Angela's Eyes

Lifetime (ended 2006)

Angela's Eyes Fan Reviews (19)

• Abigail Leigh Spencer plays in a decent show but...

7.2
    I think Abigail Leigh Spencer plays in a decent show but can do 10 times better. She is like the hottest person I have ever seen. She’s like the type of girl you can stare at forever. She is also blessed with great acting skills, which she can only improve on. However the show has some great episodes but produces random great shows and is on average just another average show. From her debut in All My Children she raised to be the actress she is today and appear hotter than ever. Can’t wait to see what the future holds for her... gogo Abigail..
  • awesommee

AMAZING show! In the middle of all these cop / detective shows, this shows is so different and i love that. its got all the good crime show stuff with the mix of her picking up on little clues. sometimes i wish i could tell when everyone lies, i would know, even if no one believed me i would still know. there must be some downsides to it, like finding out that someone you thought liked you didnt, or things like that. either way angela does it best. plus i love her AWESOME camera.. thing glasses, they're so cool!! =)
  • Not something special...

6.3
    Abigail Spencer as Angela Henson is attractive and compelling. The series seems to be one of the soap-drama-mystery types. There will most likely be a new mystery to solve each week and the thread of a mystery running throughout the series. It is not yet known if the thread mystery will be solved each season and a new thread introduced to keep you coming back or will just continue. From the plot summary it will also delve into her personal relations and problems associated with her "gift" which turns out to be an incredible intelligence and keen awareness of everything that allows her to discern when others are lying.
  • what a pity that lifetime has decided to cancelled that show in the past summer.

I'm very upset that this show got cancelled in the past summer, lifetime has never given this show a great shot and great chance to grow into a better characters.

I wish that show was picking up by nbc or abc, because the rating would be top them all in the past summer!

I certainly hope that lifetime would reconsider and bring this good show back, so we can sit down and enjoying watch this best show in the history!
  • This show is about a woman named Angela Henson who has the ability to detect whether someone is telling the truth or not.

I absolutely looove this show and I wish they would have kept it on the air. I watched every episode and was upset when they decided to cancel it after one season. Not fair. I like this show a lot and I really was interested in it. It was a very good show. They have always had a knack for canceling the good shows. I really would have liked to see what has happened between Angela and her family. I was so enthralled in how thin her trust for people really is when we see how she treats her new boyfriend. This trust issue is stemmed from her parents’ lies that landed them in jail for treason. She obviously is disappointed in her parents and hurt by her parents’ deceit. I always looked forward to watching this show on Lifetime. They need to bring it back.
  • Abigail Spencer done a great job portraying Angela Henson. Sorry to see that they took the show off air.

I really enjoyed watching this show each week. I thought the character of Angela Henson was great. I do not think it was to far fetched for the fact that Angela had to learn to see through people because of her parents and even her own brother lying to her. Her job as a FBI agent was well suited to her gift. I hope to see Abigail Spencer on another show of her own or least one of the leading stars.
    I really liked Leo and Dozer. I thought the three of them made a great team. I really felt bad for Angela when the man that she came to love had betrayed her.
  • The ONLY reason I watched this was to look into Angela's Eyes every week.

She was HOT! The show was not. It was too bland. Not enough substance, and her "Gift" wasn't that special. She needed to use it more and they needed to make the story more interesting. I don't know what else to say other than she was HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot HOT hot!!!! I'd like to see her in a GOOD series.
  • I have tuned in to every episode so far (only one more in the series)

..but I'm not quite sure why.

The story lines are weak, the script is poor and some of the acting is terrible. Week after week this series has failed to produce any tension at all and I feel no empathy towards any of the characters.

I think this could have been a good series if the characterisation and production values had been better, this is a far cry from one comparison another review mentions, no way is this anything like Alias. Alias was ground breaking TV while this is run of the mill cop drama albeit with a beautiful lead actress.
  • Nothing original

6.1
    So the basic idea is this: Angela, the young and hot (yes, i SAID it!!) FBI agent has the special ability to tell who lies. At first, i felt sorry for her because of her parents being the spies of the century (now serving their times in prison.) But then i realized that even tho she went thru a lot, she didnt show any emotion. none at all. i dont know if its Abigail Spencer's fault (she plays Angela.) or thats what the director wanted of her to do, but its pretty annoying after two episodes. ive seen Abigail Spencer in other films and she wasnt half bad, so lets say its the directors and the characters fault.
    I feel like ive seen this show before. its just so similar to all the other ones. nothing special, really.
    no wonder it got canceled
  • This was the main show I was looking forward to!

The show I really wanted to see the next season to has ended. No way, bring it back! I loved this show, it's my favorite new series on Lifetime! So many things I'll never know. They always cancel the good shows! All my happenes for next years new seasons just went down the drain. This show was great, a human lie ditector figuring out cases. If only the police where that good. She finds out as a teen that her parents were spies, and is now making up for their mistakes. She changed her name and has a hard time with commitment, and sometimes her eye for lies gets her into trouble, and ruins her relationships. We could've learned more about her if there was another season, but oh well. I'm about to cry. All I have to look forward to now is Kyle XY. I they haven't canceled that too?
    X-Peace, I gotta check on something.
  • I don't know why Lifetime decided to replace MISSING with this junk.

4.4
    I really tried to like this show but overall I just couldn't. I had been watching MISSING in the same timeslot. That show was a positive women's show -- women as friends and empowered. This show had no women except Angela and she did not connect with people, was whiney about her past and everything I do not like seeing in a television character. The isolation of Angela's team was totally unbelievable. There were a few bright moments: Aberta Watson is always good and some of the male characters were pretty reasonable. Overall this was more of a USA type show but it did not their quality.
  • excellence!

• A really, really good show with a really great back story. It reminds me of Alias and could grow ...

If this show is given the chance, hopefully a second season, this show could really hit it off, however, it's all down to the lead, Abigail Spencer (she is brilliant).

If you like shows like Alias, then you should at least give this show a try, don't just watch the pilot, watch the first few and then judge for yourself.
    It's no where near Alias, but it's good enough and maybe the show's budget could increase if it's popularity rises.

It's down to you!
  • Great show with promise!

Great show with lots of promise and that it just needs some more time to grow. But other than that, I really love the show a lot. Angela is a young fed who has the ability since as a child to know if one is lying or not. Her parents were spies now doing time in federal prison. Her brother tires to get her to cut them some slack as they do still love her despite that.
  • A decent show. Okay case stories (mainly forgettable) but a fascinating back story that's playing out in the present.

Angela's Eyes isn't the best show out there. There are so many crime/procedural dramas these days that many become a 'version' of the original. I still feel that Profile (remember way back to 1997) was the first (modern) of these sort of dramas. And it's hard to measure up to Profiler's first two season. CSI does it in a very scientific way, Crossing Jordan does it in a human way (it's about the characters). There are countless more out there all a mix of technical and human.

Angela's Eyes probably is more similar to Crossing Jordan in that it's focus/appeal is in the characters. The cases...well I can't remember most of them in any great detail. What I remember and what draws me to this show is Angela's story. Her family. Utterly fascinating. And we keep getting more twist and turns.

The show is worth the time just for the story they're weaving about Angela and her family.
  • The show is pretty good but by watching one you probably won't like it. You have to watch a few to get the feel of it.

The show is pretty good but by watching one you probably won't like it. You have to watch a few to get the feel of it. I personally think its a really good show. I watched the first episode and didn't think much of it. I was like whatever it isn't that good. I thought Strong Medicine was much better. So I missed the second episode and watched the third and fourth and I started liking it. It's like salad. You eat it once and its gross. But after a few time you get used to it. Now that I feel differently about it I hope it stays on a long time. One tip for them. I think Angela should show a bit more emotion.
  • This is a great new show.

The show is great, because it's smart, clever, and a bit humorous at some points. The fact that she can detect any lie really makes it interesting. Not only does she radiate a tough exterior, but the character inside truly suffers from her past and what she has gone through. The show can sometimes get just a TAD cunfusing with the introduction of characters as crimes are solved, but other than that it's amazing to watch, and is entertaining. It has a bit of other shows, yet it makes up a completely new and interesting show to watch. It's definitely something to look forward to. :)
  • I Loved it!

I loved this show. Of course at this point ive only seen the pilot episode but I still really like it. I like the way you learn different points through out it, and you may even be able to figure out the mystery before Anglea can. I really like it though because I like crime stuff where you can watch and see how who you began thinking it was someone in the begining and they end up sorta like the victim (in a way) in the end. And thats also in this show, to for me its like a drama because when shes off work something is going on with her.
  • The (Almost) Jun Kazama of Crime Dramas (hey, that rhymes!)

"Angela's Eyes" stars a soap opera star I've never heard of, Abigail Spencer (with the only young soap opera stars I know being Alison Sweeney and Rebecca Herbst)--and by the looks of it, the series looks good so far...I've seen previews, even a summary in the local newspaper.

Think of it as a successor to FOX's "The Inside" and CBS' CSI series, but I don't think it holds a candle to NBC's Law & Order franchise, but it comes pretty darn close to Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

Now, if Mariska Hargitay saw this, she'd be thrilled...

This WOULD have me thinking, "Why didn't Dick Wolf come up with something like this?"

Oh, and I wish Spencer the best of luck on this show...