Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Who loved Cordy in season four?

Did you love her in season four being the "B***h"?

kooladey

[1]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 5

i certainly loved her in season four of angel, you got to see the "old side" of her, although she was possessed! I loved how she manipulated everyone just to get what she wanted, and how she went head-to-head with willow in "orpheus"

Throughtout Angel, you saw that she hrself was becoming a "champion" like Angel, I thought it was perfect how Joss brought the "b***h" back!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tjaman

[2]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 32
    No.

zhangliao1

[3]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 6
    personally i enjoyed willow kicking her ass

SleepTight

[4]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 36
    She was tight, especially in 'Inside Out'. 'Give mama some sugar' is a classic CordEvila line.

AuntArlene

[5]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 24

zhangliao1 wrote:

I think I need sleep. I misread that as licking.

insomniac360

[6]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 21
    She was kinda out of character in Season Four.

tjaman

[7]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 32
    Y'think?

NickSeng

[8]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 17
    kooladey wrote:

i certainly loved her in season four of angel, you got to see the "old side" of her, although she was possessed! I loved how she manipulated everyone just to get what she wanted, and how she went head-to-head with willow in "orpheus"

Throughtout Angel, you saw that she hrself was becoming a "champion" like Angel, I thought it was perfect how Joss brought the "b***h" back!!

The old side of her? In season 4?

I dunno, I never saw it.

NickSeng

[9]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 17
    AuntArlene wrote:

zhangliao1 wrote:

I think I need sleep. I misread that as licking.

I'll have whatever she's having.

SMGslayer97

[10]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 34
    She was out of character in season 4 but I'll admit that Charisma did a good job playing evil. Some of it was a little bit awesome.

xoxJoJoRulesxox

[11]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 12

SleepTight wrote:
    especially in 'Inside Out'. 'Give mama some sugar' is a classic CordEvila line.

That Bit Makes Me Feel Rather Sick Lols

Kadodian

[12]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 23
    I loved Cordelia in season 4 .

Although it was enough for Angel to go evil and lose his soul why make Cordelia evil too. ?

TeemerDJ

[14]Dec 11, 2007
    Personally, I like Cordy much more as Champion, and not as the Big Bad (don't get me wrong, it was kewl and kinda hot 2 see Cordy evil ). And, no i don't think stealing Angel's soul, stabbing Lilah in the neck, making out with The Beast, and getting Connor to sleep with her, counts as bringing back the old, shallow, stuck up, bitcy Cordelia from Buffy.

Alu1985

[16]Dec 14, 2007
    • level: 8
    Well...It wasn't really Cordelia... I loved that storyline and I loved Charisma playing an evil character!

CoraxCZ

[17]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 2

To quote TJ's brilliant post in it's entirety...

No.

As for myself...

Not a chance, never, no way, not in a million years, and also 'nuh-uh.'

Charisma Carpenter, rather like Alyson Hannigan, is very good comedy actress, but fails miserably when supposed to be dark and menacing. Frankly, writing for Cordevila sucked and CC performance certainly didn't help.

Other than that, I don't understand what you mean by the "old side" of Cordy. Well, safe for Spin the Bottle and even there she's way more whiny then BtVS Cordy. But safe StB, Angel's retarded fantasy, and few glimpses of her in heaven, Cordy isn't even there, it's Jasmine in her body. And while Cordy certainly could be quite a bitca, she wasn't evil manipulative insane murderer like Evil Lying Sack. And sorry, but Cordy murdering innocents in cold blood is OOC as much as Faith joining Bulgarian convent and living her life in chastity.

YMMV

JoshSutton

[18]Dec 25, 2007
    • level: 15

I wouldnt say i loved her in season 4. I adored her! She was just so.. lovely.. wasn't she lovely?

Ok lets get serious now, i kinda liked her build up to getting her memories back but that was just cos of lines like "Angie" and the episode Spin the Bottle where she turned into her 17 year old self... even if she didnt recognise Angel. Hmm unless Cordelia was held back a grade in School and she was actually 17 and not 16 in BtVS season 1.

But anyways the evil bit.. well no one is clear when that actuallyhappened so im not really a fan of that whole arc. But thinking about she was very Cordelia like when she is evil in some parts. Like her reaction when Angeltells her he knows about her and Conor. Even though she says in season 5 that it wasnt her, doesnt she? Or am i thinking about Lilah..?

Ok you're thinking shut up already so i will do just that.

TeemerDJ

[19]Dec 25, 2007
    JoshSutton wrote:

I wouldnt say i loved her in season 4. I adored her! She was just so.. lovely.. wasn't she lovely?

Ok lets get serious now, i kinda liked her build up to getting her memories back but that was just cos of lines like "Angie" and the episode Spin the Bottle where she turned into her 17 year old self... even if she didnt recognise Angel. Hmm unless Cordelia was held back a grade in School and she was actually 17 and not 16 in BtVS season 1.

But anyways the evil bit.. well no one is clear when that actuallyhappened so im not really a fan of that whole arc. But thinking about she was very Cordelia like when she is evil in some parts. Like her reaction when Angeltells her he knows about her and Conor. Even though she says in season 5 that it wasnt her, doesnt she? Or am i thinking about Lilah..?

Ok you're thinking shut up already so i will do just that.

It happened when Lorne got her memory back, the demon inside her awoke. That is the moment when Jasmine took over every fiber of her being.

That wasn't Cordelia. She was POSSESSED. Before "You're Welcome" we haven't seen the real Cordy since i think "Deep Down". And that was when she was in the higher plane.

lenzinoH20

[20]Dec 25, 2007
    • level: 31

I have to say I liked the manipulative side that Charisma portrayed, while there was some iffy-ness with some of her performances, I think she did well under her condition. I thought it was hilarious at times how Jasmine, while possesing Cordelia, tried to get away with evil plans but was kinda bad at being evil and messed up in the end. Since Jasmine was aHigher Being, it would make sense that she was struggling with following through with her plans given that she was doing it for the greater good...or so she thought? I think that's what was great about the Evil Cordelia/Jasmine angle is that she wasn't evil, but just very insane about doing good through evil deeds.