Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Favorite Stand Alone Episode

  • Avatar of SleepTight

    SleepTight

    [61]Jun 22, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 7,535
    tjaman wrote:
    "Angelus" making fun of Cordy's "acting" was really the only worthwhile part of the show. The actress was hot and Angel's entrance through the window was cool, but the storyline pissed me off and I don't apologize for pointing out all the plot holes you could drive trucks through.

    It's like it was included as a joke.


    Are you questioning Joss Whedon's taste?

    You don't seem to like a lot of his favorites do ya?
    - I Will Remember You
    - Eternity
    - Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been
    - Waiting In The Wins
    - Sleep Tight
    - Spin The Bottle
    - Apocalypse, Nowish
    - The Magic Bullet
    - Home

    Meh, I love the guy. I love his favorite episodes too, except for maybe 'Spin The Bottle', not enough suffering
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SleepTight

    SleepTight

    [62]Jun 22, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 7,535
    emerald999 wrote:
    SleepTight wrote:
    Meh, who cares. It still ruled.

    Head-on-a-stick


    yeah, i loved it, but it was all a sham how dare they play with my emotions this way!


    A Jam Sham?

    Thank NickSeng for that joke .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [63]Jun 22, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    I'm allowed to dislike "Eternity" if I dislike it. And I bet Joss's favorites change every day just like everyone else's. I can have different favorites and least favorites than you and him and everyone. It doesn't mean I don't think he's a gorram genius, and it doesn't change the fact that he is a gorram genius.

    I'm just wondering why you think we all have to, what, dress like him or something, or tattoo his name on our bum? Joss can have whatever favorites he likes, and I'll have mine, thank you. It's not a cult, you know.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SleepTight

    SleepTight

    [64]Jun 22, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 7,535
    It's not? Then where have I been?

    I wore those pink dresses for nothing?
    Edited on 06/22/2007 5:15am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [65]Jun 22, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    It was a bold fashion move ...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of emerald999

    emerald999

    [66]Jun 22, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 1,294
    oops, note to self: remove tattoo of joss's name off my bum
    Edited on 06/22/2007 3:37pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SleepTight

    SleepTight

    [67]Jun 22, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 7,535
    emerald999 wrote:
    oops, note to self: remove tattoo of joss's name off my bum


    Don't, it turns me on

    You only exist to pleasure me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of noahcrash

    noahcrash

    [68]Jun 22, 2007
    • member since: 08/10/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 8,462
    SleepTight wrote:
    emerald999 wrote:
    oops, note to self: remove tattoo of joss's name off my bum


    Don't, it turns me on

    You only exist to pleasure me.


    I want to pleasure you and Em and show you my own "stand alone" episode!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AuntArlene

    AuntArlene

    [69]Jun 22, 2007
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,992
    * locks everyone in the wine cellar *
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of emerald999

    emerald999

    [70]Jun 22, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 1,294
    AuntArlene wrote:
    * locks everyone in the wine cellar *


    well, at least we have something to drink while we're um, enjoying each other
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Angel-Angelus

    Angel-Angelus

    [71]Jun 23, 2007
    • member since: 05/28/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 84

    On the whole Angel and Angelus thing I found on wikipedia this:

    Also, in Season One's "Eternity", Angel reverts back to his evil self without even losing his soul, when he is drugged and enters a state of 'bliss' that allows Angelus to regain control. This suggests that in a subconscious state that Angel's true nature is allowed to appear, although it may have been that the drug-induced state of bliss 'tricked' Angel's body into thinking that the curse had been broken.

    The relationship between Angel and Angelus has been described and depicted in numerous ways. Both personas are shown battling for control inside Angel's mind in the episode "Orpheus".

    When the two confront each other in "Orpheus", they clearly appear to be different people, albeit evenly matched. Though Angelus does not accept that Angel is truly 'seperate' from him (believing that Angel is merely "denying what he is")

    This makes sense to me but I dunno what you guys think. But I really liked Eternity so...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [72]Jun 23, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    Yes, well, I just logged on to Wikipedia and now the sun goes around the earth.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SleepTight

    SleepTight

    [73]Jun 23, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 7,535
    tjaman wrote:
    Yes, well, I just logged on to Wikipedia and now the sun goes around the earth.


    Did it used to go through it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SleepTight

    SleepTight

    [74]Jun 23, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 7,535
    Angel-Angelus wrote:

    On the whole Angel and Angelus thing I found on wikipedia this:

    Also, in Season One's "Eternity", Angel reverts back to his evil self without even losing his soul, when he is drugged and enters a state of 'bliss' that allows Angelus to regain control. This suggests that in a subconscious state that Angel's true nature is allowed to appear, although it may have been that the drug-induced state of bliss 'tricked' Angel's body into thinking that the curse had been broken.

    The relationship between Angel and Angelus has been described and depicted in numerous ways. Both personas are shown battling for control inside Angel's mind in the episode "Orpheus".

    When the two confront each other in "Orpheus", they clearly appear to be different people, albeit evenly matched. Though Angelus does not accept that Angel is truly 'seperate' from him (believing that Angel is merely "denying what he is")

    This makes sense to me but I dunno what you guys think. But I really liked Eternity so...



    Fair enough, I've always considered them from being two different people. Even though Angelus is still LIAM only without a soul.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [75]Jun 23, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    SleepTight wrote:
    tjaman wrote:
    Yes, well, I just logged on to Wikipedia and now the sun goes around the earth.


    Did it used to go through it?


    Boy, you got panties on yo' head?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SleepTight

    SleepTight

    [76]Jun 23, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 7,535
    tjaman wrote:
    SleepTight wrote:
    tjaman wrote:
    Yes, well, I just logged on to Wikipedia and now the sun goes around the earth.


    Did it used to go through it?


    Boy, you got panties on yo' head?


    No, but I got condoms?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of emerald999

    emerald999

    [77]Jun 23, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 1,294
    tjaman wrote:
    SleepTight wrote:
    tjaman wrote:
    Yes, well, I just logged on to Wikipedia and now the sun goes around the earth.


    Did it used to go through it?


    Boy, you got panties on yo' head?


    sorry, those are my panties
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SleepTight

    SleepTight

    [78]Jun 23, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 7,535
    I thought I smelled something familiar
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of noahcrash

    noahcrash

    [79]Jun 24, 2007
    • member since: 08/10/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 8,462
    SleepTight wrote:
    I thought I smelled something familiar


    HEY! Give those back! They're my Em panties!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of laffertyluver

    laffertyluver

    [80]Nov 11, 2008
    • member since: 08/18/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 329
    I Will Remember You...I could watch that episode 100 times over!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.