Angel Forums

The WB (ended 2004)

Who loved Cordy in season four?

Did you love her in season four being the "B***h"?

gwen13579

[21]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 8
    Who 'loved' her in Season 4? Sorry but I hated what they did to Cordy that season. Total letdown. And just because she was pregnant in real life. And ... having to see her ... in bed ... with, ew... Connor... possessed or not, it was just sick. The real Cordy was in love with his dad, so it was just repulsive.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lenzinoH20

[22]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 31

gwen13579 wrote:
    Who 'loved' her in Season 4? Sorry but I hated what they did to Cordy that season. Total letdown. And just because she was pregnant in real life. And ... having to see her ... in bed ... with, ew... Connor... possessed or not, it was just sick. The real Cordy was in love with his dad, so it was just repulsive.

That was the point, It WASN'T Cordelia, it was Jasmine. You can't really ruin a character when the character wasn't the character in the first place.

gwen13579

[23]Dec 26, 2007
    But it was still Charisma Carpenter playing Jasmine playing Cordelia. That's my point. It may not essentially be Cordy, but we're looking at Cordy. So for me, it's just as bad.

JoshSutton

[24]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 15

gwen13579 wrote:
    But it was still Charisma Carpenter playing Jasmine playing Cordelia. That's my point. It may not essentially be Cordy, but we're looking at Cordy. So for me, it's just as bad.

I agree, i thought that Jasmine played Cordelia well in some parts. But thenyou could argue that, that was Charisma forgetting she was playing Jasmine playing Cordelia so she thought she was just playing Cordy.

Thats my theory.

I stick by it.

FrozenHeart_

[25]Dec 27, 2007
    Really didnt likeher : ( I didnt really see her as a **** in her "old" side since she was allways a good girl at heart, She just put on this mask to stay popular, As possessed she was just creepy doing Angels son and all.

gwen13579

[26]Dec 27, 2007
    Having to see her bed Connor was one of the most sickening things I think I've ever seen on any show. Just... ew. And Charisma reportedly agrees. Especially when Season 3 was about Cordy/Angel going somewhere. The transformation of Cordy in Season 4 was imo a bad, bad move. It created a lot of dramatic, tense episodes, but did I find it entertaining? No way.

Lusaku

[27]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 5

gwen13579 wrote:
    Having to see her bed Connor was one of the most sickening things I think I've ever seen on any show. Just... ew. And Charisma reportedly agrees. Especially when Season 3 was about Cordy/Angel going somewhere. The transformation of Cordy in Season 4 was imo a bad, bad move. It created a lot of dramatic, tense episodes, but did I find it entertaining? No way.

I second that

Evil Cordy equal Yuck.

trfan

[28]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 11
    Cordelia was awful in season four. Never mind the whole Connor thing, it was the acting. Many of Cordy's lines during her pregnancy (pre-pregnant Cordy was fine) were so robotic and monotone and stilted and just so not natural. I'm in season four right now and thankfully I'm past robo-Cordy. Plus, she's just evil the way she manipulates Connor.

Honest, though, season four Cordy makes me think of the Buffy episode "Intervention" when they couldn't tell Buffybot from the real Buffy.

kingerique

[29]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 5
    I agree that Charismas acting was not at her best in season 4. It was partly the fault of the writing, but after playing Cordelia perfectly in previous seasons she just semed a bit wooden at times in season 4

eimajamie

[30]Mar 3, 2008
    • level: 9

I would've loved to see Angel and (Good) Cordy to finally met and told each other how they felt and I was dissapointed that the real Cordelia never got to speak to Angel again.

soulspike

[31]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 11
    eimajamie wrote:

I would've loved to see Angel and (Good) Cordy to finally met and told each other how they felt and I was dissapointed that the real Cordelia never got to speak to Angel again.

she does in season 5 episode your welcome but im not saying what happens because you might of not seen it yet

mafalada

[32]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 28

Right! It was so unpleasant to see Connor and Cordelia together. First, I passionately hate Connor (his last couple of performances in season 5 was ok, no one was more surprised than me). Also, this whole stunt seemed so out of character. Then again, it wasn't her in the first place as I learned later on. Anyway, the icky feeling stayed with me, that's for sure.

I remember hating the whole season and being very disappointed when I first watched it. On second sight, there were nice aspects, with Cordelia never being one of them. Ok, one cliffhanger with her stabbing Lilah was ok-ish but that's definitely it. She had nothing in her favors as Big Bad. She wasn't funny; she wasn't immensely scary or witty, or seductive. I can't express how disappointed I was by her character development! Thank god she reappeared in You're Welcome.

marto_dd

[33]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 17

I didn't like her a lot when she was bad. I just totally loved the old good Cordy and seeing her so different just wasn't easy...

But I have to admit that the writers chose the best way to deal with Charisma's pregnancy. Evil Cordy wasn't as great as good Cordy, but it was at least interesting and unexpected and the whole Jasmine storyline was amazing

clau019

[34]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 10
    marto_dd wrote:

I didn't like her a lot when she was bad. I just totally loved the old good Cordy and seeing her so different just wasn't easy...

But I have to admit that the writers chose the best way to deal with Charisma's pregnancy. Evil Cordy wasn't as great as good Cordy, but it was at least interesting and unexpected and the whole Jasmine storyline was amazing

Cordy was always supossed to be evil in season 4, except then they included the pregnancy, and Jasmine took over. The season was supossed have a big fight between Angel and Cordy, but the producers thought it wouldn't look good to have him smacking a pregnant woman.

marto_dd

[35]Jun 22, 2008
    clau019 wrote:
    marto_dd wrote:

Cordy was always supossed to be evil in season 4, except then they included the pregnancy, and Jasmine took over. The season was supossed have a big fight between Angel and Cordy, but the producers thought it wouldn't look good to have him smacking a pregnant woman.

Wow, I didn't know that! I had always thought it was all because of the pregnancy. Thank you for the information

And do you know if Cordy's absence in season 5 was planned or it was because of Charisma?

clau019

[36]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 10

marto_dd wrote:
    And do you know if Cordy's absence in season 5 was planned or it was because of Charisma?

Nobody knows for sure. Joss said that they had just run out of ideas for her character (doesn't sound reasonable to me, they could've done dozens of things), a lot of people said that he was so mad that she got pregnant and messed with his storyline that he fired her for that. Some people have mistakenly claimed that Charisma wanted out because of her baby, which is not true since she herself said that she was ready to get back to work after she had her son, and she did except they didn't give her any lines at the end of season 4. The fact is that she didn't tell the writers about her pregnancy until a few days before production started, and then they had to rewrite it pretty quickly, so I guess there was some tension because of that. But like I said, nobody knows for sure.

I kinda wish they hadn't added the pregnancy. Not that I didn't like the season, but it all leads to Cordy being writen out, which was a big mistake if you ask me. I'm sure they could've found a way around it, like have her dissapear for some episodes and then come back all evil or whatever.

Edited on 06/22/2008 6:07pm

marto_dd

[37]Jun 22, 2008

I like the storyline, because the whole Jasmine thing is great and the message of the season is just amazing, but I really, really HATED that Cordy was written out. She brought so much to the show and her character was the brightest light in Angel.

But sometimes I'm trying to comfort myself by saying it was for the best. Of course it was horrible not to have her in season 5, but at least we had that one perfect episode with her. And nobody knows how could they screw her character up... Gunn was so out of character in season 5, I hated him. Angel too was a way out of character (I just loved when Cordy said "I naturally assumed you'd lost without me, but... THIS?!"). Lorne was just there, he had some screen-time but didn't do anything really interesting or useful. And it was pretty much the same with Fred till episode 5x15 when she died and saved the show. So... yeah, we don't have Cordy for 22 episodes, but at least the one in which we do have her, is perfect.
    Edited on 06/22/2008 9:36pm

-Joshua-

[38]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 4
    Twas not Cordelia. This thread is thus dubbed moot.
    Edited on 06/23/2008 4:12pm
    Edited 2 total times.