Angel

I Will Remember You

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 23, 1999 on The WB

• Time has not been kind to this episode.

0.1
    I'm sorry, but as someone who wanted Angel to stand on its own two feet and who was sick of the B/A storyline at that point, I just could not bring myself to like that episode. You could literally take this entire show out of the series and it wouldn't effect the plot in any way. It was just another excuse to make Angel depressed and broody again and to portray B/A as the same old boring angst that was predominant during the second and third seasons of BTVS. I was glad when the focus was shifted to C/A on Angel(and B/S on BTVS), because the characters became much more interesting as a result.
  • Buffy comes to town, yells at Angel and then he's human and they're happy. But this is Angel, so we know it cannot last. So then he's not human anymore, and everyone forgets, except for Angel and everyother poor soul who saw this episode.

4.5
    What a schmaltz fest! I mean, really, what was the plot again? O, wait, there wasn't one, instead there was a plot device to bring in Buffy and then screw with Angel's head a little bit. And let's not forget the tiny little point that with Angel turning human easily and accidentally that it basically negates the last, oh, I don't know four seasons of the show. You know, when the driving force was Angel Trying To Become HUMAN! What was the point of him trying so damn hard when all he'd have to do is track down and bleed a demon? Granted the writers more than likely didn't know this at the time they wrote the episode, but still, it's such a glaring point that it's impossible to ignore.
    Yeah, besides that, too much Buffy and Angel being 'in love' and not enough Cordelia and Doyle who actually had some real chemistry going on.
  • Not great

6.4
    Personally i didn't really like this at all. it's meant to be about angel, and Buffy comes along and is the hero again just becasue she's the slayer. He left sunnydale to get away from her not for her to come to find him. i think it's silly that as soon as he becomes human again him and buffy are at it again, which in don't think was very interesting it was basically a repeat of what happened in Buffy the Vampire Slayer before. Although it did have a small good part where it showed angel being able to do the things he's not normally aloud to do. overall a poor episode!
  • buffy is in town hurah

a good episode but a little boring and i never liked buffy infact i hate her for being so damn annoying and blond

but the end is very sad and beautiful so that amkes the episode even if i hate buffy i was sad for her at the end of the episode

also watching angel be human was a good thing and it was funny that he got hungry so often and sunnydly eating everything in his sight. but other than that it wasnt very memorable
  • The Time Isn't Now

6.1
    I was never a fan of the Buffy/Angel romance and when I first heard that Buffy will be crossing over for this episode, I immediately thought it was a mistake. This is Angel's show and having their relationship be thrust to the foreground so soon in the season isn't that great.

Thankfully, the writers put a neat twist on their romance by having Angel becoming momentarily human, leaving Buffy and himself to have the perfect relationship together that they had always wanted to have.

Sarah Michelle Gellar gives a brilliant performance in this episode from her anger in the opening scenes as she yells at Angel for coming to Sunnydale to rescue her from the Chumash tribe to her immediate happiness when she discovers that Angel has become human.

Although I Will Remember You is a decent episode, I actually think it's extremely overrated. The official Angel magazine rated it as the best ever episode and I have to disagree. The whole hour seems like its only purpose is to please Bangel fans that were extremely pissed when Joss separated both characters. There are way too many vomit-inducing scenes (ooh look Angel's all naked, ooh look Buffy's licking ice cream of Angel's bulging chest) and in the end, it turns into melodramatic soap-opera-lite garbage. Although, any viewer who doesn't even cry a tiny bit during the episode's closing moments is obviously made of stone. The pain on Buffy and Angel's faces when they realize they only have around 20 seconds left before time reverses back to normal is just heartbreaking...

If you're a big fan of the Buffy and Angel romance, you'll regret missing it but if you like your Angel slayer-free, I wouldn't recommend...

Director: David Grossman
    Writers: David Greenwalt, Jeannine Renshaw
    Rating: C+
  • The ultimate episode for Bangel shippers. But unfortunately not for me.

My opinion of IWRY is a little divided. The plot itself is quite intriguing.
    Angel gets a chance to be human by being infected accidentally with demon blood and now he is having a chance of living out his natural life. This chance is happening as Buffy pays him an unexpected visit (IWRY is the follow-up to the Buffy episode "Pangs"). Unfortunately in order to live happily ever after with Buffy, Angel cannot fight as champion for The Powers that Be any longer.
    Tough choice - Buffy or fighting the good fight?
    We all know how that one ended.

My problem with episode comes from my intense dislike of the Bangel relationship. I feel like barfing when I see those two together, because I think that Buffy and Angel have no chemistry at all, or rather David Boreanaz and Sarah Michelle Gellar. I hate it when they look at each other with all this supposedly smoldering looks and quivering lips. It seems so faked!!! And what is even worse, once again Buffy makes Angel looks like a lovesick puppy who is not being capable to have any coherent thoughts. Argh!!! If it weren't for a strong story I would give this episode a 2 simply for the Bangel factor.
  • The episode that will cause Bangel fans everywhere to go "ZOMG BUFFY AND ANGEL FOREVA". But not me.

I Will Remember You is a Bangel shipper's dream. Until about 35 minutes in when Angel asks to be a vampire again. I was never a huge Bangel fan. I found them to be WAY over-dramatic and to be frank, annoying. Uber annoying. While I like Buffy and Angel as characters, they're just badness together. Buffy gets all whiny and Angel gets all soppy and broody and I get all vomity. But aside from that, this is a great episode.

I do like this episode. It's a "what-could-have-been" thing and it is probably one of the better episodes of the season. Cordelia was hilarious as always and the last scene WAS heartbreaking as they were in so much pain. The Oracles were good as was Mohra. What wasn't good was the whole ice-cream in bed scene which made me puke all over my TV screen. They were sickening ¬_¬. IWRY was a great episode but as a Cangel/Spuffy fan I'm never going to fully love it.

Line of the episode:

Cordelia: They'll be at it for a while, we'll have time for a cappucino and probably the directors cut of Titanic.
  • Buffy Summers.

7.4
    Buffy pays Angel a visit, bringing with her all the relationship drama that they had left behind when Angel left Sunnydale for LA. When a demon attacks them they are led down into the sewers where Angel, in a confrontation with the demon, experiences a very strange occurance. He can walk in the light and his heart is beating, Angel is human. Not only does this open a whole new world to Angel but it reopens a relationship both he and us viewers thought was over, Buffy and Angel are back. Unfortunately, it is never that simple and things rarely work out that well especially when you are a champion for good fighting against evil. Their lives are not their own, they belong to the fight.

Buffy: So, what, you just took a whole 24 hours to weigh the ups and downs of being a regular Joe and decided it was more fun being a super hero?
    Angel: You know that's not it. How can we be together if the cost is your life or the lives of others?
  • There’s a place for them A time and a place for them Hold his hand and you’re halfway there Hold her hand and she’ll take you there Somehow, someday, somewhere

Fun words to learn and know: Cordelia: “What am I gonna do? I'm good for exactly two things: International superstardom or helping a vampire with a soul to rid the world of evil.” Dialogue to lose inside the sofa in Hell: Cordelia: “Batten down the hatches. Here comes hurricane Buffy.”

This is a truly outstanding episode of Angel. The emotion between he and Buffy is so passionate and raw -- it’s really something to see. Though, in truth, it’s hard to get really emotionally invested in the story, because it would be impossible to have Angel remain human or for he and Buffy to remain a couple. Still, it’s nice to get lost in the fantasy for a while.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the interplay between Buffy and Cordy. The few scenes they had together were highly enjoyable, most notably the one in which Buffy wakes up after Angel has gone to fight the Mohra demon by himself. Although, it does bring to mind the one problem I’ve always had with Cordelia: that being the contempt she displays toward Buffy. I just can’t for the life of me understand why she thinks Buffy is so far beneath her.

While I do consider this a classic episode, I have to admit that I have a slight issue with the void of melodrama Buffy and Angel seem be sucked into in episodes of this nature. I am of the opinion that we could have a perfectly touching and heartwarming episode even without the “I’ll never forget. I’ll never forget”s. Be that as it may, this is still a wonderful episode.
  • Never have i seen an episode which involves such true happiness and such excruciating pain in one whole episode

All of those who've watched this episode probably hated it and love it. There truly was moments of pure joy and moments of painful heartbreak.

I watched Buffy as a kid and now i recently watched it again years learn to appreciate it more.

Buffy and Angel are like Emilie Bronte's Heathcliff and Catherine from Wuthering Heights. And thas why i love it so much. After Angel left in season 3 i didnt really watch buffy fully only the episodes in which angel appeared in. To be honest i didnt even know that Angel and Buffy would interlink between episodes. And Joss Whedon does an exceptional job between the two series.

This episode was so beautiful esp for Angel and Buffy fans as they finally get way through the episode i really thought it was too good to be true and thought it has to be a dream. The last few moments of I Will Remember You were heartbreaking to watch. I never felt so emotionaly it was terrible and the worst thing is that because it all happened in the last few mins of the episode the sadness sticks with felt so drained.

I was so scared to watch the episode again. And at one stage i felt really pissed with Joss Whedon.. i mean everyone longs for these two to get together and then the second they finally make it they get ripped apart. Not fair.

I think Joss needs to call up david boreanaz and sarah michelle gellar and ask to do a sequel to make it much clearly to the fans how Buffy loved Angel more than Spike.

• Tearjerker doesn't cover it.

I'm 19 and even I'll admit it, I have never cried over a TV show, let alone an episode, than Angel and this episode. Seeing Angel give up what he most wanted for the good of the world was the greatest lesson I'v eever born witness to. The music was brilliant, the relationship between Buffy and Angel was as brilliant as ever, and seeing the Oracles and their actions were truly heart-moving. I don't care how I come across when I say this, this is the most moving episode of TV I've ever seen, and the second is the last ever episode. I saw that episode before my Green belt grading for Karate, went out and got Merit it amped me up so much.

Back to this episode though. This was fantastic, it should have won awards galore. Seeing the two lead characters, reduced to tears when normally they are so strong, and to see that yet again they have to put aside their own wishes and desires in order to keep fighting the good fight was fantastic. I hope it moves you the way it moved me.
  • In Sunnydale the Angel keep them Buffy alive.In the office,it reveals his newfound humanity Doyle and Corde.Then,Doyle discover in his new vision the Morra Demon has regenerated itself and is more powerful than before.That only Buffy can kill him.

These episode is a fine example what love,friendship,and unity cycles in the scene to discover and fight the so cold Morra Demon.It was discover,by Doyle in his new vision that it regenerated itself and is more powerful than before.What keep asking me in these episode is,Why is Angel wants to turn in backtime for last 24 hours?Then,something shooked me up when Angel and Buffy conversation again before the time get back they show their true feelings and what they thinking of to each other that will never fade .That shall be remember through their past event ,love ,sacrifice to fight with vampires and demon.As a fan,I curiously waited and watch these fine example what a love can did and how significantly it change a people because of love and good moments to remember.
  • Why cant Angel be happy???

So Buffy comes to town, they fight a demon, and Angel becomes a real boy. Great, right?? No, because this is not a happy world that Angel is living in, therefore nothing can be good for him. Angel and Buffy have this one beutiful night together, eat ice cream in bed... They are happy, then it all has to go to the crapper, Angel finds out that if he stays human Buffy will die, so he decides to go back to being the tormented vampire he was and to make it so he is the only one who remembers what happened between him and Buffy. I would be lying if I said I didnt cry durring this episode... why cant Angel be happy???
  • Hey! It's Buffy!

Those wacky visions.

Doyle gets a vision that Buffy might need a little help down Sunnydale way, and indeed, Angel sort of helped. Not, y'know, much, but some. Enough. That is, they did, ultimately, win. And Angel comes home ...

OK, I get it. Joyce pointed out a few realities about Buffy's life. That she needed a chance to become cookies on her own, instead of in the glow of Angel's 60W EZ-Bake. I get it. We all get it. He slunk off into the shadows. And Buffy was fine with that. Until Xander opened his big broad octagon mouth and said Angel had been there.

At which point Buffy flew into a hissy fit, leapt into -- what, she has a car, now? -- and confronted Angel in his office that she knew where to look for him at.

Fine and fair enough. I mean, no vision of this visit, and no vision of the incredibly random Mohra demon attack that actually made Angel useless to the Powers in terms of being their champion. But Buffy comes in, this regenerative, unkillable Mohra bleeds all over everyone and suddenly this demon no one's ever heard of is going to become legion.

Except that he doesn't. I suppose it's easy enough to believe he's simply lying. He's a demon, after all, and they've been known to lie.

But it's worrisome enough to Angel that he tracks down a couple refugees from the Mardi Gras who dismiss him contemptuously and -- here's what's most interesting to me -- release him from his fealty.

No, he didn't "gain his reward" (has that been defined as such at this point?) He's simply not that cool anymore. He's just some guy.

And that's not good enough.

Apparently, the Powers didn't get the damn' memo, and Doyle gets a Vision. Idiot that he is, he goes to Angel with it, and idiot that he is, he doesn't want to bother Buffy with it. Yes! I'll take on the badass Mohra demon! After all, I have no superstrength and I'm mortal now!

And then Cordy keeps it to herself where Angel's gone, and scolds Buffy for wanting to have it all, the Slayer stuff and the great boyfriend and everything.

Um, Pot? Kettle is on line one, something about you being black?

In other words, jealous, much?

Cordy finally tells Buffy where to find Angel's corpse (even though I'm not sure when Doyle told her -- must've been on the way back to the office) and she runs to him, and they fight, and they're both hurt, and they realize with horror that if they don't put things back the way they were, they won't have their own shows.

So using some logic that is as twisted as S4, Angel decides he has to go back to being a vampire. Because otherwise, he might die, or he and Buffy might both die.

But WAIT A MINUTE! Isn't that the freaking point? Even without Liberace demons flying at us from every direction, everyone dies. Angel gets this second shot at being Liam, of living out his life as a reasonably successful graphic designer and coming home every night to his hot chick Slayer. And being happy. Until he dies. Or until she does. Which is WHAT LIFE IS!

The drive to be a vampire again, to want to be able to protect her, is really arrogant, and she needed to call him on that. I mean, she's a big tough grrl, Slayer strength and everything. And heck, it's not like she hasn't died before. What's the big whoop?

Also, she does call Riley on exactly this same thing later -- that his trying to stay physically strong even tho it's killing him is not a turn-on for her.

I think a lot of the pain comes in because we see that Angel and Buffy can be happy together. And they reject that for some Higher Calling. Which is grand. And noble. And incredibly stupid.

Also, the Powers That Be seem like petulant thugs who insist on having their own way about everything. They still send Visions despite there being no clear recipient. I mean, maybe Doyle was supposed to go straight to Buffy, but they didn't say. Initially, he went to Angel because they told him to. The Powers seem to need Angel to be a vampire, but to me, that isn't good enough -- especially after that whole "You've been released from your fealty" thing.

"I Will Remember You" features a monster-of-the-week and a guest appearance by Buffy. In its temporal-foldiness it is the standalone to end all standalones. Even the existence of the Mohra demon and its mystical plot-device properties is forgotten as the closing credits roll.

Emotionally, it's heartbreaking. As storytelling, it explores an alternate reality, which is an long-standing convention in speculative fiction. It's extremely well-acted, and everything about it is beautiful. Hell, just those first few notes of the Buffy-Angel love theme that we hadn't heard for far too long was just heart-ripping.

What disappoints me about it is that the writing is just so tortured. It might've been stronger if neither of them really had a choice in Angel staying mortal, or if they'd been able to come up with a much better reason for Angel to stay a vampire and reject a love he and Buffy so desperately needed in their lives.
  • 'You know, it's a good thing I didn't fantasize about you turning human about ten zillion times...because today would have been a real let-down.'

A great episode of Angel, Buffy comes in town and be becomes human.

The best thing about this episode were those beautiful Bangel moments, the ones with the food but also the very depressing ones.
    But the episode isn’t quite perfect, both characters should have moved on after their separation but this episode brings them steps back. Both Buffy and Angel were already having a love interest, Angel had Kate and Buffy had Riley.

So anyway, Buffy comes in town and is a little upset because Angel didn’t tell her he went looking out for her. When they talk they get interrupted by a demon who is then scared away and Angel and Buffy decide to go after it.

They follow it into the sewers but they believe he might have gone up. Angel stays in the sewers and kills the demon, but his blood mixed with Angel’s which gives Angel a heartbeat and pulse. Angel begins to eat everything in his sight, then he chooses to do what he always wanted. He goes to see Buffy in the light and they share a beautiful kiss.

Angel and Buffy soon then fall inlove again and let their temptation fall in. They sleep together and eat food off each other. They decide to stick together until Doyle has a vision of the demon regenerating itself. Angel doesn’t want to wake up Buffy so he goes with Doyle but they soon get in trouble and the demon almost kills Angel. Buffy is then told by Cordy where Angel hangs out and she comes to the rescue and kills the Mora demon by smashing it’s jewel.

The demon named some army of demons that were coming for them. Angel goes back to the Oracles who are a male and a female gods and he asks them to give his life for Buffy or else she will die. But the only way is for time to go back and making this day to never happened, Angel is willing to do that for Buffy and other people’s sake.

The episode is mostly depressing because of the end when Angel tells Buffy about the day coming back. It’s so sad to say goodbye, especially for Angel who will be the only one to remember that day. When the time goes back Buffy is standing at the same moment when she arrived and tells him to not see her again, also the Mora demon attacks then and Angel kills it.
    ‘I Will Remember You’ is a beautiful episode with a terrific and sad ending. But the weak side is that both characters should have developed and this episode didn’t help with that.

• Buffy’s back for a great episode.

Buffy shows up in L.A angry that Angel came to Sunnydale without telling her. Their fighting is interrupted by a demon attack and, as Buffy and Angel pursue the demon, some of the demon’s blood mixes with Angels and turns him human. They spend 24 perfect hours together, but when Angel realises that the cost of being human will be Buffy’s life, he goes to the Oracles and asks to be turned back into his old vampire self. The scene where Angel tells Buffy what he’s done and that she won’t remember anything that has happened was one of the best and most emotional scenes of the whole series and it was really well acted and it certainly sticks in my mind. Part of me wishes that they had a happy ending, but that would have been a cop out and would have ruined one of the best episodes of Angel.
  • awwww. how cute.

this episode was just too perfect. buffy comes back to see angel to tell him how mad she is about him lurking in the shadows around sunnydale. he ends up becoming human and enjoying some humanly perks. angel discovers food and ice cream which is really funny. he also gets to sleep with buffy without worrying. he is basicly powerless in fighting compared to her since, he was human. after they kill the demon that turned him human angel goes and sees the orcales. angel, being so selfless sacrafices his mortality to save buffy. it is so sweet at the end when he tells her that things are going to go back to normal and they are close as the time runs out. it was so sad as she cried and said she'd never forget. then she did and angel had to remember. that shows how much angel really cared about and loved buffy. great episode.
  • aka the one where they almost live happily ever after

One of the draws of the Buffyverse is the entire "doomed-to-never-end-well" love story between Buffy, the vamp slayer and Angel, the ensouled vamp. This episode is just another reminder of that tragedy.

In this episode, Buffy visits LA just as Angel becomes mortal again after he comes in contact with the blood of a Mohra demon. They then spend the rest of the day doing exactly what two people who have longed for each other for so long would do.. make love all day, raid the fridge, make love some more and fall asleep in each others arms.

True to the nature of their story, it doesn't end happily ever after. Thanks to the Oracles and the foretold End of Days, Angel chooses to be what he was in order to "save", if not stand with Buffy in the final fight. Time is reset a day, and arguably one of the greatest days in Bangel history has never been. The last minute before time is reset shows just how much Buffy loves Angel. If you've ever loved someone, you would know just how painful that minute was to B and how that it would never ever be enough.
  • by far the saddest and most heart wrenching episode of angel...

Buffy comes to L.A. to confront Angel about coming to Sunnydale and just watching her, no contact. They end up fighting a demon that inadventently turns Angel human. The whole fantasty about Angel turning human and them being together is realized but only for a short while, until Angel finds out he's useless to the war w/o his vampire powers.. he asks the powers that be to reverse everything, so they decide to take back the day, and he has to stop the demon from turning him human. The entire, watchin Angel eat food, and watching him and Buffy interact was great. The tears start swelling when Buffy freaks out and says there isn't enough time.. But I started bawling when Angel started crying.. this episode gets me EVERY TIME.
  • The ultimate Buffy and Angel episode. Truly excellent

Best episode ever! "I Will Remember You" symbolises Buffy and Angel's perfect reality and explores a story that I and many other fans have always wanted to see: What if Angel was human? We get our answer with this episode and for me, it's exactly how I imagined it. Buffy and Angel together and happy at last. The only problem I have with this episode is Angel's reason for turnig back time. I think this was done purely so Angel, as a series could continue. Angel's last scene as a human is heartbreaking with Buffy telling him "I'll never forget" over and over again. It was such a beautiful episode but one that leaves you with the question: What if Angel had stayed human? Christophe Beck's "Close Your Eyes" was fantastic to hear again in this perfect Buffy/Angel love story.
  • What if Buffy could be with Angel?

• Angel and buffy get their wish.

This episode had me hooked within the first couple of minutes. Buffy shows up in L.A. (continuation from BtVS) and means to tell Angel off for lurking around Sunnydale. She doesnt get far when they are attacked in Angels office by a demon. They end up chasing the demon and Angels mixes his blood with it. In a shocking twist, Angel has become mortal. What is the first thing he wants to do? Yeah you guessed it. He meets up with Buffy at the beach, and in one of my favorite scenes of alltime..he walks out into the sunlight and sweeps Buffy in for a kiss. You can pretty much guess how the next few scenes go so I wont write it down. We find out from the oracles that Angel is indeed mortal and is released from his duties of atonement. We also find out that being mortal is a big change for Angel who can barely fight or stand the smell of blood now. Long story short? Angel finds out that if he stays mortal, then Buffy will die. He makes a deal with the oracles to take back the day he spent as mortal and he alone will carry the memory of it. It truly broke my heart for those last few moments he got to spend with Buffy as human. Joss knows how to grab your heart and then crush it. :'(
  • Buffy and Angel together are soooo cute! Isn't that sad??

This episode is definetly one of my favorites in Season 1. I`m not a big Buffy fan, but both actors together are so great to watch.

And Cordelia was so funny talking about having an umbrella because Angel came in on the front door ad only clever Doyle knows in a second that he's alive.

David Boreanaz did so well playing the confused Angel who didn't know what to do next and if this was for real!

And then at the end...it was sooooo sad, seeing both of them standing there, kissing, watching at that damn clock which is ticking and the last minute is gone.

Then brooding Angel again after he has lost Buffy, because couldn't tell her the truth.

So sad, but such a great episode! And we know there are more like that to come!
  • You people are just plain mean!!! I can't remember a TV show ever making me cry this much!!

There's not much point in me writing a big detailed review of this ep, as most fans'll have already seen it seeing as it did actually air in, like, 1999. But still, I've seen it a million times and it still always makes me cry like a little girl. I mean come on. Angel becomes human and he and Buffy get back together. Most of us fans have been holding out for that forever!! And then it is cruelly taken away from us at the end of the episode!
    Okay, in retrospect, if A and B had stayed together and A had stayed human, then we would have been denied five years of an excellent show, but this was still such a sad episode!!! The secene at the end where Angal tells Buffy that he's turned the clock back was so sad that I had to change the channel!! And I didn't even cry when Fred died!!!
    Evil Joss Whedon, just evil. But very very good.
  • A Breath of Fresh Air!

I Will Remember You-Buffy arrives in L.A., furious that Angel did not tell her that he was in Sunnydale. While they are talking, they are attacked by a Mohra demon, and some of its blood gets onto Angel. After a brief hunt, they kill the demon, but its blood is having a strange effect on Angel. He feels short of breath, dizzy, and disoriented, and then suddenly his heart begins to beat. Now fully human, Angel must decide how this will affect his relationship with Buffy and whether or not he can still be a Champion.

Okay, this episode may seem like the writers just making a sappy episode for fans who miss Buffy and Angel's relationship, but it's certainly so much more. Sarah Michelle Gellar makes a splash onto the Angel scene and her presence on her former co-star's series doesn't feel out of place like most would think. Both Sarah and David give amazing performances as the forbidden lovers who yearn to be with each other but can't. But the plot thickens when after killing the demon and Angel becomes human. David plays his need found humanity so convincingly and his humanity itself brings a lot of questions. Is Angel turly redeemed? Can he truly live as a mortal while others are suffering? But does all of that really matter, all he's ever wanted was to be with Buffy and the moments where the 2 of them are together is loving bliss are beautiful. Angel's humanity also effects Doyle and Cordelia especailly who is hilariously frustrated that she's now unemployed. But of course, you knew he would be a vampire again in the end. But still, the heartbreaking ending where Angel and Buffy have only seconds til' the day rewinds is so powerful with Sarad and David's performances bringing tears to your eyes. To make it even worse is how Angel alone knows what happened that day and everyone forgets with Buffy just leaving his doorstep not knowing if she'll ever return. All and All, a classic episode for good reason with a great plot and heavy hitting performances from David and Sarah.
  • Buffy and Angel...

I don't understand how anyone could give this episode less than a 10.

Buffy comes to L.A after she finds out that he had visited her in Sunnydale and didn't even tell her. SHe planned on yelling at him and thenleaving, only to be stopped by a demon who came to play. The two go out a search for it, while having awkward converations and silence. Angel finds the demon in the sewer and kills it, but not before getting it's blood on him. With that Angel becomes human. He craves food, get's sunlight, and everything is like new. He then realizes he can be with Buffy and sets off to find her. They are together for a whole day and they are happier than they thought they could be. Then Angel realizes he can't be Regular Joe with Buffy and somewhat reluctantly gets the Powers That Be to turn the clock back 24 hours so that none of it never happened. Only he would remember, no one else. It is so heart wrenching at the end when him and Buffy have only a few minutes left. Definately a must- see there are funny parts, sad parts, and just great parts. WATCH!
  • How can I not love this with all my heart.

You know when you watch a show that you love but then there's that speacial episode that forever touches your heart? Well folks, for me, this is it. I love this episode even though at the same time it upsets me. The concept of the episode is awesome. Angel human, for a whole day. Getting everything he wants. And eventually giving it all back so that Buffy will live just a little longer. This episode is easily in the top ten Angel episodes that's for sure. The ironic thing is, Angel was turned back into a vampire so that Buffy wouldn't die, but low and behold she died a year and a half later. If I were him I would be pissed. I love the concept that he alone is the one that will carry the memory of the day. I've always felt that he was never quite the same when it came to Buffy after that. I think maybe he was bitter and that's why he wasn't more receptive to her when she came in Sanctuary. Of course, I could be overthinking things a little but, I have a tendency to do that. Anyway. The end kills me, I've yet to watch the episode and not cry. I'm a big sap like that. If you haven't seen it, you need to.
  • I really enjoyed this episode because it gives Buffy and Angel hope.

So, here's the deal. Buffy and Angel love each other, right? But, they both know they can never be together. You know, vampire+slayer? The love they feel is precisely the thing that causes them pain. Therefore, they stay away from each other, which causes them more pain. Buffy and Angel's very lives are open wounds which time doesn't heal. And there is no hope for change, no hope for the future. Angel's dark and brooding manner reflects that he knows his life can never be all he wants. It made my heart ache to see the helpless, hopeless resignation and determination with which Angel goes about his afterlife, with only a memory of his one single moment of perfect happiness to sustain him.

And then this episode happens. Angel does a blood transfusion thing with a Mohra demon, and next thing you know, he's full-on human. Sunshine and chocolate; heartbeats; backaches; LIFE. An unknown future. But he and Buffy can finally be all they want to and for each other. They can love and live together; fight and strive together; grow old and die together. The barrier is gone; all is changed. But that same change brings a different pain. Buffy and Angel can finally live normal human lives together, but therein lies the problem -- they aren't normal humans. Buffy is still the slayer. The world is still in danger. And Angel's transformation will only increase the chances that one or both of them will die. soon. and badly. So Angel makes what has to be a terrible choice. to give up his life -- his newfound, precious life -- for Buffy. for the world the Slayer protects. For the lives the Vampire can save; for the greater good. Once again, the barrier falls between Angel and his heart; once again, the pain of un-lived love; once again, the darkness returns. Even Buffy's memory of their few steps into the sunlight is gone.

But wait! Angel retains his memory. and forever after, he has hope. That one day, Buffy will be able to step back from the front lines. That one day, a Mohra demon somewhere will be hunted again by a Vampire and a Slayer. and from that trip, two humans will return. That one day, when the race is done and fight is won, the reward for victory can finally be claimed. Buffy and Angel CAN BE TOGETHER, and Angel knows the way. How's that for hope?
  • Without question one of the finest written episodes of Angel, and the relationship between the slayer and the vampire with a soul.

This episode epitomizes the epic love shared between Buffy and Angel. Regardless of whether your male or female, any diehard Buffy fans will not be able to help their heart strings pulled. Buffy and Angel finally have exactly what they want, but in order to keep his Buffy and the world safe, Angel visits the oracles turning back the clock to erase the perfect day. Only Angel will carry the memory and the pain of knowing what he has lost. Additionally, the stage is set the stage for "Hero", where Doyle finds he, too, is the real deal when his heroism is tested.
  • One of my favorite Angel episodes of all time! Buffy and Angel finally find true happiness without any consequences. That is, until Angel realizes that it cannot last forever. (contains spoilers)

This is one of my favorite episodes. It gets high marks right away from me for it being a Buffy and Angel episode, and even more for its crossover status between the two shows. The episode on Buffy before this was okay, the Angel parts being the only thing that kept it afloat, but this episode is one of the best in either show. Buffy comes to LA to visit her father, but also to see Angel and "tell him to stop seeing her." They argue about it for a little; Angel steadfast in his decision that leaving was the best idea, and Buffy still heartbroken over it. However, things change when they fight a Mora demon and Angel's cut is infected with its blood. What happens? Only the most impossible thing ever: Angel is turned human. Buffy and Angel try to avoid being together, but inevitably they can't. They spend a long blissful day together in perfect happiness. These are amazing Buffy/Angel moments! Finally, Angel comes to the realization that his being human will harm or kill either Buffy, him, or those they were sworn to protect. So, he decides that he must do the even more impossible: give up being a human. The only catch? He will be the only one who remembers the perfect day. In a heartbreaking conclusion Buffy insists that she will never forget their day and the rewind of the day occurs, leaving Angel to be the only day to remember the heartbreaking perfection of that day.
< 1 2 3