Angel

Soulless

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Feb 05, 2003 on The WB

• The team call on Angelus to help them defeat the Beast.

Soulless

We open with a shot of the newspaper. If there's a small blurb on the side of the newspaper that reads "Crime Wave Shut's Down City" what does the main headline read? Anyway, Connor fights some out-of-towners from Tucson. What are vampires doing living in Tucson? The sun is way hotter over there… I guess it's all the same to them. Anyway, on the BtVS episode that aired with parallel to this one (Showtime) Andrew asks why the Slayer is always female but he's wrong 'cause this episode starts off with a male Slayer. Connor has everything a Slayer has with a little bit extra. I gotta admit, I liked this scene very much. Back to the Gang. Wesley carefully places the Jar O' Soul in a wall safe as the rest look on. Wesley boosts morale by telling them all that if Angelus gets out he'll kill 'em all. Lorne mentions the puppy nailed to the wall that Giles told Buffy about in BB&B (I :heart: continuity) and apparently Cordelia saw it on the Omniscient Higher Plane Channel. Wesley tries to emphasize that Angelus will distort the truth and that all he wants is to turn them against each other I guess not even Wesley was paying attention to himself in this scene. Hee! Teddy Bear Picnic.

Exposicion A morir… er… um I mean Exposition Galore. Wesley and Angelus go back and forth but only do my ears perk up when Angelus mentions Faith. Yay. I :heart: continuity. Angelus ain't even in the same room with Gunn and yet he's managed to get to him too. Blah, blah, blah… Bony Fred. Blah, blah, blah…Bald Gunn. Blah, blah, blah…Cordy's boobs. Blah, blah, blah…Creepy Connor. But wait! Things get interesting when Angelus reveals that Cordelia "banged" Connor. Eeew. Connor comes in looking all cool and beaten up and he gets hit with a sock full of awkwardness as well. Heh. Now it's Fred and Gunn's turn to get picked on. Othello and Desdemona. Ha! Gunn enters holding a crossbow? If Angel can catch an arrow fired at him, while his back is turned, in mid-air don't you think that he'll be able to stop one fired at him up front? Then he'll have something to throw at you! Stupid Gunn. Fred then stupidly pushes the cart past the red line and naturally Angelus has her. Enter the hero with the brains. That's what you need people tranquilizers. Fred runs into Gunn's arms and Wesley is jealous like always. Wesley is doing some research then he starts to do some research on Fred's lips if you know what I mean. Too bad they're interrupted by Gunn who doesn't happen to see the kiss yet he still knows what went down. Aaand they fight. Wesley doesn't have his collapsible sword this time but he still manages to get a few hits. Fred also manages to hit Gunn's elbow with her face… Oh, that's not what happened? Ok, Gunn hit Fred then. Poor Fred everyone looks at Gunn with disgust 'cause he's black… Oh, that's not why? Ok, because he hit Fred then. Angelus got his way. Cut to Connor and Angelus. Blah, blah, blah… Cordy's easy. Blah, blah, blah…Darla. Blah, blah, blah… Daddy issues.

It's Cordelia's turn. She manages to get the info out of Angelus by giving him what he wants, her. Everyone wonders what she offered Angelus but Cordy ain't spilling the beans 'cause she's you know… evil. Angelus confesses that the Svear Priestesses banished the Beast and Gunn is the one who finds them. Cut to Pacoima, the Svear Priestesses' house to be exact too bad they're too late. Aww… little boy. Connor is greatly affected by the sight and Cordelia pretends that she is too. They're all out of ideas so they want to bring back Angel. Only thing is that the Jar o' Soul ain't there no more. Shocker. Cordelia tells Angelus that he won't be able to dive into those "nice ripe thighs" of hers. She goes up and sees that the soul's gone and she acts surprised 'cause she's you know… evil.