Angel

In the Dark

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Oct 19, 1999 on The WB

• A Touch of Sunnydale

7.6
    Angel and gang recieve a couple of visitors from Sunydale. Oz bearing the gem of amara, a gift from Buffy, that makes any vampire immune to all that can hurt him. I.e. sunlight, crosses, stakes, and everything else. Spike, coming after the gem of amara which he himself had dug up back in Sunnydale. In the end though, after some serious torture and insane running aruond, Angel decides to destroy the ring. Doyle: So what, you don't get the ring because your period of self-flagellation isn't over yet? I mean think of all the daytime people you could help between nine and five.
    Angel: They have help. The whole world is designed for them, so much that they have no idea what goes on around them after dark. They don't see the weak ones lost in the night or the things that prey on them. If I joined them, maybe I'd stop seeing too.

Seeing Angel and Spike reunited, being that they have a long standing history with one another long before Buffy was ever even born, is great. David (Angel) and James (Spike) really know how to feed off eachother's feelings and bring hilarity and intensity to their scenes with one another.