Angel

Smile Time

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Feb 18, 2004 on The WB

• Angel gone to Seseme Street

This is one of my favorate episode of the show, this was a rather bizzare and risky move but it was the right move and sometimes the most bizzare ideas are the best kind.

Not much to say that hasn't already been said, it was an episode that I thought was just plain fun and kinda touching. It was just a blast seeing Angel in Muppet form, from the movements to the excitable mannerism he inherited, it's something you have to see to believe. From seeing Angel fight Spike in his puppet form and actually winning, how the heck that happened I don't know. Or the simpliest things like seeing him try to operate a TV remote.

The plot as well as the puppet villians I thought were soild and kinda creepy, there's always something about attaching evil to a figure on innocence that's creepy. And of course Angel and Gunn have a decent and rather daft battle with them, their fighting puppets after all you can only do so much physically.

However two of the highlights for me were seeing the interaction between both Nina and Angel which I thought was sweet, despite Angel in puppet form at that time from their dialog I took it seriously. Both seem to be a decent couple and Nina is a decent character, sure not the greatest romance but I take this anytime over a crappy one.

The second and I feel the best is the chemistry between both Fred and Wesley. Both of them are one of my favorate fictional couples up there with Amy Pond and Rory Williams from "Doctor Who". You can tell that sparks between both of them are starting to make a fire, that it was finally starting to happen; as Driver Stu from the TV show "The Adventures of Pete and Pete" put it "When love comes you better pull over to the side of the road and open your doors, cause nothing in this world matters more".

I really like how from beginning to end we are in constant suspense and the suspense is delayed further at some points. From close calls where Wesley was about to hear Fred's true feelings toward him if he just stopped what he was doing for one more minute. Or even when that Knox interferes a couple of times, I remember thinking "what is wrong with this picture" or "get the frak out of here" I know that sounds bold but I don't like his character nor care; by his nature the guy is a roadblock. Let alone the guy really isn't funny as Fred says, he tries but doesn't succeed; to me a certain amount of laughter in a relationship is important because it means you enjoy each other. When we see both Fred and Wesley together we know it's right, heck in the battle sequence near the end both were working together kicking demon puppet butt, that has to be telling them something; let alone battles before that.

But it then comes down to a great moment when Fred approaches Wesley and she is the one that does the courageous thing and confesses her feelings toward him then kisses him with passion, likewise for Wesley.

Overall, this episode left me with a smile on my face.
  • The sort of ep you'd only get from Joss

SMILE TIME

The Good;

It's all fabulous, a truly, truly great episode and I'm proud to say I do own a puppet Angel doll (unfortunately the one with him in vampface as all the rest were sold out).

The Bad;

?

Best line;

Polo; "I'm going to tear you a new puppet-hole ***!" (a line never before said on TV and in all probability never will be again)

also like;

Puppet Angel; "I'm made of felt. And my nose comes off!" (as above)

Jeez, how did they get away with that?

The bit where the puppets make their creator 'talk to the hand', euugghhh!

Apocalypses: 5

Angel Cliches

Subverting the Hollywood cliche;

Cute children's puppets are EVIL! Also like the talk between Gunn and Lorne with Framkin where he correctly points out that actually the public would invariably support him if their case ever came to trial. Puppet Angel's Jerry Bruckheimer style 'power walk' also hilarious.

In disguise; 8

Gunn; 8

Lorne; 6

Fred; 5

Spike; 6

Fang gang knocked out: Angel by the nest egg

Cordy: 15

Fred; 6

Spike; 5

Kills; 1 demon for Angel, 2 for Gunn and 1 for Wes

Cordy: 5 vamps, 3 demons

Angel; 48 vamps, 63 and 1/2 demons, 5 zombies, 12 humans, one werewolf and one cyborg

Doyle; 1 vamp

Wes; 15 demons+5 vamps, 5 zombies, 3 humans, 2 cyborgs

Kate; 3 vamps

Faith; 18 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.

Gunn; 11 vamps+ 15 demons, 5 zombies, 1 human.

Groo; 1 demon

Angel Investigations shot:

Angel: 14

Wes; 2

Packing heat;

Fred uses one of Wes' 45s to good effect (maybe they've learned their lesson from Lineage?). She's a good shot but then she is from Texas.

Wes; 11

Doyle; 1

Angel; 4

Gunn; 3

Fred; 4

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost:

Cordy: 5 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis+Groo+Connor plus possibly the Beast

Angel: 6; Buffy, Darla, The Transcending Furies, Eve

Wes; 3 definite; Virginia, the bleached blonde and Lilah, 1 possible, Justine

Gunn; 2 Fred and Gwen.

Fred; 1 Gunn

Groo; 1Cordy

Spike; 3-Buffy, Anya, Harmony

Kinky dinky:

Nina and Angel start to grow closer and closer. Naked Nina in her cell showing an awful lot of flesh after returning to human once more "Oh my god, I ate him!" Hmmmmm? Flora the puppet says she wants to get Gunn's 'Pretty eyes'. Fred thinks puppet Angel is cute. Nina seems to now enjoy being naked and locked in a cage. She thinks the whole vampire thing is kinda sexy although she admits that's a cliche for an art-school chick.

Polo's line to the little kid 'Get over here and touch it' is a bit suspect especially the way he moans and groans when he's draining the lifeforce and talks about taking their innocence away.

Captain Subtext;

Angel has been utterly oblivious to Nina's growing attraction to him but it's perfectly plain to everyone else, even souless Harmony. He does however pick up on the Wes/Fred vibe.

Know the face, different character; 7 David Fury, writer, producer, director and now actor. He previously played the goat-sacrificer in Epiphany and the mustard on his shirt guy in Once More with Feeling.

Parking garages;

Buffy characters on Angel; 17

Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony. POSSIBLY The First Evil, Andrew.

Questions and observations;

Especially love the way that Horatio can convey whole sentences in just a few sounds, Chewbacca style. Also you note that Groofus is beginning to be more and more won over to humanity (a common theme in Buffy/Angel), actually caring about the quality of the show in addition to their soul-sucking. David Fury is pretty good in his role. Fred shoots down Knox whom as we'll see doesn't take rejection well. It's been 4 months since Unleashed. Puppet Angel does pretty well against Spike. The last few seasons of Happy Days are referenced where Fonzie famously 'jumped the shark' (a sly joke for the Angel audience and critics who might think Angel is past it's best? Or the WB executives?) In an otherwise extremely lightweight episode we have the beginning of the fall of Charles Gunn, the senior partners having given him these new abilities he revels in and then forcing him to make moral compromises when they start slipping away from him.

Presumably the camera crews etc we see are actually the real Angel camera crews? Why no commentary?

Marks out of 10; 10/10, it's eps like these that make Buffy and Angel so special.

• Smile Time

Smile Time was a superb episode of Angel. I enjoyed watching this episode because we got to see Nina again as she came in to spend the Full Moon at Wolfram and Hart in the safety of a cell. It was great how Fred and Wesley are continuing to bond as Nox looks on. The story of this episode was unique and a fun episode full of action and humor. I thought Angel's puppet body was a good likeness and his insecurities about being a puppet were funny. I think there may be some symbolism here to how he is feeling. The last battle was funny and the ending of the episode was a nice surprise and I look forward to the next episode!!!!!!!
  • Smile Time is for everybody, and so is this episode.

What's left to say about this episode that the other reviewers haven't? It was an awesome approach, and necessary considering the two episodes immediately following this one are as dark as Angel can get without the writers using Angelus. I laughed and I cried, but the crying started because I was laughing so hard. Spike finding Angel as a puppet and the ensuing fight scene between them is classic and must be seen by all Buffy and/or Angel fans.

Aside from the main Smile Time TV show plot, the episode also advances Nina's relationship with Angel, Knox's unhealthy attraction to all things Fred, and Gunn's desperation to maintain his legal smarts. It was a well rounded episode and definitely not filler. A "must see" for anyone who may have missed it during Season 5's initial run on the WB.
  • Puppets!

Smile Time is a hilarious episode and very unusual and original in the fact that it features our main character turning into a puppet! It may sound extremely bad on paper but turns into one of the most unique and well put together episodes in the series!

Whoever did the puppet work, I applaud them. The puppets look natural and moved effortlessly, which can't have been easy. Angel in particular looked as if he was moving by himself rather than someone with strings were guiding him. The fight scene were excellently done and it really is a credit to whoever did the movements and strings as not once does it look lame.

This episode is pure comedy. It has some excellent lines and every scene made me laugh. From Angel claiming to not have puppet cancer, to Spike calling Angel "A wee little puppet man" to the puppet board room meeting, every scene will have you laughing. I particularly enjoyed the scene with the puppets all around the table. It was so silly but hilarious and every puppet is remarkable. I really loved the big purple thing that just made weird little noises and the puppets all understood what he was saying. The way e was killed was ingenious.

One thing I wasn't impressed with was the whole Angel/Nina thing. Cordy died 2 episodes previously and he's already breakfasting with dog-girl. Not that Nina isn't super hot or anything but dead lover Angel? Nina/Angel aren't a great couple- they lack any sort of passion. One thing I also loved were the Wesley and Fred scenes, where they were growing closer and closer together. S5 has turned me into a bit of a Wesley/Fred shipper and it was great to see them get so close here. From all the little hints Fred was dropping that Wesley was so oblivious to to the kiss at the end, they were great here. Knox irritated me lots as usual and I'm glad Fred gave him the brushoff as they ain't a good couple. His jokes are pretty awful and I tend to agree with Fred when she says he doesn't make her laugh.

Smile Time is a hilarious episode and one that you will not soon forget. It's not deep but it is really funny and has some nice Wes/Fred moments. A real gem of the show and of Season 5.
  • Hey, let's watch tv, it's Smile Time!

Oh my god, I never laughed so hard while watching Angel before! I don't watch the show as much as I watch Buffy, but this episode is definitely one to remember. I don't know who got the idea to turn Angel into a puppet, but it was hilarious to see that side of the character. The episode is also scary in certain scenes, but the most memorable scene is clearly the one where Spike discovers Angel condition. I still laugh just when I think about it... Spike: You're a bloody puppet!
    And the fight scene that follows... Funniest scene on Angel... Ever.
  • Puppetpalooza!

Smile Time-When a several children are hospitalized after watching a TV show called 'Smile Time' Angel goes to check out the studio only to be turned into a puppet. Now Angel and the gang have to stop a group of evil puppets from stealing the souls of children and return Angel back to normal.

Now, it's been said by many fans that first half of Angel's fifth season is mediorce at best and I have to agree. But second half is what not only makes Season 5 one of Angel's best seasons, but has some of the best episodes that TV has ever produced! Now, this episode, days upon it's first airing, made fans very worried since Angel had just been officially cancelled, that were the writers really serious? I mean puppets...on Angel? Now either this was going to be the worst episode in history creating a big black hole of suck that even Charmed's final seasons would look decent in comparison or by some miracle, one of the funniest episodes of any show..uhh..ever! Well, this is a testament to Joss Whedon and his legion of writers as they truly work wonders and make this episode into comedy GOLD!

It is truly impossible not to laugh at every movement, mannerism, and dialogue that comes out of everyone's mouth as Angel has been mysteriously turned into Puppet Angel. He even broods when his made of cotton stuffing! "I do not have puppet cancer!"

"You're a wee little puppet man!"

"Is there a Geppeto in the House?"

Some of the hilarious lines that ensue from this outrageous situation. Not to mention, Nina wolfing out and attacking Puppet Angel, Angel's hyper nature as a puppet, Puppet Angel and Spike's little tussle, not to mention watching the gang fighting possessed puppets...all too priceless! Puppet Angel vamping out...Brilliant! My favorite puppet would definately have to be the big fuzzy purple one who beeped whenever talking. He even whoops Wesley's badass self for a minute, LOL! I also liked David Fury's cameo as the Smile Time creator. It was creepy seeing him being the puppet to a puppet...how poetic! Ohh and Gunn begins to lose his laywer mojo and needs more juice..but his second helping will have some severe booboos that come with that... All and All, "Smile Time" is one big old laughfest so get some tissues to wipe those watery eyes and you might need a new gut afterwards as well, hehe!
  • A wonderfully funny episode, I really couldn't think of a more unlike character to be turned into a puppet!

What a sensational episode, there were so many brilliant moments which made me laugh my socks off. The constant depressed look, the way he managed to beat Spike up whilst being a puppet, his vampire face. Oh the vampire face almost did me in. What an original idea, on par with the singing episode in Buffy which was also amazing. One of those episodes which on paper would seem totally ridiculous, but just one look at that Angel puppet and I already loved the episode. I only wish they could make a whole Angel puppet series, that would be inspired and very funny. I think it takes a truly brave and brilliant show to try something as daring as this, simply fantastic
  • "You're a bloody puppet!" Angel gets turned into a puppet.

This is probably my favorite episode of Angel. It's so hilarious and Angel makes a cute puppet. It's so awesome how the puppets are like a evil version of the muppets. When Angel tried to beat up Spike it was so funny and cute at the same time. It wouldn't of been as funny or cute if Angel wasn't a puppet. The whole plot and story of this episode was great. A kids show called Smile Time is all the craze among young kids but no one knows it's being run by evil puppets. I recommend this episode to everyone, even people who don't like Angel cause it's such a great episode. Overall it's very original and hilarious.
  • A hilarious episode! A definite must see!

Smile Time is a kids show that is run by puppets. When several kids are hospitalized while watching smile time, Angel goes to check out the studio and gets turned into a puppet. Seeing Angel as a puppet is so funny and a must see! Angel is a little embarrassed and trys to keep how many people know that he's a puppet to a minimum. Of course Spike thinks it is absolutely hilarious which causes them to fight. Meanwhile the gang investigates smile time to find out what its doing to the kids, how to stop it, and how to turn Angel back. A hilarious and great episode!
  • Definitely one of the funniest episodes of Angel ever!

What can one say really! An amazing episode of Angel, it is also one of the most amusing. I mean, our big mysterious (and quite yummy) vampire champion is turned into a 2 foot puppet with huge hair! I loved everything about this hilarious episode, the 'romance' between Angel and Nina, the baffled response from the gang 'What's with the big puppet?', Angel's frustrated outbursts 'Stupid plastic piece of crap!' and the overall cuteness of puppet Angel, who although made out of felt can beat the hell out of Spike! The Angel Series is brilliant, and this awesome episode shows that. This is what we need! More puppet-related episodes!
  • Smile Time is a very good episode of Angel.

Smile Time is a very good episode of Angel because, it is very funny. The storyline was very good and the plotline was very awesome. Puppet Angel was very awesome and I wish that I wish that we could have seen more of Puppet Angel. This is one of my favorite episodes of Angel of the season and of the entire series. I liked the fight scene between the Demon Puppets and Angel and Gunn because it was really cool. The Vampire Puppet Angel was very awesome because it was very cool. David Fury was very good in Smile Time because he is the puppet master that became the puppet. I liked the ending of the episode because it was very romantic and Fred had to kiss Wesley so that he would get that she was sending him signals that he was not noticing.
  • Angel turns into a wee little puppet man

this is the funniest episode ever. major props to the actors and crew for not busting out laughing while filming and keeping a straight face while acting. the only bad part is how Angel moved on so quickly to nina after cordelia died that was pretty stupid in my opinion But still hilarious and always be remembered.
  • David Borenaz's acting capability compared to a puppet.

I have to cound this episode as one of the funniest Angel episodes I have ever seen. I mean, the puppet is just so funny, and had an uncanny resemblance to his 'human' (wrong word but ...) counterpart. I think the idea was hilarious and the outcome was remarkable, David must have spent that week or so filming in his boxers, drinking coffee and basically laughing at himself. Words cannot say how much fun I found this one. Kudos to the actors on set who must have strained to keep a straight face throughout. I rank this as my second favourite of the season.
  • There is yet another evil trying to take over. Angel goes to investigate a tv station because kids had been going into the hospital after watching a tv program called Smile Time. Angel soon finds himself a puppet. It is time to save the day, Can he do it?

This has got to be my all time favorite episode of Angel. The recap:
    A lot of children have been sent to the hospital with a weird smile on their face. The only thing that the children have in common is that they all watch a TV show called 'Smile Time'. After justing discovering Nina's feelings for him, Angel is quick to accept the case and goes to the studio to just check it out. But, Angel gets turned in to a puppet and now the gang has to save the children and gets Angel back to his proper body. After puppet-Angel tussles with Spike and barely escapes werewolf-Nina eating him, the gang finds out that the puppets are the ones behind the soul stealing, not the show's creator. So, the gang kills the evil puppets and destroys the nest egg which holds the children's souls. Afterward Fred confesses her feelings for Wesley and a restored Angel agrees for a breakfast date with Nina.

My favorite part in the whole episode is when Angel has already been turned into a puppet and Spike walks into his office. Spike says, "You're a bloody puppet". Then Angel tells him to stop and the two get in a fight. It is hilarious!!
  • After dozens of kids are put into comas, Angel goes to the studio of a popular children's show believed to be responsible. While there he is turned into a puppet. Confused, the gang must dig deeper to find the source of the comas and to change ange

By far my favorite episode of Angel ever and by far the funniest as well. The whole puppet idea...genius! Thoroughly enjoyed the fight scene between Puppet Angel and Spike. And swearing puppets, very ironic and very original! A memorable episode with a memorable Angel. From his over excitement at simple things to violent outbursts resulting from not being able to use the remote... all too funny! A must watch for all Angel fans! A Joss Whedon classic. Some of his finest work! And to anyone else involved a kudos to you too! An excellent episode for an extremely excellent show!
  • This episode is HILARIOUS!

This has got to be the funniest episode of Angel ever. Kids everywhere are having the life sucked out of them so Angel goes to investigate and he gets turned in to a puppet. This is where all the funny stuff starts. The funniest parts in this episode is when Angel is watching TV and he tries to turn it up and he can't then he says "Stupid plastic piece of Crap!" to the remote. When Spike comes in the office and he sees Angel and starts laughing calling him a "Bloody little puppet man". Angel kicks the crap out of Spike. This episode was just all around funny and it had a lot of swearing which is always good. Later...
  • angel gets turned into a cute adorable puppet

this is my all time favorite episode of angel. just watching angel get turned into a puppet was a classic. it was absolutely adorable that he was all shy with nina the werewolf when he tried to talk to her and when he was fighting with spike inside the board room. hilarious! spike and angel really make a good team. the effects was also really good when the angel puppet turned into the angel vampire puppet. this was also a sad episode for me at the same time as this is the last episode that fred will be seen healthy, alive and well.
  • "You're a bloody puppet!"

Let me just say that we SO needed this episode to prepare for what was coming next, although I didnt know it at the time. Ok, seems that kids all over L.A. are being turned into Jokeresque vegetables. The gang soon finds out that the TV show Smile Time is the cause of it all. The show is ran by puppets from hell (arent they all from hell?!) Angel goes to investigate and gets turned into a puppet. Some of the best comedy scenes come out of this episode. Especially seeing Angel kick Spikes butt in puppet form. Where was that strength during 'Destiny' I ask you. I also liked that Fred brushed Knox off in this episode, I couldnt stand the thought of those 2 anyway. The big payoff? Not Angel asking Nina to breakfast..no way. The big payoff was seeing Fred kiss Wes and know that they are FINALLY on the same page. But we all know that love in the Jossverse is short lived.
  • angel gets turned into a puppet. just by that you can tell its hilarious.

absouloutley hilarious. angel gets turned into a puppet by evil demon puppets that are draining the energy from kids.
    they needed a funny episode between to really sad episode and this was just perfect. between puppet angel beating the crap out of spike and nina trying to eat puppet angel i was laughing through the entire episode. it is filled with funny quotes by angel, lorne and spike. for example:lorne: medic! doctor! is there a geppeto in the house?!. spike:theyre looking at the wee little puppet man. and angel:(about spike) stupid limey piece of crap! this episode is hilarious and is well worth the watch.
  • Exactly what the audience needs: A nice buffer comedy episode in between two tragic one.

Not only was this show hilarious, but it had impecable timing. With all the drama going on in season five, this episode was a fantastic break.

One of the reasons I perfer Angel to Buffy is the starring character. In the later seasons, it would be near impossible to put Buffy in a situation like this and keep her in character. But the way Joss Whedon writes Angel, and the way David Boreanaz plays it, they were able to do this completely absurd episode and still keep Angel in character for the most part.

The writing was original, funny and wacky. The acting was superb as per usual, and the romantic side-stroy with Fred and Wes was simpley adorable. All in all, a fantastic episode. One of my all-time favorites.
  • Ok...given that this episode has racked up some very respectable scores, I know I'm going to be in the minority with my less-than-enthusiastic review!

This is the only episode in the series where I actually fast-forwarded thru entire scenes. Not that the concept wasn't interesting (though in some places it was reminiscent of "Chucky"), not that the puppets weren't cute, or that the dialogue wasn't funny...it just didn't seem to fit the Angel canon as I see it. Had the story remained with Team Angel solving the mystery of children being turned into puppets, I might have stayed with it. But turning Angel into a Jim Henson Muppet was a bit too out-of-the-box writing for me. ...No, more than that...I found some of the scenes just plain embarrassing for a character that I view as being a strong hero, with integrity, in spite of all the dark torture he has endured.

To end on a positive note, I did enjoy the Fred/Wesley developments. Those were first class.
  • Angel+Puppet=Funny. Angel gets turned into a "bloody" puppet, (and to quote a Buffy Episode) Hilarity Ensues.

This is easily my favorite Angel episode. I don't think I have ever Laughed so hard, when watching TV. Watching beat each other up and swear could it be any funnier. Not to mention Spike reaction to Angels new found "puppet cancer", and on top of that I can never seem to get the self esteem song out of my head. The plot, all though a little weird, is great. And there are tons of great quotes. It is hard to pick your favorite. And as funny as the Angel puppet stuff is, half the fun is the reaction of his friends. Personally I like Spike and Fred's reactions the best. On top of the episode being great, the behind the scene stuff is funny to. Especially behind Smile Time. On what I think is the first disc of Season 5. On top of the comedy the story is amazingly also relevant to the story line of the season. Which is hard to belive when the show revolves around the CEO of Wolfram and Hart being turned into a "wee little puppet man" If you want to laugh so hard, you cry watch this episode. Some parts of it never get old.
  • One great episode, that definetly stands out as one of the best episodes in Season Five. A great episode that shows Angel as a puppet, and adding some sparkling humor onto the show. Nice to see that the writers still know what they are doing.

For Angel fans, this episode is a great reward. A good reason why we love the show, is this. Angel is turned into a puppet, and is not happy about it. I\\\'m glad to see Angel is staying true to his character, angry at times (as seen throughout season five), but driven. Spike\\\'s character is simply masterful, and his scene seeing Angel as a puppet was probably the funniest part in the episode. While season five had it\\\'s share of pro\\\'s and con\\\'s, this episode shines as one of the best episodes of season five, and not only that, it marks the short-lived romance between Wes and Fred. Just a feel good episode, with Team Angel winning over evil, and the ravishing Nina with Angel. This episode is a funny and amusing addition to season five, worth watching. Not an essential episode to watch, but is just something that will have you smiling after watching it if your a fan of the series. Nice job, writers.
  • worst episode ever!

There are no words for what I felt after watching this episode. I wanted to burn up my house! how could they make such a bad episode for a show like this??

first of all. it didn't have one good line. Puppet Angel looked like trash and spike saying 'you're a wee puppet man' or whatever made me almost shoot myself. and the seasame street cast coming into the show. god. It made me soo sick! I cannot think of anything good except where puppet Angel beat up Spike. skip this episode! it does angel no good!
  • Is there a Gepetto in the house!

I loved turning Angel into a puppet simply for the sake of turning him into a puppet. It was hilarious with his out bursts of emotions and butt kicking! You gotta love it.

But my favorite part of the episode had to be the end. Fred and Wes finally getting together was something that should have happened seasons ago. But this moment was worth the wait!
  • It was supposed to be a Filler Episode but has become a classic on it's own. Kids are getting mysteriously sick and Angel investigates to see if the sickness is mystical. When he investigates he is turned into a Puppet. Puppet Angel=genius episode!!

Whomever thought of this episode has a great sense of humor. Evil Puppets are great all on it's own but to have Angel turn into a puppet was just the icing on the cake. The puppet had "Angel" attitude and was brooding around just like the real Angel has been all Season 5. The Puppet and Spike scenes are priceless. The songs the puppets sing on the TV show and the TV show itself remind me of how creepy those kids shows can seem. Pee Wee's playhouse was always a creepy show to me. Self esteem is for everybody....Self esteem is for everyone; You can dream and be anybody, but...self esteem is how you get it done. That sh#t is catchy!!!!
  • Beware the early morning kids programs...and Angel turns into a puppet is wicked funny and cool. Ya gotta love the way the creators think!

I loved this series and Buffy. The main thing was the way the characters interacted with each other and the way the humor kept the dark side in check.... just. This episode had everything, suckin' up the innocent minds of little children watching early morning tv before school, Angel turning into a puppet and the reaction from his colleagues "I ate Angel" - classic lines and battling against evil. The story line was magic and just a great reminder why I like the stuff that Josh does - Buffy, Angel and Serenity (Bring it back)!

Don't want to say too much because I'd hate to spoil someones fun if they're watching this for the first time.
  • It's Smile Time!!!!

Angel sure is on his way in having a lot of comedy episodes and this isn't even the last one this season.

Smile Time shows Angel becoming a puppet because in real life David had something with his anckle.

There are not many shows that try or even dare making these kind of episodes because there probably afraid that the public won't like it. This however is one of the things I love about Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you never know what to expect because anything can happen and anything is possible, sure Angel looks into an egg and turnes into a puppet, that's fine because it's funny and the show is actually led by puppet demons.

We also get to see Nina again, apparently this is the fourth or fifth time she's been at Wolfram and Heart and all this time she tried to get Angels attention.

I would have liked to see this relationship being further explorered but because this is the last season we will pittifully only see her one more time.
  • Angel becomes a puppet and craziness ensues.

Personally this is the best episode of Angel ever made. It showed the range of all of the actors. It is easily one of the funniest episodes ever made. It showed that all of them can perform in the funny scenes. David suprised me with his ability to be funny as Angel. I think it showed their acting range by having to work with a puppet. How can you not like a show where the star turns into a puppet. It is the most ingenious stories ever told on television. I thank Joss Whedon for his genious. Hola at your boy
< 1 2