbreaking)

the body (mainly becuase i loved joyce so much)

passion (jenny's death was so malicious and heartbreaking for giles i felt the pain)

angel

a hole in the world ( my favourite angel episode but also the most upsetting one)

there were many episode that were very touching and made me feel incredibly sad. however none made me cry except the above episodes and only the first time i watched them. some touching moments i would say are when willow is crying for help after getting dawn in a car accident. and in angel cordies death. however for some reason i didnt cry

Edited on 02/01/2009 4:52am
    Edited 3 total times.

Oathkeeperriku

[72]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    Not Fade away

Seeing Red (Tara's death)

Grave (the vey end)

Chosen (Anya and Spike's deaths0

SVU_Obsessed

[73]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 22
    Shaneburn wrote:
    I don't cry about bad things, I cry about other people being sad about bad things happening.

That's pretty much for the same for me. I didn't really notice it until recently that I'm always looking for the other character's reaction to another character's death. If they breakdown, then I have the urge to breakdown. Like when Dawn fell to the floor crying when she found out about her mom, I think that was the only part in 'The Body' that got me because I mentioned earlier that I really couldn't find myself getting sad at all throughout the entire episode.

I'm also the type of person who will tear up if there is a sad song playing during someone's death scene and since there wasn't any music in 'The Body' it just kind of ruined the effect on me. I just couldn't really feel...sad. It just felt kind of awkward without any music, that might've been what Joss was going for besides the whole detachment thing. And I've been attacked before for saying what I've said about 'The Body' and I'm really not trying to start anything and am really not up for rock throwing today. *Lazily trudges over to hide behind brick wall*

spikejessbing

[74]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 10
    for Angel it would be A Hole in the World

for Buffy it would be
    The Body

KingofIPirates

[75]Jun 27, 2009
    • level: 32
    ...None.

Fedtekansler

[76]Jun 27, 2009
    • level: 3
    Yeah all sad episodes, but you have forgotten about two weeks
    in the first season of Angel, I Will Remember You and Hero.

TwistedConverse

[77]Jun 27, 2009
    • level: 23
    Fedtekansler wrote:
    Yeah all sad episodes, but you have forgotten about two weeks
    in the first season of Angel, I Will Remember You and Hero.

I didn't find either of those particularly sad .

elainecleo

[78]Jul 8, 2009
    • level: 9
    In Buffy I cry any time Spike is hurt, but when Anya is trying to understand why Joyce is dead just gets to me every time.

In Angel has to be the Wes/Fred/Illyria parts and the beauty of watching these series over and over is I can start crying several eps before the sad parts. Can get the old eyes cleaned out but good and I have an African Gray parrot that gets into the crying with me. Nice not to have to cry alone.LOL

mariaksand

[80]Aug 30, 2009
    • level: 1
    In Buffy it was the last episode where Spike dies...

And in Angel - for sure, Hero. After Doyle's death I found the whole show copletely empty and boring, even producers admited to lose raitings. Also I was shocked to hear of that weird Glenn Quinn's death, me and my friends (other Doyle fans) even wrote an article about it (http://mariaksand.blog.ru/78574115.html), cause the whole story about him seemed really srtange and lots of the facts just had no actuall proof...