Parting Gifts

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Dec 14, 1999 on The WB

• "When one door closes, another opens..."

Wow, great episode. With Doyle dead I thought the show was just going to be bad for the rest of the season but no, they got me right back into the show by bringing Mr. Wesely Windum-Price back.

There wasn't much I didn't like about this episode. I didn't like seeing Glenn Quin in the credits, it just gave me small false hope that he would come back but he didn't and never would. The other thing I didn't like was that Cordy was getting beat up, this is when she wasn't train to fight at all so she really couldn't help herself.

Now to the stuff that made this episode good. The introduction of Wesely. Wes joins the cast in this episode and he stays on right till the last episode. Also the villian actually surprised me. That never happens. I usually know exactly what was going to happen with the villian but it surprised me. Instead of it being the big guy that attack them. It turned out to be a seemingly helpless demon who comes to Angel for help.

This is a very pivotal episode because it adds a new character to the mix who brings a certain needed thing to the show. Great episode, 9.0.