[41]Oct 11, 2007
    • level: 8

Cordelia

Darla

Buffy

Kate

Drusilla

Nina

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

krestin

[42]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 9
    1. Cordy (Most adult relationship he ever had. I loved what kinda of person she brought into him. Something Angel always needed)

2. Darla

3. Nina

4. Kate

5. Dru

6. Spike

7. Buffy (what a freaking YAWNER. come on, it's so hard for me to even like them at all after both shows ended. i always prefered angel without buffy. it really was unhealthy in the end for both BUFFY AND ANGEL.)

Msblakelewis

[43]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 21
    YAY for the Angel and Cordelia fans!!

CoraxCZ

[44]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 2

Rank Angel's Relationships

1. Darla - Angel's soullessmate
    2. Nina - cute and healthy mostly angst-free relationship. Also she doesn't turn him evil
    3. Spike - Angel and me have never been intimate. Except that one... Yeah, they had great chemistry. Cavemen versus Astronauts? Awesome!
    4. Kate - not relationship per se, but they had some interesting interactions
    5. Drusilla - very, very wrong, on many levels
    6. Cordy - Not really fan of this relationship. [euphemism] Than again I'm not big fan of late season 3 Saint!Cordy either. [/euphemism]
    7. Buffy - safe for Angelus' appearance, terribly boring angstfest. Can I just say not interested? And cookie dough speech? Meh! And you already know how I feel about Buffy.

As you can see, I like Nina. Actually I love Ningel from same reason I love Wes/Virginia - it was normal, adult, healthy relationship that didn't take over character's storyline and wasn't all angst and melodrama. No deep, soul burning love, but we know how that worked out for Angel and Wes... Yeah, blade into gut indeed! I liked that Mutant Enemy sort of figured out concept of casual dating, 'cause I really didn't like it when BtVS became full of shippiness. And as for dating Nina few eps after Cordy died... Consider that Cordelia was in coma what? Several months and all resources of W&H couldn't help her. I guess Angel and others were prepared for her death, hence their mourning was mostly done by the time she died. So moving on, rebound. And unlike Willow/Kennedy it actually works because Nina isn't creepy stalker (imho Willow dating Kennedy was karmic payback for trying to destroy the world), I can see why would Angel be attracted to her, and she didn't become his only storyline. And that Jenny Mollen is very droolworthy is welcomed bonus.

Besides, I liked indication that characters actually have lives, friendships and relationships outside the group and we didn't need to see it all. Angel had Kate, Furies and Nina, Wes had Virginia and later his own demon hunting bussiness, Gunn had his crew and Anne, Cordy, well there were those girls from Expecting, the Pierce guy from Bachelor Party... IMHO one of things that hurt later seasons of BtVS was lack of life outside the Scooby Gang ending with all characters literally locked in one house all the time.

Obviously I'm not fan of True love crap. I mean, TJ is right - Buffy and Cordy might be his true loves, but they are immensely unhealthy not only for him, but also for everyone in general vicinity. Because of imminent threat of Angelus paying a visit, Bangel and Cangel are like playing squash with bottle of nitroglycerine. And sorry, but I like my broody vampire too much to expose him to such pain and angst. For world at large Angel/Nina or Angel/Transuding Furies is way safer. And way hotter.

Come to think about it, I guess I hate Wes/Fred for pretty much same reasons - I mean poor Wes was all tortured and depressed when Fred lived and even more depressed when she died.

And, hell, I know it's out topic, but if I don't write it down now, It's gonna haunt me all day... So, Wes' relationships.

1. Lilah
    2. Illyria
    3. Virginia
    4. Cordy
    5. Bleached blonde
    6. Fred

By the way - the amazing thing... I like pretty much ALL Wes/Somenone pairing better than Wes/Fred. Give me some Wes/Lilah, Wes/Virginia or even anything uncanonical like Wes/Buffy, Wes/Willow, Wes/Angel etc. over Wes/Fred any day... 'Cause honestly - Wes/Fred? VERY bad for Wes.

I mean, Lilah engaged Wesley in battle of wits and gave him relatively safe place to channel his frustration and to use his amazing brain. Without Lilah, Wes would be unable/unwilling to rescue Angel. Lilah helped to forge amazingly competent Wesley who had no problems dealing with Justine "He took away my bucket" Cooper, finding Captain Forehead, gather info on Cordelia's disappearence, and running his own agency. Not only she made him force to be reckoned with, she also made him somewhat happy. Besides, Wes/Lilah is smoking hot, full of snark and amusing. Me likey.

And Fred? She just gave him depression, self hatred and enough angst to out-brood Angel. How is that good for Wesley?

And I can SO see some Wes/Angel bonding over a glass of good scotch, b!tching about their relationships...

"But don't you see it, Angel? Our problems with women? They are either evil and then they die horrible death or they are your soulmate, you turn evil and try to kill them and then they stab you through heart. Literally, in your case. And then they die horrible death too! Honestly, I feel like giving up on women altogether..."

NickSeng

[45]Oct 28, 2007
    • level: 17
    ... Which in turn leads to Wes/Angel, who if I recall correctly, are quite popular with the slashies

Wangel 4eva!

CoraxCZ

[46]Oct 29, 2007

NickSeng wrote:
    ... Which in turn leads to Wes/Angel, who if I recall correctly, are quite popular with the slashies

Wangel 4eva!

Well, I'm not a great fan of slash, but my philosophy is "better good slash than bad het"

SleepTight

[47]Oct 29, 2007
    • level: 36
    I'm sure Wes fantasized about Angel's peepee after being exposed to it in 'First Impressions'.

tjaman

[48]Oct 29, 2007
    • level: 32
    There was nekkidness. And a clinch.

fitz_15

[49]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 7
    Cordy- Loved these two together,I think their relationship grew from friendship into something more which is normal. But can i just say eew about the whole conor thing- i mean even if you were possesed could you now see angel is prettier? I loved season 5 when she came back to him!!Cordy was great because she accepted Angel for who he was she saw both sides (Angel and Angelus) and still loved him.Each brought out the best sides i one another.

Darla-angelus' perfect match.But Angel was willing to fight for her second chance because he thought if he got one she also deserved although i never saw Darla turning into one of team Angel fighting vamps if she hadn't been sired again...!

Gwen-why isn't she listed?I LOVED HER!!Gwen was a good characther in my continuation plans she always came back to the alley and helps whats left of team angel!and i read that she is gonna be in the comic series..so heres hoping

kate- very unaccepting of the whole vampire thing at first one might say.but if they had a chance but who knows?

Drusilla- this wasn't about love it was about Aangelus' obsession dru was his number one achievement he killed all her family drove her insane and then sired her.Dru was showing the world his true evilness- dru was mad about him (hehe!)

Spike- Spike and Angel....friends,enemies or more?...Except that one time! LOL!!!.Truly good team if they both got over themselves!Spike looked up to Angelus at first..angelus turned Spike into a monster- they were a team but their was always the whole who does Dru love? thing there.

Buffy-OKay we get it! 3 seasons of star crossed lovers and to quote logan echolls "epic tale..lives ruined..bloodshed" too doomed to perfection for me personally.

Nina- Angel has a normal enough girlfriend(except the werewolf thing)he's dating!the world is doomed!!...yea i knew the apolycapse was coming!!

CoraxCZ

[50]Nov 2, 2007

SleepTight wrote:
    I'm sure Wes fantasized about Angel's peepee after being exposed to it in 'First Impressions'.

Well, if fanfictions are to be believed, Angel's peepee has quite monstrous proportions...

MovieMark17

[51]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 35

Pleh, Nina was such a random character...I ingnored her as much as Angel and the writers did... it also doesn't help the one playing Nina delivered her lines in such a hammy way. Watch "unleashed" again, I dare ya! Ugh!

Hmm, as for Angel's side-dish's...

I'd rank 'em as

Darla

Buffy

Cordy.

Edited on 11/24/2007 10:23am

Christy1994

[52]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 10
    Nowadays, I can't care less about who he ends up with for some reason...:S

tjaman

[53]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 32
    I'm hoping to see him hook up with that nice Dr. Brennan person.

Mel-Belle

[54]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 18
    Cordy (I think they were meant for eachother)

Buffy (first love so I'll admit it.)

Darla (I found them odd, and different) lol

Spike (Ok they were so brothers it was unbelievable.)

Drusilla (She sure did help make Angelus even more hot in season 2 of BtVS)

Kate (I didn't find her that interesting.)

Nina (I just didn't like her)

eimajamie

[55]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 9

Darla

Cordy

Spike

Dru

Buffy

Kate

Nina

banannie

[56]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 22

BUFFY

Cordy

Dru

Darla

Kate

Nina

Edited on 01/24/2008 11:02am

gwen13579

[57]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 8
    Cordelia

Darla

Drusilla

Kate

Spike

Buffy

Nina

NptuneSunnydle

[58]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 5
    masterofaeons wrote:
    Ruth Fisher or Dr. Ruth?

I can see Ruth Fisher shooting down Angel with a shotgun in her fantasy in the woods. LOL

24Ashan24

[59]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 6

Angel-Buffy There will be cookie eating...........

Angelus-Dru

Darla is too needy

Cordy YAWN

The rest unimportant

TwistedConverse

[60]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 23
    1- Angel/Darla
    2- Angel/Cordelia
    3- Angel/Dru
    4- Angel/Nina
    5- Angel/Everyone else

*huge gap*

6- Angel/Buffy