Angel

Power Play

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM May 12, 2004 on The WB

• Leading up to the end.

Of course, as I previously thought, Angel's strange behavior continued to get even worse as it may appear that he has turned his back on all of his friends. I love how each member of the the team was slowly coming to grips with the possibility that Angel had been playing them for a long time, even having a hand in Fred's death, but I knew for some reason that this could not be, staring with the fact that Spike would probably know, or the fact that the writers just couldn't do this to the viewers.

The episode may have been a bit confusing in the first few minutes, but the ending more than made up for it. I was very surprised to learn that it was Cordelia who gave Angel her vision power before she died, and it all tied to nicely to the ending that it feels like poetry. I just adore the fact that Cordelia had a big hand in what's happening this season, even though she's no longer around. I also love the fact that it was explained that Fred's death wasn't planned, that it was something that just happened.

I also loved the scene in which Drogyn and Illyria played a video game... it was just too hilarious for words. Now I've got to prepare myself for the very finale.