Animals, Animals, Animals

ABC (ended 1981)

Animals, Animals, Animals Fan Reviews (3)

6.1
  • Great way to teach kids without them even knowing!

What I remember most about this show was Hal Linden, acting as a kind of Emcee, introducing us to the various segments of the show. He always looked like he was very comfortable and enjoying the show.

Ok, so this show was on on Sunday midmorning, when about the only things on were evangelists, news shows and non-english programming. We all lapped this up with a gusto, starved as we were for some entertainment to go with our Puffa Puffa Rice, or Capt. Crunch! I often waited anxiously for this and "Skippy, the Bush Kangaroo".
    (Sunday's were such borrrring days.)

Even so, it was very entertaining and soon had you engrossed in the eating habits of African lions, or Mexican tarantulas. It was a clever blend of cartoon, live action, song and music, and good old fashioned facts.
    Each show centered on a featured animal and told you all you wanted to know about it in all kinds of different ways. I am sure they didn’t want this to be a simple and dry recital of facts. They made sure of keeping a your attention by changing up the tempo and sound of the presentation, engrossing you.
    You were learning something and you weren't even aware it was happening.

What a great way to teach a kid!
    It's a shame they don't have this kind of show on anymore.