Angel

Sacrifice

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Apr 23, 2003 on The WB

• It's Them Against The World

Sacrifice-Hiding from Jasmine in the sewers, Angel, Fred, Wes, Lorne, and Gunn run into a strange creature who claims that the beings of his world loved and worshipped Jasmine first. As Jasmine's forces close in, Angel realizes that he must travel to this other dimension to find the key to defeating her.

The arc continues to get better and better as the character of Jasmine herself gets creepier and creepier! At this point, this "rogue" higher power makes Glory look sane and sweet! I mean just the scene of her forcing her nails into Connor's hands to the final moments when she laughs menancingly as deep gashes and cuts appear then disappear from her skin gives me goosebumps just thinking about it! Not to mention, she's eating people in the blink of an eye! Back to our lone heroes, Angel and the gang battle some Jasmanics along the way, to which Jasmine's speaks through them (who would have thought Gina's voice could sound so errie and terrifying?) The episode developments on as our heroes flee into the sewers, they meet a couple of kids, who happen to be demon hunters, and Gunn happens to know the leader, the boy has connections and looks good in a suit, cool! On a darker note, there is a mysterios and hideous looking insect demon that kidnaps Wesley, to which he learns Jasmine use to rule it's kind in it's own dimension. Gotta love the insect being so polite to tell Wesley all this information...while tearing out the inside of a vampire, he even takes out it touge, what a guy! Seriously, that was a disturibing and disgusting site! Back at the hotel, Jasmine continues to plan her worldwide domination, she even owns L.A. mid way through the episode, uhh ohh! Connor continues to follow his daughter and lover wishes (yes, Jasmine was technically both!) But she took Cordy, who is in mystical coma, Connor doesn like that. Gunn and Fred have a touching scene together to which I notice a forshawdowing of her downfall to be replaced by Illyria.

Fred: "...I'd rather be that, than be a shell anyday."

Coincidence? In the Buffyverse, I think not! The episode ends in an almost season finale-esque and epic way. When Gunn and Fred rescue little Matthew, Jasmine speaks through Matthew and orders little gang to kill big gang..Glup! But Connor is there with a SWAt team ready to beat them down, double GLUP! Wait Angel defeats the insect demon as Wesley activiates it's portal orb thingy, only Angel can survive in that world, so through the portal he goes...:

Gunn: "Time for the big fight scene."

Good old Gunn and his quotes, lol. It sure is a great fight as Wesley, Gunn, Lorne and Fred all battle for their lives against the SWAT team. Jasmine laughs with her gashes and cuts, like I said, a very disurbing site! But Angel is now in this unknown world cornered by countless insect demons...under a slightly unconvincing blue screen, the plot thickens! All and All, a brilliant episode with very errie developments, disturbing scenes, great acting and fights.