Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Not Fade Away

Opinions on "Not Fade Away"

unknown252

[1]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 2
    I personally loved the series finale how does everyone feel about the episode.
    Edited on 01/18/2008 12:47pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SmashedEntropy

[2]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 2
    I loved it. it was so diffrent from the Buffy finale, none of the core cast lived!!(cause well poor Gunn only had 10 mins left.) So great,well not great but way unexpected IMO. I really enjoyed the last line and thought is was fitting that the ones left were all at one point or another intent on destroying or making it their world, to see them come together to save it was breath taking! Also the writters I feel left it up to the fans(at that point in time) to use their imagination on the out come of the war. I remember watching it with my older brother and just throwing out ideas of what happen during the fight, and how we thought L.A would never be the same! I also threw out the idea that maybe just maybe Angel and spike were made human again because the PTB felt fit to bestoe their lives back for fighting the good fight!

SleepTight

[3]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 36
    Third greatest finale ever

hmnut7

[4]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 12
    It was a fitting end. The main plot of the show was Angel and his crew fighting the good fight even when it was hopeless, and that's how they went out.

I felt Buffy's finale was far worst. ALL of her core cast make it out alive.

lovelikewinter

[6]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 6

SleepTight wrote:
    Third greatest finale ever

Then what were numbers 1 and 2?

Kusonaga

[7]Jan 20, 2008
    hmnut7 wrote:

Which correlates nicely to Buffy's hopeful message.

asutho

[8]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 17
    Kusonaga wrote:
    hmnut7 wrote:

Exactly
    Joss has said that Buffy and Angel had 2 very different messages, Angel's is that the fight is never over, which is why we don't even see the fight (which i loved btw)
    I can't decide whether i prefer this finale to Buffy's or not, but they are both brilliant

tvfan332

[9]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 37
    Brilliant episode, it was nice seeing everyone live their final days, and then taking on the circle of the black thorn. My second favourite episode of the entire series, Reunion being my favourite.

NJZ

[10]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 29
    asutho wrote:
    Kusonaga wrote:
    hmnut7 wrote:

Exactly
    Joss has said that Buffy and Angel had 2 very different messages, Angel's is that the fight is never over, which is why we don't even see the fight (which i loved btw)
    I can't decide whether i prefer this finale to Buffy's or not, but they are both brilliant

I agree; the messages behind both shows were completely different and both series finales were fitting to those messages.

lazloscloset

[11]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 5
    Would have to have seen the PtB beam Cordelia down to fight her little heart out.

asutho

[12]Jan 22, 2008
    That would be so weird, I'm glad they didn't do that. plus she would die straight away anyway

NptuneSunnydle

[13]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 5
    Bringing Cordelia back at the end would have cheapened the finale for me. I know in the Whedon world people don't always stay dead. But to pop Cordy in at the end for the last few seconds of the show? In my mind I would be thinking "what the crap?". It would also take away from her meaningful goodbye in Your Welcome

Kusonaga

[14]Jan 23, 2008
    Cordy coming back for the series finale would've ruined it for me.

hmnut7

[15]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 12

NJZ wrote:
    asutho wrote:
    Kusonaga wrote:
    hmnut7 wrote:
    Exactly Joss has said that Buffy and Angel had 2 very different messages, Angel's is that the fight is never over, which is why we don't even see the fight (which i loved btw) I can't decide whether i prefer this finale to Buffy's or not, but they are both brilliant
    I agree; the messages behind both shows were completely different and both series finales were fitting to those messages.

That's fair. But that is also why I loved the show Angel a million times more than I loved the show Buffy. In many ways it is unfair for me to compare them because they are vastly different shows and it is possible for a person to be a fan of one and not the other, I loved Angel, I barely liked Buffy and that was the reason.

Kadodian

[16]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 23
    I enjoyed Buffy's finale way more. It was more epic, there was more fighting involved. I was disappointed with Angel's finale because it did not show what happened in the end and Cordelia was not in it when clearly she deserved to be part of it more than all the other characters apart from Wesley and Angel.

petef20

[17]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 22
    I think the thing about this episode was that it was kind of more of a season finale than a series finale. They had oads of stuff going on this season and so had to address all of those to make the finale worthwhile. Because of that there were a lot of characters who kind of felt they didn't deserve to be in it as much as others, but overall I still really liked it and thought it was a great way to end the show.

clockworx23

[18]Jan 27, 2008

asutho wrote:

I completely agree that both endings fit their respective shows and shows messages perfectly. As far as which one i liked better of the two then id have to go with Not Fade Away. The main reason being that i liked Angel's show better then Buffy's, although both were and still are up there as two of the best shows produced in TV history IMO.

soulspike

[19]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 11
    great episode but they could of gave wesley a fighting chance and let him kill the wizard before he died

Bufangel

[20]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 13
    It was such an awesome episode and finale! I was so upset when I found out it was ending! But that finale really gave it the proper send off!