Anger Management

Thursday 9:00 PM on FX Premiered Jun 28, 2012 In Season

Adam_Dicy

Anger Management Fan Reviews (24)

7.4
  • Well, it could have been better, at least I expected more

I'm not gonna twist words, I trully don't know what to write. There were funny moments, there were boring moments, and in the end I stopped watching in the middle of season 2 cause I trully didn't see the point of watching further. I don't know, maybe cause I'm so used to seeing Charlie Sheen on Two and a half men, but it just felt like this wasn't his role, his type of role to play. Without a larger premise to the story, just session after session, day after day of the life of Charlie Goodson, I trully failed to feel interested in the show. I can't say don't watch cause of the funny moments I did see, though rarely, but I can't recommend it either. My review says 5, wish it was more, trully.
  • Hoping to like it more

Few random ep (12, 14)
  • Never watched

I don't get the station, so I've never watched. I like Charlie though, so have never watched two-and-a-half since he left the show. Why would anyone? Charlie would bring in the ratings as a talk show host of some kind - perhaps on one of the morning shows. He is a very intelligent guy and just interesting to listen to at all times. Like Howard Stern, he has a quickness about him which would work well on one of these programs.
  • Patrick makes Ed cry. NO MORE ARGUMENTS, This show WINS!!!!

All it took was 20 seconds. 20 seconds of laughter. No show I know so far has given me this much laughter since That 70s show. Season 2, Episode 50 needs a damn award.
  • Forced Humor

They try and try to force the humor, but just don't quite make it. After watching ALL the episodes (never twice), I have come to this conclusion. Charlie, could you please clear your throat before speaking? Or do you try to have that scratchy, irritating sound? If it is a persistent, chronic problem, see an oncologist.
  • Identical character with weaker script.

I like Charlie Sheen. I do. I was willing to watch him play the same character again on 'Anger Management' just like he did on 'Two and a Half men', because I did like 'Two and a half men' (even until season 8 it was watchable). But the script on 'Anger management' is really weak and even though the actors are pretty good, the jokes don't work and it is rather boring. Hope it gets better, but I don't think so. . I just watched the 4th episode and the only time I laughed was when I saw Charlie with his classic 'Two and a half men' shirt.
  • A 1000 TIMES BETTER THAN TWO AND A HALF MEN...

the show is still better then two and a half charlie didn't work out for cbs....
  • Not Charlie anymore

This just isn't Charlie Sheen anymore. In every other shows he's been in he was a hilarious and charismatic ladies man. Now he's too serious. That just doesn't fit him. Also the actress who plays jen, she is terrible. Worst acting I've seen since parks and recreation, which is the worst show in human history. I only like the old guy, he's pretty funny, probably cause he's racist xD. This is Charlie's downfall.
  • How did such a great cast make such a horrible show?

I've seen several episodes over several months because I'm a natural optimist. I keep hoping its going to get better. Oh well.

The writing is abysmal. The pace is choppy and slow. The storylines are infantile, cliche, and formulaic. But the real train wreck is the acting. How is such a stellar, name brand cast so consistently bad? And why are they still there?
  • I thought his name was Carlos!

This is to that genius MeerKat59 person... if you hate it so much, why are you posting here? Do you need some kind of therapy?
  • CHARLIE DONT RUIN A GOOD THING

I AM SHOCKED THAT CHARLIE SHEEN FIRED SELMA BLAIR !! THE TWO OF THEM HAVE SUCH A GREAT CHEMISTRY ON SCREEN AND TO LOSE HER FROM THE SHOW WOULD BE A BIG MISTAKE ! SHES VERY VERY GOOD AND PERHAPS CHARLIE NEEDS TO MAKE A FEW CONSIDERATE CHANGES THAT SHE WAS APPARENTLY COMPLAINING ABOUT TO MAKE LIFE ON THE SET BETTER !!!

THINK TWICE MIGHT AND PROBABLY WILL RUIN A GOOD SHOW !!
  • BEST SHOW EVER

No other show compares to Anger Management its so funny, I laugh through every episode
  • no more group sessions

So far I had my ups and downs with the show. I have to admit in the middle I got a little bored and stopped watching it for a while but itgetting better and meanwhile I really enjoy watching it. But I have to say sometimes the acting of some of the actors is simply bad especially the oneliners from the therapy group. I would love to see more of the other stuff that is going on around the group. I really dont like the actors of the group besides the girl. In my opinion they could cut out the hole therapy thing this way it would be an awesome show that maybe even could compete with the good old two and a half men days!
  • What the????

There has to be something wrong when a so called actor such as Charlie Sheen has to have his character the same name as his, the show is a total load of CR*P, I'd sooner watch a test pattern than watch another episode of this waste of time & money, the test pattern would have more entertainment value.

I rated one, but I really meant minus 1. What a total yawn, maybe they could market the show as an insomnia cure.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • This show is beginning to grow on me.

I've been hooked ever since I watched the first episode of Anger Management. Charlie Sheen is great at everything he does, the scenes with his group therapy are hysterical. My favorite on so far has been the one with his ex-wife Denise Richards, also the one with the Slumpbuster.
  • Would be better without the sex

Don't mean to sound like a prude or anything, as I don't mind sex if it fits in. However, I kind of feels as if it doesn't. First of all, the way they do it is unbearably unoriginal and makes the show resemble Two and a Half Men too much. And again, it doesn't fit in. The show is called ANGER MANAGEMENT! Charlie is supposed to be struggling with an anger management problem himself, yet we never actually see that.

And the anger management group dynamics is hilarious. I love those guys, yet now and then it feels like they are hardly ever there either. If the show focused on the group and on Charlie's own anger management problem, I think this show would be gold. Yet it ends up in an unoriginal rut of sex that is completely unfunny 90% of the time.
  • Pure Gold

All I can say is too bad this show is on FX
  • stil Charlie Sheen, but more boring now..

I only managed to watch two or three episodes before suddenly get bored with no chemistry between Charlie and the other characters..

not better than 'Two and a Half Men' and honestly i prefer Matthew Perry's "Go On" even by comparing the pilots..
  • It's the next "Joey"

The only difference between this and "Joey" is that "Anger Management" is not a spin-off... although it does feel like one. Just like "Joey" we've got a guy who seems like a good actor (but basically plays himself, really well), surrounded by third-class supporting actors playing not particularly likeable characters. The sets look cheap, the writing sucks (although a few good jokes do sneak in from time to time), and just like "Joey" this will probably get a second season, only to die a long slow death.
  • He's still got it!

I wasn't prepared to enjoy the show and thought here we go more ranting and raving from Charlie. I was surprised, pleasantly so. He is extremely talented and he proves it with AM.
  • A list of good supporting actors cannot save poor writing and star that plays the same character in every show he's in

Charlie Sheen... people really think this guy is a good actor? Bad, no, but not good. He plays the same EXACT character in any/all shows he's ever been in. Womanizing dooface. Wow, what a stretch!

I watched the first episode... you know the whole show and every single possibility just watching the first 15 minutes.

I did not know FX was so desperate for anything that they'd put on such a bad show.
  • It is neither Good nor Bad

After viewing 2 episodes I cannot say the show is either good nor bad. Something is amiss. I am just not sure what. Some serious change has to happen soon or the audience will be lost, probably not to return. Charlie's character is definitely a remake of the freewheeling sex addicted Charlie from Two and a Half Men reinvented in a different role. I found Two and a Half Men to be a bit vile for prime time and Anger Management had some of the same, hopefully it does not become too severe. I was never really a fan of Charlie Sheen but am very glad to see he has overcome his personal problems and was able to move forward with his life. I wish him all the best with his new show. Everyone at some point suffers from a low and poor Charlie really hit his. But it is not all about Charlie is it? And we should not make it so. It is about the show in general.
  • Is it really funny?

Though I love Charlie Sheen, this is not a one man show, and the supporting actors/actress are either not funny, or may be the writing was not up to their talent. From what I have seen in the first two episodes, this show has no future unless something dramatically changed. In Two and half men every character had its momentum, and the jokes came out naturally unlike in anger management, where they force the joke on you. though it is not really a funny one.
  • Thank God! He is Back!!

I'm the biggest fan of mister Charlie Sheen. his new show anger management started a bit slow, I have to get use to Charlie in an other show than 2 & a half men.

I'm convinced that anger management will improve. the writing will also get better, just as in 2 & a half men. Meanwhile I am enjoying myself because of Charlie Sheen returns back on screen!!
FX