TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

My god what a bad ending

shokov

[61]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 3
    i knowww the ending was horriblee¡ im shocked i didnt even realize it was over i need closure. i was already dissapointed with buffys season finale. and then this
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tjaman

[62]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 32
    Read my review of "NFA" and see if that helps you out at all perspectivewise.

mattsafreak

[63]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 16

I loved all of Season 5. I like that they resolved Cordelia's story. I like that they paid respect to Doyle in that same episode. I like that in the end they knew they couldnt completely rid the world of evil but they could put a dent in evil. I like that the gang went out fighting like they always did.  

I still miss this show sooo much, though.

giantsfan51

[64]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 10
    It was the perfect ending for Angel, because the whole series wasn't about Angel becoming human, It was about fighting the good fight. It's what Doyle and Cordy died for.

NigaSibilino

[65]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 5
    You jumped to the end just to watch the last episode? OF COURSE YOU ARE NOT GONNA LIKE IT. I think it was perfect if you ask me

potter325

[66]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 8
    I hated the Wes dying part lol. Does anybody know if ANgel asked Lorne to shoot Lindsey or did Lorne decide to do it?

ISpeakTheTruth

[67]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 33

potter325 wrote:
    I hated the Wes dying part lol. Does anybody know if ANgel asked Lorne to shoot Lindsey or did Lorne decide to do it?

If I"m not wrong Angel told Lorne to do that because if Lindsey lived he would have taken Angel's place as head of the La branch of WR&H. But Lorne also knew that he had to die.

mattsafreak

[68]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 16
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:

If I"m not wrong Angel told Lorne to do that because if Lindsey lived he would have taken Angel's place as head of the La branch of WR&H. But Lorne also knew that he had to die.

I think you're right. I almost had a feeling it was an unspoken request from Angel to Lorne. Angel knew Lorne was the one person/demon Lindsey would underestimate.

NigaSibilino

[69]Dec 3, 2006
    potter325 wrote:

Lindsey was not part of the solution

Jen700

[70]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 7
    I hated!! the ending so much.. it was pathetic, it was meant to be like an apocalypse, but it just looked like few demons.. It all felt too rushed, and definately doesn't compare to the end of Buffy.

I really wish the ending had been better, as i was so excited about seeing it "/

tjaman

[71]Dec 5, 2006

SRH55

[72]Dec 6, 2006
    • level: 8

I just finished the final episode. And I honestly thought it was a good ending. I think they wanted you to create your own ending. See , they could've beat them all, and the whole world could've been saved. Or they could've fought and ended up dying. Use your imagination. I think it was good.

"Okay, lets get to work!"

-Thats so Angel!

NigaSibilino

[73]Dec 6, 2006
    SRH55 wrote:

I just finished the final episode. And I honestly thought it was a good ending. I think they wanted you to create your own ending. See , they could've beat them all, and the whole world could've been saved. Or they could've fought and ended up dying. Use your imagination. I think it was good.

"Okay, lets get to work!"

-Thats so Angel!

Exactly, that's what I thought when I watched it!

royeng

[74]Dec 10, 2006
    • level: 3
    I have to say, when I first saw the ending, my thoughts were, "That's it? Don't tell me that's it! Nooo!!!! Expletive Expletive." But even then, I understood that this was the only way to go. Angel was never a series about absolutes. It always treaded in the grey area in good and evil or right and wrong. Having Angel triumph over evil would'nt have felt right. The guy would have nothing to brood about! His finale would have had to have some kind of sadness, bittersweetness or loss in order for it to be an Angel episode. Not only that, but Joss and his crew really stuck with the showbiz motto of "Always leave them wanting more." If they ever come up with the conclusion to this story, I am right there to buy a ticket. The one thing that really bugs me about the final season of this show was the reasoning behind Wolfram & Hart giving Angel and his team control over their LA branch in the first place. Why the heck do you give your enemy full reign over your resources?! They never explained that!

masterofaeons

[75]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 15
    It was supposed to corrupt him and also keep him busy and playing thier game while the apocalpyse unfolded in plain sight. That's pretty well understood.

What they didn't explain was who sent robots after Wesley.

Spoonagain

[76]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 18
    I love the way Angel ended. Sure, I would like to see what happened next, but I'm pretty content with what I have.

rennie20ne

[77]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 1
    i believe that the ending could of been a little bit better but not for all fans i believe that it should of been more tradgic

tjaman

[78]Dec 15, 2006
    Welcome to the forum, and all, rennie, but tell me -- how would you get more tragic than Wesley's death?

ISpeakTheTruth

[79]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 33
    Angel's finale is either the first or second greatest finale I've ever seen (Lexx being the other) and if I were to change one thing about the Angel series I would have removed the Shanshu prophecy alll together, Angel was never the hero because he thought he would be rewarded he did so because it was the right thing to do and every time the Shanshu was brought up the dynamics of Angel's character changed to something less than what he was. But as a show and as a finale that is one of the best ones I've seen.

Spoonagain

[80]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 18
    tjaman wrote:
    Welcome to the forum, and all, rennie, but tell me -- how would you get more tragic than Wesley's death?

Having them all die, of course!