Angel

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Dec 19, 2000 on The WB

• Darla and Dru on the town

REUNION

The Good;

Darla and Dru make quite a pair whilst Angel does his Batman routine. Some nice humour from Lilah and like the way Angel is so consumed by his quest that he tries to ignore his mission sent by the PTBs. And the shock ending is a kick in head.

The Bad;

Why does Lilah want to hear police sirens, what are the LAPD going to do against Dru and Darla? Shouldn't Angel have saved Holland's wife at least?

Best line:

Lilah (to Lindsey, indicating dead Darla) "Think you got a shot with her now?" Why we love Lilah even though she's a total bitch.

Jeez, how did they get away with that?

The scene in the shop with the murdered staff is horrifying

Apocalypses: 4

Angel Cliches

Damsel in distress; 17

Inverting the Hollywood cliche;

Lindsey (indicating the soon to be vamp Darla) "Can she hear us?"

Darla "She's DEAD!"

Angel; 18 vamps, 19 and 1/2 demons, 3 humans

Doyle; 1 vamp

Wes; 1/2 a demon

Kate; 3 vamps

Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.

Gunn; 5 vamps+ 1 demon.

Recurring characters killed;

4;

Total number of Angel Investigations:

4, Angel, Cordy, Wes and Gunn

Angel Investigations shot: no but Angel takes a gun away from a demon acolyte intent on suicide.

Angel: 10

Cordy: 2 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast

Angel: 1;Buffy

Wes; 2; Virginia and the bleached blonde

Kinky dinky:

Gunn comments that he's freaked out by the whole incest vibe of the grandaughter remaking the grandmother (as he was with his vamped sister). Dru wants Angel to 'Spank us til Tuesday, we promise to be bad if you do'!!!!!!

Captain Subtext;

Loved to have seen the Dru/neighbour scene. Once again Dru seems a very unusual vamp in some regards, more human than most. Dru appreciates Lilah's beauty. All of the Darla/Dru stuff

Know the face, different character; 2

Parking garages;

Buffy characters on Angel; 13

Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, Master

Questions and observations;

Like the way it's Gunn who figures out the whole nursery angle, once again showing his brains. Weird seeing Darla in her shroud. Kate and Angel seem a team once more.

Marks out of 10; 8/10, Angel on top form.

• Darla is back. And unfortunately, so is Dru.

A great episode.
    But boy, I can't stand Drusilla, actress which plays her sucks so much that is beyond suck.And that fake "English" accent... just horrible.I hope for her soon and "untimely" demise.
    Back to the episode.I find it great that Angel starts finally to act like the Angel and not some comical version of it, like he did in past episodes (hm, actually whole past season).
    This episode had much more serious tone than any other before and that's what is so good about it.
    Especially the ending, which made me give this episode whole 1
    point more, is beyond great, and it prepares us for many great episodes to come.
  • Reunion

Reunion was a perfect and classic episode of Angel because it had a lot of character development and some important changes. I really enjoyed watching this episode becauce it combined drama with action and intrigue, while there was some humor in it as well. I think this episode definitely sets future events in motion and it was interesting to see how Angel handled Druscilla and Darla. It was also interesting to see behind the scenes at home of Wolfram & Hart's top lawyers. Darla and Druscilla were absolutely amazingly evil and it was fun to watch them on their spree. I also think the ending was shocking as Angel separated himself from those closest to him. I can't wait to watch what happens in the next episode!!!!!!!
  • Darla rises from the dead and together her and Dru set out to wreak havoc in the City of Angels.

Reunion is my absolute favourite episode of Angel. The first time I watched this episode, I was literally in awe. It made me feel so many things and they packed so much into 42 minutes. This episode will blow your mind. Darla is without a doubt my favourite character in any TV show ever. There are so many layers to her- this is what I love about this show. It's about demons and vampires and yet the characters are more realistic than most on TV. There are no stereotypical characters- each character is built as a basic type- funny, serious, evil, street and then so much is built around them that they're unique. Reunion is an episode of pure excellence- I've watched it over and over and it never gets boring. There are so many pivotal and memorable scenes from this episode- Darla waking up as a vampire, attacking Drusilla in the streets, the entire scene with the lawyers in the wine cellar. The stakes were so high- everything was so tense and each scene left you wanting more, so much so, that I was dreading the end because it'd be over. In my first watch, I tried to prolong Angel by watching a certain number a week. This was the first time I lost control- after this ended I simply HAD to see Redefinition. Reunion is a beautiful episode- the episode that solidified my love for this show.

Darla is a character that changes so much- from seductress to mentally unstable to dying to being one of the most evil character's in this show- and all of this happened realistically. She is probably one of the most unique characters of the Buffyverse- no other character was even close to like her and she's pure TV gold and a joy to watch. A classic example is that when she woke up as a vampire, she didn't automatically run and feed like most vampires- she attacked her sire. Her human self had not fully left the building- she had chosen to die naturally and Drusilla had stolen that from her. The scene in the streets where she beats Drusilla up and asks "Why?" did she do this to her is such a memorable scene- it shows that she is not the same vampire she once was. When she finally does feed, she is back to classic Darla and here they could had her go after Angel to kill him- but what did she do? She slaughtered the W&H lawyers in the wine cellar for punishment of how they treated her when she was human. Darla is a character that I am very drawn to- Julie Benz just plays her to perfection, never hitting a flat note, always stealing the show.

Drusilla was a much welcomed addition to this episode- she brings a new presence to the show. We know from BtVS exactly what Drusilla is like- evil and insane yet possessing a childlike quality. She is unique also and her and Darla were the best team Angel has ever seen. This episode was excellent without her but she added so much to it- terror and yet humour at the same time- she is very funny. Juliet Landau is always brilliant as her and her and Julie play off each other well- they have great chemistry.

The main cast were not to be outdone however. David Boreanaz puts in an amazing performance. This is the episode where Angel went into his darkest place (outside Angelus) and David played him very realistically- we can see his decent into darkness very clearly and it's hard to watch him so much in the course of this episode. Charisma, Alexis and J. were great as well- they weren't a huge focus in the episode but they were needed definitely. I felt Charisma shone in the last scene particularly- her performance was heartfelt and real and we could see Cordelia desperate to stop her closest friend fall into this darkness.

The W&H team (Lilah, Lindsey and Holland) were also excellent in this episode- I thought Christian Kane put in a better performance than usual. Lilah was fantastic to have back- her and Lindsey's relationship is interesing and it was great to see her return after 6 episodes. Holland was also very good here- suitably evil and it was with an amount of satisfaction that I watched Darla kill him with- he had played his part I think and it was time for him to go.

Reunion is pure gold. It changed the series and was a defining moment of the Darla arc. I wish there was a score higher than 10- Reunion would have deserved it.
  • "Run and catch..."

After being changed back to her former self, Darla and Drusilla decide to have a night out on the town... and blood is on the menu. Angel becomes obsessed with catching the two, disregarding others that need his help. Cordelia, Wesley and Gunn become increasingly worried about him, fearing he is becoming very close to the darkness.

This was such an amazing episode. After the episode "Darla", I was beginning to like good Darla and I was really hoping Angel would save her. I still like good Darla, but I much prefer evil Darla. I'm also extremely happy that Drusilla is back. Her and Spike were my favourite "Big Bad" in season 2 of Buffy, so I'm enjoying her being back in Angel...still as crazy as ever!
    I'm really not liking Angel at the moment. He had some funny moments, but he was mostly just dark. And Not in the broody yet lovable normal Angel way, or the fun and crazy Angelus way, he was just plain dark. The events leading to the end of the episode really brought out the darkness in him. As for the ending...complete and utter darkness! It left me a little shocked.
  • Angel rushes to stop Darla from becoming a vampire while everybody at Wolfram and Hart tries to help.

I love this episode. Drusilla is at her crazy best preparing for her 'daughter's' birth and Angel is losing himself. At first Darla's reaction to becoming a vampire again is sour, but she soon returns to her former glory. Watching her and Dru kill people together is great and its hard to hate them. It seems that Angel should of been paying more attention to Cordy, Wes and Gunn who are trying to stop him from doing anything rash. All the interactions between Lindsey and Darla are really good too and when he is at the party and Darla asks him if he cares and he responds that he cares, but he just doesn't mind, it is classic. Then at the end Angel leaves the people from Wolfram and Hart to be massacred, he begins his spiral downwards that occurs in the next part of the season. When Wes and Cordy try to tell him that he can't just choose not to save people just because he doesn't like them, he doesn't want to hear it. Then at the end he fires them and it leaves you wondering what is going to happen next.
  • Excuse Me While My Jaw Drops!

Reunion-Drusilla has turned Darla back into a vampire, and Angel must catch them before she rises again and the two go back to their old ways. As he becomes more and more frantic, Angel begins to go off the deep end, and his staff worries that they are the only thing standing between Angel and real darkness.

One of the darkest and best episodes of Angel's short lived 5 year run! Nothing can express how truly awesome this hour of television was. First off, Darla and Drusilla make an awesome gruesome twosome as they reck havok in the streets of L.A. Juilett Landau continues to prefect the art of insanity as the psychopathtic Drusilla and as much as it was sad to see Darla die, Darla as a vampire is just too much fun and Julie excels back into her villian roots. The whole cast is solid throughout this hour, with Wesley, Cordelia and Gunn trying to stop Angel from being so consumed with stopping Darla and Drusilla. Also, Sam Anderson continues to impress as Holland Manners and I should give him more credit. Kate returns and does the most logical thing since her existence and help Angel for once. The episode is also filled with stunning fight scenes like the 3-way fight between Drusilla, Darla and Angel on the garden roof and brutally distrubing scene like Darla and Drusilla killing the women of the clothing store. But best part is the unforgettable and astonishing ending where Angel just turns his back and leaves all the Wolfarm and Hart lawyers to be killed by Dru and Darla! It's one of the most shocking moments I've ever witnessed on TV show (expect for The Body on Buffy, but anyway) and you can't believe Angel would have so much hate in him to do such an act. Then to top it all off, he fires Wesley, Cordy and Gunn! All and All, a classic and powerful episode from start to finish with great acting, great setting, and the most shocking moments ever!
  • Girls just want to have fun!

Darla and Dru are ready to rumble. Dru is one lunatic vampire and lots of fun to watch. Heck their all fun to watch when their bad, but Dru takes the prize for crazy.
    Angel & Team are on the hunt to stop them before the girls ramp up the rampage. The friction that has been building as Angel sets his own priorities goes into high gear as Angel proceeds with single minded pursuit against Darla and Dru.

Holland Manners from W&H confirms to Angel that he is the special project that is behind all the steps they've taken to bring Darla and Dru back...seems mostly it has to do with keeping him occupied and I would imagine tortured, disillusioned and in conflict with the rest of Angel Investigations.

Kate's back briefly, releasing Angel from custody to stop Darla & Dru's massacre. Still not sure why they keep bringing her back. I like her, but they need to do something more significant with her as a story line.

Darla & Dru crash a W&H party for a private massacre. Angel shows up, but upon realizing D&Ds intent, just can't bring himself to intervene on W&H behalf. He locks them all in from the outside. Angel tells Wes, Gunn & Cordy what he did and they are shocked and tell him he was wrong. They tell him he must change. He agrees and fires them all.
  • The girls are back in town and they're having a massacre.

Another one of Angel’s great season 2 episodes that’s fully involved with the seasonal arc.
    With Angel failing to save Darla, and the gang failing to save Angel, this is a fast paced episode-bursting full of action and consequences.
    The first consequence is obviously Drusilla’s siring of Darla. Through most of the first half of the episode, Darla lies dead as Dru along with her allies at W&H make preparations for Darla’s re-arrival. It seems a little strange that at this crucial time in their plan that Holland manners sees it fit to throw a party. While they may be celebrating Angel tipping over to evil, it won’t be until the end of the episode that he actually does.
    While this is all going on Angel rushes to try and save Darla, knowing that he has failed to save her. This is a major factor in Angel’s crazy quest to stake his love. The links the team made as to where Darla might be were a little tenuous. I highly doubt that they were able to pinpoint these vampires in this huge city, but at least it made for a brilliant confrontational scene between the vampires especially once Darla awoke.
    Darla’s awakening was wonderfully played by Julie Benz. She takes the character to whole new levels as she tries to deal with being a vampire again. Lashing out at Drusilla, eventually Darla comes around and they go on their highly entertaining killing spree. The two actresses work well together. In all their collective time in the Buffy verse they have spent very little onscreen time together and this may the first without their male counterparts.
    Returning back to the team who are racing around LA trying to find the vamps, we see Angel hell-bent on his mission and forgetting the mission that he should be ultimately concerned about, so much so that he is inclined to forget about Cordy’s vision and when he is convinced to go to the vision, he barely takes time to sort the problem out. To see Angel like this is not really a surprise but it is interesting to see how far he is going. Also what is surprising is that the team seem so reluctant to find Dru and Darla. Now while I understand they have to answer the visions, they don’t seem to want aid Angel. Although perhaps given the end of the episode maybe they had good reason. The best part of the episode is undoubtedly Darla and Drusilla’s arrival at Holland’s party. The lawyers play the fear excellently and Darla and Drusilla’s tormenting of them is so brilliant to watch. Lindsey’s lack of fear is really fascinating to see. His love of Darla is misguided, but it allows him to feel absolutely no fear of this woman, despite her showing very little feeling for him or indication that she wouldn’t hurt him. Its this quality in Lindsey that makes him such a wonderful character to watch. The climax of the episode (or so we think) comes when Angel tips over the edge and locks the W&H lawyers in the wine cellar. His actions here while not in line with his mission are understandable. These lawyers have tormented him since he came to LA and ruined his ex-lovers only chance of salvation. This is an extrmeley thrilling scene but in true Angel style its not quite the end of the episode. The Angel Investigations team let Angel know what they think of his actions and in a shocking end he fires them. His reasoning behind this slowly leaks out over the next few episodes but in this episode it makes for some great drama.

Overall a strong episode that proves pivotal to the rest of the season.
  • Dru and Darla

The most twisted vampires on the planet, next to Spike and Angelus, are back to there old tricks and this time they're teaming up. At the hand of Wolfram & Hart Drusilla sires Darla and the rack up a whole mess of trouble a whole mess of bodies. Unfortinately, this loss hits Angel hard and he sort of treads dangerously close to the dark side himself leaving Holland Manners and many of the other Wolfram & Hart lawyers to be slaughtered at the hands of the girls. Not only that but he fires Gunn, Wes, and Cordy really leading all of us to belief he is completely of his rocker.
  • Angel races against time to prevent the rising of Darla

This ep picks up right where the last one left off. Angel is babbling about having to help Darla and that she was turned while the gang is confused and trying to help him and figure out what has went on. Angel knows what he has to do: Stake Darla before she rises and \"save\" her from being a vamp again. He knows she has her playmate, Dru, by her side so this is going to be a hard task. The gang eventually puzzles out where Darla is being kept until she rises. Angel shows up and is ready to stake her, but is stopped by Dru. Sure enough, Darla rises as strong as ever and jumps off of a very tall building. Dru and Darla soon lock step again and go on a killing spree (sponsored by the good folks at W&H) and end up KILLING a room full of the W&H lawyers with the help of Angel. The girls are back to their evil tricks, and Angel has turned a bad corner. He ends up firing his crew in the end...which stuns all of us.
  • "Did someone mention a massacre?" Darla and Drusilla go shopping and then off to a Tasting...

This is A series Classic, Angel fails to stake Darla and she rises as a Vampire again, teaming up with Dru and having a bit of fun.

This ep showed how good Dru and Darla were together and its a shame they couldnt have stayed like this a bit longer, again with this episode the last 10 minutes are amazing. Angel takes a dark turn and locks all the Lawyers in the cellar with Darla and Drusilla, it was good to see Lilah scared and her pleads to Angel "for God's sake, Help Us!" showed her vulnerability which we rarely see.

And of course sacking the team, which i didnt think could have been done.
  • darla is back as a vampire

another great episode where darla comes back as the living dead with drusilla and get hungry for some lawyer meat.

the episode was fantastic! the first episode i ever saw and i loved it! darla and drusilla are great together and when the fight on the road is one of the best scenes ever! the rest of the episode is not so interesting but still good and this episode is fab and brilliant
  • A dramatic surprise. One of my favorite episodes.

The ending of this episode didn't completely shock me but I was happy to see a darker side of Angel. I never believed that Angel has to be Angelus to do something evil, or even questionably evil. Angel should still have some of Angelus in him without being completely evil, not all the time but at least when he's emotionally damaged. I felt really bad for Darla and it was obvious that she didn't remember all the sacrifices Angel made for her and didn't remember all the regrets that she had when she was mortal. This episode is noted in my head as a real turning point for Angel. He was always made soft because of his Soul but he was close to being Angelus for the first time without being him.
  • what a nice misjudgement to make

This is an excellent episode. As Drusilla and Darla go on the rampage to quench their thirst, the people trying to controll it all, will learn that that some things are just beyond their control.

As angel hunts down Darla and Drusilla, he gets to the point where he must make a choice, and salvvaging the damned is just not his forte.

What a great moment to see that the people of Wolfram and Heart get the bill presented, that they had in mind for others.

There are moments in life when you just do not say 'come in' to a Vampire. Ehh.... that would be every moment i reckon. What a pity they forgot that rule.
  • "And yet, somehow, I just can't seem to care..."

Wow. I think that one single word is perfect for summing up this brilliant and amazing episode. The previous episode, "The Trial", was as good and set everything up for this pivotal and monumental episode. We got a great taste at the end of the last episode of the horror that was to come. Darla is held down as Drusilla comes in, in breathtaking slo-mo, and bites her. And that was it. They left us hanging. Things picks up brilliantly here and we get to see what has come of Drusilla's return and Darla's return to her old vampiric nature. I don't know which episode was season 2's best. This one or "Darla". This is easily the most exciting and surprising episode of the entire season. The only downside to Drusilla's return was that she was not around long enough. Same with Darla back as a vampire. Oh well. This episode is not just known for it's greatness and the return of Drusilla, but for it's shocking and unbelieveable ending. And not just one scene. The final two scenes. Who in the world saw those two things coming?. Certainly not me. But more on that a little bit later. "Reunion" is season two at it's very best. Wicked, shocking, exciting, and just plain brilliant. I would go on but I am running out of the right words to describe it. I absolutely love Drusilla, and her return to this show or on "Buffy", wether it be in the present or in flashbacks, is always a welcomed treat. I liked Darla being human, but it was nice to see her back to her evil ways. And not just her if you know what I mean. So, what happened in this fantastic episode?. Well, everything!. Read on, faithful reader, and find out...

Angel is bound and determined to stop Darla from rising as a vampire, thanks to Wolfram & Hart and Drusilla. Darla rises, the two go on the prowl, and Angel is determined to kill.

Whew. This episode really is a whirlwind. A real rollercoaster ride. Where exactly to start?. The whole scene on the rooftop with the nursery was just great. So well shot and exciting. Seeing these three old "family" members attack was a sight to behold. The fight scene was amazing and the whole thing just vibrated right off of the screen. But let's get to Drusilla for a moment, shall we?. It's been a while since we have seen Drusilla. This is the first time Drusilla has been seen since she rode off, unconscious, into the sunset with Spike at the end of Buffy's season two finale, "Becoming". There may of been a glimpse of her here and there in a flashback, but this is her REAL return. What a sight to behold too. Drusilla comes back just as we knew her. Completely looney, crazy, unpredictable, and deadly. In fact, this is probably the strongest and most "alive" we have seen our dear Dru. Juliet Landau is so brilliant, and just so perfect in the role. It seemed to of been custom made for her. I don't know hou much of Drusilla is in the way she is written, or how much of it comes directly from Juliet, but she just imbues this character with so much...er, character. She's like a ballerina, in the graceful moves she makes with the role. Brilliant. But Dru is also funny, and she is still hilarious in her wicked ways. Let's not forget Darla, either. Julie Benz has had a rollercoaster of emotions to play this season, and she has been magnificent. It is nice to see her back as the old Darla and having a little bit of fun herself. Every scene with the two of them is just magnetic. You see these two, petite, harmless looking women, but we know how evil they really are. Their every scene, especially together, just lights up the screen. Talk about a real dynamic duo.

And what about poor Angel?. This guy has been searching for redemption for so long, and he learned that he will become human once he fulfills his duties. All season long he has been trying to help Darla and to save her. He did everything in his power to save the woman who he ran with for 150 years or so. In the end, he couldn't save her, and now he knows what he has to do. He has to kill her. There is no other way. He couldn't save her as a human, but he will save her now from becoming evil once more and bringing death and mayhem to the streets. But he is too late. Darla has risen and escaped. Drusilla as well. From this point on, Angel changes. He made Drusilla and Drusilla has now re-made Darla. The granddaughter has re-sired the grandmother so to speak. It all comes back to Angel and he knows it. He takes responsibility for it all because he made Dru, and now the two of them are off painting the town blood red because he couldn't stop it. If he can't get to Darla, then he will go to the real source that it is all happening in present day. Wolfram & Hart. It's also at this point that Wes, Cordy, and Gunn realize that Angel is definitley slipping and they are clueless as to how to bring him back. Angel snaps and lets Darla and Dru have their way with Holland Manners, Lindsey, Lilah, and a whole room full of other Wolfram & Hart employees. He shuts the door and turns his back on them.

This was utterly shocking. Everything Angel is and has worked so hard for for the last several years is gone. This whole situation has turned him onto a different path. A dark one. He tells his gang what happened and they are stunned. They can't believe it. They still try to make some sense of it and bring sense back to Angel, but it seems to be futile. In another shocking twist, Angel fires Wes, Cordy, and Gunn, and walks out of the office leaving his now former co-workers speechless. It seems Angel has slipped even further than what we thought, and the season itself has now turned a corner into a very, very dark alley. Things get a lot darker and bleaker before they get better. But this is a Joss Whedon show, so we already knew that!. Two shocking and surprising moments in the last few minutes of this episode makes this one unbelieveable just with that alone!.

So, "Reunion" is just a powerful and important episode in season 2 of the show. Everything about it is just perfect and mesmerizing. Once again, the brilliant Tim Minear wrote it(along with Shawn Ryan), and he keeps proving that he is a force to be reckoned with behind the scenes. This episode is just amazing. It's just unbelieveable that a show could be this good.
  • This episode is one of the best Angel episodes. just awesomely written and directed and acted. Darla and Dru were just awesome together. The scene where they hug each other is one of the best. and the twist at the end. just perfect!

Reunion

This episode is too good for words, specially the Darla and Dru parts. they are soo cool together. Darla looks beautiful that ever and so does Dru. at the end of this episode Angel went total dark and lets Darla and Dru kill of the lawyers.

It starts with Gunn taking Angel to the office, he found him in Darla's apartment. Cordy things that Darla did this but Angel says she's dead. He says that Drusilla is there and they are all scared. Angel says he has to save her but Wes says its too late. Angel grabs a stake and says he will save her from becoming a vampire.

the credits start

we continue in the office, Gunn realised that the granddaughter made the grandmother again and that creeps him out. Angel says he's going over to Lindsey's place. he knocks the door down but everything is gone. a woman comes and says that he moved. Angel wants to know where but she says she can't say it, he says that a friend of him needs medical attention and she thinks he's talking about Dru. she thinks Dru is pregnant and that she wanted to have her baby near the stars.

cut to Dru watching the starts. Lindsey is there with her and Darla's body is in the earth. Lilah and Holland come and say they are pleased and they have to go. Lindsey wants to stay but they take him with them. cut to the office, they have no idea where they can find it. but Angel says Dru sees it as a birth and she wanted near the stars and Gunn thinks where those plants grow, now all they need to is to find the one that works with W&H.

cut to Angel finding the place, he goes in and sees Darla's body, he has a trouble with killing her but grabs a stake. then Dru attacks him from behind with a shovel. they fight while Darla awakes, Angel beats Dru away and goes to kill Darla but she's gone. then she grabs him from underneath. 'now everybody is home'. Dru is happy but Darla hits her. then they all fight and Darla throws Angel to outside. and they fight. Angel still can't kill her and Dru grabs him. Darla jumps off the building and Angel doesn't see her. and Dru is gone as well.

cut to the office, Angel tells the gang to grab a stake because they need to kil them before they get back together and before Darla kills a person. they are going to W&H but they don't want to and Angel says that if they don't then stay but he's going and they go anyway. cut to Holland coming in the office, he tells Lindsey should have someone to love and then realises that Dru is there. she is worried because the building was tall. she says that Angel is on his way and he's very cross. then someone calls to say that there is a vampire in the building and it's Darla. she grabs Lindsey and she feels that he's warm and then throws him way, she grabs Dru and takes her with her. Holland tells Lindsey to find healthy attachments.

cut to Angel and the gang, he's driving too fast and Cordy has a vision. they ask him to pull over but he doesn't want to. Cordy grabs a stake and they have to go the other direction. cut to outside with Darla and Dru fighting outside, Dru doesn't get why and a car crashes to her. Darla goes to Dru and asks why, Dru says she thought she wanted to be free and starts to cry. Darla hugs her and then a man wants them away and Darla drains his blood and asks Dru to go shopping.

cut to Angel and the gang coming to that guy, he wants to kill himself but Angel doesn't want to wait and throws the radio away, and the gun as well. he says to not kill himself. the gang don't want to let him go but he goes anyway. cut to Darla and Dru shopping(such a great scene) and the want new clothes. Holland calls them and says that Darla should have a massacre and she says it sounds nice. then there is another woman and asks her to help them but she doesn't say anything and so she brakes her neck.

cut to the office, The lawyers are discussing about Angel but Holland say he won't get to them, then Angel crashes through the window. Holland wants to give him a hand but Angel says that he should be careful with that because he might loose it. then a lot or guards come in. Angel says he would kill Holland but he doesn't believe it. Angel says he doesn't qualify as human because innocent people die because of him and yet he doesn't seem to care. He lets Angel leave because the lawyers have a party in Holland's basement and Angel is not invited.

cut to the guards taking Angel outside to a jail. Lindsey asks them to give him a cell with a window because he doesn't care if he dies. Angel comes to be next to Kate, but not very long after it Kate tells him to go and haunt Darla and Dru because she doesn't think she can take them. cut to Holland's home, Lindsey comes in and goes to the seller. Holland is very thankful to Lilah and Lindsey when Darla and Dru suddenly appear. They say that Holland's wife was very sweet, she tasted like honey and clover. They say they want to give them what they want. a massacre.

cut to Angel going to the store. then cut back, the lawyers are afraid except for Lindsey. Holland tells Darla how much he cares about her but she doesn't buy it. cut to Angel finding a woman, she says she heard about a party, a tasteting and Angel knows where and he tells the woman to go to the officers.

cut to Darla and Dru, they are playing with the lawyers and Holland says sorry for the suffering but that she is a great being now. only she doesn't sense anything from Lindsey, he doesn't mind if he would die. cut to Angel finding Holland's wife on the floor. she asks Angel to help her and he goes inside. Dru sensed he's in and Darla asks if he has come to punish them. he says that one day he will but not today, Holland says that people are gonna die. and he doesn't care and shuts it close while Darla kills Holland and Dru the rest. cut to the fang gang talking to Angel they are really concerned and he says that they were right 'You're all fired'.

Best episode quotes:

Gunn: We're almost there. We're almost there. Yo! Anybody home?
    Cordelia: Oh my God! Angel!
    Wesley: What happened?
    Gunn: I don't know. He's been kind of in and out. I only got half the story. The half that didn't make sense.
    Wesley: Angel?
    Angel: It's no, it's no time. No, no time.
    Wesley: Okay. Okay. Let's sit him down here.
    Cordelia: Where was he?
    Gunn: Coming from the motel.
    Cordelia: Darla's motel?
    Angel: Should have heard them.
    Gunn: I managed to get him to the truck without him bursting into flames or anything.
    Wesley: He's hurt.
    Gunn: Place was a wreck. Something went down there, something not good.
    Wesley: Angel?
    Angel: I was just so - so tired.
    Cordelia: Where is Darla?
    Gunn: I don't know. She wasn't there.
    Cordelia: I knew it. She did this to him. I knew she couldn't be trusted!
    Angel: She's dead.
    Cordelia: What?!
    Angel: I should have stopped them. They made her drink.
    Wesley: Angel?
    Angel: She didn't want to. You think - that you can resist, but then it's-it's-it's too late.
    Wesley: Someone made Darla drink?
    Angel: It was her.
    Cordelia: Okay, way too many pronouns here. Who's 'her'?
    Angel: Drusilla.
    Cordelia: Drusilla's here?
    Wesley: Good Lord.
    Gunn: Who's Drusilla?
    Wesley: Angel? - Angel...
    Gunn: Am I right in guessing this Drusilla got a set of teeth on her?
    Wesley: Yes. She's a vampire.
    Gunn: I think I'm starting to get the picture now.
    Wesley: Perhaps you should sit down.
    Angel: I have to find her.
    Cordelia: Drusilla?
    [he searches in a cabinet]
    Gunn: She probably ain't in there.
    Cordelia: He's delirious.
    Angel: I can save her.
    Wesley: Save whom?
    Angel: Darla.
    Wesley: Angel, if what you've been saying is so there's no saving Darla. It's too late.
    Angel: It's not too late!
    Wesley: It is! She's dead already and come nightfall she will rise again.
    Angel: She won't. [grabs a stake] I can save her from that.

Gunn: Okay, I'm still trying to get this family tree straight. Darla sired Angel.
    Wesley: Correct.
    Gunn: And Angel sired this Drusilla.
    Wesley: Back when he and Darla were together, yes.
    Gunn: But before he got his soul back, right?
    Wesley: Certainly.
    Gunn: Now, these lawyers -- they brought Darla back as human, now this Drusilla vamp
    goes and bites Darla.
    Wesley: So it would seem.
    Gunn: Making her a vampire again.
    Wesley: That's the cosmological upshot, yes. Darla's human self has died. And sometime
    before dawn, unless Angel can stop it, she will rise again a soulless demon.
    Gunn: So that means --
    Wesley: Clock is ticking.
    Gunn: No, no, what I'm saying is, that means the granddaughter re-made the grandmother.
    Wesley: Oh. Yes.
    Gunn: Man, somehow that weirds me out more than that whole bloodsucking thing.

Cordelia: So where are you going then?
    Angel: To his home.
    Gunn: I'll go with you.
    Wesley: Yes. We all will.
    Angel: No. You're all staying here.
    Cordelia: You can't go in uninvited, remember? You need us!
    Angel: Not this time.
    Cordelia: So, what's the plan? Stand outside his door and make remarks?

Woman: Excuse me. The open house isn't until Saturday.
    Angel: The man who was living here, do you know where he went?
    Woman: Moved.
    Angel: When?
    Woman: Ah, the truck was here yesterday.
    Angel: Did he leave a forwarding address?
    Woman: Well, I really - can't give out...
    Angel: This is an emergency. It's regarding a - a mutual friend who's in need of some immediate - medical attention.
    Woman: Well, he's asked that I - forward everything to his place of employment. - Do you know where that is?
    Angel: Yeah. - Thanks.
    Woman: This is about the - cousin, isn't it?
    Angel: Cousin?
    Woman: That sweet, but very odd English girl who was visiting him?
    Angel: Yeah. Yes, it is.
    Woman: I knew that pregnancy was in trouble the moment she told me about it. Thin as a rail. Couldn't be healthy - for the baby.
    Angel: She said she was having a baby?
    Woman: She was very excited about getting the nursery ready for the birth. I offered to show her some two-bedroom...
    Angel: Of course. Dru would want the ritual.
    Woman: ...but she wasn't interested. I-I think she wanted something on the west side anyway. She insisted that her daughter would be born near the stars.
    Angel: Stars.
    Woman: Well, she's foreign. I explained to her you can live your whole life in Los Angeles and never even see a star.

Drusilla: I can hear them singing to me.
    Lindsey: So this place works for you?
    Drusilla: Oh, yeah. Grandmother is very pleased with it. - I can tell. - Aren't you, Grandmother? My daughter.
    Lindsey: Can she hear you?
    Drusilla: She's dead.
    Lindsey: Oh - of course.
    Drusilla: Shh, just for now.
    Lilah: Think maybe now you've got a shot with her?
    Lindsey: Lilah...
    Lilah: Don't let me interrupt you.
    Holland: Drusilla, you are positively glowing.
    Drusilla: I'm going to be a mummy.
    Holland: Yes. Yes, you are. Is there anything you need? Anything at all?
    Drusilla: No.
    Holland: Well if you find you do, you know how to get in touch with us. Now we would all love to - stay for the birth, but we have a previous engagement we must prepare for.
    Drusilla: I have preparations to make myself.
    Holland: Of course you do, and we'll leave you to it then… Lindsey?
    Lindsey: Ah, maybe I should stay.
    Holland: This is a family matter, Lindsey. We best leave it that way.
    Drusilla: Run and catch, run and catch, the lamb is caught in the blackberry patch.

Wesley: Angel, are you certain about this? A burial isn't necessary for a newly made vampire to...
    Angel: It would be for Drusilla. She's a classicist.
    Cordelia: She's a loony.
    Angel: Forget mausoleums. Stick with cemeteries, something with a view of the night sky.
    Cordelia: So, just outside cemeteries then.
    Angel: Yeah.
    Gunn: Doesn't narrow it down much.
    Wesley: If it's just a burial she's after - one doesn't need a cemetery for that, I'm afraid, just - dirt really.
    Cordelia: Still not narrowing. Whole planet? Pretty much made up of dirt.
    Angel: Maybe I'm looking at this wrong. - Dru doesn't see this thing as a death - but as a birth. She talked about getting the nursery ready.
    Wesley: Angel, I fear you may be looking for a logical pattern in the rantings of someone who doesn't think logically.
    Angel: Soil. - Soil near the stars. She said she wanted to be near the stars. She used to - talk to the stars. She spent hours in my garden in Sunnydale, communing with the night sky.
    Gunn: Maybe she didn't mean baby nursery. - Well you said she liked the garden. Plant nursery's got the dirt - the view - and it's more of a birthplace than a death place. Maybe if we look for one up high that'll be it.
    Cordelia: Maybe look for one that has a relationship with Wolfram and Hart.
    Wesley: Large firm like theirs, they may do business with a corporate supplier.

[Angel wants to stake Darla]
    Drusilla: That's not a fitting gift at all for our newborn grandmummy. I saw you coming, my lovely. The moon showed me. It told me to come into the twentieth century.
    Angel: It's the Twenty-first century, Dru.
    Drusilla: Hmm, I'm still lagging.
    [Darla wakes up and grabs Angel]
    Drusilla: Now everybody's home.

Drusilla: Baby's up from her little nap.

Wesley: Where are they now?
    Angel: I don't know.
    Cordelia: But you know where they're going to be?
    Angel: Not exactly.
    Wesley: But yet you have your suspicions?
    Angel: Actually, I don't.
    Cordelia: So, it's more like a hunch.
    Angel: Wouldn't say hunch.
    Cordelia: Would you say inkling? Please tell me you could at least say inkling.

Angel: Drusilla's insane, deadly, not in a good mood. Darla - she needs to feed soon, okay? And once she does she's gonna be that much stronger. Now we got two options: either we go back to the people who brought them both here in the first place, or we sit around, waiting for the bodies to start piling up. - I decided not to wait. Anyone wants to join me - my car's outside. If not, that's fine too.

Drusilla: I drank Chateau Latour once. It tasted like lion's blood.
    Holland: Drusilla. I apologize I didn't realize you were here. I trust everything went as well as you hoped.
    Drusilla: I'm very worried about Grandmum. - The building was quite tall - you know?
    Lindsey: Darla's a survivor.
    Drusilla: Angelus wasn't happy in the least.
    Holland: Angel found you? Well, not unexpected. How did he fare?
    Drusilla: Angelus is on his way here now. He's very cross.
    Holland: Well, I wouldn't worry too much about that. We've taken precautions. The important thing is that we reunite you with your baby.
    Lindsey: [phone goes off] Yes? General alert. There's an untagged vampire in the building.
    Holland: Perhaps we should take our guest to security.
    Lindsey: [Lindsey opens the door] Darla.
    Holland: Lindsey, no sudden movement.
    Darla: Warm.
    [Darla tosses Lindsey away and takes Dru with her]
    Holland: [through the phone] Let them leave the building without incident.
    Holland: Healthy attachments, Lindsey.

Drusilla: Did I do something to displease you? Grandmother, what? Don't be angry.
    Darla: Why?
    Drusilla: For you. All for you. I thought it was what you wanted - to be saved. All alone. All alone in the dirt. - We've lost our way and the little worm won't dance if he's told to. No. No.
    [Darla huggs Dru]
    Guy: You two wanna move it out of the street? Yeah, that's right, sweetheart. Why don't you and your girlfriend take the make-out session on home. The rest of us have lives.
    Darla: Not for long.
    [Darla drains the man]
    Drusilla: You're all new again.
    Darla: Let's go shopping, hmm?

Angel: I'm not here to hurt you, kid, okay? And Morgog's not the way. Morgog couldn't find
    his way to his hairy spine hump without a road map. So don't go killing yourself. He's not
    worth it. And you've got, you know . . .a million reasons to live, I bet. Okay? Got it? Good.

Drusilla: Can I have it? Can I?
    Darla: Of course, dear, but a little color would bring out your eyes more. Such pretty eyes.
    Drusilla: Men are drawn to them.
    Darla: Aren't they, though? Oh. Here.
    Drusilla: [Dru’s phone rings]Oh. I'm ringing. - Do you hear it? I'm ringing - all - over! [Darla grabs the phone] Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.
    Darla: Hello, Holland.
    Holland: Darla. Feeling better I trust?
    Darla: Like my old self again.
    Holland: Splendid. I understand you girls have been on a little spree.
    Darla: Hmm, is that a problem?
    Holland: Oh, on the contrary, As a matter of fact, I was just thinking - why settle for a spree, when you could have - a - say - a massacre?
    Darla: A massacre?
    Drusilla: Ooh, I like the sound of that.
    Holland: Now, of course you'd have the full weight and support of Wolfram and Hart squarely behind you.
    Darla: I appreciate that Holland.
    Holland: Oh, not at all, Darla. That's what we're here for. [Hangs up the phone]
    Drusilla: Do you like it? Am I pretty then?
    Darla: As a picture. Now if we could only get some shoes to go with it. Oh, excuse me, Miss? Any shoe suggestions for my friend's ensemble? I said, excuse me-customer with a question here!
    [Darla snaps the saleswoman’s neck]
    Darla: Service in this place is really unacceptable.

Lilah: Those two should keep Angel busy for some time.
    Lindsey: Yeah, until he kills them.
    Holland: Oh, I think he'll find that course of action more difficult than even he realizes. - Regardless, Lilah's correct. We won't have to worry about Angel anymore.
    [Angel jumps trough the window]
    Angel: Dru and Darla, where are they?
    Holland: Angel! I don't believe we've had the pleasure. Holland Manners.
    Angel: I'd be careful who you offer that hand to, Mr. Manners. You might just lose it. Isn't that right, Lindsey?
    Lindsey: There's worse things to lose, aren't there?
    Angel: So you're the one pulling the strings around here?
    Holland: A few of them. I am division head of Special Projects.
    Angel: Special projects like Darla.
    Holland: Oh, Darla's just a tool. Means to an end. You're the project.
    Angel: I can crush the life out of you before they even lift a finger.
    Holland: Oh, I'm sure you can. Just as sure as I am that you won't.
    Angel: Won't I?
    Holland: You don't kill humans.
    Angel: You don't qualify. You set things in motion, play your little games up here in your glass and chrome tower, and people die - innocent people.
    Holland: And yet I just can't seem to care. But you do. And while you're making threats, wasting time, crashing through windows, your girls are out painting the town red, red, red.
    Angel: Where?
    Holland: Well, that would be telling. In any case you may want to hurry. So many lives hanging in the balance, waiting for their champion to save them.
    Angel: Hm-mm. As if you're just gonna let me walk out of here, huh?
    Holland: As a matter of fact, I am. You misunderstand us, Angel. We don't want you dead - yet. If we did - you wouldn't be standing here. Would you please escort our guest out of the building. I would - walk you out myself, but I'm running a little late for a wine tasting at my home, and - just so we're clear on the matter - you're not invited.

Lindsey: I'll send you a bill for the window and the shirt.
    Angel: Yeah, you do that, and after I stop Darla and Dru I might come back to pay you in person.
    Lindsey: Yeah, go do your little champion of justice thing and then come back and see me - if you make bail. Give him a nice holding cell, officers. With a window - southern exposure preferred. - The firm may not want you dead, but I'm cool with it.
    [Angel goes into the car and sees Kate]
    Angel: Perfect. - So, how do you want to do this? Should I escape now or wait till you transfer me to another holding cell, because I'm really not...
    Kate: Two people were just murdered in a clothing store at Fifth and Hill. Preliminary reports say that two women were spotted leaving the scene. One of them matches the description of your pal Darla. - They're not done, are they?
    Angel: No. - Why are you telling me this?
    Kate: Because I don't think I can stop them. - Maybe you can. Pull over.

Darla: Your wife was kind enough to invite us in, Holland.
    Holland: Ah.
    Drusilla: Very sweet she was - like clover and honey.
    Darla: Just think of it as our way of giving you what you want.
    Holland: What would I...
    Darla: I believe you said something about - a massacre.

Drusilla: Pretty lawyers all in a row.
    Holland: I'm glad you're alive Darla. I'm glad we were able to save you.
    Darla: Are you? I guess you really care about me as a person. I guess I owe all of you. - The whole team.
    Drusilla: You have beautiful skin.
    Lilah: I moisturize.
    Drusilla: "That was very thoughtful of you.
    Darla: You - brought me back as human - a dying one at that. Let me wallow with a soul, then sent me crawling back to Angel, begging him to restore me.
    Holland: Which he should have done right away. - But I miscalculated, I - I thought he cared more than he did.
    Darla: Like you do.
    Drusilla: Grandmum won't eat the double speak.
    Darla: No. No, she won't eat that.

Drusilla: I hear the sirens. They don't know if the world will be there in the morning.
    Lilah: Do you hear the sirens? Are-are the police coming?
    Lindsey: No. - She senses what this place was built for.
    Holland: Ah, yes. Drusilla, you're quite right. This was originally a bomb shelter in the fifties. We had it converted. Wine has always been my - passion.
    Drusilla: People - huddled together, crouching in fear.
    Holland: Yes, yes. I imagine that's what it would have been like in a war.
    Darla: No. Now. - She means now.
    Holland: Aha. I guess I stepped into that one. - Listen Darla - I am sorry that you had to suffer, but look at what's come out of it. - You've been restored. You're a superior being. You can have anything you want. And there's not a person in this room who won't work round the clock - to see that you get it.
    Darla: Hmm. Gung-ho, are they? Because all I'm sensing right now is big, stinky fear. But not from you. Do you know what I'm getting from you, Lindsey? Nothing. Why aren't you afraid?
    Lindsey: I don't know.
    Darla: You could die here. Chances are you will.
    Lindsey: I know.
    Darla: And you don't care.
    Lindsey: I care. - I guess I just don't mind.
    Holland: No one's going to die here. This is just a friendly get-together amongst colleagues. We're all on the same - side.
    Darla: I love this room. Dru, honey, in our new digs we have to put in a people cellar.

Drusilla: Daddy's home.
    Darla: Angelus. - Here for the tasting?
    Dru: Look what we have for you… It's not Daddy. It's never Daddy. It's the Angel-beast.
    Darla: Come to punish us?
    Drusilla: Yeah, yeah. Spank us till Tuesday We promise to be bad if you do.
    Holland: Angel....
    Angel: I'm sorry I didn't get to you in time.
    Darla: I'm not.
    Drusilla: He's soul-sick. Not even thinking about his own family. Only thinking about them.
    Darla: Come on, love. I never did get that good-bye kiss.
    Angel: You will. - But not tonight.
    Lilah: For god's sake, help us.
    Holland: Angel - please. - People are going to die.
    Angel: And yet, somehow, I just can't seem to care.
    Holland: Angel? P-please we can negotiate. We... [Darla bites Holland]
    Drusilla: Daddy.

Wesley: And you - just walked away?
    Angel: No, I walked to my car and then I drove away.
    Gunn: You didn't do anything?
    Wesley: You allowed Darla and Drusilla to have free reign.
    Angel: I didn't bring either one of them into this. They did.
    Wesley: You could have stopped them.
    Angel: And I will.
    Cordelia: When? After they've finished off all the people you don't like?
    Wesley: Angel, while it's certainly true that these lawyers brought this on themselves - what you did is...
    Cordelia: ..is wrong.
    Gunn: You went too far.
    Wesley: We've all been worried about you, and I guess it's fair to say we all share some of the blame. - We should have spoken up sooner.
    Gunn: And louder.
    Cordelia: You have to change the way you've been doing things. - Don't you see where this is taking you?
    Wesley: Listen to her! Right now the three of us are all that's standing between you and real darkness.
    Gunn: Best believe that, man.
    Angel: I do. - You're all fired.

Story: 10