Angel

War Zone

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM May 09, 2000 on The WB

• Okay, okay, before you start bashing me for calling this pivotal, think about it. It really is. This episode basicly set up Gunn's entire story line for the next four seasons.

I really liked this episode. Not because of the demons in bikini's, not because of David Nabett (although he was entertaining), not because of the 'mutual respect between worriors' seen between Angel and Gunn.

It's the backstory.

Close your eyes and imagin... well oviously your not gonna close your eyes cause then how would you read this? Anyways the point is, the thought of a war, hidden within the dark places of the streets. What most people blame as "Stupid black kids", is actually the same kids saving thier lives. The idea of not just a gang of vampire hunters, but a whole army of em, is well... cool.

They roll out with thier crossbows, spears and stakes, in thier trunk with a harpoon launcher. And they go to war against an army of Vampires.

Again, you may beat me black and blue for calling this pivotal, but if you stoped to think... and if you REALLY thought about it... where would Gunn be without this episode? WHO would Gunn be?

The only thing I could have wished for is for Gunn's leadership quality to have been shown more in later seasons.