Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

I miss it so much!

SMGslayer97

[21]May 13, 2008
    • level: 34
    I still miss it to, I get quite pissed that during the shows finale season when it had some great ratings and really original episodes it was cancelled anyway. I thought we deserved one more season, a proper final season like Buffy had to say goodbye and fashion a proper apocolypse.
    masterofaeons wrote:
    Chris Tucker as Gunn, David Hyde Pierce as Wesley, Sarah Silverman as Cordy. I'd recast Amy Acker, but I think Joss owns her or something at this point.

I loved Amy Acker as Fred and then as Illyria, I thought she was brilliant in both roles.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

masterofaeons

[22]May 13, 2008
    • level: 15
    I was just being silly. There's no one better suited for Fred than Amy.

PilotofSerenity

[23]May 13, 2008
    • level: 13
    I actually don't miss the show. I compare it with the relationship I had with that goth girl five years ago. I remember the good things, like the craziness in bed and stuff like that, but I tend to forget the bad times like she time she nearly knifed me. It's kind of like that Angel. I remember the good things, Faith, the good writing and wonderful characters, but I block out the time Joss knifed me in the stomach with "A Hole in the World", "Not Fade Away", "Home" and "She". So I don't miss.

SMGslayer97

[24]May 13, 2008
    • level: 34
    masterofaeons wrote:
    I was just being silly. There's no one better suited for Fred than Amy.

Glad to hear it.

Bufangel

[25]May 14, 2008
    • level: 13
    Oh Angel...*sighs*
    Yeah i know i'm dramatic, but i miss the buffyverse sooooo much, its not really the same with the comics. AtS was so awesome...

I80SKID

[26]May 14, 2008
    • level: 4

-Joshua- wrote:
    After getting the box set, I realize just how short this whole series was. I can finsh 1 season in no time. Its so **** good, but too damn short. I miss it a whole lot and wish it would come back.

I don't know that I'd say the series was short. Few shows (even smash hits) have survived for longer than 5 seasons & some of them shouldn't have. IMO, there are two problems. 1. Angel & Buffy are so great that when you start watching you can't stop until they're all gone then wonder 'I watched 'em all already?'. That's saying something for 12 seasons of material. 2. There's nothing to replace the void. I have plenty of shows that I watch but nothing I can't imagine my life without.