Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

My god what a bad ending

lequericacalvo

[41]Dec 11, 2005
    • level: 32
    kitten41 wrote:
    I'm italian and just got to watch the end of the series.

Granted i couldnt wait to watch every single episode and i jumped to the end (we dont get angel here so i had to buy dvds or download it)..

It's horrible, i mean.. i dont even have words for it..

"i kinda wanna kill the dragon" the last words we hear?

I mean..

I'm shocked :-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

They did their best making an end because remember, the series was cancelled.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WaywardUsername

[42]Dec 12, 2005
    • level: 11
    People just don't understand. Not every story has to finish with a happy ending. This made Angel one of the realest science fiction shows out there. Throughout the whole series and esp. in s5 they made it clear that Wolfram and Hart was a machine that couldn't be stopped. This thing had the key to "stopping" the First Evil. So how could 1 demon, a wounded human and 2 half-breeds stop something as powerful as them...they can't. It wasn't about them winning the fight, it was about them not giving up the fight. I'm very pleased with the way it ended; them going out in a blaze of glory.

Kennymacdougall

[43]Dec 16, 2005
    • level: 22
    Yeah, though it really leaves you with mixed feelings...
    Somehow I wish they gave us a small fight scene and slowly a fade out.
    But this one is of course also cool, especially cos of Angel's line....last line...

SleepTight

[44]Dec 17, 2005
    • level: 36
    I think Angel was kinda meant to have a sad ending. the show was in overal pretty depressing and I can't think of any character that ended with a happy ending. maybe Kate and Connor...sort of.

I agree what someone said about Buffy killing the main villian of the season at every season final. I never was a big fan of that either.

Ludvico01

[45]Dec 18, 2005
    • level: 4
    Nevertheless, Mr. Whedon became enthralled with Firefly and "Serenity," and let Angel slip away. His recent interview in EW stated, more or less, that the so-called eighth season of Buffy would now become the comic book. Until there is closure, people will continue to wonder what happened to their favorite TV characters.

Lunatic71

[46]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 1
    WB IS THE REAL WOLFRAM & HART!

meg_gara

[47]Jan 2, 2006
    • level: 7
    I don't know but I think it was the "right" ending. Angel was about fighting the good fight. Sure, Angel wanted to become human again but he realized that this should not be his driving force for all the rescuing he does. It's fighting the good fight at the risk you'll die that makes them heroes.

grailwolf

[48]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 55
    Ludvico01 wrote:
    Nevertheless, Mr. Whedon became enthralled with Firefly and "Serenity," and let Angel slip away. His recent interview in EW stated, more or less, that the so-called eighth season of Buffy would now become the comic book. Until there is closure, people will continue to wonder what happened to their favorite TV characters.

Somehow I missed this until now. I'm afraid that I must disagree with your assessment here. Joss being busy with Firefly (and, later, Serenity) had nothing to do with the cancellation of Angel. Further, he's been trying to arrange more Buffyverse projects ever since, but things keep falling through.

First, Sarah and David both said that they weren't interested in doing TV movies, and then Sarah began saying that she didn't like the idea of more Buffy at all. Then a Faith series was in the works but before Joss and Tim Minear got a package together Eliza was offered Tru Calling so that was scrubbed. Since then Joss has been busy and so have all the cast and crew. He's trying to get James Marsters to stop taking other roles long enough to do a Spike movie, but there is very little detail on that so far.

As for the Buffy comic, you have it backwards. The eighth season of Buffy will not become the comic book, as there never was an eighth season planned. Instead, since Joss is writing the first few issues of the comic and will be keeping an eye on it thereafter, the new Buffy comics will become the eighth season that Buffy never had. These stories will be official canon in the Buffyverse.

Also, there have already been two Angel comic book series and one Spike one-shot which Joss has approved (they aren't real canon, but he has told the writers who is alive and who is dead) so we know...

***********SPOILER ALERT********************
    We know for sure that Angel, Spike, and Gunn all survived the battle behind the Hyperion. The details are hazy because Joss didn't let the writers talk about it too much. He wants to tell that story himself someday. At that point we might find out about Illyria and Lorne.

jameswilson245

[49]Feb 1, 2006
    I thought that it was a great ending and i also thought that it had a better ending than buffy.

But it shouldent of ended they should of done a couple more seasons to match buffy.

The_Phoenix89

[50]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 7
    I saw a few Angel comics in my local comic shop a few months ago. I flipped throught it and Illyria wasn't in the storyline but she was mentioned. I remember that much.

buffyjl

[51]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 20
    WaywardUsername wrote:
    People just don't understand. Not every story has to finish with a happy ending.

I think people understand but just aren't ready for it. I've heard folks say "Why don't they end a series on a sad note?"
    Then those same people complain when they actually see 1.

QUANTUM Leap SPOILER

Q
    U
    A
    N
    T
    U
    M

Like Quantum Leap, when it said "Sam never made it home"
    Although not a completely sad ending (he discovered his purpose and kept leaping and helping past people), many folks were disappointed.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

grailwolf

[52]Feb 3, 2006
    The_Phoenix89 wrote:
    I saw a few Angel comics in my local comic shop a few months ago. I flipped throught it and Illyria wasn't in the storyline but she was mentioned. I remember that much.

The first Angel comic miniseries is now out as a Graphic Novel. You can get it pretty cheap from Amazon here in the States. Once nice thing about books, you don't have to worry about them being region compliant.

Anyway, it's a pretty good story though I'm digging the new one more. The really good news is that all of it seems to be selling surprisingly well. That means that the fanbase is still out there and active, which means in turn that if the networks/studios realize this fact then we may be close to some more Whedony Goodness.

tjaman

[53]Feb 3, 2006
    * hears this post in grails mellifluous radio voice, looks forward to Labor Day *

grailwolf

[54]Feb 3, 2006
    tjaman wrote:
    * hears this post in grails mellifluous radio voice, looks forward to Labor Day *

Come to think of it, we better start planning!

Oh, and thanks.

BTVSForever

[55]Feb 3, 2006
    • level: 11
    here are my 2 cents

I HATED the ending didn't make a lot of sense to me
    I loved buffy's ending because it was closure real
    and Beutilful closure on Angel they are all just
    going to die to gloomey and sad for me. A good Show's
    finale has Closure on Freinds everyone's problems were
    gone except joey (they needed to save stuff for his show)
    thats what i wanted on Angel for his curse to be lifted
    and for him to be able to experience Happyness. For Fred and someone, I don't care who, to live happily ever after
    and for Angel and Conner to bond but NOOOOOO they all just get to die!

PilotofSerenity

[56]Feb 3, 2006
    • level: 13
    The thing is that we really don't know how the final battle ended. For all we know, there could have been a portal suddenly appear and Andrew with many slayers could have saved them, or they all died when the dragon ate them all, or even Serenity appears out of no where and shoots kills the dragon with a Crazy Ivan and then Angel and Crew get on Serenity and escapes LA just in the nick of time.

Or it was a dream by Liam, and we are still in 1757. And the next day Liam gets sired by Darla.

AuntArlene

[57]Feb 4, 2006
    • level: 24
    * Imagines the opening scene from "The Train Job" 'cept in the alley behind the Hyperion *

Hee hee.

george_bocolas

[58]Feb 4, 2006
    • level: 5
    Yes when I first watched the Finale i thought it was the worst ending ever and i saw that on a whedothon on TV. Then they played every season 1-5 and i watched it and then it sadley came to season five and i knew that it was over it was one of the best endings ever.

ISpeakTheTruth

[59]Feb 4, 2006
    • level: 33
    george_bocolas wrote:
    Yes when I first watched the Finale i thought it was the worst ending ever and i saw that on a whedothon on TV. Then they played every season 1-5 and i watched it and then it sadley came to season five and i knew that it was over it was one of the best endings ever.

Well put my friend...I told you to change your Icon!

george_bocolas

[60]Feb 5, 2006
    • level: 5
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    george_bocolas wrote:

Well put my friend...I told you to change your Icon!

I did its changed to Lilah Morgan but for some reason it won't change on my messages.