Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Two questions

Peterb3291

[1]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 8

1. Why was this series cancelled? I heard two stories one was because they had low ratings in Season 5 and the other was they had good ratings but Joss requested an early renewal and pressed the WB for it and then the WB cancelled them (which now they say was a mistake.)

2. Why was Cordy written out of Season 5?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

exterminator25

[2]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 27
    1) The show was cancelled because about halfway through the season, Joss pressed for a decision on whether they'd get another season or not, so they could plan a perfect finale if it was the last season, and an exec gave them the cancellation. However, after the season had ended they realisied they were wrong and the guy who cancelled Angel got fired

2) Joss said this was because he couldn't think of anything else to do with Cordy's character.

Jacks_Son

[3]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 13

exterminator25 wrote:

2) Joss said this was because he couldn't think of anything else to do with Cordy's character.

If I recall correctly, Joss' statements at that time, indicated that Cordy's character had fully developed her potential and that her storyline was complete.

exterminator25

[4]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 27
    Jacks_Son wrote:

exterminator25 wrote:

If I recall correctly, Joss' statements at that time, indicated that Cordy's character had fully developed her potential and that her storyline was complete.

I heard that Joss didn't think of anyhting else to do with Cordy, but it's most likely I was misinformed.

SMGslayer97

[5]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 34
    The cancelation comments are all correct.

As for Cordy I don't think we really got an answer. Joss said some stuff but to be honest I never felt satisfied by any of the answers he gave us. I often wondered if maybe Joss was trying to be ballsy as usual or maybe challenge himself...or if maybe there was something else going on...some kind of issue. Then again Charisma came back but I got a strange vibe off some of her comments saying things like she owed it to the fans which is sweet but I don't know sort of an odd way of putting it if you ask me.

TwistedConverse

[6]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 23
    Jacks_Son wrote:

exterminator25 wrote:

A pathetic excuse .