Angel

I Will Remember You

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 23, 1999 on The WB

• This is absolutely the best episode of the show. I recommend this to anyone who likes TV.

Here's out it is : Following the BtVS episode "Pangs" (4x8) Angel returns from Sunnydale, having prevented the vision Doyle had in the previous episode of Buffy in trouble and thought he had kept his visit a secret from Buffy, despite being found out by about everyone else. Buffy shows up in Los Angeles and confronts him about it. Their reunion is disrupted by a demon, that Angel & Buffy team up to kill and in the process, Angel gets tainted and becomes human. This allows Angel & Buffy to be together and live the perfect day. However, upon trying to refight the demon (who regenerated), Angel finds that without his vampire strength & skills, he is no match for the demon and needs to be rescued by Buffy, who kills it but not before the demon tells Angel that the End of Days has begun. Angel goes to the Oracles, who agree to make him a vampire again by essentially eliminating the day from everyone's mind, except Angels. The end of the episode has the previous day starting over again, with Buffy first arriving at Angel's, with no recollection that for 24 hours, they were happily in love together.

Are you kidding me. This is the first time we see get to see Buffy & Angel actually together, since he left Sunnydale. And now, through a twist of fate, Angel becomes human and the reason he leaves Buffy & Sunnydale is now gone allowing him and Buffy to truly "be together" ... both as humans. From the moment Angel walks out on the beach in the sunlight and grabs Buffy & kisses her ... as a fan, you had to love it. But in typical Buffy-verse fashion, you can never be too happy for too long. Just as quickly as we hear the wedding bells in the distance, Angel is forced, not only to choose to give up this life to become a vampire and help save the world, but just to add to the man's torment, he will be the only one who remembers it. Talk about harsh. The scene where Angel explains this choice to Buffy will rip your heart out, throw it on the floor, and dance a two-step on it. We finally see our two heroes together ... as it should be, only to have it flutter away just as quickly. Believe me, this is the one episode of both shows you must not miss.