Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Who loved Cordy in season four?

Did you love her in season four being the "B***h"?

  • Avatar of kooladey

    kooladey

    [1]Dec 9, 2007
    • member since: 08/14/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 111

    i certainly loved her in season four of angel, you got to see the "old side" of her, although she was possessed! I loved how she manipulated everyone just to get what she wanted, and how she went head-to-head with willow in "orpheus"

    Throughtout Angel, you saw that she hrself was becoming a "champion" like Angel, I thought it was perfect how Joss brought the "b***h" back!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [2]Dec 9, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    No.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zhangliao1

    zhangliao1

    [3]Dec 9, 2007
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 566
    personally i enjoyed willow kicking her ass
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SleepTight

    SleepTight

    [4]Dec 9, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 7,535
    She was tight, especially in 'Inside Out'. 'Give mama some sugar' is a classic CordEvila line.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AuntArlene

    AuntArlene

    [5]Dec 9, 2007
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,992

    zhangliao1 wrote:
    personally i enjoyed willow kicking her ass

    I think I need sleep. I misread that as licking.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of insomniac360

    insomniac360

    [6]Dec 9, 2007
    • member since: 08/14/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,898
    She was kinda out of character in Season Four.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [7]Dec 9, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    Y'think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NickSeng

    NickSeng

    [8]Dec 9, 2007
    • member since: 02/17/04
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 3,633
    kooladey wrote:

    i certainly loved her in season four of angel, you got to see the "old side" of her, although she was possessed! I loved how she manipulated everyone just to get what she wanted, and how she went head-to-head with willow in "orpheus"

    Throughtout Angel, you saw that she hrself was becoming a "champion" like Angel, I thought it was perfect how Joss brought the "b***h" back!!



    The old side of her? In season 4?

    I dunno, I never saw it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NickSeng

    NickSeng

    [9]Dec 9, 2007
    • member since: 02/17/04
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 3,633
    AuntArlene wrote:

    zhangliao1 wrote:
    personally i enjoyed willow kicking her ass

    I think I need sleep. I misread that as licking.



    I'll have whatever she's having.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [10]Dec 10, 2007
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    She was out of character in season 4 but I'll admit that Charisma did a good job playing evil. Some of it was a little bit awesome.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of xoxJoJoRulesxox

    xoxJoJoRulesxox

    [11]Dec 10, 2007
    • member since: 02/14/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 423

    SleepTight wrote:
    especially in 'Inside Out'. 'Give mama some sugar' is a classic CordEvila line.

    That Bit Makes Me Feel Rather Sick Lols

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kadodian

    Kadodian

    [12]Dec 11, 2007
    • member since: 07/01/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 3,337
    I loved Cordelia in season 4 .

    Although it was enough for Angel to go evil and lose his soul why make Cordelia evil too. ?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TeemerDJ

    TeemerDJ

    [14]Dec 11, 2007
    • member since: 02/13/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,429
    Personally, I like Cordy much more as Champion, and not as the Big Bad (don't get me wrong, it was kewl and kinda hot 2 see Cordy evil ). And, no i don't think stealing Angel's soul, stabbing Lilah in the neck, making out with The Beast, and getting Connor to sleep with her, counts as bringing back the old, shallow, stuck up, bitcy Cordelia from Buffy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Alu1985

    Alu1985

    [16]Dec 14, 2007
    • member since: 12/26/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 31
    Well...It wasn't really Cordelia... I loved that storyline and I loved Charisma playing an evil character!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CoraxCZ

    CoraxCZ

    [17]Dec 17, 2007
    • member since: 08/06/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 137

    To quote TJ's brilliant post in it's entirety...

    No.

    As for myself...

    Not a chance, never, no way, not in a million years, and also 'nuh-uh.'

    Charisma Carpenter, rather like Alyson Hannigan, is very good comedy actress, but fails miserably when supposed to be dark and menacing. Frankly, writing for Cordevila sucked and CC performance certainly didn't help.

    Other than that, I don't understand what you mean by the "old side" of Cordy. Well, safe for Spin the Bottle and even there she's way more whiny then BtVS Cordy. But safe StB, Angel's retarded fantasy, and few glimpses of her in heaven, Cordy isn't even there, it's Jasmine in her body. And while Cordy certainly could be quite a bitca, she wasn't evil manipulative insane murderer like Evil Lying Sack. And sorry, but Cordy murdering innocents in cold blood is OOC as much as Faith joining Bulgarian convent and living her life in chastity.

    YMMV

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JoshSutton

    JoshSutton

    [18]Dec 25, 2007
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,155

    I wouldnt say i loved her in season 4. I adored her! She was just so.. lovely.. wasn't she lovely?

    Ok lets get serious now, i kinda liked her build up to getting her memories back but that was just cos of lines like "Angie" and the episode Spin the Bottle where she turned into her 17 year old self... even if she didnt recognise Angel. Hmm unless Cordelia was held back a grade in School and she was actually 17 and not 16 in BtVS season 1.

    But anyways the evil bit.. well no one is clear when that actuallyhappened so im not really a fan of that whole arc. But thinking about she was very Cordelia like when she is evil in some parts. Like her reaction when Angeltells her he knows about her and Conor. Even though she says in season 5 that it wasnt her, doesnt she? Or am i thinking about Lilah..?

    Ok you're thinking shut up already so i will do just that.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TeemerDJ

    TeemerDJ

    [19]Dec 25, 2007
    • member since: 02/13/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,429
    JoshSutton wrote:

    I wouldnt say i loved her in season 4. I adored her! She was just so.. lovely.. wasn't she lovely?

    Ok lets get serious now, i kinda liked her build up to getting her memories back but that was just cos of lines like "Angie" and the episode Spin the Bottle where she turned into her 17 year old self... even if she didnt recognise Angel. Hmm unless Cordelia was held back a grade in School and she was actually 17 and not 16 in BtVS season 1.

    But anyways the evil bit.. well no one is clear when that actuallyhappened so im not really a fan of that whole arc. But thinking about she was very Cordelia like when she is evil in some parts. Like her reaction when Angeltells her he knows about her and Conor. Even though she says in season 5 that it wasnt her, doesnt she? Or am i thinking about Lilah..?

    Ok you're thinking shut up already so i will do just that.



    It happened when Lorne got her memory back, the demon inside her awoke. That is the moment when Jasmine took over every fiber of her being.

    That wasn't Cordelia. She was POSSESSED. Before "You're Welcome" we haven't seen the real Cordy since i think "Deep Down". And that was when she was in the higher plane.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lenzinoH20

    lenzinoH20

    [20]Dec 25, 2007
    • member since: 07/12/06
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 470

    I have to say I liked the manipulative side that Charisma portrayed, while there was some iffy-ness with some of her performances, I think she did well under her condition. I thought it was hilarious at times how Jasmine, while possesing Cordelia, tried to get away with evil plans but was kinda bad at being evil and messed up in the end. Since Jasmine was aHigher Being, it would make sense that she was struggling with following through with her plans given that she was doing it for the greater good...or so she thought? I think that's what was great about the Evil Cordelia/Jasmine angle is that she wasn't evil, but just very insane about doing good through evil deeds.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.