The WB (ended 2004)

LORNE's at the Washington Mall

lazyjay

[801]May 18, 2011
    • level: 30
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    Can 800 be a milestone?
    Only because I love you, baby.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fatfreeoreos

[802]May 18, 2011
    • level: 40
    lazyjay wrote:
    fatfreeoreos wrote:
    Can 800 be a milestone?
    Only because I love you, baby.
    Aw, you're a sweetheart.

grailwolf

[803]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 55
    Well, it has been several months since anyone has posted here. As far as I can tell, the folks who used to frequent this virtual bar have departed for locations where the grass is greener. Therefore it seems silly to keep this and the thread that explains our in-jokes pinned at the top of the page. I'll be unpinning both of them today, but if any of the old crew should return, please feel free to create a new "Lorne's" thread.

Quite sad. The end of an era, really. This thread has been running, in one form or another, since May 19th, 2004 -- the night that Angel ended. It was, originally, a "Farewell Angel" party, and it just sort of... kept going. Friendships began in this place that are still going strong (one of the original posters was actually in my wedding party) and this forum has produced some of the funniest, warmest, and most insightful things I have ever read. Don't get me wrong, Lorne's still exists in other forms in other places. But this is the place where it all began. First as TV Tome, then through the transition to TV.com. And now, whether permanently or just for a while, this particular manifestation of the place is closing for business.

So pay up, ladies and gents. It's well past last call. It's been wonderful having you here this past 7 1/2 years, but as the saying goes: you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

*nods to Z-Rolf and the rest of the zombie staff*

*walks slowly to the door as the jukebox plays Kim Ritchie's "A Place Called Home"*

*stands in the doorway for a moment, taking a last, fond look*

*reluctantly turns off the lights and locks the door behind him*

Lorne's/Caritas
    5/19/04 - 1/13/12