Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

**spoiler** What do you think was the sadest death ?

What do you think was the sadest death

FredGoon

[21]May 18, 2008
    • level: 2

Even though he was the character that was in the show least I voted for Doyle.

Freds Death was sad and thats my second choice, mostly because it was unexpected that she died.

Next would be Cordeilla, it's just that into season 5 I just kinda forgot about her and excepted she died back in season 3.

Lastly it would be wesley since it's right at the very end and I didnt feel that sad since its the last ep

Doyle however had an unexpected death, and he died a hero, he saved all those lifes willingly.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SerenaDragonfly

[22]May 21, 2008
    • level: 4
    Wow that was a tough one, all the deaths of major characters in Angel were sad in my opinion. Pretty much every one of them had me crying. But I've got to say the death of Wesley was the most touching because of Illyria/Fred. Their last moment together when Wesley finally accepts the lie because he knows he's going to die was heartbreaking.

eimajamie

[23]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 9
    I missed Cordy the most but her death wasn't the saddest as it never really showed everyone mourning her or anything like that

tvownsLEXIE

[24]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 21

It was a tough choice between Fred and Doyle for me, but Illyria turned out to be one of my favorite Angel characters of all time, so I can take solace in that when watching "A Hole in the World." Cordy was an amazing character, and her death was terribly sad, but she had closure unlike Fred. Doyle would have be the second saddest death, knowing the character would never come back, and having him die in such a heroic way. But without a doubt, when I watch the finale and Wes dies, I cry for hours because it is definitely the saddest death on Angel.

tv_lover066

[25]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 12

eimajamie wrote:
    I missed Cordy the most but her death wasn't the saddest as it never really showed everyone mourning her or anything like that

I totally agree. The thing that really makes a death sad IMO is their loved ones's reactions. With Cordy it was just over, and there didn't seem to be that much of an impact

BoA_17901

[26]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 3
    Doyle, he died as a true hero for his people. He sacrificed his love for cordy also there was a lot of raw emotion there ;__; plus doyle kicked ass!

tjaman

[27]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 32
    For me, "Angel" was just an OK "Buffy" knockoff until "That Old Gang of Mine."

From the moment Squirm, the balancing demon, appeared on the screen I fell absolutely in LOFF with the show.

Oh, it became valuable television for that 1.24 minutes, and I got the Slurpee and the T-shirt with that delightful catchphrase of his: "Is somebody there?" Joss is such a genius for that brilliant character.

When he died, I .. couldn't speak. For days. I spent three hours in a catatonic state and nearly dehydrated from crying over the course of the next day. Food has lost its taste and really my life has lost all meaning.

They killed him. And ... it's like ... nobody even cared. I know he was only in one episode in the third season but dammit it's like the show wasn't ever even worth watching without that sweet little Squirm.

Squirm was the freeqin' soul of the whole show. Joss is such a meanie. wAAAaaaahhhhHHHhh!!!!11one

Edited on 07/24/2008 5:13am

___Mr_Nasty___

[28]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 24
    tjaman wrote:
    For me, "Angel" was just an OK "Buffy" knockoff until "That Old Gang of Mine."

From the moment Squirm, the balancing demon, appeared on the screen I fell absolutely in LOFF with the show.

Oh, it became valuable television for that 1.24 minutes, and I got the Slurpee and the T-shirt with that delightful catchphrase of his: "Is somebody there?" Joss is such a genius for that brilliant character.

When he died, I .. couldn't speak. For days. I spent three hours in a catatonic state and nearly dehydrated from crying over the course of the next day. Food has lost its taste and really my life has lost all meaning.

They killed him. And ... it's like ... nobody even cared. I know he was only in one episode in the third season but dammit it's like the show wasn't ever even worth watching without that sweet little Squirm.

Squirm was the freeqin' soul of the whole show. Joss is such a meanie. wAAAaaaahhhhHHHhh!!!!11one

I don't believe this is entirely on the up and up.

-Joshua-

[29]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 4
    Number 5

tjaman

[30]Jul 24, 2008
    Numero Cinco of Los Hermanos Numeros?

Ay, caramba, what a death!

___Mr_Nasty___

[31]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 24
    tjaman wrote:
    Numero Cinco of Los Hermanos Numeros?

Ay, caramba, what a death!

For some reason I find this post to be very funny.

swanton1

[32]Sep 3, 2008

Wesley

Followed closely by Fred and Cordy.

lexi_1793

[33]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 6
    I always cry on Cordy since she was my favorite character but Fred was totally heartbreaking just because of her last words.

MrsMcDreamy87

[34]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 11
    For me it had to be Doyle's death. The way he died to save people was so sweet

Valdir_Imrov

[35]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 6

I voted for Wesley, but it's on a tie with Fred dying. If it was a poll for the most tragic death, I would have voted for Fred, because not only did she die, but her soul was destroyed in the process. It's one of the things I thought was extremely cruel, that there would be no chance to ever see Fred again (not the real Fred at least) because if her soul was destroyed, she wouldn't even be in whatever counts as an afterlife in Angel. Fred's death was so sad, with Wesley telling her that he'd loved her before he met her, and it made me feel empty when she was gone. But Wesley's death was just so heart touching, the way he accepted the lie and the last thing he wanted to see was Fred, and her crying as he slowly slipped away. It just makes me sad because of the whole soul thing... [spoiler] That and the fact that Wesley comes back as the liaison for Wolfram and Hart in the comics. [/ENDSPOILER]

If the option was up there, I'd vote for both of their deaths as a pair, as each contributed significant weight to the other.

Damn you Joss! You had to destroy her soul -_-

Artist8888

[36]Sep 23, 2008
    Fred definitely.

The line "Why can't I stay..." broke my heart and still does. I took great offence to the "fact that Illyria consumed Fred's soul. I just couldn't believe that a good hearted person like Fred's essence could simply be eliminated. This is about the only thing in my beloved Jossverse that I would not accept.

On the other had I really liked the Illyria character. Amy did a fantastic job of portraying a totally different type of strong woman character.

Doyle's death was sad because of the real life connection.

Peace

TwistedConverse

[37]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 23
    I'm wondering how Doyle has more votes than Cordy. Don't get me wrong but he was in all of 9 episodes. Cordy was in 86 episodes. Cordy was a more developed, interesting character. I like Doyle and all but I seem to be the only one who just didn't care too much.

tjaman

[38]Sep 23, 2008
    * raises hand awkwardly * Um ... me too. Sorry.

Aurorastarr

[39]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 7
    I had to go with West and Fred. Fred's death looked very painful, while West was very sad.

tv_lover066

[40]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 12

TwistedConverse wrote:
    I'm wondering how Doyle has more votes than Cordy. Don't get me wrong but he was in all of 9 episodes. Cordy was in 86 episodes. Cordy was a more developed, interesting character. I like Doyle and all but I seem to be the only one who just didn't care too much.

Well, I think because Doyle's death was such a shock, it was sudden and unexpected whereas though Cordy was a bigger character, her death was sort of prolonged...she was out of the show for so long that by the time it became she was officially gone it didnt have quite the same impact.