Angel

The WB (ended 2004)

Gislef

Angel Fan Reviews page 6 of 20

• angel was a great show its a shame that it ended!

angel was one of the best shows out there! it sucks that it ended. i still dont know why i still wonder why. same goes for buffy! the only thing that i didn't like about angel was the cast Vincent Kartheiser aka Connor. ok at first i was like oh my god angel has a son but then i was like kill him already! s*** come one he needs to grow up! also when Sarah Thompson aka Eve joined as well it pissed me so much! she was a joke but whatever she died and im happy! well anyways i really miss that show and i think that this show was very underapperecited it could of been bigger just like buffy!
  • a vampire fighting vampire with his friends

even as a spin off from buffy the vampire slayer still a good show. i liked the fighting and the whole apocalype thing. it was a decent show and got my attention especially the drama and relatioships of all the characters. it was a very intresting show although i think buffy should have been in more episodes and it problly b/c i liked buffy the vampire slayer more lol but i think her and angel teaming up wouold have been fun to see. but in the end it was an okay show not a gotta see but fun to see.
  • One of the greatest shows of all time which just gets better every time you see it.

Many people are put off from watching this show as they think it is a geeky fantasy show purely for young kids. A vampire with a soul who fights demons – do me a favour!!! I should know as I used to be one of them.
    However once you start to watch it, you cannot help but be drawn into it. It is an intoxicating blend of action, drama, comedy, romance, tension and excitement set on an emotional rollercoaster of interweaving plots around an ongoing (and ultimately maybe unwinnable???) fight of good against evil. All of this exists in a self contained universe set within modern day Los Angeles where the general public do not know of the struggles taking place around them. The writing is impeccable and the plot twists and story arcs never cease to amaze thanks to the genius of Joss Whedon's creation. The acting is superb, although it is the interplay between the leading characters that really makes the show, and has any show ever had more pronounced character development than that of Wesley and Cordelia. The direction is first rate, and the casting of characters that only make 1 or 2 appearances are nearly always spot on. The cross over of characters with the Buffy universe adds yet another dimension which has produced some of the best episodes on the show. Anyone who likes intelligent, entertaining shows with large dollops of humour cannot fail to like this show, which has the added bonus of getting better with repeated viewings. There is something in this for everyone – every Angel fan I have spoken to likes different things about the show or has a different favourite season /episode /character.
    If all that is not enough to win you over, how can you go wrong with a show that turns its main character into a puppet in one of the funniest things I have ever seen on television.
  • vampire turns good and kills other evil beings. the blade put into a series and changed into a white guy.

angel is basically a very old vampire whi just happens to have regained his soul and now uses his sense of justice to fight evil with all the purks as a vampire. the backstory is very fine and organised and the relivasion is put in a well constructed order. the charcters are well developed and make perfect sense. the different storylines are what makes it exceptional. you would think they would run out of good ideas but they upheld their standard up intill the lasst episode and that is a very respectable acomplishment. the series is much underappreciated and people should really give it a fair chance.
  • Now.

I loved Angel. Every second of it. Well, until they killed off Cordelia and then I refused to watch season five because I thought it was going to be awful. It wasn't of course. It was just as good, just different. If they were going to bring it back, I'd want them to do it early season two style. The Wesley/Cordelia/Gunn dynamic was could never have been replaced on the show - no matter how many Fred's and Harmony's they drafted in. Like Harmony Kendall could ever really replace the most amazing Cordelia Chase. (I'm a Cordy fan, have you guessed?)

One sore point about the show: if you haven't started watching it yet, don't get too invested in the Cordelia/Angel romance. It doesn't go anywhere. Zip. Zada. Zilch. He goes to the bottom of the ocean and she floats up to heaven in the most awful piece of script ever written. But hey. There are three full seasons before that. Enjoy it all! (Except season four, you'll see what I mean...)
  • Angel rox bring it back.

I loved this show, also because I love David Boreanaz he's so hott. The show got better and better every season and I absolutely loved that they brought Spike on for the last season. The relationship he and Angel had was a blast. The way they said things to each other you just couldn't help but laugh. The characters and worked well together. Just when the season was getting really great and I was so excited about the next season they cancelled the show. I wanted to know what happened after the battle and what was to happen to Illyri. I miss this show.
  • Words can't express how much I miss Angel.

From the moment I saw him on Buffy, I was immediately in love with David Boreanaz. He is a superb actor and I miss watching him portray Angel every week. Angel was definitely a different show and that's what made it so unique. The character development, Wesley season 3 of Buffy to Wesley season 5 of Angel, need I say more? It makes my heart break that the WB cut the show off at it's fifth season. I know if permitted, Angel season six would've been better than ever!
  • Angel is one of the most overlooked, best series ever produced. Davidd Boreanaz shows what a damn fine actor he can be throughout the series.

Without reservations, this is one of my favorite shows (2). I loved this show so much that I would cancel eveything else uuntil I had seen Buffy/Angel.I would unlpug the phone and tell everyone to f**k off until it was over.

I still hate the WB for cancelling Angel. It was doing well in the ratings, and it had Spike!!! I hated Fred's death, but I enjoyeyed Illyria's wrath at the death of Wesley, who I really loved. I hope that there are other Angel fans out there, because maybe we can Joss or somebody else to clarify what happened to Spike, Angel, Illyria, and Gunn.
  • My personal favourite.

Spoilers to follow:

Angel the vampire with a soul moves to LA after leaving Buffy(the Vampire Slayer) who is also the love of his life behind in Sunnydale. He is joined by Cordelia Chase (another known Sunnydale character), Doyle (his half-demon friend who gets visions fromt he PTB). They, together start an invistagtions office to try to rid LA from the dark forces. Sadly, later Doyle dies and passes his visions onto Cordelia. And the Angel crew is joined by yet another known character Wesly (Ex-watcher). Later Gunn, Fred, Lorna, Spike, and Connoe(for a while) join the team.

This show is created by the GENIUS that is Joss Whedon. It is dark, funny, dramatic, everything required to make a show worth watching!
  • I LOVED this show! The only reason it didn't get a full 10 is due to the lackluster 4th season,wasn't a huge fan of the storyline in this! However, got completely back on track with the 5th season! Was funny and icky all at the same time! Genuis!

I totally loved this show! As stated above, not a big fan of the 4th season...the storyline was bland, and never really got off on the whole Connor storyline anyway. The first three seasons though were pure genius. One of the few shows that I have ever watched that could make me squirm with grossness, and laugh out loud at the same time! It was also so nice to see Angel's character grow from his Buffy days, when he was simply "the vampire with the soul who loves the Slayer". We got to see him act like a real person, laugh, cry, etc. I also felt that the supporting cast was superb! Wesley was fantastic....the development of his character over the seasons was awesome. And who could forgot Fred? It makes me sad that we don't get quality television like this anymore!
  • The show that had slimy creepy crawling demons but still made us fall out of our seats laughing.

With david boreanaz as the head role u know it has to be great.DB plays Angel the vampire cursed for all of the destruction he did with his sire Darla.His fight for redemption made its viewers laugh with Joss Whedons scripts making all the characters having witty punchlines,cry with ALL the deaths in the Angel Investigations family,and left some of us inspired.Instead of just being all about demons and other weird things it showed true events in life like losing good friends or someone youve had by your side in hard times dying like how Angel lost Cordelia.( which i hated that she got killed off cuz of Angel) A really great spinoff show that had puppets, alternate dimensions,fantastic well thought out characters, flashbacks of olden times, with the so called fanged four(Darla,Angel,Drusilla,and Spike)and lessons that can be used in real life.Stuff that will be remembered as some of the things put into the comedy/drama/scifi/horror themed show that is Angel.
  • Vampire with a soul... classic.

Angel used to be on BTVS... he got tierd so he decided to move to the big town... LA. Angel lives in LA. He has his own office Angel Investigations. He has help from Doyle, Cordelia(formly on Buffy too), Fred, Gunn, and Wesley(formly on Buffy too). Angel Season 1(first season, pretty good). Angel Season 2(great Arc). Angel Season 3(great season). Angel Season 4(worst Angel season just too many nasty/wrong/inappropriate things in this season but i loved Faith and Willow). Angel Season 5(unfor. it was the final Angel season. It had a season finale but not a good series finale. I loved this show.
  • I love ANGEL he is so hot!

I think you guys should bring him and buffy back together they made the perfect couple and it was so cute.... I would start waching the show i am sure everyone wil if you got buffy and angel back together for good... The idea of angel having his own show is cool but with buffy it would be even better
  • Probably one of the smartest but overlooked television shows ever made.

I can't say enough good things about this series, it really does have it all, action, romance, comedy, drama all wrapped into to this perfect little show. Unfortunately Angel was often over looked, in my opinion baes soley on the premise, a vampire with a soul fighting for redemption. Which is really ashame because in it's time it was probably the smartest show on televison. Expertly written and directed, I sometimes look at Angel as the love child of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which of course Angel is spun off of) and The X-files (Mainly because alot of old X-files crew and writters worked on Angel too) I think most vitally the best aspect of this series and the key to it's success were the cast, in particular the shows star David Boreanaz.

Quite famously and apparently this is something of a rarety in television, the cast were often reported to be good friends behind the camera as well as on, I think this really shows in their scenes together, the cast have a real chemistry and it's easy to believe that the characters truly see one another as family because of this. David Boreanaz as Angel is a stand out, he can break your heart one moment and having you rolling around on the floor in laughter the next, a truly gifted actor. Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia), Alexis Denisof (Wesley), J August Richards (Gunn), Julie Benz (Darla), Vincent Kartheiser (Connor), Amy Acker (Fred) and Andy Hallet (Lorne) are excellent as Angel's colourful and brave side kicks.
  • The show details the ongoing trials of the vampire, Angel, who has his human soul restored to him by Gypsies as a punishment after more than a century of murder and torture of innocents, leaving him tormented by guilt and remorse.

At the start of the series, Angel has just moved to Los Angeles in an effort to earn redemption for the evil deeds he committed as an un-souled vampire. He is soon visited by Doyle, a messenger sent to him behalf of The Powers That Be. Doyle receives visions that can guide Angel on his mission. Angel also bumps into Cordelia Chase, who is trying to break into stardom. The three group together to form Angel Investigations, a detective agency that hopes to "help the helpless." When Doyle dies, he passes on his 'visions' to Cordelia, and the ex-Watcher, Wesley Wyndam-Pryce, joins the group. Meanwhile, the evil law firm, Wolfram & Hart pay increasing attention to Angel. They tempt him toward darkness when they resurrect Darla, Angel's ex-lover and sire — killed by Angel in the first season of Buffy in the episode "Angel". Charles Gunn, a street tough who leads a gang of vampire hunters, is initially determined to kill Angel, but slowly comes to accept him and join his cause. Wolfram & Hart's star lawyer Lindsey McDonald primes Darla as its weapon to bring down Angel. However, Darla is brought back as a human, not a vampire. But as a human, she suffers from a terminal case of syphilis — which she had contracted in her original life before being sired. Lindsey brings in Drusilla, a vampire originally sired by Angelus, to restore Darla to the cause of evil. Enraged by this, Angel begins to grow darker. He cuts himself off from his staff and attempts to go after the pair himself. In despair, Angel sleeps with Darla (cf. "Reprise"), but the next morning, he has an epiphany; seeing the error of his ways, he banishes Darla and reunites with his group. Lorne, the flamboyant demon owner of Caritas, reluctantly takes Angel and his crew to his home dimension, Pylea, to rescue Cordelia. They return with Winifred "Fred" Burkle, a former physics student who has been trapped in the dimension for five long years. To get over news of the death of his ex-girlfriend, Buffy, Angel spends three months in a Sri Lankan monastery, where he encounters some demon monks and goes home frustrated. He returns to Los Angeles, as does Darla — now bearing his child. The group is puzzled by what might be the first vampire birth. Darla sacrifices her life to save the life of her child, Connor. The gang is eager to care for the infant, but Wesley soon learns of a frightening prophecy that suggests that Angel will murder his son. Feeling disconnected from the group, Wesley does not share this information, and quietly kidnaps Connor. This backfires as he is attacked and the child is seized by an old enemy, Daniel Holtz, whose family Angelus and Darla slaughtered two hundred years ago. Holtz escapes through a portal to a Hell dimension, and raises the boy as his own. Angel feels that his son is lost forever, and tries to murder Wesley. Though he survives, Wesley is banished from the group. Weeks later, Connor returns, but because time moves differently where he has been, he is now a teenage boy, having been raised by Holtz. When Holtz stages his own murder to frame Angel, Connor imprisons his birth father in a casket and drops it to the bottom of the ocean.

Despite his exile from his old friends, Wesley locates and frees Angel. A hellish Beast emerges and blocks out the sun over L.A. Although the city survives, the sunlight seems to be blotted out permanently. In a desperate attempt to confront the Beast, the team removes Angel's soul, releasing Angelus, but manage to restore it. Their efforts, however, do not prevent the coming of Jasmine, who was indirectly responsible for the work of the Beast. Jasmine, it turns out, was one of the Powers That Be and plans to solve all the world's problems by giving humanity total happiness through spiritual enslavement to her. Fred is accidentally inoculated against Jasmine's spell by contact with her blood and frees the rest of the gang though they remain hopelessly outnumbered by thousands already entranced by Jasmine. By revealing her true name, they are able to break Jasmine's spell over everyone. In the season finale, they are met by the ghost of a Wolfram & Hart employee, Lilah Morgan, who congratulates them on preventing world peace, and says that as a token of their appreciation, Wolfram & Hart would like to give them the Los Angeles branch. To help save Cordelia and Connor, Angel reluctantly agrees. The gang begins to settle into their new lives at Wolfram & Hart. Gunn undergoes a special cognitive procedure that transforms him into a brilliant lawyer. The group receives an amulet that resurrects a past companion of Angelus, the souled vampire Spike. Fred finally declares her affections to Wesley, but shortly after is possessed by an ancient and powerful demon called Illyria. Wesley is devastated by the loss of Fred, but agrees to help Illyria adjust to her new form and the unfamiliar world she's in. Angel infiltrates the Circle of the Black Thorn, a secret society responsible for engineering the Apocalypse, and plans to take them all out in a simultaneous, hard-hitting strike. Because this is probably a suicide mission, he tells each of his friends to spend the day as if it were their last. That night, the team launches its attack on the Circle, dividing up their targets. When Wesley is fatally stabbed, Illyria, concerned for his safety, arrives at his side after killing her targets but is powerless to help him; she grieves for Wesley.
  • Good

This show is OK. I think it's good. It just what I need when I get home from a bad day at work. It’s entertaining full of laughs and makes me want to never move again. It really captures the free spirit of media and keeps you wanting and guessing for more. It’s the kind of show that you don’t need to constantly watch in order to get the whole spectrum of what’s going on, I really like that, that way you can do multiple things at once. If you feel like it that is. This is defiantly one of my favorite shows.
  • This show is a spin off from Buffy The Vampire Slayer which shows the character angel fighting evil in LA.

This show is the greatest spin off ever to come out of a show the character Angel also known as Angelus as gone away from the love of his life because he felt they could not be together anymore has moved to La where evil creeps back on him and he must now fight evil there. The show is similiar to Buffy but yet so different due to the evil law firm wolfram and hart. The thing i like the most is the way Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel both fit in together because something which is happening in buffy could also end up in Angel and also the show brings some of the characters from Buffy to Angel and shows progression in each of the characters.
  • Joss Whedon shows his creative genious once again in this great spin-off of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I love this show mostly because of its humour. Some lines just crack me up every time I hear them. Stuff like “You know, I've got mouths to feed, plus a family. Some of them have mouths, too” or “But how will the dancers keep time without your rythmic snoring?” always make me laugh.
    Sometimes when I’m talking about the show to my brother I find myself saying things like “they’re fighting the cyborg ninjas” or “that green demon with red horns is Lorne. He can read people when they sing” or even “Illyria is a goddess that entered Fred’s body and consumed her soul. She’s blue and talks to plants” to which he cleverly replies “isn’t Fred a guy’s name?” Still, that’s another reason why I like the show so much: some situations are just absurd! Also I like the fact that Spike came back from the dead on the 5th season.
    On the whole it was a great show on its time but now it’s starting to show its age.
  • a sister show to Buffy The Vampire Slayer with a bit of oomph.

7.1
    Angel has relocated after Season 3 BTVS and develops a career in Angel Investigations. He is joined by fellow former Buffy character Cordelia, who herself later becomes a higher being. The show concentrates on more hard stuff than the predecessor, and a little bit more semi nudity which is always good, but a little too predicatable. The series went downhill in 4, but came back with avengance literally in 5, with the finale being a OMG type episode, who survives...? Cannot believe that they killed off Fred and Cordy, but the series was ok. I would have preferred more original comfort, like Buffy concentrated on a lot of Wicca, Angel was more concerned with myth and legend, but that is what made the show, different.
  • Angel is a favorite of mine

the seasons of Angel were great there was some ups and downs for me in the seasons mostly about characters dying like Glenn Quinn who played doyle went that was a down but the ups were that alway through of the seasons David Boreanaz (angel) progress into a more funny actor i believe adn also when James Marsters came into the picture in the last season which was great. Like how the writers made David and James characters funny everytime they met on the episode haha.
  • Angel, he helps the helpless.

I didn't start watching Angel until after it had already ended, so I only got to see its glory through DVDs that were really pricy. I guess it's a good thing since I didn't have commercials to deal with.

Angel was an amazing show and one of the best spin off series I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. When I finished the DVDs of Buffy (also a late viewer there) I was sad because I thought I had nowhere else to turn after the show was over. However, I was completely wrong. I started watching Angel thinking that the series would be stupid and unbearable because I was not always a fan of Angel on BTVS. As soon as the fourth episode had ended though, it became quite obvious that I was very, very wrong about this. The writing, acting, plots, story arcs and character dynamics of this series are simply amazing. This should come as no shock to me because Angel was created by Joss Whedon, and his brilliance on Buffy shined down just as brightly to Angel.

The series has been great every season, which is very rare in television today. I do not in any way regret watching this series and will always remember it.
  • Angel is so cute and broody...

This show is such a great spin-off of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Angel is a really mysterious and broody character. I love the cast, and the episodes are extremely well-written. The cast works so well together, and performs amazingly. Charisma Carpenter and Glenn Quinn act really great together in the first nine episodes. They make their characters have such chemistry. There are some amazing episodes like Theres no place like Plrtz Glrb, rm w/a vu, and to shanshu in L.A. There are so many hilarious scenes throughout the whole show. It is a must see show! Angel is really amazing!
  • When he's good he's good, but when he's bad........

He's Angelus and Angelus is part of what makes watching this show so much fun. I know lots of people had problems with S4, and I had a few problems with it too, but the return of Faith and Angelus made it all worth while.
    Joss Whedon is like a sci-fi, fantasy Willy Wonka. His shows, comics, even his guest stuff (The Office) is just so good that you can't help but want to be a part of it all the time. His characters grow and develop and before you even realized it the high school mean girl is a higher being. Wesley the ex-Watcher is my favorite character on this show, if not for his brainy sexiness, then bacuse of the HUGE transitions his characters goes through. At the end of the show during the series finale I told my husband, "I will be fine with everything as long as Wesley doesn't die." You know what, I'm still not so fine. But I will always watch this show.
  • One of the best of all time

Angel is one of my absolute favorite shows of all time. From its 5 seasons u look back upon it and u just love every single season and just can't wait to keep re watching each and every season's episode. Now the plot of this story is a Vampire who has a sole, and helps the helpless and the weak and is basically a hero for Los Angeles. Now in all doing that Angel the main chracter wants to be free of this curse of being a Vampire and wants to become a human. This show I give a way huge thumbs up on.
  • Show about a vampire, the worst vampire in recorded history, cursed with a soul damned to repay his many sins.

If i could name this review it would be called all because of one idiot lol we lost in my mind the greatest show television had to offer over a guy who got fired 3 days after he cancelled it. I havent looked into this sence the time is happened but i believe that if he wasnt fired he should of been, not a mean person but the show wanted to go on and even had the fans to do it so one question comes to my mind why. Was it making the wb to much money or something guess we'll never know but i can gaurentee one thing if i ever had the power i would make this show be one that would outlast any show in history. The brilliant direction and production not to mention the cast and storylines made it in many minds a classic.
  • Angel, a tortured vampire with a soul, moves from Sunnydale to L.A. With the help of Cordelia Chase, Wesley Wyndam-Pryce, and others, he saves the world (just like the Slayer).

Joss Whedon does it again! First "Buffy" and now this?! I love this guy!! "Angel" is a brilliant spin-off of a brilliant show created by a brilliant guy. My favorite character is Cordelia, of course. I also really like the gorgeous Angel, too! I personally liked Season 2. I thought that the whole Darla arc was very well written and planned out. And it really affected the character of Angel, and we saw a side of him we've never really seen before; it made him really dark and more brooding than he usually is!:) I also loved how they made an evil law firm! That's new! My favorite Wolfram & Hart employee is Lindsey. I thought it was just crazy how he kept shifting sides: good or bad? He's also really gorgeous! And, my God, Season 4 was such an apocalyptic season! There were about 2 1/2 apocalypses! And also a lot of big bads: the Beast, evil Cordy, Jasmine, and the return of Angelus. I also loved how they brought back Faith; I love her character, and I love her past storylines on both Buffy and Angel. I think that the changes Wesley went throught by the end of Season 3 was one of the best things that happened in this whole series! He went from a bubbly, shy boy to a dark, ragged man. So cool! The ending kept us guessing, which actually I kind of liked. I think that Joss's message to us by the end is "you never stop fighting", because it ended right before a big fight, pretty likely the final battle. And he probably also wanted us to come up with our ending, or something. Well, mine is: with the help of the spirits of all their friends that died, like Fred, Wesley, Cordy, Doyle, etc., Angel, Illyria, Spike, and Gunn defeat all those demons, that giant, even the dragon; and they all live happily ever after!:P
  • SPOILERS!!!!!!!! This is the best show ever to touch our small little TV screens. The charcaters are memorable, as are the storylines. I still haven't gotton over the fact that the show was cancelled after its 5th season.

Where should I start? The show starts off weak(well, "City of..." wasn't a bad episode), but does include a few classic episodes in its first season such as "I Will Remember You", "Sanctuary", "Five By Five", "To Shanshu In L.A" and " The Ring". The first season of the show followed a "Monster-Of-The-Week" kind of structure in which every episode would have a new storyline. There is very little continuty here, but only because there's not much to continue(Doyle's death is probably the only KEY event in season 1). So a good opening season but compared to the later seasons, its just not as good. The second season takes the show in a different direction, with a season-long story arc, similiar to "Buffy The Vampire Slayer". We see the return of Darla, which in turn leads to a darker season. Angel is alone and dark. He spends a lot of the season operating without his team, which works well because its interesting to see Angel go solo. Gunn gets a bigger role this season(YAY!!)and becomes a cast regular. "Wolfram and Hart"(An evil lawfirm-trust me, its not as silly as it sounds) have a much bigger role this season and kind of become the main badguys. This season is very dark, much darker than season 1- which is a good thing. The storyline is very strong and yet somehow this show just manages to get better and better. Season 3 has an incredibly interesting and well-thought-out storyline, that I really enjoyed. A vampire hunter from the 19th century finds his way into the 21st century(It is explained how in the show)and hopes to avenge his familys deaths by killing the vampire known as Angelus. Of course Angelus is very different now and even goes by a new name; Angel. When you mix in the fact that Darla comes back pregnant with Angels baby and mix in a villain by the name of Sahjahn you have an excellent, story driven season. This is definetly one of the best seasons of television ever made. And yet somehow, it still manages to get better. Season 4 is the most epic season of Angel. It is also the darkest season of Angel. The plot goes like this: An evil demonic creature known as "The Beast" has risen and is doing very nasty things(raising the dead, blocking out the sun, killing people in General). We find out later on that he was doing all of these things as a distraction to bring forth his master. The beast's master is actually one of Angels team members. Kind Of. Possession is involved. Angelus is even in season 4 which adds to the dark tone of the season. in Angels abbsence from the show the character of Faith(Kind of a rogue Vampire slayer)takes the lead for about 3-4 episodes. This season is my personal favourite because it is just outstanding in my opinion. Season 5. Hmmmmmm. Starts off incredibly weak with some of the worst episodes of the series. Episode 8 is where this season picks up with the jaw-dropping(in a good way)episode "DESTINY". All I'm going to say about that episode is Angel Vs Spike. Ah yes, Spike. He joins as a cast regular this season, which turns out to be a good and a bad thing. Hell, sometimes its even ugly. The chemistry between Angel and Spike is legendary due to their constant arguing and bickering. It is hilarious to watch. Sometimes though, its hard to tell why Spike is in this season. It felt like his story arc had been finished on "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" so why bring him back? The season has amazing episodes like "Your Welcome"(cordelia's return), "A Hole in The World", "Shells" and the series Finale, "Not Fade Away" which is my personal favourite episode. it ends on a cliffhanger which is the reason why its so frustrating that this show got cancelled!!! So to summarise this scrambled mess of a review, this show is the best fantasy show to embrace our TV screens(I think its the best show ever!!). The characters where loveable, the storylines where interesting and the fights were awesome. So if your not sure wheter to watch this or not, just trust me- and go and Buy the DVDS!!! NOT FADE AWAY!!!
  • Angel is a spin off from Buffy the vampire slayer its about Angel and his private investigation in L.A with the help of some old and one new friends but there are some realy good twist and turens in the show.

I love it.

I think this is one of the best Shows i have sean it keeps you at the end of ur seat The show has lots of twist and turnes in it. It is a show that once you have sean it. It will all ways be there in yout hart you will never forget it.If a song comes up from the show u cant but help sing it and at the same time remember the show. There is nothing elsh i can say if u not see it u are missing out big time so go and watch it .
  • Angel has left Buffy and Sunnydale behind him and seeks redemption for himself in L.A.

Well other than the exeption of Buffy the vampire slayer this is for me the best thing that was ever on TV. Buffy got me hooked so I had to watch this. I know some people can watch Angel but not Buffy, and the other way around but I think both shows had things that were better than the other. Once again gotta say that Angel also had some breath taking episodes, especially the ones writen and directed by Joss Wheadon. The show is a lot different to Buffy the vampire slayer. I think at the time this show was needed because the Buffy/Angel thing was growing a little old in Sunnydale, the change was much needed. Also we benefited from all these new awsome charactors, my favourite being overall Fred/Illyria. Top show.
  • Angel - haunted by his love for Buffy and desire to be human - moves to the City of Angels to lose himself in his quest to make up for his past!

Well, this was the series that I took into my heart purely because it was Whedon. I loved Doyle, enjoyed Cordy in her new role, rolled my eyes at Lindsey, laughed at Wesley, then mostly hated his dad, thought the Host was fun, delighted in every Spike visit, ditto Buffy (except the cheap season five back of head thing), ditto Oz, Gunn cute and Fred adorable, though the whole Pylea thing left me cold, Connor just annoyed me (until his season five appearance), the evil Cordy left me cold, the whole last episode was a slap in the face and was totally naffed off by the deviation from Buffy (and her defeating the frst evil) by season five....Throwing away the Shanshu prophecy was another slap...

Overall a good show, it tried to push the boundaries, though I always felt that it failed to become the adult Buffy that it wanted to be (in tv metaphore style think of the scene where Willow and Wesley compare evil stories, he kept a woman slaved, she flayed a man and became evil incarnate). it tried hard, but ultimately Buffy touched more people and more effectively.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10