Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Favorite Stand Alone Episode

  • Avatar of charmed452

    charmed452

    [41]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 06/26/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 593
    mine would have to be (all from season 5) damage, smile time and harm's way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of emerald999

    emerald999

    [42]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 1,294
    Along with "Smile Time" and "Waiting in the Wings," I really liked "The Girl in Question." I always enjoy flashback episodes and the Angel-Spike bickering. Loved the scene when Angelus finds Darla and says "concurrently? you never let us do that?!"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Angel-Angelus

    Angel-Angelus

    [43]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 05/28/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 84
    I personally liked Eternity because Angelus appeared for the first time on Angel (about time) and it was funny when Cordelia came with the cross and lattes. Smile Time because duh that was hilarious and I really enjoyed Why We Fight and Carpe Noctem (sp?) the one when Angel was stuck in the old dudes body and the old guy was beating up all the guys atthe bar and thinking Wesley was Fred. Priceless. (In my mind)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of emerald999

    emerald999

    [44]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 1,294
    Angel-Angelus wrote:
    I personally liked Eternity because Angelus appeared for the first time on Angel (about time) and it was funny when Cordelia came with the cross and lattes. Smile Time because duh that was hilarious and I really enjoyed Why We Fight and Carpe Noctem (sp?) the one when Angel was stuck in the old dudes body and the old guy was beating up all the guys atthe bar and thinking Wesley was Fred. Priceless. (In my mind)


    wow, you reminded me of some other great ones. "Eternity" is one of my favorites from S1 because of Angelus. "Carpe Noctem" is also great. OK, I cannot choose just one! Maybe one from each season...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [45]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    That wasn't Angelus.

    Angel loses his soul, it's gone.

    He doesn't just ... get better.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of emerald999

    emerald999

    [46]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 1,294
    tjaman wrote:
    That wasn't Angelus.

    Angel loses his soul, it's gone.

    He doesn't just ... get better.


    Good point, but how do you explain Angel getting so nasty then? It's not like him, even if he was trying to dissuade the actress from wanting to become a vamp. He was Angelus-c.lass nasty.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [47]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    Crappy. Writing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AuntArlene

    AuntArlene

    [48]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,992
    Angel got drunk and acted like a dick. He just can act like a bigger dick than most.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of emerald999

    emerald999

    [49]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 1,294
    AuntArlene wrote:
    Angel got drunk and acted like a dick. He just can act like a bigger dick than most.


    i'm just not gonna touch that well, i really want to
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AuntArlene

    AuntArlene

    [50]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,992
    I was just surprised it wasn't on the censor's list.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of emerald999

    emerald999

    [51]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 1,294
    me too, but it can be a person's name so maybe they decided to keep it in.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [52]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    If it were, we couldn't talk about either of Samantha Stevens's gay hubbies.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SleepTight

    SleepTight

    [53]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 7,535
    emerald999 wrote:
    tjaman wrote:
    That wasn't Angelus.

    Angel loses his soul, it's gone.

    He doesn't just ... get better.


    Good point, but how do you explain Angel getting so nasty then? It's not like him, even if he was trying to dissuade the actress from wanting to become a vamp. He was Angelus-c.lass nasty.


    Jeez, you people need to start paying attention

    Rebecca: Doximall.
    Wesley: Doximall?!
    Cordy: Doxi-what?
    Wesley: Powerful tranquilizer. It induces bliss.
    Cordy: Bliss? As in sheer contentment? Perfect happiness?!
    Wesley: It's synthetic, not true happiness.
    Rebecca: This is really good stuff.
    Wesley: He hasn't really turned. It's an illusion, not real.

    *Goes back to his corner*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of emerald999

    emerald999

    [54]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 1,294
    SleepTight wrote:
    emerald999 wrote:
    tjaman wrote:
    That wasn't Angelus.

    Angel loses his soul, it's gone.

    He doesn't just ... get better.


    Good point, but how do you explain Angel getting so nasty then? It's not like him, even if he was trying to dissuade the actress from wanting to become a vamp. He was Angelus-c.lass nasty.


    Jeez, you people need to start paying attention

    Rebecca: Doximall.
    Wesley: Doximall?!
    Cordy: Doxi-what?
    Wesley: Powerful tranquilizer. It induces bliss.
    Cordy: Bliss? As in sheer contentment? Perfect happiness?!
    Wesley: It's synthetic, not true happiness.
    Rebecca: This is really good stuff.
    Wesley: He hasn't really turned. It's an illusion, not real.

    *Goes back to his corner*


    we were paying attention, but as tj says it doesn't really make sense, because Angelus should only come out if Angel loses his soul, not just because he's very happy. He has to be perfectly happy to lose his soul, but unless he loses the soul, Angelus won't appear. I think that's the way it works.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SleepTight

    SleepTight

    [55]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 7,535
    emerald999 wrote:
    SleepTight wrote:
    emerald999 wrote:
    tjaman wrote:
    That wasn't Angelus.

    Angel loses his soul, it's gone.

    He doesn't just ... get better.


    Good point, but how do you explain Angel getting so nasty then? It's not like him, even if he was trying to dissuade the actress from wanting to become a vamp. He was Angelus-c.lass nasty.


    Jeez, you people need to start paying attention

    Rebecca: Doximall.
    Wesley: Doximall?!
    Cordy: Doxi-what?
    Wesley: Powerful tranquilizer. It induces bliss.
    Cordy: Bliss? As in sheer contentment? Perfect happiness?!
    Wesley: It's synthetic, not true happiness.
    Rebecca: This is really good stuff.
    Wesley: He hasn't really turned. It's an illusion, not real.

    *Goes back to his corner*


    we were paying attention, but as tj says it doesn't really make sense, because Angelus should only come out if Angel loses his soul, not just because he's very happy. He has to be perfectly happy to lose his soul, but unless he loses the soul, Angelus won't appear. I think that's the way it works.


    Like it said, it wasn't Angelus.

    Now sweetie, bend over.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [56]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    SleepTight wrote:
    emerald999 wrote:
    tjaman wrote:
    That wasn't Angelus.

    Angel loses his soul, it's gone.

    He doesn't just ... get better.


    Good point, but how do you explain Angel getting so nasty then? It's not like him, even if he was trying to dissuade the actress from wanting to become a vamp. He was Angelus-c.lass nasty.


    Jeez, you people need to start paying attention

    Rebecca: Doximall.
    Wesley: Doximall?!
    Cordy: Doxi-what?
    Wesley: Powerful tranquilizer. It induces bliss.
    Cordy: Bliss? As in sheer contentment? Perfect happiness?!
    Wesley: It's synthetic, not true happiness.
    Rebecca: This is really good stuff.
    Wesley: He hasn't really turned. It's an illusion, not real.

    *Goes back to his corner*


    Like I said: Crappy. Writing.

    Wes saying it's an illusion doesn't change the rules. Every other time Angelus has actually resurfaced (in accordance with the terms of the curse) someone's needed to do a ritual with an orb and a chant and a thing.

    The soul doesn't just ... come back on its own. Mystical energies are involved to put it in place and keep it in place.

    It doesn't do the hokey-pokey because it wants to. The resolve on "Eternity" was impossibly lame.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SleepTight

    SleepTight

    [57]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 7,535
    Meh, who cares. It still ruled.

    Head-on-a-stick
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of emerald999

    emerald999

    [58]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 1,294
    SleepTight wrote:
    Meh, who cares. It still ruled.

    Head-on-a-stick


    yeah, i loved it, but it was all a sham how dare they play with my emotions this way!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of petef20

    petef20

    [59]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 2,166
    Probably "In The Dark". Although it was kinda a two part episode, the first part being the coinciding Buffy episode it still worked as a stand alone ep cos it didn't really have a lasting impact on the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [60]Jun 21, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    "Angelus" making fun of Cordy's "acting" was really the only worthwhile part of the show. The actress was hot and Angel's entrance through the window was cool, but the storyline pissed me off and I don't apologize for pointing out all the plot holes you could drive trucks through.

    It's like it was included as a joke.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.