Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

LORNE's at the Washington Mall

Charisma69

[61]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 18

ascaffo wrote:
    Hello everyone. Auntie invited me over. Sounds like Charisma needs a nice trip to the Caribbean. I think Greta could use one too. Heck, we all should go.

Hello, nice to meet you. Yeah, I could definitely use a trip to the Caribbean. Especially if it involved Orlando Bloom. (Shh, don't tell "Riley" I said that guys)

They just upped our accumulation now to 5 to 9 inches. Was supposed to have stopped already with only 2 to 4 inches. If it was all snow it would be fine but this ice crap has got to go.

I got to watch my neighbor try to get his 4 wheel drive truck into his driveway earlier. I tried to get my sons friends to help but they said they asked him if they could borrow an air pump for a bicycle once and he asked them if they could wait till he finished dinner. So, they decided he could wait on them for help. Thankfully the neighbor knew nothing of this conversation.

My son is having difficulty trying to shovel the driveway right now since there's ice on top of the snow. Looks like getting out of the driveway is going to be problematic in the morning.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AuntArlene

[62]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 24

Yayyyyyyy for all the lurkers! Just make sure you keep coming back.

To get Blago out of office we'll need 3 oranges, a length of twine and a dozen strong men.

Sorry about the snow, Cordy. It's the first one that missed us this season. * smacks Cordy's supervisor around *

for Mark (and Kev. Sorry for the lateness, Kev )

Oh bless you, Greta. I thought I was the only one in the universe.

fatfreeoreos

[63]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 40
    Never happier to live in Texas than now when everyone else is getting frozen over.

ascaffo

[64]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 23
    Charisma69 wrote:

[Hello, nice to meet you. Yeah, I could definitely use a trip to the Caribbean. Especially if it involved Orlando Bloom. (Shh, don't tell "Riley" I said that guys)

They just upped our accumulation now to 5 to 9 inches. Was supposed to have stopped already with only 2 to 4 inches. If it was all snow it would be fine but this ice crap has got to go.

I got to watch my neighbor try to get his 4 wheel drive truck into his driveway earlier. I tried to get my sons friends to help but they said they asked him if they could borrow an air pump for a bicycle once and he asked them if they could wait till he finished dinner. So, they decided he could wait on them for help. Thankfully the neighbor knew nothing of this conversation.

My son is having difficulty trying to shovel the driveway right now since there's ice on top of the snow. Looks like getting out of the driveway is going to be problematic in the morning.

Oh, Orlando Bloom. Ok, you can have him. Now, I have to decide who I will take along. I can't believe it, I can't decide. Not good.

We have not had any snow to speak of this year.. We seem to be just at the tail end of each storm. One of my students told me that his father (a police officer) tells the superintendent of schools if he thinks the roads are safe or not, and gives his suggestion about closing the school. I told him to tell his dad that it would be ok with me if school were closed tomorrow

The ice is a problem.. I think that is what we will end up with.. We shall see. Do you have hot chocolate for your son?

AuntArlene

[65]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 24
    * stows away on the ship *

The_Phoenix89

[66]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 7
    I would kill to be somewhere cold right now. Its boiling here. Its like 40 degrees. Wanna swap Cordy?

Charisma69

[67]Jan 27, 2009
    ascaffo wrote:
    Charisma69 wrote:

[Hello, nice to meet you. Yeah, I could definitely use a trip to the Caribbean. Especially if it involved Orlando Bloom. (Shh, don't tell "Riley" I said that guys)

Oh, Orlando Bloom. Ok, you can have him. Now, I have to decide who I will take along. I can't believe it, I can't decide. Not good.

We have not had any snow to speak of this year.. We seem to be just at the tail end of each storm. One of my students told me that his father (a police officer) tells the superintendent of schools if he thinks the roads are safe or not, and gives his suggestion about closing the school. I told him to tell his dad that it would be ok with me if school were closed tomorrow

The ice is a problem.. I think that is what we will end up with.. We shall see. Do you have hot chocolate for your son?

Thanks for giving me Orlando Bloom. I'm sure I can find lots of uses for him.

I'm out of hot chocolate here, but I did give my son money so he could go get his own. He pretty much gave up on the driveway. The ice is too thick. His Grandpa is bringing the snow blower over tomorrow. That doesn't actually help me when I'm leaving for work since I leave so early but it will help me get back in the driveway when I get home. This assumes I'll actually make it out of the driveway.

Charisma69

[68]Jan 27, 2009

The_Phoenix89 wrote:
    I would kill to be somewhere cold right now. Its boiling here. Its like 40 degrees. Wanna swap Cordy?

Swapping would be great about now. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just snow. That I like. But it's 18 degrees Farhenheit and icy. That not so much.

Well goodnight everyone. Wish me luck getting to work in the morning. So far they haven't called me in to open again so I gues they're out of luck unless they catch me before I go to bed. I probably won't hear the phone if they wait 'till I'm asleep to call me in.

fatfreeoreos

[69]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 40
    Luck, luck, luck!

PilotofSerenity

[70]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 13

How about another song

Rock Star-Everclear

I don't want to be a loser
    No! I don't want to be an almost was
    I don't want to be a white trash
    Working ****chump
    I don't want to be a loser anymore

That's why I want to be a rock star
    I want to be the king
    I want to be on top, yeah
    I just want to be a rock star
    Yeah, now I just want to be famous
    I want to be the guy
    That everybody wants

I want to be on tv shows
    And wear designer clothes
    I want a girlfriend who does not drink beer
    I want to drive a fast car
    And sleep with certain movie stars
    I want to sing the songs
    That all those little people want to hear

I want to be like all those people up in first ****

I want to tell the little people
    They can kiss my ***

I just want to get ***

A different girl
    For every different day

Be like all those guys on the MTV
    I want to make those girls on the Real World
    Fantazise about me

I want to be the king

Everybody everywhere wants to be famous
    And everybody everywhere wishes they could tell
    Everybody everywhere to go to heck

I just want to get high
    I just want to party like a rock star
    Until the day I die!

Yeah, I just want to be a rock star...

Thank you.

Edited on 01/27/2009 10:07pm

Bufangel

[71]Jan 28, 2009
    PilotofSerenity wrote:

How about another song

Rock Star-Everclear

I don't want to be a loser
    No! I don't want to be an almost was
    I don't want to be a white trash
    Working ****chump
    I don't want to be a loser anymore

I want to be the king
    I want to be the guy
    That everybody wants

I want to be on tv shows
    And wear designer clothes
    I want a girlfriend who does not drink beer
    I want to drive a fast car
    And sleep with certain movie stars
    I want to sing the songs
    That all those little people want to hear

I want to be like all those people up in first ****

I want to tell the little people
    They can kiss my ***

I just want to get ***

A different girl
    For every different day

Be like all those guys on the MTV
    I want to make those girls on the Real World
    Fantazise about me

I want to be the king

Everybody everywhere wants to be famous
    And everybody everywhere wishes they could tell
    Everybody everywhere to go to heck

I just want to get high
    I just want to party like a rock star
    Until the day I die!

Yeah, I just want to be a rock star...

Thank you.

Just as i was reading this an Everclear song came on! That actually made my day!

Speaking of all this cold, over here we are suffering one of the longest heatwaves in a hundred years! Its horrible. I am all hot and sticky. It was up around 45 degrees celsius, someone please send me some snow!!!

The_Phoenix89

[72]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 7
    Hey you're from Australia too! Isn't this heatwave terrible?

tish4dw

[73]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 22

Thanx for the welcome Auntie.... I do enjoy a good lurk

Can I bring my own guest on this stowing away gig?? Im thinking that Jayne would be a good person to be cramped in a lifeboat with

AuntArlene wrote:
    * stows away on the ship *

tish4dw

[74]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 22

Woohooo Mark

**standing ovation**

If you are not getting any satisfaction u want your love tackle now??

MovieMark wrote:
    Thought I'd sing a song that's very close to home right now... Hit it, maestro! I can't get no satisfaction I can't get no satisfaction 'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try I can't get no, I can't get no When I'm drivin' in my car And a man comes on the radio He's telling me more and more About some useless information Supposed to fire my imagination I can't get no, oh no no no Hey hey hey, that's what I say I can't get no satisfaction I can't get no satisfaction 'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try I can't get no, I can't get no When I'm watchin' my TV And a man comes on to tell me How white my shirts can be But he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke The same cigarrettes as me I can't get no, oh no no no Hey hey hey, that's what I say I can't get no satisfaction I can't get no girlie action 'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try I can't get no, I can't get no When I'm ridin' round the world And I'm doin' this and I'm signing that And I'm tryin' to make some girl Who tells me baby better come back later next week 'Cause you see I'm on losing streak I can't get no, a no no no Hey hey hey, that's what I say I can't get no, I can't get no I can't get no satisfaction No satisfaction, no satisfaction, no satisfaction

Barbwirezz

[75]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 17
    The_Phoenix89 wrote:
    Hey you're from Australia too! Isn't this heatwave terrible?

*is really wishing for a heatwave*

Its been below 10* here for the past 20 days. We just got hit with a huge snow/ice storm leaving everyone trapped inside their homes. No school is a plus, but I cant go anywhere

tjaman

[76]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 32
    That's really depressing. Have a drink of something blue and fun!

masterofaeons

[77]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 15
    There's kool aid in TJ's thermos.

Charisma69

[78]Jan 28, 2009

Well, the good news is I made it out of my driveway this morning. I did slide a bit trying to get out but it didn't take me long to get situated. The bad news is I literaly buried my car at the end of the road. It was buried up to the headlights. *mumbles* Stupid snowplows making big piles of snow on secondary roads while they clear the main ones.

I had to walk back to my house since my son wouldn't answer his cell phone at 6 a.m. It took forever to get him out of bed so he could come help me. Then I had to walk back to my car carrying a snow shovel and freezing my @ss off. I don't usually wear gloves so I had no idea where they were.

I called work to let them know my car was buried in the snow. Tammy tells me she'll come pick me up later. I'm like, unless you bring people to help push the car out it won't do you any good. MY CAR IS BURIED AT THE END OF THE ROAD! What party of that don't you get? I can't just leave it there. It's in the middle of the road.

Before I got my son I was trying to get it out myself. Some guy drove by in a huge 4-wheel-drive pickup. He stopped basically to do nothing. He pushed on the front of the car -so I could try backing up since the car was less buried in the back- for about 5 seconds then declared it was hopeless. I wasn't getting out. Then he left.

At least he stopped though. Another guy in a truck just kept going. Whatever happened to helping people?

It took my son and I about 30 minutes to get my car unburied and on the main road. After that I was good to go. The main roads weren't what I'd call clear, but the snow wasn't that deep so they were driveable as long as I stayed on the snow routes.

All the snow routes are clear now thanks to the sun, but my road still hasn't been plowed. My neighbor is trying to dig his truck out of his driveway right now. Doesn't sound like he's having much luck.

Don't you just love the snow?

PilotofSerenity

[79]Jan 28, 2009
    Charisma69 wrote:

Don't you just love the snow?

Yes. I always love snow. It's fun to play in. If I need to drive in the snow, I only have to get out of my driveway and I'm set. I live off of a main road, so it's usually clear by the time I get up. Also, there is a neighbor who will plow all the driveways when it snows.

tjaman

[80]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 32
    New point of view: You spent the morning playing in the snow. Cheers!