Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

**spoiler** What do you think was the sadest death ?

What do you think was the sadest death

OctoberGirl9

[41]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 8

Doyle by far was the sadest death for me.

Cordy was already gone for me so I didn't feel to sad.

Fred, I knew she wasn't leaving the show so I could'nt get to worked up.

Wes, well for me it was a happy kind of death. I mean the guy did go through hell, and lost his love, but in his death he goes back to Fred so it didn't hit me hard at all.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[42]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 29
    Although I'm most sad that Cordy died her death wasn't really all that sad. Fred was the sadest death for me, I cried and I cried and then I cried some more Wes' death was also really sad although it was kinda a happy death... and I didn't really get to know Doyle well enough to be that sad over his death.

lilmissheaven

[43]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 6
    They were all really really sad. But for me it was between Fred and Doyle. I miss them so much...

tigert2004

[44]Oct 17, 2008
    • level: 4
    For me it was Cordelia, but it was not that episode but when they revealed that the kiss they had how it circled back to Doyle

Giant2005

[45]Oct 19, 2008
    Crody's death sucked. It wasn't sad at all - Angel received a phone call saying she was dead then continued on with his afterlife without giving it a second thought. It would have almost made sense for him to be whistling a merry tune.

I voted Fred because her death just took so damn long. She spent a fair amount of time in agony while Wesley had to witness the whole lot. The others spent their time desperately struggling to find a cure and failing miserably. Judging from their actions, I'd be willing to bet the Angel characters would all agree her death was the saddest.

Wesley should have been the saddest for me, namely because he is my favourite character and the whole spending your afterlife enslaved to Wolfram and Hart thing surely has to suck. Fred was lucky to have her soul consumed by Illyria so she didn't have to face the same fate. The thing about Wesley's death is it happened on the last episode. I didn't really care a hell of a lot because for all intensive purposes, every character was dead to me at the end of that episode - Wesley missed out on a few minutes screen time so it wasn't much of an issue.

Doyle's death wasn't too bad either, he chose to die and managed to get himself a death that actually counted for something. No-one should be sad about that.

queenk123

[46]Oct 20, 2008
    Definitely Fred ... she suffered so much!

Wesley's was so sad, it nearly broke my heart when Illyria asked him if he wanted her to lie to him and then he said yes ... but at least he dies carrying out one last mission. Fred's death was just meaningless**

Cordelia was gone for too long for her death to have much of an impact.

Doyle's wasn't so bad because it was noble and redemptive.

**Having said this, I must admit, Illyria soon became one of my favourite characters, especially after she 'adopted' Spike as her pet...

gmvail23

[47]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 50
    I'd have to vote:

Doyle - I just loved his character.
    Wesley - It was sad but totally expected.
    Cordy - She had kind of been dead for a long time anyway.
    Fred - I'm normally a big ole softy and cry at a lot of shows and movies, however, Fred's death didn't even make me get misty.

TwistedConverse

[48]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 23
    Wesley- He wasn't my fave but his death was the saddest IMO.
    Cordy- Mainly because I was devastated she wasn't coming back full time. Joss is an idiot .
    Fred- I was very, very sad but it was totally the right thing to do IMO. S5 needed something to stop it being completely mediocre and Illyria was that thing.

Doyle- I just didn't care, to be honest. I was sadder when Amanda the potential slayer died in Chosen.

clau019

[49]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 10
    OMG you didn't mention Darla! Are you feeling okay?

TwistedConverse

[50]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 23

Oh dear God, I didn't. This has got to be the first time ever!

*backtracks*

Darla- Her death was the saddest. Cause she's the best, duh

There. All is right in the world

___Mr_Nasty___

[51]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 24
    Darla isn't on the list, spud.

LadyInque

[52]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 24
    All of them actually but Fred most

McCullick

[53]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 3

For me, it was definitely Fred.They put her through so much agony. I had pretty much fallen in love with her and she didn't deserve to go through so much. If you think about it, she was really the only character that didn't have a bad past. She was pure, and that's what sucked about it. The things that she said, and ultimately just the whole setting was extremely sad.

Next would be Wesley's. I kinda hated what he did with Connor and all, but I also understand why. So, once he came back into the picture as a good guy, I was happy. It was quite surprising that he died, especially in the last episode. The way he died, with Illiria was genius, though. The fact that she cried pretty much gives proof to my theory that Fred was never really fully gone. It was nice to see that last bit of love for him shine through. Illiria really did become one of my favorite characters, and I'm glad they didn't show her die.

Cordy, although one of my favorite characters, was just ridiculous. It was sad, that she was really gone, but they hadn't shown her in so many episodes, that it was like she was gone already. And the fact that nobody was shown to be effected by it made it kinda pointless. You'd think that Angel would've been heart broken, since he loved her, but no, all he did was tear up a bit. Nobody else seemed to even acknowledge the fact that she was gone.

Darla's was sad too, but more unexpected. I never thought she'd sacrifice herself. I never liked her, up until like right before that. Then i felt bad for Connor, cuz he'd never know his mom.

But, all in all, I'd have to say that Fred dieing was the most tramatic, and I'm glad to see her death ahead in the pole.

maxiegeorge

[54]Nov 7, 2008
    • level: 3
    Cordy was mine. Im not a big cryer and her death was the only one i cryed over especially when the hospital rang angel and said that she never woke up and her turns around and shes gone (soB)

BethanyJoyFan

[55]Nov 16, 2008
    • level: 10

b

maxiegeorge wrote:
    Cordy was mine. Im not a big cryer and her death was the only one i cryed over especially when the hospital rang angel and said that she never woke up and her turns around and shes gone (soB)

I agree. Cordy's death was mine too. When she turned and said one for the road and they kissed and then the phone started ringing... and Angel said "I don't have to get that". But the thing that made me cry was her saying : "that,you have to get" and then we find out she died.

NiallB31

[56]Oct 3, 2009

Mine was Cordelias because when she awoke from the coma you would expect her to remain with the gang because she had the visions. The scene in Angels office was realy sad, I have never cried as much in my life. Cordy said she couldn't stay that she was on a different path, i thought she was going up to the powers that be, and when the phone rang and the camera came up to Angel and cordy was gone i thought she had left. Then Angel looked back and looked sad and asked when did she die, thats when i started to cry like a waterfall. It was the sadest cos Cordy has been there since Buffy episode 1

lazyjay

[57]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 30
    tv_lover066 wrote:

Dudes, without a doubt the saddest death was Wesley. Because it was so unexpected! Why dammit! And the fact that wesley has previously told Illyria to never impersonate Fred, but does as his last dying wish is heart wrenching. And that beautiful scene when Wesley is in Illyria/Fred's arms, where we see such a powerful love!

Wesley was the best character on the whole show!

That is my favorite scene to cry at in all of Buffy and Angel. "Would you like me to lie to you now?" just wrenches my heart every time.

KingofIPirates

[58]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 32
    I suppose Freds.

Michellexx

[60]Oct 8, 2009
    mani have to say doyle. i love that little irish man he was a great character and really under stood Angel from the beginning