Angel

I Will Remember You

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 23, 1999 on The WB

• I Will Remember You

I Will Remember You was a perfect episode of Angel. This episode was awesome because Buffy came to town after Angel had been back to Sunnydale with out telling her. Buffy had some really great lines and scenes. I liked when she called the Demon a Mutant Ninja Demon Thing. This was a very good and interesting story which introduced us to The Oracles, who work for The Powers That Be. They played their parts very well. I also thought it was neat to see Buffy and Angel get at least one day as a normal couple. This episode really builds upon Angels Character. He is becoming a True Hero. I can't wait to watch what happens in the next episode!!!!!!!
  • Angel touches a demons blood that turns him human and Buffy just happens to pay a visit around the same time!

Loved it! I know it's a different show but I still miss the characters from Buffy sometimes. So I was real happy to see Buffy herself, even though shes in no way one of my favorite characters. The chemistry between David (Angel) and Sarah (Buffy) is always great to see. They always work really well together. Whether it's to make the audience laugh or cry they normally always manage it. Cordelia and Doyle's moments were really good too, even though they really didn't have much screen time.
    This episode made me cry the first time I seen it, Ive seen it a lot of times since but never as sad as the first. Just another great episode from the first season.
  • Buffy visits Angel to confront him about his visit to Sunnydale. A demon is killed and Angel becomes human, it wasn't long after Buffy and Angel were in each other's arms once again. Now Angel decides between his true love or his calling.

This was by far the best ep, the best TV kiss, connection and chemestry I've seen on television. This ep stands out within both shows and will be in my top five best moments of Buffy/Angel, or TV in general. Buffy and Angel are truely meant to be. I cryed, I laughed, I got angry lol! The performances and the writing in this ep were both very moving. I was instintly sucked in and was left in aw for the entire episode. The ending was so bitter sweet. Its amazing what Angel will sacrafice to protect the love of his life.
  • The first best episode of season one

Buffy arrives in LA and shouts at Angel for hiding from her during the whole Pangs Incident in season four. that's gratitude for you isn't it? suddenly a demon bursts in, and then runs off again. the pair go after it and Angel touches some blood. Afterwards he turns human - yep, just like that. this delights Buffy but worries Cordy and Doyle.

buffy and angel spend a day nekidd in bed but doyles concern prompts him and angel to go and see the oracles. pompous and obnixious they tell him to bugger off basically. angel is then wounded and the reality of being human dawns on him. he sacrifices true happiness and time turns back. angel and buffy meet again but she doesn't stay, coz she doesnt remember anything, but angel does.

very upsetting and very emotional this is one of the best episodes of Angel. SMG is a good guest star its a shame she wasn't in Season Five.
  • The second part of a Buffy Angel Crossover event.

Absolutely heartwrenching. The end scene, where Buffy and Angel have only a minute left... I cry no matter how many times I have watched it.
    This episode is a classic example of why the BuffyVerse is so amazing. The characters are so real that you actually get attatched to them, and that means the writers and directors are doing their jobs superbly.
    The only question the episode raised was when Angel became briefly human. Regardless of no longer being a vampire, he still remains under the curse. Wouldn't a moment of happiness result in the loss of his soul, leaving him a psychopathic killer of some sort? Just a curiousity.
    Absolutely worth a watch.
  • Buffy visits Angel. While talking they're attacked by a Demon, Angel fights it. In the fight the Demons blood mixes with Angel's making him human. He and Buffy can have a relationship but He is a liability and chooses to revert back to protect Buffy

A fantastic episode. It really ties in with the Buffy episode 'Pangs'. I loved absolutely every minute of it, it was so sad but so great at the same time. In this episode you can see a really honest side of Angel. He gets to have the love of his life back, with no consequences but chooses her safety over his own happiness. This really shows what Angel is all about, the sacrifice, the greater good. The plot is great for the episode, tying in with Buffy and Angel's love really well. The stunts were good and the whole episode was really well done. This will always be one of my favourites, it's one not to be missed.
  • The episode that will cause Bangel fans everywhere to go "ZOMG BUFFY AND ANGEL FOREVA". But not me.

I Will Remember You is a Bangel shipper's dream. Until about 35 minutes in when Angel asks to be a vampire again. I was never a huge Bangel fan. I found them to be WAY over-dramatic and to be frank, annoying. Uber annoying. While I like Buffy and Angel as characters, they're just badness together. Buffy gets all whiny and Angel gets all soppy and broody and I get all vomity. But aside from that, this is a great episode.

I do like this episode. It's a "what-could-have-been" thing and it is probably one of the better episodes of the season. Cordelia was hilarious as always and the last scene WAS heartbreaking as they were in so much pain. The Oracles were good as was Mohra. What wasn't good was the whole ice-cream in bed scene which made me puke all over my TV screen. They were sickening ¬_¬. IWRY was a great episode but as a Cangel/Spuffy fan I'm never going to fully love it.

Line of the episode:

Cordelia: They'll be at it for a while, we'll have time for a cappucino and probably the directors cut of Titanic.
  • The ultimate episode for Bangel shippers. But unfortunately not for me.

My opinion of IWRY is a little divided. The plot itself is quite intriguing.
    Angel gets a chance to be human by being infected accidentally with demon blood and now he is having a chance of living out his natural life. This chance is happening as Buffy pays him an unexpected visit (IWRY is the follow-up to the Buffy episode "Pangs"). Unfortunately in order to live happily ever after with Buffy, Angel cannot fight as champion for The Powers that Be any longer.
    Tough choice - Buffy or fighting the good fight?
    We all know how that one ended.

My problem with episode comes from my intense dislike of the Bangel relationship. I feel like barfing when I see those two together, because I think that Buffy and Angel have no chemistry at all, or rather David Boreanaz and Sarah Michelle Gellar. I hate it when they look at each other with all this supposedly smoldering looks and quivering lips. It seems so faked!!! And what is even worse, once again Buffy makes Angel looks like a lovesick puppy who is not being capable to have any coherent thoughts. Argh!!! If it weren't for a strong story I would give this episode a 2 simply for the Bangel factor.
  • Buffy comes to town, and Tin Man Angel finally gets a heart.

While watching this episode, I thought to myself, this is the best episode of Angel ever. Then I thought, I have only watched the first eight episodes of a series that lasts for five seasons. Can I really say this is the best episode ever? Then I read on the internet that the Angel magazine did a poll of Angel fans, and this episode was voted the best episode. I hate comparing Angel to Buffy, because the two series are different and can stand on their own, but this episode just begs to be compared with its parent series by actually guest starring Sarah Michelle Gellar. I would venture to say "I Will Remember You" is the greatest episode out of all of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

David Greenwalt accomplishes with this episode what Joss Whedon was unable to in the Buffy episode "Amends" (one of my favorite Buffy episodes): a storyline about sacrifice with a meaningful foundation. A satisfactory story about redemption and sacrifice could not be spun about someone who was (un)dead.

We get major insight into why Angel is always so broody. He cannot enjoy even the little things of life: the taste of peanut butter and chocolate, intimate love, the sun. It is an absolute joy to watch Angel's reaction (and Cordelia's response about chocolate going to the hips) when he becomes a real boy and can taste food once again. Kudos to the writers for not having Angel and Buffy jump into bed with each other the second Angel becomes human (although it does eventually happen).

This episode had it all: a powerful theme about sacrifice, gut wrenching emotions, and fast-paced plot. The plot which included a truly menacing foe easily could have been the plot of a feature film or a two-part episode, but squishing it to fit in one television episode makes for one of the most fast-paced episodes of television ever. And did I mention that this episode was powerful emotionally?

Greenwalt and his writing partner for this episode consistently served up the unexpected. When Angel first started feeling side effects from the demon's blood, I thought he would either get deathly sick and Buffy would have to do something heroic to save him, or he would get an "aspect of the demon" like Buffy did in the Buffy episode "Earshot". Either would have provided a solid and probably humorous nevertheless mediocre episode. Instead Angel becomes human--something I never expected. "But then the rest of the episode was predictable. There had to be a reset button, so Angel could be vampire again," the cynic complains. Well, I am sorry if anyone feels that way, because it was not so for me. Why could the series have not continued with Angel as a human? There are other fictional, human vampire hunters. For example, Van Helsing. When I saw David Greenwalt as the writer in the opening credit, I was prepared for just such a twist in the series. Greenwalt was the showrunner. He was the one in charge of the direction of the series, and he was the one who would have had the ability to make just such a twist in the series.

The introduction of the oracles in this episode further deepens the beautiful mythology around vampires in the Whedonverse (which seems to be slowly slipping away in Buffy). I do wonder why Doyle, who has been a demon for a lot less time than Angel, knows more about demon society like the oracles and such. Every episode I have ever seen of a television series that backed up time to reverse the events of the entire episode (including Buffy episode "The Wish"), turned out bad...until now. The "reset button" in this episode was the anti-"reset button." It was a symbol of ultimate sacrifice rather than the resolution to the episode's complication.

I believe Angel works great as a standalone series. It does not need Buffy to lean on. I guess that is why it is the most surprising that a crossover episode earned the right to be the best episode ever. Interestingly, David Boreanaz was hesitant to even do this episode and the episode of Buffy right before it, because he wanted his new series to be able to stand on its own. I do not think the episode leans on the fact that it is a crossover. In actuality, the events of the first three seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Buffy and Angel's romance provide a back story with true depth that few series have. This episode blows the episode of Buffy that aired the same evening guest starring David Boreanaz out of the water earning the only 10 out of 10 I have ever awarded a Buffy or Angel episode. -Matthew Miller
    Find this review and more at tv.swingthesickle.com
  • One of my favorite Angel episodes of all time! Buffy and Angel finally find true happiness without any consequences. That is, until Angel realizes that it cannot last forever. (contains spoilers)

This is one of my favorite episodes. It gets high marks right away from me for it being a Buffy and Angel episode, and even more for its crossover status between the two shows. The episode on Buffy before this was okay, the Angel parts being the only thing that kept it afloat, but this episode is one of the best in either show. Buffy comes to LA to visit her father, but also to see Angel and "tell him to stop seeing her." They argue about it for a little; Angel steadfast in his decision that leaving was the best idea, and Buffy still heartbroken over it. However, things change when they fight a Mora demon and Angel's cut is infected with its blood. What happens? Only the most impossible thing ever: Angel is turned human. Buffy and Angel try to avoid being together, but inevitably they can't. They spend a long blissful day together in perfect happiness. These are amazing Buffy/Angel moments! Finally, Angel comes to the realization that his being human will harm or kill either Buffy, him, or those they were sworn to protect. So, he decides that he must do the even more impossible: give up being a human. The only catch? He will be the only one who remembers the perfect day. In a heartbreaking conclusion Buffy insists that she will never forget their day and the rewind of the day occurs, leaving Angel to be the only day to remember the heartbreaking perfection of that day.
  • Without question one of the finest written episodes of Angel, and the relationship between the slayer and the vampire with a soul.

This episode epitomizes the epic love shared between Buffy and Angel. Regardless of whether your male or female, any diehard Buffy fans will not be able to help their heart strings pulled. Buffy and Angel finally have exactly what they want, but in order to keep his Buffy and the world safe, Angel visits the oracles turning back the clock to erase the perfect day. Only Angel will carry the memory and the pain of knowing what he has lost. Additionally, the stage is set the stage for "Hero", where Doyle finds he, too, is the real deal when his heroism is tested.
  • I really enjoyed this episode because it gives Buffy and Angel hope.

So, here's the deal. Buffy and Angel love each other, right? But, they both know they can never be together. You know, vampire+slayer? The love they feel is precisely the thing that causes them pain. Therefore, they stay away from each other, which causes them more pain. Buffy and Angel's very lives are open wounds which time doesn't heal. And there is no hope for change, no hope for the future. Angel's dark and brooding manner reflects that he knows his life can never be all he wants. It made my heart ache to see the helpless, hopeless resignation and determination with which Angel goes about his afterlife, with only a memory of his one single moment of perfect happiness to sustain him.

And then this episode happens. Angel does a blood transfusion thing with a Mohra demon, and next thing you know, he's full-on human. Sunshine and chocolate; heartbeats; backaches; LIFE. An unknown future. But he and Buffy can finally be all they want to and for each other. They can love and live together; fight and strive together; grow old and die together. The barrier is gone; all is changed. But that same change brings a different pain. Buffy and Angel can finally live normal human lives together, but therein lies the problem -- they aren't normal humans. Buffy is still the slayer. The world is still in danger. And Angel's transformation will only increase the chances that one or both of them will die. soon. and badly. So Angel makes what has to be a terrible choice. to give up his life -- his newfound, precious life -- for Buffy. for the world the Slayer protects. For the lives the Vampire can save; for the greater good. Once again, the barrier falls between Angel and his heart; once again, the pain of un-lived love; once again, the darkness returns. Even Buffy's memory of their few steps into the sunlight is gone.

But wait! Angel retains his memory. and forever after, he has hope. That one day, Buffy will be able to step back from the front lines. That one day, a Mohra demon somewhere will be hunted again by a Vampire and a Slayer. and from that trip, two humans will return. That one day, when the race is done and fight is won, the reward for victory can finally be claimed. Buffy and Angel CAN BE TOGETHER, and Angel knows the way. How's that for hope?
  • How can I not love this with all my heart.

You know when you watch a show that you love but then there's that speacial episode that forever touches your heart? Well folks, for me, this is it. I love this episode even though at the same time it upsets me. The concept of the episode is awesome. Angel human, for a whole day. Getting everything he wants. And eventually giving it all back so that Buffy will live just a little longer. This episode is easily in the top ten Angel episodes that's for sure. The ironic thing is, Angel was turned back into a vampire so that Buffy wouldn't die, but low and behold she died a year and a half later. If I were him I would be pissed. I love the concept that he alone is the one that will carry the memory of the day. I've always felt that he was never quite the same when it came to Buffy after that. I think maybe he was bitter and that's why he wasn't more receptive to her when she came in Sanctuary. Of course, I could be overthinking things a little but, I have a tendency to do that. Anyway. The end kills me, I've yet to watch the episode and not cry. I'm a big sap like that. If you haven't seen it, you need to.
  • Buffy and Angel...

I don't understand how anyone could give this episode less than a 10.

Buffy comes to L.A after she finds out that he had visited her in Sunnydale and didn't even tell her. SHe planned on yelling at him and thenleaving, only to be stopped by a demon who came to play. The two go out a search for it, while having awkward converations and silence. Angel finds the demon in the sewer and kills it, but not before getting it's blood on him. With that Angel becomes human. He craves food, get's sunlight, and everything is like new. He then realizes he can be with Buffy and sets off to find her. They are together for a whole day and they are happier than they thought they could be. Then Angel realizes he can't be Regular Joe with Buffy and somewhat reluctantly gets the Powers That Be to turn the clock back 24 hours so that none of it never happened. Only he would remember, no one else. It is so heart wrenching at the end when him and Buffy have only a few minutes left. Definately a must- see there are funny parts, sad parts, and just great parts. WATCH!
  • A Breath of Fresh Air!

I Will Remember You-Buffy arrives in L.A., furious that Angel did not tell her that he was in Sunnydale. While they are talking, they are attacked by a Mohra demon, and some of its blood gets onto Angel. After a brief hunt, they kill the demon, but its blood is having a strange effect on Angel. He feels short of breath, dizzy, and disoriented, and then suddenly his heart begins to beat. Now fully human, Angel must decide how this will affect his relationship with Buffy and whether or not he can still be a Champion.

Okay, this episode may seem like the writers just making a sappy episode for fans who miss Buffy and Angel's relationship, but it's certainly so much more. Sarah Michelle Gellar makes a splash onto the Angel scene and her presence on her former co-star's series doesn't feel out of place like most would think. Both Sarah and David give amazing performances as the forbidden lovers who yearn to be with each other but can't. But the plot thickens when after killing the demon and Angel becomes human. David plays his need found humanity so convincingly and his humanity itself brings a lot of questions. Is Angel turly redeemed? Can he truly live as a mortal while others are suffering? But does all of that really matter, all he's ever wanted was to be with Buffy and the moments where the 2 of them are together is loving bliss are beautiful. Angel's humanity also effects Doyle and Cordelia especailly who is hilariously frustrated that she's now unemployed. But of course, you knew he would be a vampire again in the end. But still, the heartbreaking ending where Angel and Buffy have only seconds til' the day rewinds is so powerful with Sarad and David's performances bringing tears to your eyes. To make it even worse is how Angel alone knows what happened that day and everyone forgets with Buffy just leaving his doorstep not knowing if she'll ever return. All and All, a classic episode for good reason with a great plot and heavy hitting performances from David and Sarah.
  • awwww. how cute.

this episode was just too perfect. buffy comes back to see angel to tell him how mad she is about him lurking in the shadows around sunnydale. he ends up becoming human and enjoying some humanly perks. angel discovers food and ice cream which is really funny. he also gets to sleep with buffy without worrying. he is basicly powerless in fighting compared to her since, he was human. after they kill the demon that turned him human angel goes and sees the orcales. angel, being so selfless sacrafices his mortality to save buffy. it is so sweet at the end when he tells her that things are going to go back to normal and they are close as the time runs out. it was so sad as she cried and said she'd never forget. then she did and angel had to remember. that shows how much angel really cared about and loved buffy. great episode.
  • Buffy’s back for a great episode.

Buffy shows up in L.A angry that Angel came to Sunnydale without telling her. Their fighting is interrupted by a demon attack and, as Buffy and Angel pursue the demon, some of the demon’s blood mixes with Angels and turns him human. They spend 24 perfect hours together, but when Angel realises that the cost of being human will be Buffy’s life, he goes to the Oracles and asks to be turned back into his old vampire self. The scene where Angel tells Buffy what he’s done and that she won’t remember anything that has happened was one of the best and most emotional scenes of the whole series and it was really well acted and it certainly sticks in my mind. Part of me wishes that they had a happy ending, but that would have been a cop out and would have ruined one of the best episodes of Angel.
  • aka the one where they almost live happily ever after

One of the draws of the Buffyverse is the entire "doomed-to-never-end-well" love story between Buffy, the vamp slayer and Angel, the ensouled vamp. This episode is just another reminder of that tragedy.

In this episode, Buffy visits LA just as Angel becomes mortal again after he comes in contact with the blood of a Mohra demon. They then spend the rest of the day doing exactly what two people who have longed for each other for so long would do.. make love all day, raid the fridge, make love some more and fall asleep in each others arms.

True to the nature of their story, it doesn't end happily ever after. Thanks to the Oracles and the foretold End of Days, Angel chooses to be what he was in order to "save", if not stand with Buffy in the final fight. Time is reset a day, and arguably one of the greatest days in Bangel history has never been. The last minute before time is reset shows just how much Buffy loves Angel. If you've ever loved someone, you would know just how painful that minute was to B and how that it would never ever be enough.
  • Not great

6.4
    Personally i didn't really like this at all. it's meant to be about angel, and Buffy comes along and is the hero again just becasue she's the slayer. He left sunnydale to get away from her not for her to come to find him. i think it's silly that as soon as he becomes human again him and buffy are at it again, which in don't think was very interesting it was basically a repeat of what happened in Buffy the Vampire Slayer before. Although it did have a small good part where it showed angel being able to do the things he's not normally aloud to do. overall a poor episode!
  • Hey! It's Buffy!

Those wacky visions.

Doyle gets a vision that Buffy might need a little help down Sunnydale way, and indeed, Angel sort of helped. Not, y'know, much, but some. Enough. That is, they did, ultimately, win. And Angel comes home ...

OK, I get it. Joyce pointed out a few realities about Buffy's life. That she needed a chance to become cookies on her own, instead of in the glow of Angel's 60W EZ-Bake. I get it. We all get it. He slunk off into the shadows. And Buffy was fine with that. Until Xander opened his big broad octagon mouth and said Angel had been there.

At which point Buffy flew into a hissy fit, leapt into -- what, she has a car, now? -- and confronted Angel in his office that she knew where to look for him at.

Fine and fair enough. I mean, no vision of this visit, and no vision of the incredibly random Mohra demon attack that actually made Angel useless to the Powers in terms of being their champion. But Buffy comes in, this regenerative, unkillable Mohra bleeds all over everyone and suddenly this demon no one's ever heard of is going to become legion.

Except that he doesn't. I suppose it's easy enough to believe he's simply lying. He's a demon, after all, and they've been known to lie.

But it's worrisome enough to Angel that he tracks down a couple refugees from the Mardi Gras who dismiss him contemptuously and -- here's what's most interesting to me -- release him from his fealty.

No, he didn't "gain his reward" (has that been defined as such at this point?) He's simply not that cool anymore. He's just some guy.

And that's not good enough.

Apparently, the Powers didn't get the damn' memo, and Doyle gets a Vision. Idiot that he is, he goes to Angel with it, and idiot that he is, he doesn't want to bother Buffy with it. Yes! I'll take on the badass Mohra demon! After all, I have no superstrength and I'm mortal now!

And then Cordy keeps it to herself where Angel's gone, and scolds Buffy for wanting to have it all, the Slayer stuff and the great boyfriend and everything.

Um, Pot? Kettle is on line one, something about you being black?

In other words, jealous, much?

Cordy finally tells Buffy where to find Angel's corpse (even though I'm not sure when Doyle told her -- must've been on the way back to the office) and she runs to him, and they fight, and they're both hurt, and they realize with horror that if they don't put things back the way they were, they won't have their own shows.

So using some logic that is as twisted as S4, Angel decides he has to go back to being a vampire. Because otherwise, he might die, or he and Buffy might both die.

But WAIT A MINUTE! Isn't that the freaking point? Even without Liberace demons flying at us from every direction, everyone dies. Angel gets this second shot at being Liam, of living out his life as a reasonably successful graphic designer and coming home every night to his hot chick Slayer. And being happy. Until he dies. Or until she does. Which is WHAT LIFE IS!

The drive to be a vampire again, to want to be able to protect her, is really arrogant, and she needed to call him on that. I mean, she's a big tough grrl, Slayer strength and everything. And heck, it's not like she hasn't died before. What's the big whoop?

Also, she does call Riley on exactly this same thing later -- that his trying to stay physically strong even tho it's killing him is not a turn-on for her.

I think a lot of the pain comes in because we see that Angel and Buffy can be happy together. And they reject that for some Higher Calling. Which is grand. And noble. And incredibly stupid.

Also, the Powers That Be seem like petulant thugs who insist on having their own way about everything. They still send Visions despite there being no clear recipient. I mean, maybe Doyle was supposed to go straight to Buffy, but they didn't say. Initially, he went to Angel because they told him to. The Powers seem to need Angel to be a vampire, but to me, that isn't good enough -- especially after that whole "You've been released from your fealty" thing.

"I Will Remember You" features a monster-of-the-week and a guest appearance by Buffy. In its temporal-foldiness it is the standalone to end all standalones. Even the existence of the Mohra demon and its mystical plot-device properties is forgotten as the closing credits roll.

Emotionally, it's heartbreaking. As storytelling, it explores an alternate reality, which is an long-standing convention in speculative fiction. It's extremely well-acted, and everything about it is beautiful. Hell, just those first few notes of the Buffy-Angel love theme that we hadn't heard for far too long was just heart-ripping.

What disappoints me about it is that the writing is just so tortured. It might've been stronger if neither of them really had a choice in Angel staying mortal, or if they'd been able to come up with a much better reason for Angel to stay a vampire and reject a love he and Buffy so desperately needed in their lives.
  • You people are just plain mean!!! I can't remember a TV show ever making me cry this much!!

There's not much point in me writing a big detailed review of this ep, as most fans'll have already seen it seeing as it did actually air in, like, 1999. But still, I've seen it a million times and it still always makes me cry like a little girl. I mean come on. Angel becomes human and he and Buffy get back together. Most of us fans have been holding out for that forever!! And then it is cruelly taken away from us at the end of the episode!
    Okay, in retrospect, if A and B had stayed together and A had stayed human, then we would have been denied five years of an excellent show, but this was still such a sad episode!!! The secene at the end where Angal tells Buffy that he's turned the clock back was so sad that I had to change the channel!! And I didn't even cry when Fred died!!!
    Evil Joss Whedon, just evil. But very very good.
  • Buffy comes to LA to confront Angel and they spend an incredible 24 hours together. Sadly, Buffy will never remember but Angel will never forget.

One of the most amazing, brilliant episodes of Angel ever. Truly exemplary. Angel at it's finest. Buffy and Angel spend 24 hours together, with Angel is human form. But when Angel discovers that being human will cost Buffy her life, he realizes what he has to do - revert to his demonic form. The two spend one perfect day together, and the evening in each others arms... but all good things must one day end. The writing on this episode was brilliant and moving. At times a bit corny, the show makes up for it with amazing actors and brilliant dialogue. Two thumbs up!
  • After Angel helps Buffy fight off her Thanksgiving attackers, she comes to L.A. to confront him about keeping his presence from her. Their encounter leads to unbelievable events.

I'm a guy...and I'm a little embarassed to admit that parts of this episode made me cry like a baby. I am a huge mega geeky Buffy/Angel fan. I think that this episode is one of the saddest and most gutwrenching episodes in the run of both Buffy and Angel. The way I see it is...if an episode can make me cry...it's one of the best.
  • In Sunnydale the Angel keep them Buffy alive.In the office,it reveals his newfound humanity Doyle and Corde.Then,Doyle discover in his new vision the Morra Demon has regenerated itself and is more powerful than before.That only Buffy can kill him.

These episode is a fine example what love,friendship,and unity cycles in the scene to discover and fight the so cold Morra Demon.It was discover,by Doyle in his new vision that it regenerated itself and is more powerful than before.What keep asking me in these episode is,Why is Angel wants to turn in backtime for last 24 hours?Then,something shooked me up when Angel and Buffy conversation again before the time get back they show their true feelings and what they thinking of to each other that will never fade .That shall be remember through their past event ,love ,sacrifice to fight with vampires and demon.As a fan,I curiously waited and watch these fine example what a love can did and how significantly it change a people because of love and good moments to remember.
  • Buffy and Angel together are soooo cute! Isn't that sad??

This episode is definetly one of my favorites in Season 1. I`m not a big Buffy fan, but both actors together are so great to watch.

And Cordelia was so funny talking about having an umbrella because Angel came in on the front door ad only clever Doyle knows in a second that he's alive.

David Boreanaz did so well playing the confused Angel who didn't know what to do next and if this was for real!

And then at the end...it was sooooo sad, seeing both of them standing there, kissing, watching at that damn clock which is ticking and the last minute is gone.

Then brooding Angel again after he has lost Buffy, because couldn't tell her the truth.

So sad, but such a great episode! And we know there are more like that to come!
  • Buffy Summers.

7.4
    Buffy pays Angel a visit, bringing with her all the relationship drama that they had left behind when Angel left Sunnydale for LA. When a demon attacks them they are led down into the sewers where Angel, in a confrontation with the demon, experiences a very strange occurance. He can walk in the light and his heart is beating, Angel is human. Not only does this open a whole new world to Angel but it reopens a relationship both he and us viewers thought was over, Buffy and Angel are back. Unfortunately, it is never that simple and things rarely work out that well especially when you are a champion for good fighting against evil. Their lives are not their own, they belong to the fight.

Buffy: So, what, you just took a whole 24 hours to weigh the ups and downs of being a regular Joe and decided it was more fun being a super hero?
    Angel: You know that's not it. How can we be together if the cost is your life or the lives of others?
  • There’s a place for them A time and a place for them Hold his hand and you’re halfway there Hold her hand and she’ll take you there Somehow, someday, somewhere

Fun words to learn and know: Cordelia: “What am I gonna do? I'm good for exactly two things: International superstardom or helping a vampire with a soul to rid the world of evil.” Dialogue to lose inside the sofa in Hell: Cordelia: “Batten down the hatches. Here comes hurricane Buffy.”

This is a truly outstanding episode of Angel. The emotion between he and Buffy is so passionate and raw -- it’s really something to see. Though, in truth, it’s hard to get really emotionally invested in the story, because it would be impossible to have Angel remain human or for he and Buffy to remain a couple. Still, it’s nice to get lost in the fantasy for a while.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the interplay between Buffy and Cordy. The few scenes they had together were highly enjoyable, most notably the one in which Buffy wakes up after Angel has gone to fight the Mohra demon by himself. Although, it does bring to mind the one problem I’ve always had with Cordelia: that being the contempt she displays toward Buffy. I just can’t for the life of me understand why she thinks Buffy is so far beneath her.

While I do consider this a classic episode, I have to admit that I have a slight issue with the void of melodrama Buffy and Angel seem be sucked into in episodes of this nature. I am of the opinion that we could have a perfectly touching and heartwarming episode even without the “I’ll never forget. I’ll never forget”s. Be that as it may, this is still a wonderful episode.
  • Angel and buffy get their wish.

This episode had me hooked within the first couple of minutes. Buffy shows up in L.A. (continuation from BtVS) and means to tell Angel off for lurking around Sunnydale. She doesnt get far when they are attacked in Angels office by a demon. They end up chasing the demon and Angels mixes his blood with it. In a shocking twist, Angel has become mortal. What is the first thing he wants to do? Yeah you guessed it. He meets up with Buffy at the beach, and in one of my favorite scenes of alltime..he walks out into the sunlight and sweeps Buffy in for a kiss. You can pretty much guess how the next few scenes go so I wont write it down. We find out from the oracles that Angel is indeed mortal and is released from his duties of atonement. We also find out that being mortal is a big change for Angel who can barely fight or stand the smell of blood now. Long story short? Angel finds out that if he stays mortal, then Buffy will die. He makes a deal with the oracles to take back the day he spent as mortal and he alone will carry the memory of it. It truly broke my heart for those last few moments he got to spend with Buffy as human. Joss knows how to grab your heart and then crush it. :'(
  • What if Buffy could be with Angel?

The episode is mostly depressing because of the end when Angel tells Buffy about the day coming back. It’s so sad to say goodbye, especially for Angel who will be the only one to remember that day. When the time goes back Buffy is standing at the same moment when she arrived and tells him to not see her again, also the Mora demon attacks then and Angel kills it.
    ‘I Will Remember You’ is a beautiful episode with a terrific and sad ending. But the weak side is that both characters should have developed and this episode didn’t help with that.
  • Tearjerker doesn't cover it.

I'm 19 and even I'll admit it, I have never cried over a TV show, let alone an episode, than Angel and this episode. Seeing Angel give up what he most wanted for the good of the world was the greatest lesson I'v eever born witness to. The music was brilliant, the relationship between Buffy and Angel was as brilliant as ever, and seeing the Oracles and their actions were truly heart-moving. I don't care how I come across when I say this, this is the most moving episode of TV I've ever seen, and the second is the last ever episode. I saw that episode before my Green belt grading for Karate, went out and got Merit it amped me up so much.

Back to this episode though. This was fantastic, it should have won awards galore. Seeing the two lead characters, reduced to tears when normally they are so strong, and to see that yet again they have to put aside their own wishes and desires in order to keep fighting the good fight was fantastic. I hope it moves you the way it moved me.
< 1 2 3