Angel

I Will Remember You

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 23, 1999 on The WB

• Never have i seen an episode which involves such true happiness and such excruciating pain in one whole episode

All of those who've watched this episode probably hated it and love it. There truly was moments of pure joy and moments of painful heartbreak.

I watched Buffy as a kid and now i recently watched it again years learn to appreciate it more.

Buffy and Angel are like Emilie Bronte's Heathcliff and Catherine from Wuthering Heights. And thas why i love it so much. After Angel left in season 3 i didnt really watch buffy fully only the episodes in which angel appeared in. To be honest i didnt even know that Angel and Buffy would interlink between episodes. And Joss Whedon does an exceptional job between the two series.

This episode was so beautiful esp for Angel and Buffy fans as they finally get way through the episode i really thought it was too good to be true and thought it has to be a dream. The last few moments of I Will Remember You were heartbreaking to watch. I never felt so emotionaly it was terrible and the worst thing is that because it all happened in the last few mins of the episode the sadness sticks with felt so drained.

I was so scared to watch the episode again. And at one stage i felt really pissed with Joss Whedon.. i mean everyone longs for these two to get together and then the second they finally make it they get ripped apart. Not fair.

I think Joss needs to call up david boreanaz and sarah michelle gellar and ask to do a sequel to make it much clearly to the fans how Buffy loved Angel more than Spike.

• Angel's immediate return from Sunnydale left fans with the question, Will Buffy come to LA? From Angel becoming a human to a reconciliation between the star crossed lovers. I will remember you leaves the viewer pleased with the on going events until its d

With Angel coming back from his predecessor's home town. The Slayer comes to LA with unanswered questions. With the premise of unfulfilled hope it leaves the show to have the potential that Buffy and Angel fans all over the world wanted reconciliation between the doomed lovers. But in this Whedonesque style the memory of it all would be limited to one hero. With a moving performance by David Boreanez and his co-star Sarah Michelle Gellar it leaves the fans wanting more but like there relationship all you will be left with is honorable irony to these characters.
  • Buffy comes to LA...And offcourse things won't go like planned. Angels becomes human and the lovers now have a chance to be together. But the question is, does it last long?

I adore this episode and after watching it a couple dozen times I could quote the final scenes. I think I actually cried during the "I'll never forget"-scene. This was just what the B/A fans needed. Especially since they never really get together after this. So, this was one of the best Angel-episodes of all the seasons.
  • What could life be like for Buffy and Angel if he were human?

The answer is pretty darn amazing! Buffy comes to town to tell off Angel for coming to Sunnydale to help her in a battle and never telling her he was there. The two end up tracking down a demon and when it's blood gets on Angel it restores him to human form. Not sure what this turn of events means Buffy and Angel sit in his kitchen in an uncomfortable silence. Meanwhile, upstairs Cordelia explains to Doyle how B&A have the forbidden love of all time and she's sure they are getting it on now that they can. And after a discussion of taking things slowly Buffy and Angel succomb to passion and make love. Yeah!!! It was a long time coming for fans of this couple. Knowing this time Angel wasn't going to go all Angelus on us. The scenes were sweet and sexy. Just perfect to this B&A fan.

We later discover that another similar demon is around so Angel goes off on his own to fight it. Having lost his vampire strength Angel is merely mortal and beaten badly until Buffy comes along and saves him. Angel hates the idea of having lost his ability to fight the good fight and help people. He visits TPTB and discovers the apocolypse will come and he will be helpless to help Buffy in the fight unless he gives up his newly acquired mortal life with her. He decides to give up his happiness for the greater good of the world. As time runs down Angel explains to Buffy what must be done kissing her one last time before her memory of their time together is completely erased. Only Angel will carry the memory of their time together.

The episode was humorous, action packed, sexy and heart wrenching all at once. Exactly what you come to expect from the brilliant Joss Whedon. I know in my heart if given more time Buffy would've remembered and she would've returned to confront Angel again with even sweeter results...
  • by far the saddest and most heart wrenching episode of angel...

Buffy comes to L.A. to confront Angel about coming to Sunnydale and just watching her, no contact. They end up fighting a demon that inadventently turns Angel human. The whole fantasty about Angel turning human and them being together is realized but only for a short while, until Angel finds out he's useless to the war w/o his vampire powers.. he asks the powers that be to reverse everything, so they decide to take back the day, and he has to stop the demon from turning him human. The entire, watchin Angel eat food, and watching him and Buffy interact was great. The tears start swelling when Buffy freaks out and says there isn't enough time.. But I started bawling when Angel started crying.. this episode gets me EVERY TIME.
  • I classified it as PAINFUL TO WATCH...not becuase I hate it...I am truly in love with this episode, it's because it hurted me and touched me so much. "I will Always Remember" is truly a winning episode, but also heartbreaking to those Buffy fans (like me)

I'm a Buffy fan, and where I live, the Angel series have a certain time w here it restarted from season one. I have to admit that I felt Angel pretty boring compared to my fave series, Buffy...but then Buffy appeared in this episode. And you could I imagine me feeling ever so happy, I LOVE Buffy the Vamp slayer =P. And as all fans of Buffy and a begining-to-become-a-fan of Angel, truly felt happy for the two superstars to finally have a day to, just be together. But then Angel sacrificed being with her Because he knew that this would just kill Buffy. And his love for Buffy is far more than just being with her, it's watching her live, letting her do what she does best without slowing her down. And he told the oracles to turn back time, back to 24 hours ago, meaning Buffy won't remember a thing.

And that last scene of Buffy and Angel in each other's arms. And Buffy gazing into Angel's eyes, her eyes wide and soaking with tears, told Angel that she can NEVER forget him..."I felt your heartbeating"...she kept repeating that and repeating, then time went back, and Buffy was in the middle of her sentence saying that they should seperate for a while so they would f o r g e t. And that's where it bites. Angel has to carry this burden, this wonderful day, by himself.

The thing i'm sorta pissed at is that David(ANGEL) said that if they were asked to have another series of Angel, he wouldn't do it because he wants to move on...i get the moving on part..but comon', taking part in both Buffy and Angel must have changed his life somehow. I know mine did.

I spent the whole night thinking "WHY? they were finally together" what sort of angered me was that Buffy never found out...never. It would just have been nice that IF..and only If, although I know there will never be, another Buffy or Angel series, that Buffy will find out... The song "Close your Eyes.." Evrything was hearttorning...But it was a wonderful bittersweet ending of Buffy and Angel's first reunion.

• The best episode I have ever seen.

The first crossover of the series, Buffy comes to visit to berate Angel but she ends up getting the man she always wanted when Angel is turned human. The one thing that HE'S always wanted, so both people get what they want, they can spend the rest of the lives together right?

...Wrong, because evil's still afoot in Los Angeles and Angel decides to pick fighting evil rather than spending the rest of his life with the woman he loves. The two spend the night together and Angel feels perfect happyness without turning evil. But due to the Morra demon returning, Angel's lack of strength and even more evil on it's way Angel decides that he'd be better as a Vampire.

After convincing the Powers That Be to turn back time, he let's Buffy walk out of his life and even though Angel lost the one thing he truly loved, he has the perfect day in his mind forever.
  • I love this episode! I never liked Angel or Buffy till a friend introduced it to me and that was the first episode he showed me! It only makes me angry that Buffy and Angel aren't together! they are perfect.. but its not in the cards i guess!:(

So i would definetly give this episode a 10! Buffy and Angel are the most tangled up couple i have ever seen. They love eachother and its obvious but they can't be together! It's not the right times and its not in the cards for them! It obviouse there will always be something there between them no matter what! This was by far the saddest most heart aching episode i have ever seen! I wanted to cry!
  • WOW, just WOW.....

This is the best episode of the season.
    Buffy comes to LA to see her dad but stops by to see Angel. While Buffy and Angel go looking for a demon Angel gets infected with it's blood and it makes him human. Angel and Buffy are as happy as anyone can get. They even do the deed. Then Angel learns that Buffy will die if he stays human. You see with him being human he wont be able to fight, and Buffy will die saving him. So angel sacrifices his humanity to safe his beloved Buffy. TPTB tell him that the time will rewind and he is the only one who will remember everything. So Angel goes home to tell Buffy the bad news. They hold eachother and Buffy cries and pleads him to take it back. They say they love eachother and then the time goes back till when Buffy first arrived in LA. Angel kills the demon without getting its blood on him.
    Truely the best episode of the season. Sarah and David are wonderful and do an extraordinary job. such an "Angel" classic.
  • Favorite episode, hands down.

Having just gotten into Buffy and Angel and every or nearly every episode in very quick succession, the fact that this episode, from a season where the show was trying to establish itself as separate from its parent, remains my favorite episode of both shows is a testimate to its writing and acting. The standout being Sara Michelle Gellar, who I can say plays hurt the best of almost any actress I'v ever seen. Whenever I see this episode I'm sad for the rest of the day because of her performance. The fact that one episode of a fantasy/horror/whatever show can have that much emotional impact on a man is testiment to its quality.
  • Angel is human after contact with a demon's blood. Buffy is in town and naturally the first thing that happens is they are back together in no time flat. Angel as a human is not a good demon fighter, and chooses to go back in time and undo the day

When I saw this episode I was all tears the whole time and I am not the crying type. I just knew things wouldn't work out between my favorite couple, but I wanted to believe it so much. This is hands down my favorite episode in the Buffyverse. It was so real, so raw so full of everything. While the circumstances don't exactly happen every day, it felt as if it could and it was like any other relationship in its realism.

This is also the episode that I have watched the most out of any Angel/Buffy and I have seen each more than 3 times most likely (with the exception of the series' finales which also get me teary). It just encapulates everything both Buffy and Angel stand for and their true feelings. No matter who they are with, they are really always with each other.
  • Incredibly sad episode

This was such an amazing episode Anyone who is a true Buffy Angel shipper had to love this.

Buffy coming to see Angel after he visited without telling her was something everyone expected but not something everyone thought would be so amazing. It is such a series classic because Angel was human for a day and experienced perfect happiness with Buffy.

It was so amazing to see how Angel dealt with the reality of being human and not having his normal vampire strength. He still wanted to protect the woman he loved even without his super strength and that made this such a special episode. This brought our character into a brighter light and literally too.

The way that the writers made this play out was incredible. They made all of the viewers wish for the happy ending that they would never get because it's Buffy and Angel.

This was so amazing and not just because of Angel being human and Sarah Michelle Gellar being in the episode it was amazing to see how everyone reacted to the situation.

Cordelia almost found herself out of the job and she was played out like our classic Cordy feeling sorry for herself and Doyle being happy for his friend.

This was a different kind of episode, one that we don't usually see but the story was perfect and it made me cry. It leaves you wishing for the happy ending that as I said didn't happen
  • Angel turns human and he and Buffy spend time together

One of the best episodes on the show. Also one of the saddest.
    It\'s a shame they couldn\'t be together. The whole reason Angel turned back the day was to prevent Buffy from dying. That happened a little over a year later anyway. If you think about it Xander didn\'t have any special abilities and Buffy manages to save his butt as well as hers time and time again. Angel would have just needed to work out and bulk up a bit and he would have been fine. It was just a lame excuse so that Joss could keep them apart.
  • This is absolutely the best episode of the show. I recommend this to anyone who likes TV.

Here's out it is : Following the BtVS episode "Pangs" (4x8) Angel returns from Sunnydale, having prevented the vision Doyle had in the previous episode of Buffy in trouble and thought he had kept his visit a secret from Buffy, despite being found out by about everyone else. Buffy shows up in Los Angeles and confronts him about it. Their reunion is disrupted by a demon, that Angel & Buffy team up to kill and in the process, Angel gets tainted and becomes human. This allows Angel & Buffy to be together and live the perfect day. However, upon trying to refight the demon (who regenerated), Angel finds that without his vampire strength & skills, he is no match for the demon and needs to be rescued by Buffy, who kills it but not before the demon tells Angel that the End of Days has begun. Angel goes to the Oracles, who agree to make him a vampire again by essentially eliminating the day from everyone's mind, except Angels. The end of the episode has the previous day starting over again, with Buffy first arriving at Angel's, with no recollection that for 24 hours, they were happily in love together.

Are you kidding me. This is the first time we see get to see Buffy & Angel actually together, since he left Sunnydale. And now, through a twist of fate, Angel becomes human and the reason he leaves Buffy & Sunnydale is now gone allowing him and Buffy to truly "be together" ... both as humans. From the moment Angel walks out on the beach in the sunlight and grabs Buffy & kisses her ... as a fan, you had to love it. But in typical Buffy-verse fashion, you can never be too happy for too long. Just as quickly as we hear the wedding bells in the distance, Angel is forced, not only to choose to give up this life to become a vampire and help save the world, but just to add to the man's torment, he will be the only one who remembers it. Talk about harsh. The scene where Angel explains this choice to Buffy will rip your heart out, throw it on the floor, and dance a two-step on it. We finally see our two heroes together ... as it should be, only to have it flutter away just as quickly. Believe me, this is the one episode of both shows you must not miss.
  • This is the best episode in the Buffyverse!!!

This episode is the best episode in the Buffyverse!!! Everything worked in this episode. The writting was wonderful. The new sets were amazing (I really love the place where the oricles live, that infinit hallway makes them seem so powerful. And their costumes and skin are perfect. Their skin makes them human enough to not think they're demons, but not human enough to make you understand they are on a higher level than us).

The way that Buffy and Angel's love story climaxes here (for I think this is the highest point of their relationship. Within the two series they don't see much more of each other and they never hit this point.) is just amazing.

The scene when Angel tells Buffy that this is the end of him as a human, and they both cry, it is amazing!!!
  • The first great "Angel" episode. And it was painful for us Buffy-Angel fans to watch.

“I Will Remember You” was the first great ANGEL episode. It showed why the Buffy-Angel relationship would never work. Buffy shows up in LA to confront Angel about his recent visit to her in Sunnydale in the previous BUFFY episode, “Pangs”. She was upset with him because he was in Sunnydale and kept his being there a secret and because they had agreed to stay out of each other’s lives. But before they can discuss anything, they are attacked by a demon. They then hunt the demon, and after battling it again, its blood turns Angel human. With Angel human, they finally are able to be with each other. They are finally able to have a perfect day with each other. But, while battling the demon, he puts Buffy and himself in more danger than before. Their relationship soon becomes tragic once more. Angel realizes that if he remains human it could get Buffy killed trying to protect him. He makes a visit to the Oracles and persuades them to reverse time so he can once again become the hero that he needs to be. And they agree, after Angel gives them his watch as a gift. He then returns to Buffy and tells her about his decision. And the final scene, where Buffy begins to cry and proclaim that there isn’t enough time and they embrace each other, is a tearjerker. Angel is the only one that has the knowledge of his sacrifice, and perhaps it is a driving force behind his darker and moody state that follows him throughout the series run.
    The secondary story line of Cordy and Doyle’s comedic banter is a perfect fit with the tragedy of Angel and Buffy’s relationship.
  • Classic Forbidden Angel/Buffy Love

This is probably one of my favorite episodes of the Buffy/Angel Universe. It shows what could happen if Angel wins his redemption. I was a huge fan of the Buffy and Angel romance, and this episode made me cry. They had been through so much together and Angel had to give it all up. I'm with Doyle, in the next episode titled "Hero", he says something to the effect of, "You had the one thing (you wanted most) in your unnaturally long life and you gave it back?!" The kicker of it all is that Angel has to carry around the memory of that lost day when Buffy doesn't. Couldn't they have stricken his memory too? Well, I guess he wouldn't remember how to properly kill the demon then. This is one of my favorite Angel episodes. But then again, it's always good to see Buffy and Angel together.
  • What if...

Watching all five Angel seasons, I must say that this was the only really memorable episode. It was just amazing how it was explored what Buffy and Angel could have if only there weren't their destinies in the way.
    And in the end it was so sad to see that Angel chooses to be immortal and a Champion again - still no comparison to how sad it was to see Buffy like that. That scene is one of the saddest ever!
    Anway, it's a truly great episode and I could watch it over and over again, even if I have to cry every single time...
  • The ultimate Buffy and Angel episode. Truly excellent

Best episode ever! "I Will Remember You" symbolises Buffy and Angel's perfect reality and explores a story that I and many other fans have always wanted to see: What if Angel was human? We get our answer with this episode and for me, it's exactly how I imagined it. Buffy and Angel together and happy at last. The only problem I have with this episode is Angel's reason for turnig back time. I think this was done purely so Angel, as a series could continue. Angel's last scene as a human is heartbreaking with Buffy telling him "I'll never forget" over and over again. It was such a beautiful episode but one that leaves you with the question: What if Angel had stayed human? Christophe Beck's "Close Your Eyes" was fantastic to hear again in this perfect Buffy/Angel love story.
  • A classic "Buffy and Angel" episode.

This was my all time favorite episode from both Angel and Buffy. Buffy comes to LA after Angel's secretive visit. After a fight with a demon, Angel is mysteriously turned human. Angel spends a wonderful day with Buffy but throws it all away to safe the world. I really love this episode because it shows what could have been. It made me realize that Angel is willing to change the world to keep Buffy safee than have her at all. Sarah Michelle Gellar's acting was superior. The scene minutes before time was reverse made me cry. I thought it was so heartfelt and when Buffy held on to Angel made me bawl even more. Overall, this episode gets a ten, for the storyline, the acting, and the scene before time was reversed. Buffy and Angel forever.
  • Tearjerker doesn't cover it.

I'm 19 and even I'll admit it, I have never cried over a TV show, let alone an episode, than Angel and this episode. Seeing Angel give up what he most wanted for the good of the world was the greatest lesson I'v eever born witness to. The music was brilliant, the relationship between Buffy and Angel was as brilliant as ever, and seeing the Oracles and their actions were truly heart-moving. I don't care how I come across when I say this, this is the most moving episode of TV I've ever seen, and the second is the last ever episode. I saw that episode before my Green belt grading for Karate, went out and got Merit it amped me up so much.

Back to this episode though. This was fantastic, it should have won awards galore. Seeing the two lead characters, reduced to tears when normally they are so strong, and to see that yet again they have to put aside their own wishes and desires in order to keep fighting the good fight was fantastic. I hope it moves you the way it moved me.
  • What if Buffy could be with Angel?

The episode is mostly depressing because of the end when Angel tells Buffy about the day coming back. It’s so sad to say goodbye, especially for Angel who will be the only one to remember that day. When the time goes back Buffy is standing at the same moment when she arrived and tells him to not see her again, also the Mora demon attacks then and Angel kills it.
    ‘I Will Remember You’ is a beautiful episode with a terrific and sad ending. But the weak side is that both characters should have developed and this episode didn’t help with that.
  • Angel and buffy get their wish.

This episode had me hooked within the first couple of minutes. Buffy shows up in L.A. (continuation from BtVS) and means to tell Angel off for lurking around Sunnydale. She doesnt get far when they are attacked in Angels office by a demon. They end up chasing the demon and Angels mixes his blood with it. In a shocking twist, Angel has become mortal. What is the first thing he wants to do? Yeah you guessed it. He meets up with Buffy at the beach, and in one of my favorite scenes of alltime..he walks out into the sunlight and sweeps Buffy in for a kiss. You can pretty much guess how the next few scenes go so I wont write it down. We find out from the oracles that Angel is indeed mortal and is released from his duties of atonement. We also find out that being mortal is a big change for Angel who can barely fight or stand the smell of blood now. Long story short? Angel finds out that if he stays mortal, then Buffy will die. He makes a deal with the oracles to take back the day he spent as mortal and he alone will carry the memory of it. It truly broke my heart for those last few moments he got to spend with Buffy as human. Joss knows how to grab your heart and then crush it. :'(
  • Buffy and Angel together are soooo cute! Isn't that sad??

This episode is definetly one of my favorites in Season 1. I`m not a big Buffy fan, but both actors together are so great to watch.

And Cordelia was so funny talking about having an umbrella because Angel came in on the front door ad only clever Doyle knows in a second that he's alive.

David Boreanaz did so well playing the confused Angel who didn't know what to do next and if this was for real!

And then at the end...it was sooooo sad, seeing both of them standing there, kissing, watching at that damn clock which is ticking and the last minute is gone.

Then brooding Angel again after he has lost Buffy, because couldn't tell her the truth.

So sad, but such a great episode! And we know there are more like that to come!
  • In Sunnydale the Angel keep them Buffy alive.In the office,it reveals his newfound humanity Doyle and Corde.Then,Doyle discover in his new vision the Morra Demon has regenerated itself and is more powerful than before.That only Buffy can kill him.

These episode is a fine example what love,friendship,and unity cycles in the scene to discover and fight the so cold Morra Demon.It was discover,by Doyle in his new vision that it regenerated itself and is more powerful than before.What keep asking me in these episode is,Why is Angel wants to turn in backtime for last 24 hours?Then,something shooked me up when Angel and Buffy conversation again before the time get back they show their true feelings and what they thinking of to each other that will never fade .That shall be remember through their past event ,love ,sacrifice to fight with vampires and demon.As a fan,I curiously waited and watch these fine example what a love can did and how significantly it change a people because of love and good moments to remember.
  • After Angel helps Buffy fight off her Thanksgiving attackers, she comes to L.A. to confront him about keeping his presence from her. Their encounter leads to unbelievable events.

I'm a guy...and I'm a little embarassed to admit that parts of this episode made me cry like a baby. I am a huge mega geeky Buffy/Angel fan. I think that this episode is one of the saddest and most gutwrenching episodes in the run of both Buffy and Angel. The way I see it is...if an episode can make me cry...it's one of the best.
  • You people are just plain mean!!! I can't remember a TV show ever making me cry this much!!

There's not much point in me writing a big detailed review of this ep, as most fans'll have already seen it seeing as it did actually air in, like, 1999. But still, I've seen it a million times and it still always makes me cry like a little girl. I mean come on. Angel becomes human and he and Buffy get back together. Most of us fans have been holding out for that forever!! And then it is cruelly taken away from us at the end of the episode!
    Okay, in retrospect, if A and B had stayed together and A had stayed human, then we would have been denied five years of an excellent show, but this was still such a sad episode!!! The secene at the end where Angal tells Buffy that he's turned the clock back was so sad that I had to change the channel!! And I didn't even cry when Fred died!!!
    Evil Joss Whedon, just evil. But very very good.
  • A Breath of Fresh Air!

I Will Remember You-Buffy arrives in L.A., furious that Angel did not tell her that he was in Sunnydale. While they are talking, they are attacked by a Mohra demon, and some of its blood gets onto Angel. After a brief hunt, they kill the demon, but its blood is having a strange effect on Angel. He feels short of breath, dizzy, and disoriented, and then suddenly his heart begins to beat. Now fully human, Angel must decide how this will affect his relationship with Buffy and whether or not he can still be a Champion.

Okay, this episode may seem like the writers just making a sappy episode for fans who miss Buffy and Angel's relationship, but it's certainly so much more. Sarah Michelle Gellar makes a splash onto the Angel scene and her presence on her former co-star's series doesn't feel out of place like most would think. Both Sarah and David give amazing performances as the forbidden lovers who yearn to be with each other but can't. But the plot thickens when after killing the demon and Angel becomes human. David plays his need found humanity so convincingly and his humanity itself brings a lot of questions. Is Angel turly redeemed? Can he truly live as a mortal while others are suffering? But does all of that really matter, all he's ever wanted was to be with Buffy and the moments where the 2 of them are together is loving bliss are beautiful. Angel's humanity also effects Doyle and Cordelia especailly who is hilariously frustrated that she's now unemployed. But of course, you knew he would be a vampire again in the end. But still, the heartbreaking ending where Angel and Buffy have only seconds til' the day rewinds is so powerful with Sarad and David's performances bringing tears to your eyes. To make it even worse is how Angel alone knows what happened that day and everyone forgets with Buffy just leaving his doorstep not knowing if she'll ever return. All and All, a classic episode for good reason with a great plot and heavy hitting performances from David and Sarah.
  • Buffy and Angel...

I don't understand how anyone could give this episode less than a 10.

Buffy comes to L.A after she finds out that he had visited her in Sunnydale and didn't even tell her. SHe planned on yelling at him and thenleaving, only to be stopped by a demon who came to play. The two go out a search for it, while having awkward converations and silence. Angel finds the demon in the sewer and kills it, but not before getting it's blood on him. With that Angel becomes human. He craves food, get's sunlight, and everything is like new. He then realizes he can be with Buffy and sets off to find her. They are together for a whole day and they are happier than they thought they could be. Then Angel realizes he can't be Regular Joe with Buffy and somewhat reluctantly gets the Powers That Be to turn the clock back 24 hours so that none of it never happened. Only he would remember, no one else. It is so heart wrenching at the end when him and Buffy have only a few minutes left. Definately a must- see there are funny parts, sad parts, and just great parts. WATCH!
  • How can I not love this with all my heart.

You know when you watch a show that you love but then there's that speacial episode that forever touches your heart? Well folks, for me, this is it. I love this episode even though at the same time it upsets me. The concept of the episode is awesome. Angel human, for a whole day. Getting everything he wants. And eventually giving it all back so that Buffy will live just a little longer. This episode is easily in the top ten Angel episodes that's for sure. The ironic thing is, Angel was turned back into a vampire so that Buffy wouldn't die, but low and behold she died a year and a half later. If I were him I would be pissed. I love the concept that he alone is the one that will carry the memory of the day. I've always felt that he was never quite the same when it came to Buffy after that. I think maybe he was bitter and that's why he wasn't more receptive to her when she came in Sanctuary. Of course, I could be overthinking things a little but, I have a tendency to do that. Anyway. The end kills me, I've yet to watch the episode and not cry. I'm a big sap like that. If you haven't seen it, you need to.
< 1 2 3