Animal Precinct

Daily 10:00 PM on Animal Planet Premiered Jun 26, 2001 In Season

Animal Precinct Fan Reviews (8)

• great show for pet people!

A show about people helping hurt animals and catching the bad people - and it is not scripted! I love this show because it makes me aware of horrible things people are capable of. I love that there are people who spend every day helping animals in need. The show is graphic, but not overly so. It is also sad, but usually ends up with happy endings for the rescued animals. I watch this whenever I get a chance.
  • A Show For Pet Owners!

I've become especially fond of this show, not just as
    a pet lover and animal person but also as a person who
    once worked in a humane society. Sort of a cross of
    "Cops" and "Animal Kingdom," this show is one of THE
    shows to watch on Animal Planet along with "Animal
    Police," "Most Extreme" and "Croc Hunter." Much like
    several other fans of the series, I too have become
    quite a fan of Annemarie Lucas among the other
    officers on the show. On one level, the series does show
    the plight of dogs and cats, but on the other, it's a
    study of human behavior and how people treat animals
    and their own pets. This is an interesting show that
    reveals the true side of man's inhumane treatment of
    animals and for me, it's a very sobering reality.
  • THIS IS THE BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is an awsome show ever ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    for one thing i love seeing animals having a second chance of having a better life in the world. second, i love that when the BAD ppl get arrested for it. my favorite officer is annmarie lucus. she is the best. I LOVE IT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  • The heroic adventures of New York City's ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement patrol.

The city that never sleeps is also home to millions of pets. Someone must keep them safe, a task that falls to the HLE officers profiled on "Animal Precinct."

The agents rescue abandoned dogs, corral feral cats, scoop up snakes hiding under houses and bring abusive pet owners to justice. The show is adroit in following the officers' respective personalities. It's also unflinching in following the stories wherever they may lead: it is sadly not uncommon to discover that dog owners have let their pooches wander foodless in an alley, or that some less-than-decent citizen has taken out his or her temper against a defenseless animal. However, the HLE agents strive to bring the best out of every situation. They will not rest until every animal is given the best care possible, and every owner gets what's coming to them.

Stories to make you cheer, get angry, and be grateful these people are out there.

One to see as often as possible.
  • This is one of my favorite shows.

Animal pricinct is an informative show that talks about the problems with animal cruelty in New York City. The animal cops help pets in danger and make them adoptable. This is why I like the show. Because its an informative show helping animals through out New York. It acually helps the homeless pets around the world.
  • Rock on Ann Marie!

I really like this show. I have been watching it since nearly day 1. This is the original show, all the others are just cheap copies. It often pains me that people would do this to thier pets, and i cheer when they are rightfully brought to justice! The one thing that kinda annoys me is "Officer H"-works undercover, so they have to blank out his face--that tends to be really distracting to me. Anyway, my fave agents are Ann Marie, Diane Digiacamo, and Joanne Sendano. You can tell these officers really care about animals and I am so happy that they do such a good job!
  • Forget those cartoon shows, forget those game shows, forget those dramas, this is real life. This is inspirational. These are real heroes. Change the channel and watch this show instead.

This was really nice and inspiring when I first saw this show. I really saw how great it is to be able to do something like that.

It\'s also touching to see these poor animals be able to get a new, happy life. Like the traumatized horses in one episode........I just love it. It\'s such a good thing, with having so many cartoons and other junk out there, to show kids what\'s going on in real life.

Watch it when you can. Watch it when it\'s on!
  • Wonderfully show, so glad there are places like this in the world

This is a wonderfully show it breaks my heart to see how cruel humans can be to defenseless animals. It is wonderfully to see people dedicated their life to making sure God’s other creatures are taken care of. Some of the shows are extremely heart breaking and just make me want to jump in and knock some sense into this heartless people. It amazes me that some of this animals as mistreat, un carried for, as they are, many of them are still willing to trust people enough that they are able to find good homes.; for them. This is the biggest goal, convicting this horrible people is just icing on the cake. Humans could learn some from the animals we share this earth with.