Angel

Fredless

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Oct 22, 2001 on The WB

• Fred decides to stay in LA, and I'm actually glad to hear it. Until this episode, I really wished they had left her in Pylea.

Cordelia finally explains to Fred that Angel can't be anything more than friends with her. I didn't much expect to like this episode, thinking it was going to be cliche as Fred's parents come for her, and we are led to believe they are evil or something is wrong. However, I liked that her parents were so loving and concerned about her. She definitely undergoes a transistion as she comes to terms with what happened in Pylea and works to put it behind her. Going forward she's a much more interesting and stronger character. Until "Fredless" I really wished they had left her in Pylea.

Favorite Scene: This episode has the clas-sic scene where Cordelia and Wesley act out Angel's reunion with the now resurrected Buffy, possibly one of the funniest scenes in the entire 5 seasons of Angel.

Cordelia (as Buffy): "Oh - Angel! I know that I'm a Slayer and you a vampire - and it would be *impossible* for us to *be* together - *but!*
    Wesley (as Angel): "But my gypsy curse sometimes prevents me from seeing the truth. Oh, Buffy!"
    Cordelia : "Yes, Angel?"
    Wesley : "Oh, I love you so much I almost forgot to *brood*"
    Cordelia : "And just because I sent you to hell that one time doesn't mean that we can't just be friends."
    Wesley grabs a hold of Cordy's wrist.
    Cordelia : "Oh!"
    Wesley : "Or possibly more."
    Cordelia gasps: "Gasp! No! We mustn't."
    Wesley pulls Cordy close.
    Wesley : "Kiss me."
    Cordelia : "Bite me!"
    Wesley bends Cordy back over his arm and pretends to sink his fangs into her neck.
    Angel (off screen): "How about you both bite me."