Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

episode that made you cry the most...

Lady_Lancaster

[81]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 41
    The Gift and Not Fade Away. No others upset me that much, but Xander and Willow on the clifftop was very sad because I felt so bad for poor Willow and so proud of Xander.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jon_MW_14

[82]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 39
    I didn't cry, but A Hole in the World was a very sad episode.

jamie3292

[83]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 11
    The Body The Gift A Whole In The World And You're Welcome

nellyg619

[84]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 17
    passion and i will remember you comes to mind straight away

NiallB31

[85]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 8

I Will Remember You (S1) The whole goodbye scene

Are You Now, or Have You Ever Been (S2) The las scene upstairs with Angel and the old woman.

Repise/Epiphany (S2) Kate dying.

Lullaby (S3) Darla dies.

Calvary (S4) Lilah dies.

Salvage (S4) Wes talking to Lilah and cutting her head off.

Home (S4) The final scene

You're Welcome (S5) Cordelia dies

A Hole in the World (S5) Fred dies

Shells (S5) The song at the end.

vmothfan

[86]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 9

A Hole in the World didn't necessarily make me cry, but it was definitely the saddest episode in the whole buffy/angel world. With Wesley and Fred in the bedroom was as heartbreaking as anything I have seen on tv. The fact that Illyria was a good character for the final few episodes made it almost acceptable. And now I just thought of when Wesley dies and she turns into Fred, sad moment #2 in buffy/angel world.

Gilda

[87]May 23, 2012
    • level: 4

The only episode out of both buffy and angel that i actually "cried" for was Your Welcome (A S05). And even when i rewatch it and know the outcome i still get teary eyed. idk it kind of sucked cuz her character changedand evolvedso much since the start of buffy and became one of my favorite characters, then as soon as she comes back after the whole Jasmine storyline shes dead (urg).
    the only other episode that i started getting teary eyed was the body when Anya asks whats going to happen to Joyce and eveyone else attacks her for asking the wrong questions and not fully understanding what was going on.
    idk i didnt really get upset for any of the other deaths on buffy. Darla the first time i didnt really care cuz her character was only around for like 6 episodes and she wasnt really around long enough to form an attachment to. Second time she died on Angel I was more like "aw man why". For Doyle I was morelike "darn he was cool", when Kendra died i was like "dru is awesome",anya's death sucked but it happened so fast and the scene quickly changed that it didnt really stand out in theepisode, for jenny and tara they wernt my favorite characters so it didnt really affect me that much. Joyce's death, although a powerful story line, was another one that didnt get me to cry
    i cant really think of any non-death related scenes that made me cry, and i aslo cant think of any so funny they made me cry moments either (although it prob happened and i cant remember)

nanobyte55

[88]Aug 27, 2014
    • level: 6

So, this is whole lame I am.

Everytime I get sad and I want to watch something that makes me laugh, I stare at my DVD collection and inevitably grab Angel Season 5 and watch "Smile Time"...

The problem with that is, the end of "Smile Time" gets the ball rolling for the action that occurs in the last ten episodes of the show. Each of these episodes leads into the next, so there is no stopping. So, I end up watching everything from "Smile Time" to the end of the series, all of which makes me bawl hysterically (a special mention to the line "I wish we had more time...").

And that my friends is the story of how I am really pathetic and how I unintentionally make myself really, really, really sad when trying to make myself happy.